Lockdown Mafia (Gangsters win, yo)

You started lynching him for no real reason, when all he was saying was to follow basic IRL mafia tactics (which is what this is the most close to). I already explained that earlier. That is also why I am not sure about Fishy, because when she started accusing CN he was already suspicious.

Seriously guys, read the previous pages.

You started lynching him for no real reason, when all he was saying was to follow basic IRL mafia tactics (which is what this is the most close to). I already explained that earlier. That is also why I am not sure about Fishy, because when she started accusing CN he was already suspicious.

Seriously guys, read the previous pages.
I was rand-lynching for a while, among people who seemed the least bit suspicious (him for going after Kumar with out any real conviction). Then he began to seem more and more suspicious, and I started a bandwagon on him. You're calling him suspicious yourself, yet you still want me lynched?

I started a bandwagon on him
Yet yesterday you were claiming you'd done everything to avoid that. Supposedly to explain the fact that

you changed your lynch target 3 times.

And CN was suspicious, yes. But only after everyone jumped on him... Which is understandable. As you said yourself, your first lynch had no reason to be, and it already looked suspicious to me then.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Frankly, I mostly got into the heated debate just to become active and to actually be more active IN GENERAL in mafia games, considering I haven't really played an enormously productive/insightful part personally in the past few I've played. You don't have to read any further than that into my innocence.

I still agree with billy, even if CN wasn't suspicious before billy started the lynch, he was sure suspicious afterwards, and wasn't really doing much to help his case other than trying to point out billy's flaws. I dunno, I kind of feel like we're all rats in a cage right now just running into one another and claiming whoever hit us accidentally was mafia; I think we need to stop running after lynch targets until we either find some slip ups or some real evidence; no more conjecture speculating bullshit.

Yet yesterday you were claiming you'd done everything to avoid that. Supposedly to explain the fact that

you changed your lynch target 3 times.

And CN was suspicious, yes. But only after everyone jumped on him... Which is understandable. As you said yourself, your first lynch had no reason to be, and it already looked suspicious to me then.
Yea, I was acting a little rashly early. I was just trying to gauge people's reactions, before finally coming to a decision. Note that I did not want to actually lynch anyone before my final vote on CN. Voting is just the best way of prodding for action.

Ok, so:

The first day, you randlynch someone who's inactive so "they wouldn't retaliate". You said you didn't know he was playing, yet you didn't remove your vote - you even posted it twice, while acting like you were clueless during the whole day.

Then, during the next day, you "randlynch" CN who was one of the more active players - I don't know why you would want to "prod him for action", since he was maybe the one who posted the most.

Then, when the bandwagon is started, you remove your vote.

Then, after a long list of accusations against CN, you proceed to vote for... Jumpluff, who has said nothing suspicious at all - she was in fact protecting Kumar, the Snoop. Of course the bandwagon against CN is already rolling. Oh that happened after you bullied Sikh Assassin a bit.

And when CN tries to defend himself and votes against you, you finally change your vote for the third time and jump on the bandwagon you started yourself, as if it was the most natural thing to do, and encourage everyone to follow you just in case there aren't enough lynches against CN who's already crawling under the stones.

And then you suddenly disappear, letting Fishy do the rest. Mischief managed?

And Fishy, the Snoop is dead. If we wait for "real evidence", unless Sikh Assassin is mafia, we will still be waiting by Night 42.

Fishy, the Snoop is dead, so we have to lynch based off what other people do now. I agree with the lynch on billy. He refused to take responsibility for a lynch he was very clearly masterminding, when the lynch was on a smart player who was just advising us to follow the tactics of previous NOC mafias on forums like mafiascum and played IRL. He provided no real basis for the lynch on CN. He refused to explain his points about CN's posts being BS, which just sounds like a half-assed reason to me. Then he attempted to lynch me for no reason at all, his posts turned from 'lynch CN with no actual basis' to 'lynch jumpluff for doing nothing except pointing out he could have removed your vote if it was a joke'. Why? Because his vote on Thorns was pretty odd. I asked a very transparent question, and he was quick to jump on it. At the time I had no intent of implyng you were suspicious, billy, but now I think you are very suspicious.

What exactly did CN do wrong by pointing out the flaws in billy's logic, by the way? It wasn't like he could prove his role, so the best thing he could do was pull apart the lynch upon him =/

Voting billymills.

Ok, so:

The first day, you randlynch someone who's inactive so "they wouldn't retaliate". You said you didn't know he was playing, yet you didn't remove your vote - you even posted it twice, while acting like you were clueless during the whole day.
I lynched him because I didn't know he was playing, and didn't remove it because that would be even odder. I prefer explaining myself over doing something suspicious. Regardless, I did act randomly all that day, so no problems here.

Then, during the next day, you "randlynch" CN who was one of the more active players - I don't know why you would want to "prod him for action", since he was maybe the one who posted the most.

Then, when the bandwagon is started, you remove your vote.
This was not random, this was because of his voting of Kumar. I have already explained this 3 times, please at least read my posts, they are not here for no reason. The 'prodding' was in regards to the changing of the votes, i.e. voting jumpluff.

Then, after a long list of accusations against CN, you proceed to vote for... Jumpluff, who has said nothing suspicious at all - she was in fact protecting Kumar, the Snoop. Of course the bandwagon against CN is already rolling. Oh that happened after you bullied Sikh Assassin a bit.
Jumpluff protected thorns, not Kumar. Do not even pretend that. That would just be stupid. I bullied Sikh because I don't really like him, eh.

