(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

I think Sinnoh was the worst offender here, honestly:
- It had a rainy swamp area with overworld rain.
- It had a large, frozen tundra with overworld hail.
- It had a desert with howling winds and overworld sandstorm.
- There were several foggy mountain passes with overworld fog.
- It also had a sunny beachfront, and a city powered entirely by solar panels, with overworld... nothing.

Kalos is almost as bad, it has all of the above apart from the fog, and I think it's getting somewhat annoying now. In the recent ORAS trailer, it's suggested that the Drought sun is a little more than ordinary nice weather (it looks like the sky is on fire, basically), but I really think there should have been a sunny area or two by now. Sun has been seen as a counterpart to Rain ever since Gen. III, but there has been over a dozen rainy routes so far, and zero sunny ones. Why not, once, make a desert with harsh sun instead of a sandstorm?
How about a sandy desert where it alternates between Sun and Sandstorm?

Or a rocky desert without sand where no sandstorms could take place. Even if they wanted to.

BW2. You need three pokemon to battle the rotation or triples trainer in Drayden's gym. Of course, you can just catch wild whatever and train it, but that is still more than your starter.

Also, there are several such side-games.
On that side: you also need someone to learn all the necessary HM moves. But I think you get the point.

Another difficulty setting like in B2W2 would be nice (increasing trainer levels by 1 to 20) - and it should be standard for all games coming up...

On that side: you also need someone to learn all the necessary HM moves. But I think you get the point.

Another difficulty setting like in B2W2 would be nice (increasing trainer levels by 1 to 20) - and it should be standard for all games coming up...
Awww, but it's fun beating the second gym with a fully evolved lvl 50 team! ):

What I really hate about gen 6 is that ice and paychic are still 2 of the most horrible types in the game. Why could not they make ice resistant to water and flying? Why could not they make paychic resistant and SE against fairy? The type chart just baffles me.
Also, I was hoping that gen 6 would be the gen to finally delete the move SE all together. Or u know...at least nerf it.

Last edited:
What I really hate about gen 6 is that ice and paychic are still 2 of the most horrible types in the game. Why could not they make ice resistant to water and flying? Why could not they make paychic resistant and SE against fairy? The type chart just baffles me.
Also, I was hoping that gen 6 would be the gen to finally delete the move SE all together. Or u know...at least nerf it.
I think the designers are still in the Gen I limbo where Psychic was imba as f*ck.

Alakazam was so strong I thought Psychic was effective vs. Rock as well because it shred through things like Golem and everything without high Special (which used to be defense back in those days).

I'm sure they think that if they give Psychic one more advantage we'll return to the good old days where Alakazam rocked like Mewtwo in OU.

Btw. sometimes it's the Mons+Moves and not the Type Chart that makes certain Types imba: imagine all Dragon Types not being pseudo-legendarys but having stats and moves like Bug-Pokémon. Everybody would want to see Dragon SE vs. Water, Fire, Grass and Electric all together to finally make it an offensive choice.

Although I never played B2W2, I really, really like the idea. They also kinda implemeted that in the 6. Gen with the EXP. Share, if I think about it. If you turn it on it gets easier and if you decide to turn it off, the difficulty increases. It would be nice to alter the trainers levels and stuff, though o:

I think the designers are still in the Gen I limbo where Psychic was imba as f*ck.

Alakazam was so strong I thought Psychic was effective vs. Rock as well because it shred through things like Golem and everything without high Special (which used to be defense back in those days).

I'm sure they think that if they give Psychic one more advantage we'll return to the good old days where Alakazam rocked like Mewtwo in OU.

Btw. sometimes it's the Mons+Moves and not the Type Chart that makes certain Types imba: imagine all Dragon Types not being pseudo-legendarys but having stats and moves like Bug-Pokémon. Everybody would want to see Dragon SE vs. Water, Fire, Grass and Electric all together to finally make it an offensive choice.
Yeah, but the games have gone through a lot since gen 1. They have got to realize that psychic is now merely a secondary type. They even had in mind that psychic should be resistant to fairy at some point and they changed that. Psychic needs some help on the offensive and on the defensive side. And ice really begs for resistances. All that ofensive potential is wasted.
Yeah, I agree. Sadly, they keep making pseudo legends dragons and they keep making tanky ice types ( wtf?) they have to realize that ice types ( given the current thpes matchups) should only be built as glass canons. Avalugg is somewhere weaping in PU.

Although I never played B2W2, I really, really like the idea. They also kinda implemeted that in the 6. Gen with the EXP. Share, if I think about it. If you turn it on it gets easier and if you decide to turn it off, the difficulty increases. It would be nice to alter the trainers levels and stuff, though o:
It's more like Easy Mode and Normal Mode. XY is not difficult in the slightest.

The second gym came quite late actually, it's like 5+ towns in. Did I mention I also got a salamance as well?
Have you been playing it like Twitch Plays Pokémon does (assuming you're not joking, which you are)? Five towns take roughly no time to go through, and there is hardly any mandatory leveling up considering that wild Pokémon can be fled from and trainers that change the way they're facing/only cover part of a path can be avoided. Seriously, I often get outleveled by the wild Pokémon.

