Little Rain Team(LRT)

Do you like Corphish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Important Note: i am testing out Shelmet for voltorbs place who do you think i should have? tell me in the comments. i am talking about the Voltorb in this thread obviously and the shelmet is posted in the comment sectoin from me. also when commenting please take in to account how the two pokemon work with my team and support it aswell as how they work individually is the poke reliable etc. ok without further ado here is my team!

So i have still been working on my rain team and i have made alot of changes to it and i think its very good now. please tell me if there is any more changes i should make and i will take them into consideration to. my team is still a hyper offensive rain team, just alot of the pokemon sets have been changed to improve my pokes and to adjust them towards todays metagame.

Bronzor (Bronzedog) @ Damp Rock

Ability Levitate

Moves
-Rain Dance
-Stealth rock
-Psychic
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Evs 220 hp/4spa/152 def/68 spd/ 12 spe relaxed nature 30 spe ivs for Hp Ice

Bronzor helps set up the rain which is the main theme of my team in rain Bronzer has no weaknesses. Bronzor is a very good wall and uses Hidden Power Ice to help take grass types, dragon types and ground types. which is good because faster ground types like Diglett and Drilbur would run through my team otherwise). Stealth rocks is used for obvious reasons it is an entry hazard and makes fire types and snover (a rival weather poke) reluctant to switch in. it has Psychic for stab damage and to take out dry skin Croagunk who loves to switch in for the leftovers like recovery.

Voltorb (BALListic) @ Life Orb

Ability Static

-Moves
-Volt Switch
-Rain dance
-Thunder
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Evs 252 atk/48 spa/ 208 spe Timid nature 30 spe ivs for Hp ice and 19 hp ivs for life orb residual damage.

Voltorb set has changed alot from the previous support set it still uses Rain dance to set up rain then can wreck pokemon with its 100% accurate stab thunder backed up by a life orb to do suprising amount of damage coming from 15 Special Attack. he also has Volt Switch to Scout and hidden power ice to outspeed and take out ground types. (except Scarf Diglett and Drilbur of course) you will also notice static on this pokemon as i think it is way more useful then soundproof.

Chinchou (Lightbulbs) @Choice Scarf

Ability Volt Absorb

Moves
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Volt Switch
Ice Beam

Evs 52 def/ 232 spa/ 220 spe modest nature

With the scarf Chinchou becomes a monster his moves support my team very well. He is 1 of 4 main sweepers on my team and is the main special sweeper. His stab Thunder and Surf Benefit greatly from rain as thunder becomes 100% accurate and Hydro Pump becomes 50% more powerful. With Hydro Pumps new found power Chinchou can wreck whole teams that dont resist its boosted Hydro Pump he has literally done that before. He also has ice beam to take care of those grass types that think they can destroy my whole team. And finally volts switch for stab scouting and revenge killing.

Anorith (Mr Pinch) @ Choice Band

Ability swift swim

Moves
-Rapid Spin
-Brick Break
-Rockslide
-X Scissor

Evs 236 atk/ 36 def /236 spe Adamant Nature

Anorith is also a sweeper and is my main physical sweeper. with swift swim and Choice Band Anorith doubles his Attack and Speed from 20/17 to 40/34! of course he is choiced and can only use one move. but anorith leaves his freedom to switch moves for having massive offensive power and brick break so i can finally OHKO Ferroseed, lileep and Munchlax three pokes that used to come and ruin my day when Kabuto was in charge as the main Physical Sweeper. he also has X scissor and Rockslide as great Stab Optoins and rapid spin which can help my team if i need to use it.

Croagunk (Granny) @ life orb

Ability Dry skin

Moves

-Fake Out
-Vacuum Wave
-Sucker punch
-Dark Pulse

Evs 116 atk/ 116 def/ 232 spa/ 44 spd lonely nature o hp ivs for life orb

Croagunk is another sweeper and a mixed priority attacker in little cup is wicked. He uses Fake out and Vacuum wave life orb boosted has a great chance of knocking out a foe. What is probably the coolest thing about this set is how when Fake out and Vacuum wave are revealed my opponent will send in a ghost type or a psychic like abra. When this happens they get cheaply knocked out by Sucker punch. Finally Dark Pulse is used for Ghosts on the switch and can take out ghosts that use wilo-wisp and substitute. Croagunk is my switch in from water type attacks due to dry skin, becuase it is a common scenario for my opponent to try and use rain to there advantage. Dry Skin has another nifty second ability in that it heals life orb recoil at the end of each turn which is awesome becuse my Croagunk is not as bulky as the mor common set.

