Lockdown Mafia 2: Hail To The Chief - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why has no one voted yet?

I honestly have no clue why I'm alive either. Maybe they think or thought no one would listen to me (certainly, parts of the Day 0 posts wanted me elected president under that logic), or people are listening to me too much (the bandwagon machine etc). I certainly made a point of drawing attention to myself.

Anyway, franky going "no it's not me what if it's who voted for me" is a rather common defensive tactic to point the spotlight away from themselves. Granted, now I'm doing it lol, but it makes me even more fishy of franky.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GAME OVER

As jermy trudges out of the boardroom, a hush falls over the room... until 5 members of the board erupt in simultaneous laughter.

"This was too goddamn easy."

Chris is me, jumpluff, reachzero, LightWolf, and macle all get up in unison and point at the president, askaninjask.

"You're fired."

The board is renamed to the Council of 5, and the Corporate Cutthroats take their positions as the leaders of corporate America. God help us all.

Game Over!

The Corporate Cutthroats win. They were:

Chris is me
LightWolf (formerly blue_light)
reachzero
jumpluff
macle

The power roles were:

Presidential Spin Doctors - HD, Rook, Thunda
Free Agent Spin Doctor - Mekkah
Hacker - Accent
Embezzler - billymills

I'll post a postgame but I'm not sure it's really necessary.

Lockdown 3 will be cardflip on (yeah, yeah) and may either be a vanilla game like the first one or an item-based game. You guys can vote on which one you'd rather see if you like. It will also implement the "Banned from Lockdown" list, where players who have either broken the BIG BOLD RULE or have displayed blatant incompetence or unwillingness to participate in the game will be banned from signing up for it, hopefully preventing ridiculous blowouts like the last 2 games.

I dunno, I thought the no-card-flip was something interesting about this game, and I think we should have been able to piece it together eventually.

I thought it was pretty obvious Thunda and Tenken weren't mafia, guess I wasn't vocal enough? Come on...

Good game, sorry sds that at some point it became a bit pathetic...

Sorry if I was useless, I was about to claim when I was fired so good move from the CCs, although I think you didn't know anything did you? Of course I had no mafia results at that point. Should have acted a bit more suspicious I guess.

We sucked. There was a bunch of people who didn't do anything significant to help the village. By that I mean making only a couple of posts, with most of them just being bandwagons, or posts to defend themselves (you guys wouldn't have had to do this if more people participated in the discussion and realized lynching by inactivity isn't always a good idea. Really, wouldn't the mafia be more active?). Most people just lynched based on being inactive/stupid. I don't know why you would vote based on inactivity, how is that a sign of mafia. About being stupid, I don't get that either. If anything the mafia would try to act smarter to not give themselves away. As I said on Day 1, wouldn't their team stop them? Unless of course the whole mafia had no idea what they're doing, and they had no good people on their team.

Though the village played kind of badly, I don't completely blame them for losing. The no cardflip rule made it way for village to win. Secondly (and possibly the most important one), the mafia played well and didn't really reveal themselves that much. When I was watching the game, I only had my suspicions about jumpluff, but I couldn't tell who else might be mafia. Did anybody else have any thoughts about who might have been mafia? But regardless, gg mafia, because honestly you guys played pretty well.

Edit: Also SDS, I didn't get a PM stating my role.

Really, wouldn't the mafia be more active?
Not necessarily. People who usually don't care about games won't suddenly post a lot if they are mafia (or village for that matter). Which is why we let GTS lie low during Lockdown 1.

I agree no cardflip hurt a lot, especially because of the many inexperienced players, since it means only the mafia knows what they're up to. I do think the mafia played well...a bit of luck with the power roles dying, but that's nothing new in Lockdown. Heh.

I had theories about reachzero being mafia after he "tried to save me", but didn't really have the time to work more on it publically because I was lynched. For the others, "could have been anyone", though I was pretty sure we were mislynching a lot, making the mafia a competent bunch.

Wow, I didn't realise we did that badly! After I got fired, I thought that reachzero was likely to be mafia (saying that I was likely village just before I got fired seemed suspicious to me). I was a little bit suspicious of LightWolf too, but it was difficult to put my finger on why exactly. I didn't know what to think about macle, and I was completely fooled by Chris is me and jumpluff.

It was a fun game, despite the fact that I was clueless for a lot of the time. I'm not sure whether that was due to my inexperience in mafia games or cardflip being off, but never mind!

When I was watching the game, I only had my suspicions about jumpluff, but I couldn't tell who else might be mafia. Did anybody else have any thoughts about who might have been mafia?
I kinda knew pluff was mafia and I would have had a mafia result the following night for sure as I'd have inspected either reach or chris. Had I lived one more day, the outcome would probably have been quite different...

Also, SDS will correct me if I'm wrong but I think initially the lack of cardflip was meant to make it harder for the mafia. If there was cardflip, they could have just seen how many presidential doctors were left... I guess maybe SDS should only have revealed the general alliance, and not the roles, as with me mistargeting the first nights and then being thrown out of the loop the village had absolutely no way to know where they were going. I mean even if macle, lw, pluff AND either reach or chris had openly stated they were mafia, the remaining member would probably have won.

cim

I have a lot to say about this game.

First, I want to thank my teammates, especially reachzero and jumpluff, for achieving absolute perfection in a game of Mafia. I can't think of a game I've played where I found this much success and the best teammates I could ever ask for. Now, of course, cardflip off made this game somewhat broken, but still, it took smart players to do it, and I couldn't think of any teammates I'd rather work with.

Secondly, I really wanted to be townie. SDS is a big jerk for randomly putting me on the mafia (yeah right man, way to go). So my playstyle, at least initially, wasn't too different from my play as a townie, I just embellished the "character of Chris is me" wayyyyyyyyyy more than I ever did on the forums. I can point to only two or three times I would have acted differently. Once was when LightWolf acted really suspiciously, I would have called him on it and tried to throw up good discussion on him, but I let it slide. The other time was during this day, I probably would have gone after macle, or at least talked more, but the mafia knew we only needed one non mafia lynch, so I threw a jermy vote in case the town degenerated into what it did and called it a day.

The main strategy the Mafia acted with was to kill smart people (Accent, you and Mekkah were the only real hope for the town lol), and then let idiots fall to our bandwagons, since there were a lot of inexperienced players. Occasionally we'd kill people we'd think had something to hide too. Basically, we just shut the town up until it was only the big three of us talking, then we'd convince you guys to lynch Mekkah. (though honestly, his play style in NOC was something I might have voted for if I was a townie). Reach was so good, even I would have believed him lol, and pluff was her sexy sexy self.

I should have been dead Day 2, maybe Day 3. That you guys missed that when I was basically TRYING to draw tons of attention to myself, I didn't get killed... it should not have taken a desperate inactive villager in the tail end of Day 6 to even mention me. Honestly, what were you guys thinking? The mafia would have killed me right away.

Now that that's over, I'm probably going to co-host games with Seven Deadly Sins until you guys get your fucking act together. This was fun though. Elect a better President next time, you should listen to your confirmed villagers more.

And finally, Accent, hooooly shit that was an awesome graph.

cim

Something subtle someone could have caught: I was pretty much only on IRC during the nights. Hmm, what could I have been doing?

Don't worry, Accent would have been dead either way. Everyone else should have laid not low.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)