(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

I believe that approach is actually kind of counter productive, since having a mega you can't get in your game (since mega stones can't be traded, or did I miss something?) smash your team is much better advertising for your game than just not being able to battle certain opponents in my opinion. Had they patched the new megas in, XY people could have battled them, but could not obtain one.
So a kid with XY plays against a kid with ORAS. The kid with ORAS uses Mega Sceptile, and the kid with XY just looks at it and gets annoyed he can't get it.
Having something used against you that you can't get isn't good advertising. It's unfair and a very big taunt.

Hmm, you think so? Maybe that's just me, but if I was in that position I'd want to use that Mega Sceptile instead. Then again, there's the fact that Pokemon games are expensive and some people just might not readily have the money to shell out for it on a whim like that, so you could be right.

Didn't someone mention that the Latis' Mega Stones were transferable? At least that's something.
Yeah, that's apparently why they were programmed into XY and hence how the dataminers found them.
So GF lets XY users get Latiasite/Latiosite.
... yay...? That seems incredibly random but lolk.

Yeah, that's apparently why they were programmed into XY and hence how the dataminers found them.
So GF lets XY users get Latiasite/Latiosite.
... yay...? That seems incredibly random but lolk.
I take it that they were the only megas planned for ORAS at the time of XY's release.
Edit: Or the idea for ORAS came late into development for XY and they decided to hold off on the Lati's stones. But that is just me.

If I'm allowed to be dangerously speculative, I'd suspect that the Lati@sites were left in XY to give GameFreak the option of whether to distribute Diancie or Lati@s as an event prior to the release of ORAS.
Too bad they didn't end up giving us a Lati@s, their stones or Hoopa/the bottle thingy before ORAS....

(And you're mod, you can do anything) ;)

On another note, am I the only one annoyed the whole Looker-in-ORAS thing?

He washes up, can't remember anything, randomly gives you a random stone and... that's it?

What was the point? :/

(And ugghhh, I'll have to change the OP to include the new Organise Boxes-at-the-top-option)

On another note, am I the only one annoyed the whole Looker-in-ORAS thing?

He washes up, can't remember anything, randomly gives you a random stone and... that's it?

What was the point? :/
It honestly intrigues me more than anything. What is he doing there? How did he lose his memory? This is his first chronological appearance in the series (assuming this takes place before platinum), so was he someone else completely different in a past life? Is Looker more than just a codename, instead just a moniker he takes because he has no identity anymore?
I would have liked to see it expanded more, perhaps in a future game, but for now it's a great source of interest to me.

It honestly intrigues me more than anything. What is he doing there? How did he lose his memory? This is his first chronological appearance in the series (assuming this takes place before platinum), so was he someone else completely different in a past life? Is Looker more than just a codename, instead just a moniker he takes because he has no identity anymore?
I would have liked to see it expanded more, perhaps in a future game, but for now it's a great source of interest to me.
Guess it depends how you felt about him in the previous games.
I for one, could not run from him quickly enough.
So much time spent mashing A to get him to shut up....

Greater mystery is, why would a random person would just take him in....

Something pretty insignificant that still truly annoys me (because it still exists in Gen 6, where it really shouldn't) is that ugly sound your character makes whenever he bumps into something. The sound effects have improved quite a lot over the years, why does it still have to be that ugly sounding thud? Or better yet, why does it make any sound at all?

Something pretty insignificant that still truly annoys me (because it still exists in Gen 6, where it really shouldn't) is that ugly sound your character makes whenever he bumps into something. The sound effects have improved quite a lot over the years, why does it still have to be that ugly sounding thud? Or better yet, why does it make any sound at all?
I kinda like it as an indicator, especially for breeding routes.
I dunno. I'm a weird person.

I wish there's a better way of storing Mega Stones, either their own pocket or allow the Items pocket to organize based on type (e.g. balls, evolution stones, treasures, etc.) We already get something like 50+ distinct Mega Stones so that's 50 slots, and most of us don't use all the Megas.

Maybe I'm just bad at organizing. Shrug.

It does help at times, though not as much as when Flash was much more valuable.

I wish there's a better way of storing Mega Stones, either their own pocket or allow the Items pocket to organize based on type (e.g. balls, evolution stones, treasures, etc.) We already get something like 50+ distinct Mega Stones so that's 50 slots, and most of us don't use all the Megas.

Maybe I'm just bad at organizing. Shrug.
There is a function to sort out items by type. Below the list of items is a circle with two curved arrows. Click it and select "By Type".
Now, I still (mostly) hate the bag system in Gens V and VI. It was near perfect in HeartGold and SoulSilver with the number of pockets it had. And now we have a new category of held item that is already large enough for its own pocket! I will give some credit where credit is due in the Gen VI Bag: having your current team on the side. It makes it easier to handle all items you have on you and makes it easier to handle Pokémon. Hell, just being able to see which of my Pokémon can learn a TM without having to select it like in the old days is amazing.

If they just had the ''free space'' pocket it would be a lot better ^^ i also think the sort by type option is meh (or maybe im the only one who have no idea how the types are stored?) Hopefully we will get a bag of many pockets soon, i could imagine: Pokeballs, Key items, Medical items, berrys, held items, battle items and tm and hms, so that the pockets all had items for the same use.

Basically they should just split the items pocket.

^
Give me my pokeball pocket back dammit.

