(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

New day, new hate.

Music changing at the Battle Resort.

Why do I have to speak to that NPC 20 plus times just to hear the Wally theme while I hatch my eggs?

At my secret base, I can choose the number of the song I want. Ditto for the Maison. Both of them.

At the Battle Resort where I spend 99% of my time? No, that would obviously be asking too much.

(Shoots the Super Training music that keeps getting chosen)

New day, new hate.

Music changing at the Battle Resort.

Why do I have to speak to that NPC 20 plus times just to hear the Wally theme while I hatch my eggs?

At my secret base, I can choose the number of the song I want. Ditto for the Maison. Both of them.

At the Battle Resort where I spend 99% of my time? No, that would obviously be asking too much.

(Shoots the Super Training music that keeps getting chosen)
On my case is desesperately talking to dodge wally theme... I honestly can't stand that 45 seconds loop.

I love the super training theme and that's the one I listen to XD.

It annoys me that, to collect all bankball pokemon, I need to go as far back as my Fire Red game to catch em all on my own. I get that they don't want to bloat the new games with all the old safari zone pokemon or whatever, but why the hell are so many bankballs effectively discontinued? Dream world dream balls don't count for the purposes of this thread because that's more of a major annoyance, this is mainly addressed at the fact that obviously the game recognizes sport/safari/apricorn balls but for whatever reason doesn't make them available.

It annoys me that, to collect all bankball pokemon, I need to go as far back as my Fire Red game to catch em all on my own. I get that they don't want to bloat the new games with all the old safari zone pokemon or whatever, but why the hell are so many bankballs effectively discontinued? Dream world dream balls don't count for the purposes of this thread because that's more of a major annoyance, this is mainly addressed at the fact that obviously the game recognizes sport/safari/apricorn balls but for whatever reason doesn't make them available.
to add on, why did they make us need to buy a bank pass every year? it is a hundred and something hk$ and i am not that rich! F*cking nintendo©

I mean, I don't really care about $5 USD a year, especially compared to the ridiculous way you transfer pokemon between gen IV and V (why can't I just skip this game wtf). You get so much value out of it I think complaining is a little bizarre. Even at the price point you quoted (120 HK = ~15 USD) it doesn't seem like a big deal, there are way worse things to spend money on (looking at you, pokemon shuffle).

to add on, why did they make us need to buy a bank pass every year? it is a hundred and something hk$ and i am not that rich! F*cking nintendo©
And here I thought it equated to about $5.00 US/500 Yen... I'm very certain this topic has been discussed before in this thread, but it's a small maintenance fee for something they intend to use for transferring to all future generations of games, and running a cloud server to store all those Pokemon isn't cheap.
On my case is desesperately talking to dodge wally theme... I honestly can't stand that 45 seconds loop.

I love the super training theme and that's the one I listen to XD.
I personally just try to avoid the 'follow me!' music whenever it pops up... I like the Secret Super Training regimen music and Wally's theme, (though it's a little too bad ass for him...) but the 'follow me!' music grinds my gears the wrong way... like Klink's jerky spinning model this generation, or Swellow's wingtips doing... whatever it is they're doing.

Last edited:
Agreed. I've been wanting Apricorn Balls in games outside of Johto for a long time now.

I mean, I don't really care about $5 USD a year, especially compared to the ridiculous way you transfer pokemon between gen IV and V (why can't I just skip this game wtf). You get so much value out of it I think complaining is a little bizarre. Even at the price point you quoted (120 HK = ~15 USD) it doesn't seem like a big deal, there are way worse things to spend money on (looking at you, pokemon shuffle).
To some people $5 is an hour of labor. Others are unemployed. It is understandable if they don't want to spend that on storing Pokemon.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
To some people $5 is an hour of labor. Others are unemployed. It is understandable if they don't want to spend that on storing Pokemon.
All I ask is the ability to use PokeTransporter without needing a Bank account (or have a way I can transfer using two DSs). I've said in the past I think PokeBank is a great service for those who want it, but at the same time I don't like they linked transferring Pokemon over to it.

I really don't se how 5$ a year is can be problematic for anyone who could afford a 3DS and a game, I know some people don't make much money, and some are unemployed, but even then 5$ a year is not bad compared to what you have already spend money on: A 2ds, 3ds, or 3dsxl, a generation 5 + a generation 6 pokemon game or two generation 6 games, you also pay for a working Internet connection in most cases because it is already necessary for bank to work. I Can't imagine a situation where you can't afford paying for bank. If you picked up every cent you find and save them, I'm sure you'll have 5$ at the end of the year.

On the other side if you are too young to make your own money, and your parents refuse to enter their credit card information you still have the option to buy a gift card and store the remaining money on your ID for future use. Nintendo have done everything to make bank obtainable.

All I ask is the ability to use PokeTransporter without needing a Bank account (or have a way I can transfer using two DSs). I've said in the past I think PokeBank is a great service for those who want it, but at the same time I don't like they linked transferring Pokemon over to it.
Honestly, paying 5$ a year for transportation is not bad either. I honestly can't see any reason to be mad at this, transporter is the best way to transport yet and it is less expensive than the BW was, due to the need of two DS systems (until about 20 years, where Pokemon Bank will become more expensive).

Paying 15$ is too much, but it is still affordable. I can understand your concern though.

