ORAS OU Littlelucario's RMT Hub

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hey guy, cool team :]
I don't see many ways to improve it, but perhaps you can try Ancient Power over Roost on Zardy in order to OHKO opposite Charizard, who can just 6-0 your team (he will had to stay because usually zardy bulky offense have nothing to check zardy ._.)
You can also put 0 ivs speed on Ferrothorn to make Gyroball more powerful.
Hope i helped :]

An hp fire mega sceptile for some reason, is more common that hp rock sceptile (the one I run). See with this set

M-Sceptile @Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Evs: 252 spAtk/ 252 spe/ 4 Hp
Timid
-Focus Blast
-Energy Ball/Giga Drain
-Hp Rock
-Dragon Pulse

It becomes a nightmare to Charizard, Lucario, Excadrill, Hippowdon, and Slowbro. With Hp fire you're correct about charizard being your only safe switch. I could suggest using mamoswine over hippowdon and changing excadrill to mold breaker for rotom wash. Mamoswine gets Ice shard and SR so you have some more coverage over serperior and the other grass types.

Hey littlelucario, nice team.

The first thing I noticed was that you don't have a very reliable spinner, and you have a 4* weakness to rocks in zard. Life orb on excadrill is definitely not the best item considering how important spinning is. You might want to use something like balloon or lefties instead to give it more survivability, but I actually think av excadrill would be best in this instance. Considering how popular hp fire/focus blast from fairies, psychics, and dragons are, it would be good to have a backup switchin in case ferrothorn can't beat what it needs to. This goes for lati@s especially considering they beat nearly all of your team with an hp fire set. This would also give you something to stand up to sceptile and serp if needed.

As for the metagross weakness, I haven't seen any gk variants lately, but if it is that much of a problem, you can run more spdef on slowbro. Just 52 evs are enough to avoid the 2hko, but you could run a bit more if you want to take it more comfortably. 104 evs could be used to avoid the 2hko after sand or rocks damage if you're that worried about it. This additional investment also helps out with keldeo, allowing you to take 2 specs hydro pumps after rocks and sand damage better. 80 evs would allow you to take this with a 100% chance, so that's another spread to consider if keldeo is a problem. On all of these sets, you should of course run max hp and the rest in defense.

For the cm slowbro problem, all you have to do is use a modest nature on zard. This only has a chance to miss out on a 2hko on a near max spdef variant of slowbro at +1. It also takes on other zardy's more reliably, as it has a near perfect chance to ohko with ancient power. If you do run a modest nature, it would be best to run flamethrower over fire blast for more consistency.

Anyway, thats all my input on the team. It was pretty good from the start, so there weren't any major changes to be made. I too am a lucario lover and am happy it's getting utilized well in ou. Hope I helped.

I appreciate the rates guys, but please take time to really think about the team when rating.

I'm sorry, but I don't really like getting 6-0'd by gengar :[
The problem with AV excadrill is that it hits way to weakly to damage things and the fact that exca forces so many things out gives it plenty of opportunities to spin. Modest zardy isnt really needed as ancientpower has a 50% chance to ohko as is and losing the speed tie with base 100s sucks badly. Lastly, i really cant afford to lose bulk on slowbro as it is literally my only way of dealing with mega medi and mega gallade (the latter of which isn't really common), and I can play around mmeta as it has to predict pretty much perfectly to take out my team.
Excadrill I still think should at leats have something other than life orb. It gets so much less opportunities to spin, and it is harder to keep it for lategame. I didn't think you needed all the power from life orb because you had a wallbreaking core, but if you want it's power that much, at least just go with earth plate or something.

After a bit of math done, I found that you have about an 11% chance to lose to opposing zardys if you run timid, and a 3% chance if you run modest. Also, in terms of base 100s, manaphy, medicham, and gardevoir are the ones you can only beat by outspeeding, and they are taken care of by ferrothorn and slowbro.

I said from the start that the spdef evs on slowbro were completely optional, but it safely counters medicham with any of the spreads I gave you. And if mega meta is not a problem, why did you put it on the threatlist?

