(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I hate the bag design. I wish that there was a seperate section just for pokeballs.
How to improve bag:
Poké Ball section, Mega Stone section and Free Space section. Done.
I sort of liked how they did it in HGSS and B2W2. Here's how I would separate them:

Basic (where everything else not in a category goes)
Pokeballs
Medicine/Vitamins
TMs/HMs
Mega Stones
Berries
Mail
In-Battle
Key items
Free Space (where you can put items if you choose to do so)

Actually, I would get rid of a bag or Mail and In-Battle items and make them into two more Free Space. I'd also let you be able to name your Free Space bags.

I sort of get what they're trying to go for with the bag, trying to make it "realistic" by showing you where everything is stored in your bag thus you only have so much room... except it's not if you look at and/or how many of the items you're carrying. I mean in B2W2 this is what the bag sprites looked like:

And remember, the big bag isn't just carrying all that stuff, it's carrying all that stuff PLUS extra items you have lying around it. Also I have a hard time seeing you carry a certain items without it taking up a lot of space. Fossils, I always imagines the Electrizer and Magmarizer being the size of a portable engine generator, Incense must take a lot of room, the Exp. Share doesn't look space efficient, some berries are massive like the Kelpsy (and Watmels are said to be able to grow as big as 20 inches), Poke Doll looks like the size of a normal teddy bear, Timespace Orbs, and should I even go into the decorations and accessories?

Sorry GaemFreak, you're not convincing me that ALL this stuff is actually in a little bag I'm carrying. I always imagined the bag sort of using the same technology that the Pokeballs use to store a Pokemon. You're not physically carrying these things but rather there's stuff in your bag which turns these items into energy and data that is stored away in the bag.

I sort of liked how they did it in HGSS and B2W2. Here's how I would separate them:

Basic (where everything else not in a category goes)
Pokeballs
Medicine/Vitamins
TMs/HMs
Mega Stones
Berries
Mail
In-Battle
Key items
Free Space (where you can put items if you choose to do so)

Actually, I would get rid of a bag or Mail and In-Battle items and make them into two more Free Space. I'd also let you be able to name your Free Space bags.

I sort of get what they're trying to go for with the bag, trying to make it "realistic" by showing you where everything is stored in your bag thus you only have so much room... except it's not if you look at and/or how many of the items you're carrying. I mean in B2W2 this is what the bag sprites looked like:

And remember, the big bag isn't just carrying all that stuff, it's carrying all that stuff PLUS extra items you have lying around it. Also I have a hard time seeing you carry a certain items without it taking up a lot of space. Fossils, I always imagines the Electrizer and Magmarizer being the size of a portable engine generator, Incense must take a lot of room, the Exp. Share doesn't look space efficient, some berries are massive like the Kelpsy (and Watmels are said to be able to grow as big as 20 inches), Poke Doll looks like the size of a normal teddy bear, Timespace Orbs, and should I even go into the decorations and accessories?

Sorry GaemFreak, you're not convincing me that ALL this stuff is actually in a little bag I'm carrying. I always imagined the bag sort of using the same technology that the Pokeballs use to store a Pokemon. You're not physically carrying these things but rather there's stuff in your bag which turns these items into energy and data that is stored away in the bag.
Yeah, I stated way early in this thread that the BW2 Bag System was far superior to the one in XY, everything was much better organized and you could still sort by name if you really wanted to. And then you also had the Free Space bag which was brilliant.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Yeah, I stated way early in this thread that the BW2 Bag System was far superior to the one in XY, everything was much better organized and you could still sort by name if you really wanted to. And then you also had the Free Space bag which was brilliant.
Yeah, the way they did the sorting too was good. Wonder why they didn't keep it like that.

I'd like to talk about something that really annoys me in XY: the Berry Fields. Just the fact that it takes so long to plant a full crop of berries, and that you have to keep remembering to check on them to pull out weeds, water them, etc. And then the tune that plays when you harvest them is nice once, but eventually you just feel like "dear Arceus just let me pick my berries already".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I'd like to talk about something that really annoys me in XY: the Berry Fields. Just the fact that it takes so long to plant a full crop of berries, and that you have to keep remembering to check on them to pull out weeds, water them, etc. And then the tune that plays when you harvest them is nice once, but eventually you just feel like "dear Arceus just let me pick my berries already".
Yeah, that was annoying. Picking weeds in Animal Crossing is one of the most hated things in that game, why did you bring it over to Pokemon?

Honestly I kind of wished they let you pay the guy and girl who lived there to take care of the Berries if you don't come there that day. They'll pick less than normal and you'll have to come back to plant new ones, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about forgetting to pull our weeds, watering, and picking them late.

And finally, they can keep the tune, but don't pause the game for it. Make it short and let me keep planting/watering/weeding/picking.

