(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Landorus (and Tornadus and Thundurus) are always 100% male. Gardevoir is Gen 3 and was retconned to being a Fairy-type in Gen 6. Just like Azumarill (which was released in Gen 2). Gallade came in Gen IV. And Showdown often has minor glitches, it is not reflective of the games that it is SIMULATING.
I hear rumors of making a 19th type, possibly Plastic? The rumor is strong, but Gamefreak hasn't said anything... Fairy should've been made in gen 5, (B&W) because when they were just released, Sableye was OP.

I hear rumors of making a 19th type, possibly Plastic? The rumor is strong, but Gamefreak hasn't said anything... Fairy should've been made in gen 5, (B&W) because when they were just released, Sableye was OP.
Now you're just making stuff up. There are no "new type rumors" and no, Sableye wasn't OP in BW, let alone being the reason Fairy was created. Fairy-types were created to give Steel and Poison a new super-effective hit and actually be USED, while at the same time nerfing the Dragon-type that they finally realized was just a tad too spammable.

Now you're just making stuff up. There are no "new type rumors"
Not to mention how strange a plastic type would be concept wise. Given how much hate there is for objected-based Pokemon designs, I doubt they'd introduce a type that would be mostly object-based designs.

Re: Delta Emerald: The next Pokemon games is going to be the third version of Gen 7 or Sinnoh remakes, since we have actual rumours about Pokemon "Stars" and a remake has been introduced on every console since the GBA (Switch anyone?)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Urddyxogamerz, before you post any more, CHECK YOUR SOURCES. The posts you have made in this thread so far are so poorly informed that it borders on trolling. I don't know if it's intentional on your part, but there are rules against it either way. Look up the facts before you make any further claims such as "Sableye was released in BW" or "Gardevoir is a Gen VI Pokémon". And don't double post, use the edit button.

Urddyxogamerz, before you post any more, CHECK YOUR SOURCES. The posts you have made in this thread so far are so poorly informed that it borders on trolling. I don't know if it's intentional on your part, but there are rules against it either way. Look up the facts before you make any further claims such as "Sableye was released in BW" or "Gardevoir is a Gen VI Pokémon". And don't double post, use the edit button.
I'm not trolling, it's that my friends keep telling me stuff, and wasn't Sableye Gen 5?
And when I played Sapphire, I never saw a Gardevoir, but seeing one in X, with the champion, I simply assumed that.
It's not trolling.

I'm not trolling, it's that my friends keep telling me stuff, and wasn't Sableye Gen 5?
And when I played Sapphire, I never saw a Gardevoir, but seeing one in X, with the champion, I simply assumed that.
It's not trolling.
Sableye was Gen 3 as well... and it was IN SAPPHIRE as the exclusive counterpart to Mawile...

Besides, you have the power of THE INTERNET at your disposal. You can bloody check yourself before you wreck yourself. ...or before Cod wrecks you.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's not trolling.
http://www.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

Have fun. Please. And don't always trust the memory of your friends when it comes to information you can easily verify yourself. A little bit of looking up and a little extra thinking goes a long way.

And to your (our your friends') credit, Sableye did get a huge change in BW when its hidden ability was released. The addition of Prankster gave Sableye a huge boost in viability, which might be what you (or your friends) were referring to.

here's the other thing about making random posts about stuff without a basis in sources: a lot of people on this forum have been playing pokémon since it was released or not long after. some of them could recite the pokédex backwards and forwards if they wanted to I'm sure. even if not most of them probably know by heart which pokémon came in which gen and random other facts about pokémon. it's okay to think x statement is true even if it's not (well it's not "okay" but whatever) - god knows i had a phase in 5th grade where this friend of mine was telling me absolutely absurd shit about pre-evolutions to Groudon and Kyogre being found in the Safari Zone and I believed some of it - but in that case don't go trying to tell a Pokémon forum filled with people who know these things by heart that they are wrong when they try to correct you. that's why this thread has gotten a bit derailed and I'll admit I'm definitely part of it

which is why I'm going to drag the conversation back on track by listing a recent annoyance: the legendary dogs in GSC can go to hell I feel like they're specifically programmed to run away from you if they have they option. Maybe that's just confirmation bias on my part but it definitely seemed that way. And then in GS there's three of them.

I finally caught them all but it was a war of attrition for sure

edit: i should specify when i say "they are programmed to run away from you if they have the option" I don't mean from battle, I mean in the overworld.

Last edited:
which is why I'm going to drag the conversation back on track by listing a recent annoyance: the legendary dogs in GSC can go to hell I feel like they're specifically programmed to run away from you if they have they option. Maybe that's just confirmation bias on my part but it definitely seemed that way. And then in GS there's three of them.

I finally caught them all but it was a war of attrition for sure
Don't forget two separate glitches in the Gen III games that made the roaming legendaries either have terrible IVs or disappear forever if it used Roar.

DPP were the only games in which it was implemented in a quite tolerable way, since you could track the roaming legendaries' locations while still walking in the overworld.

One thing I'm missing in Sun and Moon is the "Move Items" option. It used to highlight all the 'mons that were holding something and fade all the ones that weren't, along with giving the option to move the item to another monster along with putting it in you bag.