Last edited:
About zardy, i also have lucario to revenge kill if ancientpower doesnt ohko and rocks wear it down a ton. Excadrill really needs the power on both of its STAB moves because i need it to check electric, fire, and fairy types especially for this team. and i put mmeta on the threatlist as it can punch holes in my team with good prediction from my opponent, but slowbro needs to have a lot of defense on this team because it will be switching into opposing medicham a bunch of times, maybe even 7 times per game.
A timid nature is still unnecessary, and modest gets more consistency with 100% accuracy 24pp flamethrower and more damage output for it's other coverage moves.

Excadrill still takes out what it needs to without the lo damage boost:
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 338-398 (101.5 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Altaria: 270-320 (92.7 - 109.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
you need sand damage on it for you to outspeed after a dd anyway
-1 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 296-350 (105.3 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Even in a very bad situation, the physically frailest slowbro set I gave you counters mega medi:
252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Slowbro: 141-167 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock, sandstorm damage, and Leftovers recovery
Slowbro also has reliable recovery as well as the ability regenerator, so it should be very easy to keep it healthy enough. For instance, If you switch the 52 spdef ev spread out at 50%, you can switch in to medicham. If gk mega metagross really has lost you that many games, I would suggest you run at least a little bit of spdef investment.

Nice team! I feel as if focus blast might provide better overall coverage than ancient power since you have talonflame amply checked in drill hippo slowbro and even lucario with espeed. I guess ancient power is nice for Volcarona though.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Thanks for the rate friend, and I appreciate it very much. I will probably make the change over to ancient power, and the teambuilder automatically makes your speed IVs equal to zero anyways when you use gyro ball, so I thought there was no points in including it. Thanks :]
Just told that because i thought that the export would be like that;

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I'll try out modest zardy along with spdef bro and see how they work. Also, those calcs you have there are cherry picked and I can find some of my own.
Scizor
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 179-212 (52.1 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 138-163 (40.2 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Ferrothorn
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 161-191 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 124-147 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- 80.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Gengar (huge threat to team)
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 290-343 (111.9 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 223-264 (86.1 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (no one likes eating focus blasts to the face)
etc...
I can go on with these calcs but Life Orb nets a bunch of important kills vs mons that I really would like to kill either because they are annoying (ferro, sets rocks, leech seeds things, and can wear down the team with STABs and cripple with twave) or because they can hurt the team (if sciz SDs too much, then it can become a real problem, but life orb exca keeps it at bay and gengar just smacks the team around with shadow ball)
The calcs I showed with exca were the bulkiest fire, fairy, and electric types that it needs to beat. On bulky sd sets, mega scizor usually runs impish and maybe a few def evs, and it is a roll for lo exca to 2hko anyways. Lo exca actually makes you weaker to it in a sense to scizor, it gets weakened easier to get picked off by +2 scizor and makes it harder to keep your best answer to it alive. Ferrothorn is switched into and ko'd by both lucario and charizard, so the 2hko on that isn't very important. Gengar, though, is actually a pretty good point. You could, however, use an iron plate to pick up the ko on this and deal with clefable a bit better. I couldn't think of any important 2hko's or ohko's for your team that exca would get with a life orb over this, so if there is, just tell me and I'll stop bothering you.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
. I couldn't think of any important 2hko's or ohko's for your team that exca would get with a life orb over this, so if there is, just tell me and I'll stop bothering you.
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 289-341 (84.7 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 222-262 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Slowbro: 175-208 (44.4 - 52.7%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Slowbro: 135-160 (34.2 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 200-238 (55.7 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 154-183 (42.8 - 50.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 242-285 (59.9 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 186-219 (46 - 54.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 148-175 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 114-135 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
may i go on?

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 289-341 (84.7 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 222-262 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Slowbro: 175-208 (44.4 - 52.7%) -- 85.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Slowbro: 135-160 (34.2 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 200-238 (55.7 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 154-183 (42.8 - 50.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 242-285 (59.9 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 186-219 (46 - 54.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 148-175 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 114-135 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
may i go on?
You wall any azumarill set with the combonation of slowbro and ferrothorn, and I don't see why it would try to switch in to exca, or why you would be staying in on one. That slowbro set is actually not common at all, the one on your team is actually the ev spread on just about every one. I gave you that spread as an example that all of the sets I gave you to take on gk mega meta could take on medicham as well. The best thing you have for both venusaur and mew is zardy, so keeping up exca's survivability would be just as good for those mons as lo. Sableye is where a life orb actually would be much better, but zardy can actually switch in to it and heal up after rocks anyway, and that is just one situation out of many where an item other than life orb would actually be better. I could do this all day.

