(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

The limit does not exist.

All the reasonable trades get snagged FAST. I was wondering if everyone was truly that stupid, then I noticed how quickly my version-exclusive for comparable version-exclusive trades went. Like, minutes. At some point when your GTS trade doesn't get picked up, surely you have to think "oh maybe nobody is going to respond to this." Right? No?

At least you can filter out people looking for legendaries and mythicals. I don't remember if that feature existed in previous gens but it's a godsend now.
I was looking for a Kangaskhan on GTS and the first thing on there was a shiny one, looking for an Electivire. I didn't really consider the fact it was probably hacked or whatever, I snatched that shit up straight away! I guess you just have to be there at exactly the right time.

The limit does not exist.

All the reasonable trades get snagged FAST. I was wondering if everyone was truly that stupid, then I noticed how quickly my version-exclusive for comparable version-exclusive trades went. Like, minutes. At some point when your GTS trade doesn't get picked up, surely you have to think "oh maybe nobody is going to respond to this." Right? No?

At least you can filter out people looking for legendaries and mythicals. I don't remember if that feature existed in previous gens but it's a godsend now.
Imagine how bad Pokebank will make this. All the new starters and legends will probably clog the system even worse, with everyone under the sun asking for a Charizard.

I hope the GTS in Sun and Moon can link directly to your Pokebank so you'll have a large amount of Pokes on hand to trade. If not, that'll be another annoying thing...

There is no limit for those idiots. They think all the players are noobs (like themselves) and they simply say: Oh, this is a Charizard egg. EVERYONE KNOWS ITS MAGIKARP.
This guy tried to scam me on Wondertrade when he just gave me a pikipek. Fortunately I gave him yungoos.

Something I dislike in the Pokebank is the "Asks Pokemon you have" filter.

It only filters for the offers page you are in, not the entire list. It can say that there is no offer that matches the filters but you then scroll to have more offers loaded and voila, there is an offer for something you do have.

True... The scammers are real noobs.
My friends told me there was a secret NPC who gave you an egg
There's often been at least one NPC in each game since G/S/C that gives you a "mystery egg" to hatch, but they're hardly secret, (usually at the day-care/nursery itself) nor is what the egg will hatch into.

Also, keep in mind the whole thing about Wonder Trade is that it's all random. You don't know who you're trading with or what they're trading.

But the mystery egg does leave me with something that bugs me: the steps needed to hatch it in particular. Usually the mystery egg hatches into a Pokemon with an average number of egg steps normally, but for whatever reason the mystery egg itself requires a stupidly high number of steps to hatch. Why? What kid is going to wander around with an egg in their party for this long waiting for it to hatch? And it's not like the game even hints that carrying a Pokemon with either Flame Body or Magma Armor will help eggs hatch more quickly...

Well, it still doesn't make logical sense for genderless Pokemon to breed with Ditto (their inability to reproduce doesn't change because there's a Ditto around).

Genderless Pokemon can breed with Ditto, though Manaphy and Phione are the only legendary/mythical Pokemon to breed in the games. (and the result is always Phione)
Well, it still doesn't make logical sense for genderless Pokemon to breed with Ditto (their inability to reproduce doesn't change because there's a Ditto around).
I don't see how there can be a Manaphy egg, since it's gender less. Same goes for Phione.
The way i see it, "genderless" Pokemon just have no defineable sex as we as humans can identify. It doesn't mean they can't reproduce (without Ditto), it just means they don't reproduce in captivity (besides with Ditto)

Depends what Pokémon you have out. I generally find that if an opposing Pokémon has no moves that can harm you (say they have only fighting and normal moves while you have a Gengar out) they'll switch out. They also seem to switch out after a few turns if they have moves that you aren't immune to, but barely scratch you.
This is a bit unrelated but I was just reading a page on the Transformers Wiki and I saw a picture that you must have got your avatar from. I was thinking 'hmm, where have I seen this?' then remembered!

Genderless Pokemon can breed with Ditto, though Manaphy and Phione are the only legendary/mythical Pokemon to breed in the games. (and the result is always Phione)
The initial distribution of Manaphy was also via Egg, since that's what you get out of the Ranger side mission.

Urddyxogamerz : There is no NPC who gives you a Charizard egg. Manaphy and Phione were/are both available via Egg. Now please, please start taking literally everyone here's advice and look things up before you post.

The initial distribution of Manaphy was also via Egg, since that's what you get out of the Ranger side mission.

Urddyxogamerz : There is no NPC who gives you a Charizard egg. Manaphy and Phione were/are both available via Egg. Now please, please start taking literally everyone here's advice and look things up before you post.
He did look it up, the post was phrased I a manner which suggested she didn't believe what his friends said

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
I can't be the only who dislikes the new Experience Share. For me, it makes the game unbalanced, with me only focusing on one Pokemon because my others are already on par with the one I'm using. To get into more detail, I guess I'm just very anal about things like that. Ever since I started playing in Soul Silver, I always kept my part organized. Lowest to highest level, and if a Pokemon had the same level as another, (which is most of my party), they would get organized by HP. And what about same HP and level? I suppose I wouldn't really care. It might've just come down to which one I liked more. My point is, using the EXP Share isn't enjoyable as it once was, as back in said generation 4, the EXP Share only gave experience to one Pokemon at a time, and it was a hold-able item. Those were simpler times, times where you only ever used it to level up an hatched Pokemon quickly, such as Riolu or Togepi. The idea back then was you still used all of your Pokemon while enjoying the help from the EXP Share. However, now I find myself restricted to 1-3 Pokemon thanks to some of the leveling rates of Pokemon + the fact that it levels up your whole party. All in all, I dislike the new Experience Share highly.

