(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Dewford has no Poke Mart. Really, guys? You're isolated enough as it is.
But we had to make room for trendy phrases!

I think that's the game designer telling you "you're not suppose to be here for more than an hour. Go into Granite Cave, find Steven, battle Brawley for the Badge, than leave. We just wanted a reason to have stretch of water you needed to cross, come back when you have Surf".

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Snarl, Razor Shell, Air Slash, Sacred Fire and Diamond Storm. Fly, Thunder Fang, Glaciate, and Razor Leaf.
What do all these moves have in common? The accuracy. Yes, they all have 95% accuracy, and they all make you sad when they miss (and they do).
Really, moves like this shouldn't exist; if a Pokémon can reliably punch an opponent, can't it bite it just as well? I'm referring to Fly for ingame purposes, because everyone uses Fly ingame, but they can also really screw up competitive matches. Here's a battle where a Snarl miss on Turn 1 literally cost me the game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-362520434
I mean, seriously? We're not supposed to have to pay attention to the risk associated with less accurate moves with these ones, because they're so close to being fully accurate. We can only hope that these moves will have better accuracy next generation.
DHR-107 Random Passerby Added your suggestions. Sacred Fire literally missed in the last battle I did, but luckily the opponent forfeited after spamming Hydro Pump in Harsh Sunshine for some reason.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I can understand Jump Kick, Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Spacial Rend, V-Create, Diamond Storm, and Steam Eruption being 95% because they're powerful. Others I also understand is Air Slash which has a 30% Flinch, Fury Cutter due to how it works, Drill Run is decently powerful with a Critical Hit increase, and Night Daze ha 40% of lowering Accuracy. But others? I don't see why they needed a nerf. Like their effects would seem overpowered, but there are other moves which do the same effect but have 100% accuracy.

Though you can probably make a whole list of moves who Accuracy seems odd.

I'm just glad Tackle's no longer on that list. 35 BP and 95% accuracy in Gens 1-IV just made me sad because it was such a shit move with such a trolly accuracy. I happened to have LOVED the accuracy and power boost that Gen V gave it.
I used to prefer Pound to Tackle, because of the 10 BP difference. Now I prefer Tackle, because Pound is 10 BP weaker, and is a very decent starting move! On a similar topic, same thing goes for Bubble, which now with the 20 BP increase, is even better than Water Gun, due to the possibility of a Speed drop.

I used to prefer Pound to Tackle, because of the 10 BP difference. Now I prefer Tackle, because Pound is 10 BP weaker, and is a very decent starting move! On a similar topic, same thing goes for Bubble, which now with the 20 BP increase, is even better than Water Gun, due to the possibility of a Speed drop.
And Bubble hits all opponents making more useful than Water Gun

Reactions: JES

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'm just glad Tackle's no longer on that list. 35 BP and 95% accuracy in Gens 1-IV just made me sad because it was such a shit move with such a trolly accuracy. I happened to have LOVED the accuracy and power boost that Gen V gave it.
But Cut still is. Just adding salt to the wound having to teach it to one of your Pokemon (and even if its an HM slave you need to have it taking up a slot in your party, nothing major though with how Exp Share now works that's one less battle Pokemon getting experience), it being low Power, and having no secondary effect.

They did at least switch the two in Gen 6 for Squirtle (he now gets Water Gun before Bubble). So that's nice at least. Kinda sad they moved Uproar up from super low level in XY to pretty high in ORAS.... It was kinda OP having base 90 move at level 5...
Oh god. I remember how great an early Uproar is. I played Omega Ruby with an all-electric team and Rotom learns Uproar at level 8. It was literally making the game easy-mode for me.

Not being able to claim multiple events at the same savefile annoys me T.T always takes 10 to 15 minutes to get to the point where you can actually get those events, to restart yet again if you have more codes left.