I wish I didn't have to mash A through all that dialogue each time to reset for a good Diancie.
It's kind of touching the first time. After... 20 or so resets, it's just annoying. I really, really hope we don't have to go through this song and dance for Hoopa, Volcanion, or any other event legendary Pokemon...

It's kind of touching the first time. After... 20 or so resets, it's just annoying. I really, really hope we don't have to go through this song and dance for Hoopa, Volcanion, or any other event legendary Pokemon...
...you found it cute the 1st time?

Which part: when your new pokemon was nearly taken from you or when the old rich dude said he'd keep on making his staff look for a frigging living diamond?

I just wanted to scream "get your own damn code" at the servants slaves.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

Which part: when your new pokemon was nearly taken from you or when the old rich dude said he'd keep on making his staff look for a frigging living diamond?

Though the old guy can't have my Diancie, I wouldn't be against visiting him with Diancie. I was thinking this would open up something in ORAS, like the old guy would mention he's from Hoenn and if we or Diancie is ever in that region to come visit him and he'll give it something (thus how we get the Diancite). But no, no mention of ORAS, making the cutscene have no point.

Of course Diancie isn't the only Pokemon that has this problem. A few times we never got to check the Starter stats before being forced to go through some dialogue and when we caught Yveltal/Xerneas in XY we're forced to playthrough the end of the Team Flare story without a break. GameFreak, I know you want us to get on with the story, but some people actually want to check the Pokemon they have before moving on.

Maybe it's just me, then, that doesn't feel immediately bitter towards the whole thing. But if we have to go through this for Hoopa and Volcanion, Arceus help me...

Now that I spent about 2 afternoons soft resetting for said Diancie I really wish I could've named the thing but eh.
(In case anyone's wondering: Hasty HP: 26 Att: 31 Def: 31 SpA: 31 SpD: 31 Speed: 26)

I like the more pixelated 2D style than the new 3D one but that wouldnt make sense in terms of advancing technology. Besides that I thought gen 6 was amazing.

3. Withdraw/Deposit is STILL above Organise Boxes in the PC options
  • Be honest, when was the last you willingly wanted to Withdraw a pokemon? For me this was in Crystal. Yup, Gen 2, when it forced you to save every time you wanted to change box/move pokemon between boxes. And yet, as of Gen 6, I am still forced to waste 2 seconds scroll down to Organise Boxes.
I just changed the organise boxes option to the top in my Alpha Sapphire game and remembered this post. Guess you can take this off your list now. :D

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I just changed the organise boxes option to the top in my Alpha Sapphire game and remembered this post. Guess you can take this off your list now. :D
Actually no, it just changes to thus:

3. If GameFreak knows that it would be more efficient to have the "Organize Boxes" option at the top, why do we have to talk with Lanette first to do it? Why isn't it that way by default? Maybe when we talk with Lanette you could have instead given us the option to organize the option in any order we'd like (would rather have "Organize Itmes" as my second choice).

Actually no, it just changes to thus:

3. If GameFreak knows that it would be more efficient to have the "Organize Boxes" option at the top, why do we have to talk with Lanette first to do it? Why isn't it that way by default? Maybe when we talk with Lanette you could have instead given us the option to organize the option in any order we'd like (would rather have "Organize Itmes" as my second choice).
Guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy.

Honestly, I've gotten so used to having it on the third slot that having it moved to the top makes me always click the wrong one anyway. Stupid muscle memory :P
Lol that happened to me too at first, but now I just spam A :P

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Honestly, I've gotten so used to having it on the third slot that having it moved to the top makes me always click the wrong one anyway. Stupid muscle memory :P
Yeah, that too. For some reason I haven't gotten used to it even though I'm constantly switching out for my Sharpedo.

Guess you're a glass half empty kind of guy.
Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have and they should keep it... but make it default.

As a Brit, I don't have access to ORAS yet. Tell me -- have they made it easier to find a 6v6 battle? Or is battle spot still 3v3 only?

As a Brit, I don't have access to ORAS yet. Tell me -- have they made it easier to find a 6v6 battle? Or is battle spot still 3v3 only?
Exact same system as XY; I don't think changing that sort of thing mid-gen is even possible without cutting off connection with previous games in the gen.

I kind of like the system for finding 6v6 battles. When you invest that much time into finding an opponent, people are a lot less likely to DC or forfeit than they are on Showdown. It makes the quality of the matches better because it takes time to find match. And the fact that 3v3 take way less time makes it a better option for Nintendo to make for its official Competitive scene. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I kind of like the system for finding 6v6 battles. When you invest that much time into finding an opponent, people are a lot less likely to DC or forfeit than they are on Showdown. It makes the quality of the matches better because it takes time to find match. And the fact that 3v3 take way less time makes it a better option for Nintendo to make for its official Competitive scene. Just my thoughts on the matter.
VGC Doubles is already the official format, with Battle Spot being a secondary focus due to lack of tournaments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)