I can't be the only who dislikes the new Experience Share. For me, it makes the game unbalanced, with me only focusing on one Pokemon because my others are already on par with the one I'm using. To get into more detail, I guess I'm just very anal about things like that. Ever since I started playing in Soul Silver, I always kept my part organized. Lowest to highest level, and if a Pokemon had the same level as another, (which is most of my party), they would get organized by HP. And what about same HP and level? I suppose I wouldn't really care. It might've just come down to which one I liked more. My point is, using the EXP Share isn't enjoyable as it once was, as back in said generation 4, the EXP Share only gave experience to one Pokemon at a time, and it was a hold-able item. Those were simpler times, times where you only ever used it to level up an hatched Pokemon quickly, such as Riolu or Togepi. The idea back then was you still used all of your Pokemon while enjoying the help from the EXP Share. However, now I find myself restricted to 1-3 Pokemon thanks to some of the leveling rates of Pokemon + the fact that it levels up your whole party. All in all, I dislike the new Experience Share highly.
Which is why you turn it off from time to time to even out levels (as even with the EXP Share on, levels are going to be uneven as Pokemon that don't battle get half the experience)

If there's something that kind of annoys me now is the lack of good EXP grinding spots, even before post-game.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Which is why you turn it off from time to time to even out levels (as even with the EXP Share on, levels are going to be uneven as Pokemon that don't battle get half the experience)

If there's something that kind of annoys me now is the lack of good EXP grinding spots, even before post-game.
I know you can turn it off, but I don't know I guess it just triggers me.

I find the EXP share annoying for the same reasons, in-game. I love it post-game for leveling up a lot of mons at once, though. It's also nice that you have the ability to use hold items without things getting irritating. I remember a Leafgreen run when I kept alternating things like black glasses out with EXP share and since I am the type to want an even leveled team, I was doing this a lot.

EXP share + lucky egg is a pretty nifty combo, too.

Since I'll soon be getting into "serious" battling in Sun and Moon, I thought it fitting that my character should look a bit more sophisticated. So what does one do when one wants some nice clothes? Go shopping, of course! I went to the clothes shop in the mall in Hau'oli City, and saw several long-sleeved shirts on the rack. I thought to myself, "Ooh! Those shirts look very nice! I may buy one."

I then walked up to the cashier and asked to buy a shirt. She gave me the choice of:
  • White collared short-sleeved shirt
  • White collared short-sleeved shirt with a black stripe
  • White collared short-sleeved shirt with a green stripe
  • White collared short-sleeved shirt with a blue stripe
  • White collared short-sleeved shirt with a light blue stripe
  • White collared short-sleeved shirt with a purple stripe
  • Black collared short-sleeved striped shirt
  • Blue collared short-sleeved striped shirt
  • Green collared short-sleeved striped shirt
  • Purple collared short-sleeved striped shirt
Okay... how about that very dapper grey sports jacket hanging right there on the hook? And that's not even mentioning the several hats on the shelf when the merchant gave me a grand total of zero hats to choose from.

"But, but, who the hell dresses formally in Alola?" Me, that's who! I mean, I dig the T-Shirt and Shorts look IRL, but I see my character in Moon as a fairly sophisticated individual. Think Joe from Battle Revolution but minus the bow tie.

Point is, I don't like being taunted with being shown clothes I can't actually buy.

EDIT: And according to Serebii, there are 33 different tank tops but not a SINGLE long-sleeved shirt if you're playing as a boy.

Last edited:
So as far as I can tell...
Poké Transporter is not in the eshop and can only be downloaded from the menu Pokémon Bank itself. However, when you update Bank and click on the 'download Transporter' option, it does not give you the ability to update it.
If you go into Poké Transporter itself, it will not let you access anything or go online without a Gen 5 game inserted.

This means that if you had downloaded Transporter before the recent update, it is impossible to update it for transfer of Virtual Console RBGY Pokémon without having a copy of Black, White, Black 2 or White 2.

Luckily I still have my copy of White so I was able to update it, and I know this won't be a problem for a lot of people here, but if I'm correct and this IS the case; it's a huge oversight and I really hope they fix it by putting Transporter up directly on the eshop or something. For everything good the Bank update does this is a really big shame.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So as far as I can tell...
Poké Transporter is not in the eshop and can only be downloaded from the menu Pokémon Bank itself. However, when you update Bank and click on the 'download Transporter' option, it does not give you the ability to update it.
If you go into Poké Transporter itself, it will not let you access anything or go online without a Gen 5 game inserted.

This means that if you had downloaded Transporter before the recent update, it is impossible to update it for transfer of Virtual Console RBGY Pokémon without having a copy of Black, White, Black 2 or White 2.

Luckily I still have my copy of White so I was able to update it, and I know this won't be a problem for a lot of people here, but if I'm correct and this IS the case; it's a huge oversight and I really hope they fix it by putting Transporter up directly on the eshop or something. For everything good the Bank update does this is a really big shame.
I can access the Transporter update in the eshop via Settings/Other > Updates

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Because of Hidden Abilities Only for Gen I Transfers, No Guard Fissure Machamp abuse will never be a thing.

*TABLE FLIP*

We get Mewnium Z from Pokebank by using it! Okay, let me store everything in Pokebank so I can restart and... the game forced me to take the Mewnium on the Save File that I was going to delete and Z Crystals are the ONLY Event Exclusive thing that you can't transfer between games.

*TABLE FLIP x2 COMBO*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 9)