(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Exact same system as XY; I don't think changing that sort of thing mid-gen is even possible without cutting off connection with previous games in the gen.
Not necessarily. Since there is a separate one for ORAS stuff, they could've make a 6v6 Singles Spot for ORAS players. They didn't (seriously, GF, have you ever considered people who want 6v6 battles without Item Clause?).

My perception from several thousand battles in XY is that waaaaay more people (that are not Japanese) want unrestricted 6v6 than want battle spot 3v3. And yet it can take me 20 or 30 minutes to actually find a battle, because I don't know if a passerby is already occupied or not. I don't call that fun, regardless of the quality of the ensuing battle.

And half of the opponents DC when their loss becomes inevitable in any case. (Have some respect, people!). So that's no argument, frankly.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not necessarily. Since there is a separate one for ORAS stuff, they could've make a 6v6 Singles Spot for ORAS players. They didn't (seriously, GF, have you ever considered people who want 6v6 battles without Item Clause?).
6v6 Battle without Item Clause allows Stall to exist, and I have always been under the impression that GF hated Stall. There's also the fact that PS streamlines the battle animations, so an in-game 6v6 match would take significantly longer than a simulated 6v6 one that took the same amount of turns, regardless of Stall usage. And lord help you if it's Stall vs. Stall.

Last edited:
Who cares how long it takes if that's what we want? It's restricted to 60 minutes anyway.

IME a match typically takes about 20 mins, but I've had my share of 60 minute time-outs.

6v6 Battle without Item Clause allows Stall to exist, and I have always been under the impression that GF hated Stall. There's also the fact that PS streamlines the battle animations, so an in-game 6v6 match would take significantly longer than a simulated 6v6 one that took the same amount of turns, regardless of Stall usage. And lord help you if it's Stall vs. Stall.
If that's what they want to do in official VGC, fine. But sometimes, I want a nice random battle and I want to use my actual team (which admitting is a bit stall-ish, though the only duplicate item is Assault Vest).

Karxrida

If that's what they want to do in official VGC, fine. But sometimes, I want a nice random battle and I want to use my actual team (which admitting is a bit stall-ish, though the only duplicate item is Assault Vest).
Don't get me wrong, I want 6v6 randoms too, it's just that you should be prepared to sit down for a while and make sure your internet connection is solid.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Really, it just bugs me how much GF is pushing the 3v3 format; even in Secret Bases, where you're just fighiting against an AI, there's no option to make it a six-on-six battle.
Isn't there someone in the Battle Resort who'll let you use up to 6 Pokemon in your Secret Base? I thought that what the upgrade I was given meant.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I was pretty chill about the sensor before, but I just discovered how much it sucks. In my secret base, I can't make my encouraging message, "Go nuts..." but I make make it, "Suck my balls!" I wish I was kidding.

Karxrida

Isn't there someone in the Battle Resort who'll let you use up to 6 Pokemon in your Secret Base? I thought that what the upgrade I was given meant.
You're thinking of the thing that removes the level editor/adjuster/whatever and lets you fight Level 100s regardless of your team's level.

I was pretty chill about the sensor before, but I just discovered how much it sucks. In my secret base, I can't make my encouraging message, "Go nuts..." but I make make it, "Suck my balls!" I wish I was kidding.
You mean censor? These games are meant to be kid-friendly, so of course they're going to censor stuff.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
You mean censor? These games are meant to be kid-friendly, so of course they're going to censor stuff.
I suck at spelling and rely on spell check... I understand why there's a censor and have no problem with there being one, but it just baffles me that "nuts" isn't allowed, but "balls" is.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
It IS pretty ridiculous how perfectly normal names(Violet/Viola) get caught in the censor crossfire cause they mean different things in different languages. (Viol being french for rape)
It was ridiculous as soon as an unnamed Cofagrigus couldn't be put up for trade (I know this had been fixed, but still).

Oh, and that still doesn't stop people from being rude. I got a Minun who's name is Fugg Lord from the GTS.

It was ridiculous as soon as an unnamed Cofagrigus couldn't be put up for trade (I know this had been fixed, but still).

