Lockdown Mafia 2: Hail To The Chief - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

If people could actually tell me why I was so horrible, I'd appreciate it. Mafia excluded, unless they have criticism too.

Btw SDS, glad your no cardflip was such a success. Next time you could be less of a prick. /sarcasm.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If people could actually tell me why I was so horrible, I'd appreciate it. Mafia excluded, unless they have criticism too.
Anything I said about your playstyle in the thread was 100% accurate truth.

This pretty much applies to anyone that isn't Mekkah.

Btw SDS, glad your no cardflip was such a success. Next time you could be less of a prick. /sarcasm.
Maybe if you sucked less no card flip wouldn't be so bad. lol

Our kills were hilariously good. Many thanks to reachzero, LW, Chris, and macle! Sorry about going inactive at the end. Cardflip should definitely be on next time like SDS said, but this was an interesting experiment. Thanks for the great game, SDS, and I really am grateful to my teammates. Sorry if I came across as overly harsh/belligerent to anyone, but that was the 'role' I played, the aggressive townie! After having a lot to do, I went quiet for awhile to not appear too suspicious. (I also didn't want to draw much more attention to myself, and wanted to appear after awhile like I gave up hope / was only getting townie results.) I was going to false claim inspector several times as we were quite sure he was dead, but it never seemed quite worth the risk!

I know I appeared a bit obvious as mafia, but I didn't want to blend in that well. Someone who acts a bit suspicious, but not enough to perfectly blend in, is a bit of a more authentic villager imo!

Maybe I'll be village next time for once, haha. ^_^ And I at least apologise for my insults, though the people I insulted were generally playing quite badly. :P

ETA: Yeah, Accent is right, but it was quickly quite apparent that we could just go for majority then lynch everyone off and then go for askaninjask. P.S. Greatest graph ever.

SDS: postgame plz? Comment on players? It would be quite helpful imo <3

--

7. Tenken - Fired Day 1 - Ignorance Is Bliss - Townie
6. Rook - Resigned Night 1 - Wet Dreamer - Spin Doctor
14. Trick Room - Fired Day 2 - Last Train to Retardville - Townie
19. Accent - Resigned Night 2 - The Da Vinci Load - Inspector
13. Tyranidos - Fired Day 3 - Crikey! - Townie
3. billymills - Resigned Night 3 - The Steak Out - Vigilanté
16. Mekkah - Fired Day 4 - Mickey D - Bodyguard
10. Class - God-fired Day 4 - Completely Classless - Townie and NOC-violator
5. HD - Resigned Night 4 - Bad Santa - Spin Doctor
20. Thunda - Fired Day 5 - Effortless - Spin Doctor
12. TotalPotato - Resigned Night 5 - 13 Going On 30 - Townie
8. jermy - Fired Day 6 - The End - Townie

LOOK xD

Anything I said about your playstyle in the thread was 100% accurate truth.

This pretty much applies to anyone that isn't Mekkah.

Maybe if you sucked less no card flip wouldn't be so bad. lol
So how about some constructive criticism? Its been awhile, but I don't ever remember you giving me any legitimate attack.

No offense to Mekkah, sure he is good. But he didn't do much this game from what I can tell. You are simply putting him on a pedestal, while bashing everyone else for no real reason, except for his name/past games.

Right no cardflip with all vanillas works in a game where players don't suck. Yea the town can get in a few easy mafia kills, but information is too limited to make the game any good.

But sorry I suck, so just ignore me. Some guys should seriously stop being such elitist, but whatever.

He is a big name; he should've known he was going to be killed anyways. I don't play much here, and I thought he was going to die early if not mafia. Lying back to protect yourself is dumb, especially if you have an important power role and normally don't lie back.

Ehh whatever I guess I'm just influenced by my games elsewhere/suck.

I watched this game and most of the first one. This game was quite the entertaining watch.

I thought that lynching Tenken was completely ridiculous, because as people pointed out: "If he was mafia his teammates would have shut him up by now".

I was pretty sure that Mekkah was innocent and that the village, at that point, was doomed. However, I suppose if he was mafia, he could have had me just as convinced. CIM came off a bit suspicious to me in his persecution of Mekkah, and his play thereafter. Even then it was nothing specific and just an overall gut feeling (so it would have been hard to accuse him). Reach and Jumpluff had me completely fooled as well.

I'd like to take part in the next game. Never played forum based mafia before, but played standard "non-cardflip" mafia with friends quite a bit. I'm not sure cardflip is absolutely needed, but considering the two flawless victories the mafia have carried out thus far, it should be used for the next game.

Good game to all involved, and my consolations to the poor village.

I plan on signing up for the next one so a simple game would be appreciated. It doesn't have to be completely vanilla, but some of them are way too complicated and intimidate me too much to join as my first mafia.

cim

So how about some constructive criticism? Its been awhile, but I don't ever remember you giving me any legitimate attack.
Go back and read. I wouldn't have stuck to you so hard if I wasn't trying to act like people think Chris is me acts, but I still had a decent reason to lynch you.

No offense to Mekkah, sure he is good. But he didn't do much this game from what I can tell. You are simply putting him on a pedestal, while bashing everyone else for no real reason, except for his name/past games.
His role dictated he play like he did.