Maybe a little late on this, but the fact Ferrothorn got the Hidden Ability Anticipation.
Now at first glance I could just group this in with all the other shit HAs that do no benefit the Pokémon in any way like Quick Feet Jolteon, Leaf Guard Meganium, or the infamous Vital Spirit Delibird. But what sets this apart for me is that Ferrothorn has a Hidden Ability and it's pre-evolution doesn't.
This means that if you catch a Ferroseed in the Friend Safari, an incredibly useful resource for getting IVs, you have no idea if it has it's useful ability of Iron Barbs (when it evolves anyway) or it's absolute useless ability of Anticipation until you evolve it. This also means you can't start breeding right away if you get a good IV combination either; you have to check if it has the good ability or not.
It also makes things incredibly excruciating for Hidden Ability collectors such as myself. There was literally no point of doing this and is practically the equivalent of trolling.

Agreed. I've been wanting Apricorn Balls in games outside of Johto for a long time now.
I have to agree there. I'd love to be able to keep some Heavy Balls on hand.

Now, I don't spend time worrying about the balls that my hatchlings are born in. I waste spend enough time on giving them egg moves and flawless IVs.

But for those who this is of importance, I can see how it would make me want to pull my hair out!

At the very least, part of why I love all of the different Balls is because of all of the different designs, some of which are beautifully colored and designed, such as the Moon Ball, and it hurts the game a little IMHO when they take away from this variety.

Maybe a little late on this, but the fact Ferrothorn got the Hidden Ability Anticipation.
Now at first glance I could just group this in with all the other shit HAs that do no benefit the Pokémon in any way like Quick Feet Jolteon, Leaf Guard Meganium, or the infamous Vital Spirit Delibird. But what sets this apart for me is that Ferrothorn has a Hidden Ability and it's pre-evolution doesn't.
This means that if you catch a Ferroseed in the Friend Safari, an incredibly useful resource for getting IVs, you have no idea if it has it's useful ability of Iron Barbs (when it evolves anyway) or it's absolute useless ability of Anticipation until you evolve it. This also means you can't start breeding right away if you get a good IV combination either; you have to check if it has the good ability or not.
It also makes things incredibly excruciating for Hidden Ability collectors such as myself. There was literally no point of doing this and is practically the equivalent of trolling.
I agree on the Ferroseed issue. Either give Ferroseed a Hidden Ability, or give Ferrothorn a useful ability, Game Freak! And I'd like to see something useful for Delibird, like maybe Regenerator.

Last edited:
More like Delibirdite, to be perfectly honest.
It would have to be one helluva Delibirdite for me be willing to give Santa Birdy the Mega Slot. Still, I'd finally have the excuse to actually breed one.

On the other hand, it'd have to be one helluve Mega, because Articuno is way superior to Delibird, and even she is in NU.:P

Friendly reminder that Mawile and Beedrill used to be absolute shite
Yeah, and Arceus knows that Beedrill needed it. And Mawile in a team preview can be a terror inducing sight to behold, because you just know what they're packing, unless it is one of those unusual NU sets that Pimpnite would probably use, or unless you remembered to pack that Ground or Fire type. M-Mawile also hates Metagrosses packing Earthquake and Bullet Punch, so Kachaenk took down many a Mawile that way in the Battle of Hoenn. Funny enough, the two hate the same exact types. Well, except Dark types also really hurt Metagross.

I truly hope not. I wanna see more Eeveelutions, for example.

Friendly reminder that Mawile and Beedrill used to be absolute shite
Still, Delibird needs the equivalent of a Wonka golden ticket just to get out of the absolute scraping the bottom of the barrel position it's in... though we all know the odds of that happening are worse than 3720 to 1. Your examples got nice hidden abilities in gen 5, though obviously those weren't nearly enough to make them not shit, while Delibird... got one that does the exact same thing as one of its normal abilities.

Still, Delibird needs the equivalent of a Wonka golden ticket just to get out of the absolute scraping the bottom of the barrel position it's in... though we all know the odds of that happening are worse than 3720 to 1. Your examples got nice hidden abilities in gen 5, though obviously those weren't nearly enough to make them not shit, while Delibird... got one that does the exact same thing as one of its normal abilities.
Hell, it technically got less since the earlier ability, Vital Spirit, does something in the overworld while its Hidden Ability, Insomnia, does not.

Something that really annoys me is that you can't transfer items between 6th generation games using the Pokébank. It kind of makes sense with the new megas only available in ORAS, but they could have easily made every non-megastone item be transferable.

Something that really annoys me is that you can't transfer items between 6th generation games using the Pokébank. It kind of makes sense with the new megas only available in ORAS, but they could have easily made every non-megastone item be transferable.
This was a problem before the release of ORAS. In fact, you can put Pokémon with ORAS moves (Dragon Ascent, Origin Pulse, Precipice Blades) into PokéBank, but you can't withdraw them into X or Y.

It's stupid, but it doesn't annoy me that much since they make it clear all hold items return to the currently used game's bag (or disappear if the bag is full) when banked. I'm sure they have some reason not to, I mean that extra bit of data on up to 3000 Pokemon with each one potentially different for thousands if not millions of players... could really add up. I don't know, and that's the only guess I'm giving.

It's stupid, but it doesn't annoy me that much since they make it clear all hold items return to the currently used game's bag (or disappear if the bag is full) when banked. I'm sure they have some reason not to, I mean that extra bit of data on up to 3000 Pokemon with each one potentially different for thousands if not millions of players... could really add up. I don't know, and that's the only guess I'm giving.
They should add something to transfer items. Like a box where you can put a total of 30 items (counting duplicates). That would help out a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)