Now with the "streamlining" I'm playing a half-minute game of "crud, which one of these 'mons has my Destiny Knot?"

Actually, the new PC in general is really a step back. ORAS got it at perfection with making "move-pokemon" the default instead of "deposit." Now everything here feels like a regression.

They even cut the cool post-game box wallpapers. :(

I like Sun and Moon, but this game really seems to be hitting me high and low with nothing in the middle, averaging out to good but still keeping me alternating between "THIS IS AMAZING!" and "this is sooooooooo dumb."

One thing I'm missing in Sun and Moon is the "Move Items" option. It used to highlight all the 'mons that were holding something and fade all the ones that weren't, along with giving the option to move the item to another monster along with putting it in you bag.

Now with the "streamlining" I'm playing a half-minute game of "crud, which one of these 'mons has my Destiny Knot?"

Actually, the new PC in general is really a step back. ORAS got it at perfection with making "move-pokemon" the default instead of "deposit." Now everything here feels like a regression.

They even cut the cool post-game box wallpapers. :(

I like Sun and Moon, but this game really seems to be hitting me high and low with nothing in the middle, averaging out to good but still keeping me alternating between "THIS IS AMAZING!" and "this is sooooooooo dumb."
Move Items is now incorporated into the PC. There are three buttons near the top of the PC interface- One for normal use, one for Move items, and one for setting up Battle Teams.

Move Items is now incorporated into the PC. There are three buttons near the top of the PC interface- One for normal use, one for Move items, and one for setting up Battle Teams.
To be fair, it's not clear enough. I discovered by complete chance that both options were in the PC instead of being standalone options.

Ugh, yep there it is.

I agree with Siggu as there's no real indicator that it's there (the icon really doesn't suggest much either). But at least it is there.

Yeah, I only found it by pushing every button I saw so as to figure out what the new ones did.

Another pet peeve- Evolving Legendaries are a pain when assembling a Living Pokedex. You do get enough of each family if you buy Sun and Moon, which isn't that different from previous generations, but it just bugs me for some reason.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Apparently you can't even get the National Dex without Bank now. I don't care if it's five bucks a year, that's still beyond aggravating.
Well at least GF will offer everyone a free month of Bank. Right, GF? Your not going to force people who don't want Bank to buy a year of it just to transfer their Pokemon over, a service that was FREE before Gen VI introduced Bank, RIGHT?!

Battle Royals are a pain for a few reasons:

1. For whatever reason the AI always seems to know what your lead is and picks your opponents' leads accordingly to counter yours. Examples:
- Lead with Mudsdale. AI sends out Honchkrow, Aerodactyl and Venusaur.
- Lead with Incineroar. AI sends out Greninja, Aggron and Aerodactyl.
2. AI gangs up on the human. I had one scenario where my Mudsdale got KO'd on the first move and the other two opponents' moves failed because they all targeted me.
3. AI steals your kills.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
For everyone who said stuff about Sableye and Gardevoir being in Sapphire, either I never remembered or I just didn't get that far.
If you're not just trolling, Mr. The Trolly Smeargle, the problem wasn't you misremembering but insisting you were correct after being corrected. At that point you should have checked a site like Bulbapedia and reformed your thoughts.

Gardevoir's Bulbapedia:
Gardevoir (Japanese: サーナイト Sirnight) is a dual-type Psychic/Fairy Pokémon introduced in Generation III.
Sableye's Bulbapedia:
Sableye (Japanese: ヤミラミ Yamirami) is a dual-type Dark/Ghost Pokémon introduced in Generation III.
It's within the first sentence on their page.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
why does everyone think this guy is trolling? he's given a reason for why he's been misinformed about stuff and it's definitely possible to forget stuff and have a friend tell you incorrect rumors...

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but for whatever reason, whenever I close Pokémon Moon, my 3DS screen goes blank for about 15 seconds before returning to the main menu. This doesn't happen with any other software. What even.

^ Because of his signature and the way he seemed to be lurching from topic to topic arbitrarily just to make as many weird, incorrect statements as possible.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
why does everyone think this guy is trolling? he's given a reason for why he's been misinformed about stuff and it's definitely possible to forget stuff and have a friend tell you incorrect rumors...

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but for whatever reason, whenever I close Pokémon Moon, my 3DS screen goes blank for about 15 seconds before returning to the main menu. This doesn't happen with any other software. What even.
Close as in exiting out of the software on the main menu? If you're using an old 3DS/2DS, the system does a soft-reboot every time you start and exit the game in order to clear RAM space (due to the higher processing power of the game). Smash Bros 3DS does the same thing.

^ Because of his signature and the way he seemed to be lurching from topic to topic arbitrarily just to make as many weird, incorrect statements as possible.
And the fact most of the statements can be proven incorrect with ~5 minutes of surfing through the big name Pokemon sites, or googling it...

Something that annoyed me in gen 4, the roaming legendary Pokemon in HG/SS will still flee even if put to sleep. Like, how does that even work... and of course if trapped they may wake up and Raikou and Entei both know Roar...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)