Corphish (Mr Ruff) @ Evolite

Ability adaptability

Moves

-Dragon dance
-Waterfall
-Brick Break
-Crunch

Evs 172 HP/ 76 def/ 156 spe def 76 sp jolly nature

My Corphish set also changed probally because he is my favourite first evolutoin and i wanted to come up with the best set available i then found this bulky sweeper set on smogon and tested it out. this set is wicked with evolite Corphish reaches defensive stats of 23/21/18. it is not has powerfull as my previous Corphish but it is easier to set up a dragon dance. infact it is easy to set up two if your opponent doesnt know how to deal with Corphish and when two dragon dance boost are there Corphish becomes a serious monster with 33 attack and 24 speed! Corphish is still my late game sweeper his attacking moves are waterfall for a great reliable stab move that is further boosted by dragon dances, rain and adaptability! he also has Crunch Mainly for Frillish but other ghosts to and finally Brick Break to destroy Ferroseed, Lilleep and Munchlax three otherwise big defensive threats to my team

So that is my team thanks for reading like I said at the start post your thoughts and ideas in the comments feel free to ask questions to. I have made alot of changes to this awesome team and now it is way better if there are still any more suggestoins you readers can think of please comment below.

Note: i am currently using Corphish in my Team because he is my favourite first evolutoin i have posted this now when Corphish isnt on the threat list so i am a real fan of him. It is also worthy to note that i take no credit for the Corphish set as i got it from the smogon website. i recomend trying this set out guys. also i am not at all saying Corphish is the best pokemon ever i just think it is a great underated threat.

hypnosis zong is illegal in lc
This; but don't fret, at the risk of sounding like an asshole, the whole set is sorta bad. Due to the Sleep Clause, hypnosis can only put 1 enemy to sleep, meaning in order for Dream eater to do anything your opponent has to remain in; which will only happen if they have sleep talk, enjoy wasting turns, or misclick a switch - none particularly effective ways to ensure damage. Concider changing Hypnosis and Dream Eater to Psychic, Hidden Power [ice], or toxic. EQ and Gyroball are also possibilities.

As for voltorb, I'm just not really excited about not capitalizing on it's offensive capabilities. Give it a Life Orb over Damp rock. Sure you lose out on 3 turns, but hear me out: 1) Voltorb will survive nothing if it connects, so LO recoil is negligible. 2) Voltorb can take advantage of the weather via Perfect accuracy Thunders on turn 2; sure to be painful to anything not ground type. I'm also not too crazy about taunt or explosion. Since explosion's nerf, it's really hard pressed for a move slot. Taunt, while I can see it coming in handy, is probably better on a different mon. I would definitly run Volt Switch and HP Ice for a make shift BoltBeam between Tunder and HP Ice. Voltswitch allows you to switch to another Rain abuser on turn 2, so as to minimize turns wasted, while still doing some damage.

Chinchou wants Hydropump over Surf. otherwise its a good set.

I, personally, dont like Kabuto as a LC mon, if only cause i feel like Anorith outclasses it all day (an arguable point).

Croagunk is a fun choice on a rain team. Usually I'd say go wif something more defensive, but LO recoil will be negated by regen; so its good.

Props for Corphish!

Thanks for the post Methmite and prem will edit that bit out for now i will chuck in Psychic and do you guys think reflect would be a good move for Bronzor the life orb idea on Voltorb is acctually pretty good has it can out speed alot of things to minimize the time a rain sweeper is not switched in. dow you reckon it is a good idea to still have bronzor as the lead or switch it to Voltorb. also i can see hydro pump working on chinchou i guess i never bothered using it becuase of the accuracy also if i were to use anorith which set would i use

Bump i have made quite a few changes to this team now and i will update it maybe at the end of the week thank you methmite for your help. on of the biggest changes i made was change kabuto for anorith becuase he gets completely outclassed and now i have a poke with brick breack to take out munchlax lileep and ferroseed

Bump I have made alot of changes to my team and want to see peoples thoughts on it :) also i am thinking about swapping Voltorb for Shelmet

Shelmet(Helmet II)@ Evolite

Ability Hydratoin

Moves
-Rain dance
-Spikes
-Recover
-Bugbuzz

116hp/156 def/ 236 spd Bold Nature

This Pokemon sets up rain like Voltorb would but can also use Spikes to help aid my sweepers. it is a good defensive pivot for my team and provides an earth resistants it still benefits from rain with hydratoin. it has recover to heal up any damage it takes while setting up and has bug buzz for stab damage and to take out grass types

remeber this pokemon is an optoin to replace voltorb not any other pokemon and seeing as i already have a stupid poll up who do you think i should have the Shelmet in this comment or the Voltorb currently in my team?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)