I often get outleveled by the wild Pokémon.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I grinded like crazy before I entered the glow cave, and I also got horde battles decently often, but with exp share all it didn't take me that much time to go and get to lvl 50 only like a day or two, and then I swept the entire game no problem, lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I grinded like crazy before I entered the glow cave, and I also got horde battles decently often, but with exp share all it didn't take me that much time to go and get to lvl 50 only like a day or two, and then I swept the entire game no problem, lol.
After reading this I can only say one thing.
Holy shit nigga.

DeBlois

Banned deucer.
EV/IV training taking forever, even with a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party to hatch eggs quicker.

1st you have to wait for the Pokemon in the daycare to have an egg.
Then you have to walk what feels like a million steps to hatch it.
Then you have to do that 5 times to increase your chances for good IV's.
Make sure their Ability is the correct one!
If you want egg moves, have to make sure the Pokemon has them too!

After that you fly to the guy who talks about your IV's, just to find out your IV's aren't what you wanted.
AND repeat...

I'm not even including how long it takes to get ditto's with the IV's you want!
And train it to level 100! After you've got the right EV's of course. Ty facing 5 Mons in one battle that made this a little quicker..

Well, this is REALLY minor, and I'm sure some people will disagree, but the fact that the trainer's animation before a mega evolution(making a pose, touching bracelet, etc.) appears only once every time we load our game annoys me. I wish it could appear every time a mega evolution happens, and there could be some sort of option to turn it on or off.

Last edited:
Well, this is REALLY minor, and I'm sure some people will disagree, but the fact that the trainer's animation before a mega evolution(making a pose, touching bracelet, etc.) appears only once every time we load our game annoys me. I wish it could appaer every time a mega evolution, and there could be some sort of option to trun it in or off.
Hm, I'm actually going to have to agree with this. That, or just don't have it at all since none of the NPC's that have a Mega Evolution in their team have one and the inconsistency is weird and annoying. I can't even recall if this even happens in a link battle, to be honest.

EV/IV training taking forever, even with a Pokemon with Flame Body in your party to hatch eggs quicker.

1st you have to wait for the Pokemon in the daycare to have an egg.
Then you have to walk what feels like a million steps to hatch it.
Then you have to do that 5 times to increase your chances for good IV's.
Make sure their Ability is the correct one!
If you want egg moves, have to make sure the Pokemon has them too!

After that you fly to the guy who talks about your IV's, just to find out your IV's aren't what you wanted.
AND repeat...

I'm not even including how long it takes to get ditto's with the IV's you want!
And train it to level 100! After you've got the right EV's of course. Ty facing 5 Mons in one battle that made this a little quicker..
Nah man, it takes an hour to get the right egg, usually even less. The destiny knot is a godsend by gamefreak. Ev training is even easier, send me a pm and i can do some pokes for you, it takes 10 mins to fully ev train a Poke if you can set up right with Pokerus, exp. share, and power items.

I really hate how they're STILL treating hidden abilities like they're the most amazing/valuable thing in the world. Yes those abilities are pretty cool but it wouldn't have broken the game if say, the ability capsule changed regular abilities into hidden abilities. When will contrary serperior see the light of the day?

I really hate how they're STILL treating hidden abilities like they're the most amazing/valuable thing in the world. Yes those abilities are pretty cool but it wouldn't have broken the game if say, the ability capsule changed regular abilities into hidden abilities. When will contrary serperior see the light of the day?
Personally, I'm waiting for Flash Fire Typhlosion.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Although I have never actually played X/Y one thing that really bothers me is that an immunity to dragon was introduced while dragon is still only SE against itself. This is annoying because gf doesn't seem to understand that the reason why dragon moves were good was because they did neutral damage to everything except steel. I mean dragon moves are still useful of course but they aren't nearly as good as they used to be and even choosing to use one can risk giving a free turn to the opponent. It's not so much the nerf in itself bothers me, but rather that a conscious decision to considerably nerf dragon types would ever be taken by gf. They were always treated by the games to be super elite, hard to get, and of course powerful and thus as a kid dragon types were one of the coolest; kinda lame that gf wanted to undo this.

Although I have never actually played X/Y one thing that really bothers me is that an immunity to dragon was introduced while dragon is still only SE against itself. This is annoying because gf doesn't seem to understand that the reason why dragon moves were good was because they did neutral damage to everything except steel. I mean dragon moves are still useful of course but they aren't nearly as good as they used to be and even choosing to use one can risk giving a free turn to the opponent. It's not so much the nerf in itself bothers me, but rather that a conscious decision to considerably nerf dragon types would ever be taken by gf. They were always treated by the games to be super elite, hard to get, and of course powerful and thus as a kid dragon types were one of the coolest; kinda lame that gf wanted to undo this.
You forgot to mention that dragon has a bunch of resistances. Fire, water, electricity, grass - there may be more, but I don't really use/know dragons. All, sans grass, are pretty common attacking types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)