Talkin about pokeballs... everytime I think about it I get more and more annoyed about the gift legendaries everytime there is an event. I wouldn't mind so much if they were in a regular pokeball, but I abhor the cherish ball with all of my soul. It's ugly as fuck oh god. I know it's better for SR but... ugh. I just wish they would part with that shit already.

Synchronize doesn't work 100% of the time

THEY PUT QUICKSAND ON THE BATTLE RESORT BREEDING ROUTE IN ORAS, LIKE WTF

There isn't a separate pocket in the bag for Mega Stones

No Defog tutor
The sand feels so trolly one step forward then a pinch backwards... And yes defog being missing is quite an annoyance.

The fact that you can't skip cutscenes.

Can't skip the very long end credits video the first time.

Shiny pokemon. Because I never find them.

Natures, EVs and IVs. I'm not going to waste my life away trying to breed the perfect pokemon. I can do something much better with my life. Like get wasted. Because that's always a great idea. :D If you like breeding then good for you. I just personally dislike it.

Master ball. I never use it. Why does it exist? It just sits in my bag doing nothing. I always paralyze my legendarys and throw Ultra balls until they are caught.

There isn't a "master repel" item. That would last 10k steps and would cost around 20k. How about that? At least you can nowdays use repels faster, but it's still annoying.

Battles and other animations take too long to finish. Everytime I go to Pokemon Center the fucker has to show it. I have seen my 6 balls on the table so many times during my 14 year old pokemon career that I'm so sick watching it.

Why do they always nowdays tease a romance. I love romance, but don't tease it! Do something with it.

Why can't the HMs be actual items? Like a surfboard, flashlight and a chainsaw. I need my chainsaw so that I can cut those trees god damnit!

Confusion. Lanturn with Confuse Ray. Goldeen, Zubat and Tentacool with Supersonic. Gloom with Teeter Dance. My god! Enough already!

Static, Effect Spore, Flame Body and Sturdy. I'm just trying to kill you. Don't make it harder.

Arena trap and Shadow tag. I don't want to fight you. I just want to run away!

That's all I can think about right now. The fact that I have played pokemon for 14 years is really starting to show.

Last edited:
Synchronize doesn't work 100% of the time

THEY PUT QUICKSAND ON THE BATTLE RESORT BREEDING ROUTE IN ORAS, LIKE WTF

There isn't a separate pocket in the bag for Mega Stones

No Defog tutor
No Defog tutor was by far my biggest disappointment from ORAS. Like, why would GF buff Defog only to keep it so limited? There are so many options a Defog tutor could open up, like Pranskter Defog (Thundurus, Tornadus), Gale Wings Defog, Poison Heal Gliscor with Defog (I think it'd easily be the best Defogger ever), easier access to Defog Lati@s... it's the sole reason I'm 100% behind Diamond/Pearl remakes, though that seems very far away :(

One other thing that annoys me is that people are able to block their flags in their secret bases. Not sure whether these people are losers or if GF are losers for allowing it to be an option, or both.

The fact that you can't skip cutscenes.

Can't skip the very long end credits video the first time.

Shiny pokemon. Because I never find them.

Natures, EVs and IVs. I'm not going to waste my life away trying to breed the perfect pokemon. I can do something much better with my life. Like get wasted. Because that's always a great idea. :D If you like breeding then good for you. I just personally dislike it.

Master ball. I never use it. Why does it exist? It just sits in my bag doing nothing. I always paralyze my legendarys and throw Ultra balls until they are caught.

There isn't a "master repel" item. That would last 10k steps and would cost around 20k. How about that? At least you can nowdays use repels faster, but it's still annoying.

Battles and other animations take too long to finish. Everytime I go to Pokemon Center the fucker has to show it. I have seen my 6 balls on the table so many times during my 14 year old pokemon career that I'm so sick watching it.

Why do they always nowdays tease a romance. I love romance, but don't tease it! Do something with it.

Why can't the HMs be actual items? Like a surfboard, flashlight and a chainsaw. I need my chainsaw so that I can cut those trees god damnit!

Confusion. Lanturn with Confuse Ray. Goldeen, Zubat and Tentacool with Supersonic. Gloom with Teeter Dance. My god! Enough already!

Static, Effect Spore, Flame Body and Sturdy. I'm just trying to kill you. Don't make it harder.

Arena trap and Shadow tag. I don't want to fight you. I just want to run away!

That's all I can think about right now. The fact that I have played pokemon for 14 years is really starting to show.
Isn't that just more problems you have with Pokémon in general than Gen 6 specifically? The only one I could find that really applies solely to Gen 6 is the romance part.

The fact that Bankballs aren't available, and that certain Pokemon (most starters, fossils, male-only mons, genderless mons) can only be bred in a Pokeball. I want my Heavy Ball Kyurem and great ball shiny Sceptile and Luxury Ball Blaziken and Fast Ball Pikachu and Primier Ball Shiny Metagross (but I cant RNG to save my life so theres that) and etc

Also some mons being unavailable with their HAs. The Ho-Oh in ORAS is 100000% worthless because it has neither regen nor defog. Not to mention Sheer Force Feraligator and Snow Warning Aurorus and Contrary Serperior and damn it their absence is such a letdown!

The fact that Bankballs aren't available, and that certain Pokemon (most starters, fossils, male-only mons, genderless mons) can only be bred in a Pokeball. I want my Heavy Ball Kyurem and great ball shiny Sceptile and Luxury Ball Blaziken and Fast Ball Pikachu and Primier Ball Shiny Metagross (but I cant RNG to save my life so theres that) and etc
Fast Ball Pikachu exists. Want one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)