Right now, I am at the end of my Team Rocket challenge. All I have left to do is capture Moltres, Zygarde, and Mewtwo. I'm currently trying to get Moltres.
I really, really, REALLY hate this particular brand of wandering legend. The fact that it immediately runs without even letting me try is annoying combined with the lack of a touch screen map (seriously, why is it that only Generation IV got this right?) is making this take forever.

Right now, I am at the end of my Team Rocket challenge. All I have left to do is capture Moltres, Zygarde, and Mewtwo. I'm currently trying to get Moltres.
I really, really, REALLY hate this particular brand of wandering legend. The fact that it immediately runs without even letting me try is annoying combined with the lack of a touch screen map (seriously, why is it that only Generation IV got this right?) is making this take forever.
At least it's not quite as annoying as the other gens... but at the same time it feels really pointless.

At least Moltres had the decency to be caught in one attempt and only 1 Quick Ball and 3 Dusk Balls being thrown (though it took out two of my Pokémon).

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I know this has already been discussed, but I'm trying to DexNav for Mawile in Granite Cave, and it only appears on the bottom floor, which looks specifically designed to screw over anyone trying to DexNav for Mawile. Look at this:

(Couldn't find ORAS map, sorry)
Anyway, it's basically impossible to DexNav in the upper two areas because they're just too small.
It couldn't be found nearby. Try looking in that different spot you just checked 5 seconds ago.
And don't get me started on that bottom part. To start off, there's a Trainer who constantly runs in a 4×4 square, which leads to a lot of
It ran away!
Secondly, the whole place is blocked off by something that looks like a ledge, but actually serves as a 1-block-wide barrier. The only way to pass by it is by going up the stairs on the left side, or by jumping off the right side where it eventually turns into an actual ledge.
This is why the following thing happened to me twice: I used the DexNav on top of the ledge, jumped down from the ledge after it couldn't be found nearby, and as soon as I jumped, a Mawile instantly spawned on the ledge above me, rendering me unable to get to it without
TrollNav said:
There is no reaction. The Pokémon just disappeared, right?
Honestly I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have that 6IV male Sandile in my box...
Also, still hunting for Mirage Spot TMs, specifically Snarl. Mirage Spot appearances are completely skill-based and in no way at all involve the RNG. ...Right?

I know this has already been discussed, but I'm trying to DexNav for Mawile in Granite Cave, and it only appears on the bottom floor, which looks specifically designed to screw over anyone trying to DexNav for Mawile. Look at this:

(Couldn't find ORAS map, sorry)
Anyway, it's basically impossible to DexNav in the upper two areas because they're just too small.

And don't get me started on that bottom part. To start off, there's a Trainer who constantly runs in a 4×4 square, which leads to a lot of

Secondly, the whole place is blocked off by something that looks like a ledge, but actually serves as a 1-block-wide barrier. The only way to pass by it is by going up the stairs on the left side, or by jumping off the right side where it eventually turns into an actual ledge.
This is why the following thing happened to me twice: I used the DexNav on top of the ledge, jumped down from the ledge after it couldn't be found nearby, and as soon as I jumped, a Mawile instantly spawned on the ledge above me, rendering me unable to get to it without

Honestly I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have that 6IV male Sandile in my box...
Also, still hunting for Mirage Spot TMs, specifically Snarl. Mirage Spot appearances are completely skill-based and in no way at all involve the RNG. ...Right?
Believe me, I can attest to how moronic it is...
I do have some good news though; Mawile is also available in the wild in Sky Pillar, where it's much easier to Dexnav for. I'll never forget that because I accidentally got a shiny mawile there lol.

I hate how insanely crippling status moves are from a competitive standpoint, especially paralysis and burn. Completely halving attack and speed is so frustrating and fucks over a Pokemon for the rest of the match. Main reason why scald is ran on every. single. water type. and why every Pokemon and it's mother runs twave if possible.

Maybe make different levels of para/burn kinda like poison with badly burnt reducing your attack by 50% and regular burn reducing by 25%.

URVHSHSHHSNSSBDHSJABS SCREW STATUS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)