Oh, and that still doesn't stop people from being rude. I got a Minun who's name is Fugg Lord from the GTS.
I know. It's easy to get around if you are clever (I named a Metapod "Johnson").
And I think we all have a story where the censor screwed us over. I really wanted to name my Scolipede "Arsenic" (all my Poison team Pokémon are named after various poisons), but it wouldn't let me. I was confused until I realized that it has "Arse" in it. In the end, I named it "Aconite".

Just... the censor at all. Too many false positives/negatives, and those who want to make the names rude can do it anyway. Someone doing a Wonderlocke couldn't name a mon "Thumper", but could name one "*69".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Just... the censor at all. Too many false positives/negatives, and those who want to make the names rude can do it anyway. Someone doing a Wonderlocke couldn't name a mon "Thumper", but could name one "*69".
Funny thing about Thumper, can't name a Pokemon that but one of the in-game trades is a Steelix named Thumper.

Also, in ORAS, there's a Skitty named "Skitit" which I'm pretty sure the game won't let you name a Pokemon (though I haven't tried).

Personally, instead of telling us what we can't name a Pokemon, I think if they have a problem with a Pokemon's name they should just have the name of the Pokemon default to the species name when viewed by someone online. Like if its traded the nickname is completely rewritten, if your battling someone for that battle the name is changed to the species name, etc.. That way we can name the Pokemon anything we want and little kids playing online won't see anything naughty.

What annoys me in 6th gen?

NO NAKED GRANNIES!

Also I can't seem to type in weedle in the gts search system probably because of weed.

Last edited:
Oh god the censor dreadful. Specially when it lets you write quite bad things in your language but won't let you put something if it so much as contains an insult in English. Good grief...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
A (little) thing that annoys me in Gen. III, more specifically RSE: The Pokémon available to you throughout the first half of your adventure are decidedly mediocre. Okay, the starters are good, Taillow -> Swellow can be decent, and Geodude has some good matchups, but otherwise the selection is overwhelmed by a sorry lot of crapmons that either need massive amounts of babying to be good, or flat out never will be good (Wingull, Volbeat, Plusle, Gulpin, Wurmple...). For the first three gyms or so, you can either catch the 3-4 good Pokémon there is, fill your team with cannon fodder, or keep an undersized party to be filled out at a much later point.

What annoys me in Gen. VI, is that ORAS does very little to mitigate this. The Pokémon available are still a solid presentation of the bottom of the barrel, plus a tiny handful of mid- to high-tier Pokémon. It would have cost so little to add a 'mon extra here or there to the route selection, but GameFreak apparently decided to stay true to the originals, which performed very weakly in this department.

Oh well. Off to catch a... Roselia, I guess. At least that one gained a later-game evolution since Gen. III.

What really annoy the hell out of me is the fact that GF did not patch XY to fit the new mega evolutions. It really makes me mad that if i want to battle my friend who do not own or have completet the new games, i have to do restricted battles and trades.

I know that they tecnically never pathed up a game before, but this is defferent as patches are not only possible but also a huge part of modern gaming, why cant pokemon follow that? I mean, they patched it to allow restricted battles against ORAS, why not just program the megas in? I know this is some way to force people to buy the new games, i just think it is a bad way to do it.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It is, as I guessed prior to ORAS' release, so that ORAS will have exclusive content XY does not. If players want to play with the new content, they have to fork out for a new game. It's a little cynical, but it appears to be working. Releasing the same content for XY would diminish ORAS' exclusivity somewhat. Expect to see it all over again when the inevitable Kalos revisit game(s) come(s) out. Then we'll have people complaining that they can't use Zygarde's new formes in ORAS, for instance.

Assuming that the Battle Frontier isn't released as DLC, that is (which I... doubt? Hope for? No idea here). If that happens, it might be that new Formes and Megas are put into the game at the same time, so you can use the same teams in the ORAS frontier as in the X2Y2 one. At any rate, I wouldn't expect ORAS to get a Frontier if X2Y2 does not.

I believe that approach is actually kind of counter productive, since having a mega you can't get in your game (since mega stones can't be traded, or did I miss something?) smash your team is much better advertising for your game than just not being able to battle certain opponents in my opinion. Had they patched the new megas in, XY people could have battled them, but could not obtain one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)