Hey,its really look like nice team but i have some flaws but i'll try to fix them for you.

Main threat for the team is Latios, the dude can just eat your team if he have the Hidden Power Fire, you can't play around since you will force the 50/50 always between your Ferrothorn and your Slowbro/Hippowdon but it will be always in Latios favor.
Wallbreaker such as M-Gardevoir/M-Alakazam and Gengar are really threating for your team since your only way to deal with them is to revenge kill them with Excadrill under the sand(M-Alakazam can trace Sand Rush so it will be even more annoying).

I'd recommend to use Tyranitar over Hippowdon,it will allow you to trapkill Lati@s which are annoying for your team and it will also help Charizard-Y. It will still work as Sand Streamer,Stealth Rocker and Talonflame check/counter. Hippowdon was checking Zard-X,Sand Offense and M-Lopunny/Gross but you still have Slowbro/Charizard-Y and other mon in your team which can deal with them. 184 EV Speed are used to speed creed Defensive Landorus-T when 248 HP are used to have a better time with Lati@s. Smooth Rock allow you to help a little bit Excadrill in late game.

Using the Chople Berry over Leftovers on your Ferrothorn will allow you to have a better time with M-Gardevoir,M-Zam and Gengar,you can live a Focus Blast from them and than KO them with Gyro Ball. It can also work as great lure for Keldeo.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Changes in short :

Hippowdon
>>>
Tyranitar

Ferrothorn (Set)

Good luck with your team.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi! Nice team! I've not read any of the rates above, so sorry if there is any conflicting/overlapping information with those.

Have you considered running Chople Berry+Defog Empoleon>Slowbro? This frees up the Rapid Spin moveslot on Excadrill for Swords Dance, which the team benefits greatly from as it lessens the pressure put onto Lucario to clean up while also patching up the Fighting-type weakness that opens up as a result. I've always found Excadrill to be a rather crappy spinner, and after an SD there is very little barring shit like Skarmory and Bronzong that can actually take this on reliably after an SD.

Also, once Hippo is gone+sand has died out this team just loses to Zard X. There isn't really much you can do about that, but an option would be to run Rocky Helmet>Leftovers on Ferrothorn to potentially bring it into range of Lucario's ExtremeSpeed more easily (cause it will be taking 1/6+1/8+(1/3*hp dealt), which will take a huge toll on its HP stat). It also allows you to punish physical attackers much better, which eases the matchup v.s. Megagross and M-Lop significantly because, even if they hit you with a Fighting-type move, you can deal a hefty chunk back to them.

Its a really solid team, so there isn't much else I can say about it other than to watch out for Wobbuffet tbh. Best of luck with it!

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
About empoleon>bro: I really don't like getting 6-0'd by medicham and keldeo, so that isn't really an option as it gets OHKO'd by medicham and keldeo does over 60% to it regardless of the chopple berry, and it doesn't really get reliable recovery, so it will get worn down really quickly.

Rocky Helmet>lefties on ferro isn't really a great idea for this team as ferro really wants to have reliable recovery that doesn't rely on my opp staying in, and chopple berry helps ferro tank hits from psychic types whereas zardx isnt the biggest threat to my team as it only sweeps if it is near full HP, sand is down, hippowdon is dead, and slowbro is severely weakened.
That's why I suggested Chople, as you are able to take a HJK/Secret Sword and retaliate back with a Scald/Grass Knot. It was a suggestion if only 'cause of Driller; its up to you at the end of the day :P

The helmet was dependent on Emp, so just ignore it if you retain bro.

Hey, nice team! Lucario is also one of my favorite mons. I attempted to build a Charizard Y type of team with it a while back, but decided to scrap the idea because I wanted a more offensive build. Offensive Fairy types + Bisharp have surprisingly good offensive synergy with it (I guess you can PM me for team examples if you'd like).

