(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

someone mentioned ball seals a couple of posts ago

just another example of a feature that gamefreak introduced once and then scrapped in favour of 'innovating'
I did, and honestly it was a nice Lil thing, kinda miss it, it would be radical with the new ball animations.

Also, timer ball Lele over love ball Lele.

Considering how much Game Freak is supposedly pushing VGC, I find it hilarious how much they failed at implementing multiplayer aspects into Sun and Moon.

"Hey, here's a way to increase your Pokemon's IVs so you don't have to SR! Too bad you'll have to grind for ages to get it to level 100 for no apparent reason."
"Hey, we redesigned the daycare mechanics so that it's built around what people actually use it for! Too bad the Destiny Knot costs 48 BP."
"Hey, why are people still hacking?"

Considering how much Game Freak is supposedly pushing VGC, I find it hilarious how much they failed at implementing multiplayer aspects into Sun and Moon.

"Hey, here's a way to increase your Pokemon's IVs so you don't have to SR! Too bad you'll have to grind for ages to get it to level 100 for no apparent reason."
"Hey, we redesigned the daycare mechanics so that it's built around what people actually use it for! Too bad the Destiny Knot costs 48 BP."
And this is why PKHex will always exist and be useful to a significant portion of the competitive population. As long as roadblocks like this exist, there will be players who see breeding as too time-consuming and would much rather hack the mons themselves in and get to the meat of the game, playing.

Also, I read an article: you have to hatch 20 eggs before even getting to the Judge. Thankfully I guess you could just accomplish this with Magikarp or something.

The judge is available at the Battle Tree immediately but after 20 eggs you can check IVs directly boxes.
The IV Judge NPC refuses to do anything until after hatching 20 Eggs.

At least, that's what I noticed.

Can we add the first battle against Red in the Battle Tree? He's very easy, but his decision to stack recovery on recovery on recovery makes you use your strongest moves just because you want the battle to be over quickly.

Last edited:
Even though for competitions those are banned anyway?
I don't think it was about competition as such (though there is a minor effect in that some egg moves are straight-up not available right now because the source Pokemon aren't), I think they wanted people using stuff from Alola for a while before they could import all their old standbys from previous gens.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
*Sees the extra East Shellos in PC to just have it registered in the Pokedex*

You know, how about I trade this for a West Shellos. I'm sure some Sun players are asking for it.

*Checks GTS and see only East Shellos are there*

... there's no way all of these players are Moon players. Don't tell me GF did what I think they did...

*Confirms only East Gastrodon are available in Sun & Moon*

*Bangs head on wall*
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! IT'S SO OBVIOUS! East for Moon, West for Sun! Not only that, I checked Bulbapedia to confirm my suspicion and also found that both forms of Shellos & Gastrodon have their own dex descriptions (meaning each one has four dex descriptions)!

*Sees the extra East Shellos in PC to just have it registered in the Pokedex*

You know, how about I trade this for a West Shellos. I'm sure some Sun players are asking for it.

*Checks GTS and see only East Shellos are there*

... there's no way all of these players are Moon players. Don't tell me GF did what I think they did...

*Confirms only East Gastrodon are available in Sun & Moon*

*Bangs head on wall*
HOW DO YOU DO THAT?! IT'S SO OBVIOUS! East for Moon, West for Sun! Not only that, I checked Bulbapedia to confirm my suspicion and also found that both forms of Shellos & Gastrodon have their own dex descriptions (meaning each one has four dex descriptions)!
To be fair, I know in X&Y, only West Sea Shellos was obtainable. So, this has already been done before. At least it's my favorite this time.

I don't think it was about competition as such (though there is a minor effect in that some egg moves are straight-up not available right now because the source Pokemon aren't), I think they wanted people using stuff from Alola for a while before they could import all their old standbys from previous gens.
Even though Gen 6 had the rule of no-past-gen-pokemon after Bank was released, and Sun/Moon has a new symbol for Pokémon originating from Gen 7 just like XYORAS did for Gen 6-originating Pokémon?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't like it when GF reuses old Pokédex entries for Pokémon in new games. Yeah I mean it does seem like a lot of work but... they make new sprites for all the Pokémon every generation. Couldn't they at least add a new piece of information to Pokémon we know precious little about?

It frustrates me to no end when people ask questions that have been answered repeatedly, by Nintendo themselves.

EDIT: aaand spoiler tags don't work. So i can't do my original intention for this post. Great. Thanks. Just another thing to add to the list of crap that doesn't work.

Are you sure you use the right tags? It's
Code:
[hide]text here[/hide]
, not
Code:
[spoiler]text here[/spoiler]
Yes, I did that. And when I posted the post originally, it left it in code form, not in the actual tag. So. It doesn't work for me. And I ALWAYS have this issue.

It's Sun and Moon. We have Sun and Moon Pokemon, Solrock and Lunatone. I had hoped that they might be version exclusives this gen, perhaps complete with Mega Evolutions. It would fit perfectly, right?

Well, the pair did get a buff of some sort, each receiving +20 to their base HP this gen. But the Sun and Moon Pokemon, who would seem to be perfect thematic fits for the games Sun and Moon...

...aren't even in the Alola Dex.

There are also issues in Rotom (a shame because I would have liked to see a Pokedex entry shilling itself) and Charizard, both prominent in the region, yet not in the Alola Pokedex.

(does Sharpedo have this issue as well? I didn't encounter any Carvanha)

Last edited:
I don't like it when GF reuses old Pokédex entries for Pokémon in new games. Yeah I mean it does seem like a lot of work but... they make new sprites for all the Pokémon every generation. Couldn't they at least add a new piece of information to Pokémon we know precious little about?
Which is why as someone who was also annoyed by this so much, I was SO happy to see all-new dex entries for every single Pokémon in the Alola Pokédex in Sun/Moon. They really went to town on it; even doing alternate forms and Megas!

Perhaps Sun Stones actually come from Alola and that's why Bellossom looks the way it does?
tfw Bellossom is just Vileplume Alola form

But yeah, it bugs me that Bellossom, Lunatone and Solrock aren't in the game. You'd think those would have been a no-brainer - hell, with Lunatone and Solrock you could do this awesome thing where

If you're playing Moon, Lunatone appears in Vast Poni Canyon; but when you use Lunala/Solgaleo to go to the alternate world, Solrock is there instead. And vice versa for Sun. Which leads me into another little thing that's a little annoying - the alternate world. I'm surprised they done nothing with this concept beyond time changes and Cosmog; you'd have thought there'd be a lot more to an alternate world. Not asking to give us, like, the other game's version exclusives or anything, but... the whole thing just seems so underutilised.

One of the things that infuriates me the most in Sun/moon is the pokemon cries in the routes. they were there in the past generations, but it was like what, one cry for every 1-2 minutes? okay. But now you have them SCREAMING all the fucking time. Not only that, they also continue to scream even during cutscenes. You have a dramatic cutscene where they cut the music for added effect? Too bad, here's a thousand screaming-worms chorus for you.

Also, it doesn't matter how close or far you are from the grass. they will be there, screaming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 8)