1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Local Tournaments Sub-Forum

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Firestorm, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think it might be time for us to have a "Local Tournaments" sub-forum without any tournament approval process to go through for people who are organizing local tournaments that aren't sanctioned as Premier events by The Pokemon Company. It would be nice to help facilitate grassroots tournaments for Pokemon, especially with more Pokemon Leagues starting to support video game play in addition to the TCG. Smogon users should have an easy way of finding them!

Thoughts?
  2. Aldaron

Aldaron indefatigable workhorse
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

O absolutely.

Don't even care if they don't have significant activity...we should attempt to promote this as much as possible.
  3. capefeather

capefeather no shit
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Honestly, I'm not even sure why this hasn't actually happened. Maybe it's the "simulator/IRC culture" striking again...
  4. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

discussed my concerns on irc, but it sounds great. create it asap
  5. FearZeCrawdaunt

FearZeCrawdaunt

As someone who organizes grassroots tournaments, and has recently been approved for a pokemon league (and we'll be supporting both TCG and VG), I am 100% in support of this!
  6. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I support. This is cool; hopefully there is enough interest to make it sub-forum worthy.
  7. ChiboSempai

ChiboSempai

I 100% support this. I love to attend in person events for pokemon, and have been hoping they could gain in popularity.

I'm a tournament organizer for Smash (have organized more smash events than anyone else), and have really been wanting to break into the Pokemon tournament hosting scene more and more, but there hardly is one lol

Anything that can help facilitate in person events I 100% put my support behind
  8. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)