Right no cardflip with all vanillas works in a game where players don't suck. Yea the town can get in a few easy mafia kills, but information is too limited to make the game any good.
You'd think with two games under everyone's belt that people might get the idea that NOC mafia games have little to do with information. You guys are spoiled by other games into needing facts to do anything. And it makes you easy to lead around like sheep. :D

But sorry I suck, so just ignore me. Some guys should seriously stop being such elitist, but whatever.
"I'm not elitist, I'm just better than you".

I was pretty sure that Mekkah was innocent and that the village, at that point, was doomed. However, I suppose if he was mafia, he could have had me just as convinced. CIM came off a bit suspicious to me in his persecution of Mekkah, and his play thereafter.
I took almost no precautions as I thought I'd be dead very soon anyway, but yeah. I actually would have at least proposed a lynch of mekkah when he was still alive and said "oh i basically play by listening to everyone else", but obviously me being Mafia influenced that.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I AM STUPID, DON'T MIND ME

Tenken was actually the third Corporate Spin Doctor.

(also you are super retarded so how do you get off acting superior to me)

have fun not playing lockdown 3, prick

You'd think with two games under everyone's belt that people might get the idea that NOC mafia games have little to do with information. You guys are spoiled by other games into needing facts to do anything. And it makes you easy to lead around like sheep. :D
I understand that SDS and you hate smogon mafias, but they don't explain why this game went like it did. Most of the village was made of players who don't play smogon mafia that often, unless I'm mistaken.

cim

I understand that SDS and you hate smogon mafias, but they don't explain why this game went like it did. Most of the village was made of players who don't play smogon mafia that often, unless I'm mistaken.
I just like being bitter :P (Maybe that "CIM character" was easier to play than I thought...)

Regardless of past experience, one shouldn't wait for the answers to fall into your lap in any NOC mafia, because then you'll get blown out by the Mafia.

This game had 99 problems, but lack of Mekkah activity ain't one. Let's look at the top # amount of posters.

Chris is me: 52
jumpluff: 36
Mekkah: 35
SDS: 27
billymills: 25
askaninjask: 24

then we'd convince you guys to lynch Mekkah. (though honestly, his play style in NOC was something I might have voted for if I was a townie)
I think you (or anyone) could make a case for voting almost everyone based on how this game went.

For the last few cycles I was sure CIM, Reach, and Pluff were bad.
I think the Tenken lynch was pretty stupid. Tenken worded his post badly and/or CIM just misinterpreted it.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2343400&postcount=56
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2343654&postcount=60
It took 4 days for day 1 to start, not sure if that was because of SDS or PRs.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2346584&postcount=168
And then when night 1 started SDS misinterpreted Tenken again. Tenken was talking about the no cardflip.

Anyway was still a good game to watch. I wasn't expecting a perfect game again, figured you guys got at least 1 mafia. The no cardflip really didn't work. You can still analyze peoples' posts and votes but without ever knowing a single mafian then you can't be sure people with connections to them are mafia. Mafia did play good though.

I was suspicious of Jumpluff, and was starting to become suspicious of Reach. I still thought (and still do) that Chris is me was a bumbling idiot that should have been put down d1 no matter what his role was.

But he got the last laugh, and I really can't say anything else about it.

The other two hid for nearly all the game, and only got involved once the game was basically over. So gg Pluff, Reach, and CIM.

Having never played a mafia game before, and because in this one all discussion had to be in the thread, I thought it would be a good idea to see how this game went so that I could get an idea of "village logic". It seemed that the village considered those who were inactive or acted stupidly to be primary lynch targets, regardless of whether these people were mafia or not. I thought the idea of lynching was to hit the mafia, not the non-contributing villagers.

With that said, I never at any point suspected anyone of being mafia, mainly because of the no cardflip, which basically meant that nobody, least of all outsiders, could actually know anything. It was fun to read the heated discussion in the early days though.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
I was suspicious of Jumpluff, and was starting to become suspicious of Reach. I still thought (and still do) that Chris is me was a bumbling idiot that should have been put down d1 no matter what his role was.

But he got the last laugh, and I really can't say anything else about it.

The other two hid for nearly all the game, and only got involved once the game was basically over. So gg Pluff, Reach, and CIM.
You got beat by the bumbling idiot

cim

The idea that lynching a shit villager is juts as good as lynching a mafia is something that only actually applies in the early game, when you have nothing to go on for who mafia is and you might as well just lynch the worst player, as at least the good guys would stick around. Since everyone was "waiting for information" they kept doing that for days, when that was not the best idea.

Chris is me: 52
jumpluff: 36
Mekkah: 35
SDS: 27
billymills: 25
askaninjask: 24
just ftr, I like to go with the mentality that he who posts more, wins in NOC mafia. look at ye thar top two posters. yup yup

cim

i'm going to say that was our one mistake in the game

we didn't want mekkah or accent since we had too many power players already, bout we wanted someone smart. so we picked... macle? lol

thought that wisconsin blood would serve us well

I think macle was a good choice. Almost everyone else was either a buffoon or a "power player". You could have picked billymills, but you would not have been able to stop the roll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)