Focusing on more on your team, I notice that you have limited switch-ins to Keldeo, Thundurus, and Latios, so I thought I'd try to tackle that. I actually think replacing Hippowdon with Chople Berry Tyranitar is a viable option, considering that it gives you a marginally better match up against Mega Alakazam, opposing Charizard Y, Life Orb Thundurus, HP Fire Latios, Gengar, all variants of Tornadus-T and Low Kick Weavile, all of which are currently threatening to your team (Tyranitar doesn't counter Mega Manectric nearly as well as Hippowdon does, but it can get chip damage with Pursuit, eventually eliminating it from the game). I understand that Hippowdon checks the above reasonably well (bar Weavile), but Tyranitar also allows for Pursuit-trapping capabilities which is really important for teams utilizing Charizard Y as a wallbreaker.

I'd also recommend using Latios over Excadrill as a result of this, because it allows a secondary check to Keldeo, Mega-Venusaur, Mega Manectric, and Thundurus lacking Knock Off, while providing an answer to opposing Charizard Y. Despite the loss of a potent cleaner/breaker in Excadrill, Latios provides more reliable hazard removal that Excadrill lacks due of its inability to recover HP, and its reliance on Sand turns to pose a threat and Rapid Spin. Stealth Rock + Spikes + Defog seems redundant in practice, but I feel that the utility that Latios provides is worth potentially removing your own hazards, in long haul.

Lastly, I would recommend Iron Tail on Lucario (if you plan to make the above changes), despite its poor accuracy. My reasoning behind it is that CM Clefable with Thunder Wave becomes a gigantic problem if it's set up (Ferrothorn is stalled out of Gyro Ball PP if Clefable hasn't paralyzed it, and Charizard Y can't manage a guaranteed 2HKO with Fire Blast. The coverage Ice Punch provides shouldn't be missed too much, seeing as though Tyranitar can lure TankChomp and Landorus-T with Ice Beam.

Changes:

Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish/ Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch/ Ice Beam

Latios

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Lucario

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

Hope I helped!

So I tried this team out for a few battles earlier because I thought it looked cool. It definitely had potential but there were some mons that basically guaranteed a loss if the other player had them. I'm sure you already know about most but in particular opposing Charizard Y was awful, as were most fighting types. I decided to make a few changes and I thought I would share since it has worked pretty well for me. People suggesting latios had good points but I personally don't like legendaries and I think Zard Y plus exca and sand are really fun to use. Basically I switched ferrothorn with Tankchomp and Hippowdon with T Tar. Both can be useful against Zard Y, the fighting type weakness was less severe, pursuit support was added for zard and the t tar set I use catches dragons and shit like Gliscor that get in excadrill's way by surprise with icebeam. I figured I would share because while it is a fairly big change it keeps Zard and Lucario, the two you seemed to wanted to use most on the team. Here are the sets, try them if you want. I hope you like them!

Garchomp (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Atk / 104 SpA
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What I think About Your Team First Glance

I would consider this clefable nightmare team or the steel monoish dream team
This is different not bad different but something not commonly seen. I feel like opposing char y are a problem and hp fire manaphy has a field day. No gengar switch ins can be annoying but you can easily dodge fb with ferro [: I feel like lucario and excadrill is a very scary/aggressive and very nice core that benefits from each other.

How You Can Improve Your Team

So, in approving this team I would make so changes to these mons and give sets below:

Slowbro:

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

This will help your team vs threats such as charizard x, sd bulky gliscor/talonflame and torn t(depending on set) and let u be able to beat clefable 1v1(I know you have mons of checks for it but its a clefable the more the better :p). I think this set will fit your team better that's just my opinion though.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

This set I feel is better considering I could see bulky toxic lando being a problem for ur team being able to toxic ur checks such as slowbro and hippo and weakening them over with u turn momentum. Air Ballon Drill is able to set up on mons such as toxic lando and forcing them to u turn which u can either sd in the sand and go for a sweep or go for damage to aid your lucario. If charizard goes down for whatever reason your drill is a last ditch eq switch in :P

Conclusion

You seem to have everything down pack and I think this build is clean and its nice to see solid builds like this on the forums. I have seen you around the forums and enjoy the work you put in. I wish you massive success buddy and hope you take my changes into consideration.

Wild Set

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ancient Power
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

Bop Them Bulky Flames and Opposing Char Y's for your excadrill ferro and lucario :P

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)