And when CN tries to defend himself and votes against you, you finally change your vote for the third time and jump on the bandwagon you started yourself, as if it was the most natural thing to do, and encourage everyone to follow you just in case there aren't enough lynches against CN who's already crawling under the stones.
I voted for CN for reason that I thought were self-evident. he was creating absolutely idiotic posts that made no sense whatsoever. At least yours are somewhat coherent.

And then you suddenly disappear, letting Fishy do the rest. Mischief managed?
I'm glad fishy helped, because I have to sleep sometime. I'm pretty sure she was just proving her activity, but take it as you will.

And Fishy, the Snoop is dead. If we wait for "real evidence", unless Sikh Assassin is mafia, we will still be waiting by Night 42.
You're completely right.

Your assertations, while sometimes misguided, are not stupid as CN's were. I have no reason to lynch you. Remove vote.

Real evidence may still come from slip-ups, like I had already mentioned.
Nah it won't. No one is being active anymore.

Jumpluff protected thorns, not Kumar. Do not even pretend that. That would just be stupid. I bullied Sikh because I don't really like him, eh.
I had no intent to protect Thorns. Nor Kumar, as iirc I didn't even post after Kumar. (My bad for inactivity, sorry SDS!) Kumar was much more protective of Thorns than I was.

I voted for CN for reason that I thought were self-evident. he was creating absolutely idiotic posts that made no sense whatsoever. At least yours are somewhat coherent.
I don't understand; they made perfect sense to me. Please tell me what was incoherent, I will attempt to explain if you like. :heart:

I had no intent to protect Thorns. Nor Kumar, as iirc I didn't even post after Kumar. (My bad for inactivity, sorry SDS!) Kumar was much more protective of Thorns than I was.

I don't understand; they made perfect sense to me. Please tell me what was incoherent, I will attempt to explain if you like. :heart:
Kumar was never protective of thorns, you were. That's the difference.

I've already posted, like 5 times. I'm currently tired of repeating myself. If you don't want to read over my posts, and others want to hear exactly what I am complaining about, I'll quote myself tomorrow.

Sorry about the bit where I said Jumpluff protected Kumar, my mistake. However I do read your posts:
I was rand-lynching for a while, among people who seemed the least bit suspicious (him for going after Kumar with out any real conviction).
You said yourself that was randlynching, albeit admittedly among people you thought were suspicious.

I'm off to bed for now. Note that you, once again, removed your vote. That may be either an honest withdrawal, or panicked attempt to stay alive. I'll decide tomorrow.

I would agree with Fishy to "wait for slip-ups" if that had any possible benefit. But with the Snoop dead, what exactly do you expect? One of the mafia accidentally pasting his role PM?

We can of course no lynch, but then we have nothing new to go on, lose another villager overnight and then we're in the exact same position. Or we can lynch someone we suspect: a quiet person, or a very vocal person who looks suspicious by contradiction or by voting. Both give us ample options.

Looking at numbers right now, we have 13 alive, of which 5 are evil. Even if we mislynch and the kill next night is not blocked, we still have 6 versus 5, and at that point we require a correct lynch.

If we don't lynch now, next day we're looking at 7 versus 5, and mislynching there makes for a village loss as well: one village death, then another night death brings us to a vote tie, at which point the mafia might as well have won.

And consider the chances of hitting a mafia right now. Around 38%, and we will have another slightly larger one on the next day.

These numbers get better if the bodyguard protects correctly, though also worse if one of the lovers dies.

hey billy constant changing of your vote and then finally settling for a no lynch when not lynching is a definite bad move for the village doesn't look like a very villager move. i'm very tempted to vote you however you say that lynching accent would be a bad idea because his posts are intelligent. could you elaborate on this?

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Intelligent posts does not always mean someone is clean.

That said, I think people are getting too worked up and seeing things that aren't there. It is natural for billymills to try and defend himself since he is up for the lynch, but I think his reaction is perhaps a little extreme. Of course, once the village seems to get an idea in their head that someone is mafia, it is extremely hard to shift, and as Mekkah pointed out, with two lynches already going against the village it is time to at least attempt to roll someone genuinely unclean.

Hard to say who though, since we have nothing but suspicion at this point. We also cannot hesitate in a lynch either, as was pointed out.

Lynch billymills

hey billy constant changing of your vote and then finally settling for a no lynch when not lynching is a definite bad move for the village doesn't look like a very villager move. i'm very tempted to vote you however you say that lynching accent would be a bad idea because his posts are intelligent. could you elaborate on this?
hey thorns I'm really happy for you and i'll let you finish, but CrabNebula had one of the most incoherent mafia posts ever!

Also, at toothache: They don't mean someone is clean, but to lose a smart villager is far worse than losing a stupid one.

i don't really believe in this, but enough people seem to, so...

lynch billymills

frankly, though, i think the constant changing of the vote could very well be villager paranoia, and i wouldn't say his reaction was any more extreme than cn's.

if billymills turns up clean, we seriously need to get our act together ~.~
for the record, i don't really trust bass's post.

i don't really believe in this, but enough people seem to, so...

lynch billymills

frankly, though, i think the constant changing of the vote could very well be villager paranoia, and i wouldn't say his reaction was any more extreme than cn's.

if billymills turns up clean, we seriously need to get our act together ~.~
for the record, i don't really trust bass's post.
READ MY FUCKING POSTS. IT IS NOT PARANOIA. Yes you clearly do need to get your act together. I am a villager (like claiming helps, but whatever). Currently I'd like to get thorns, but I'm interested in hearing any plan that doesn't lynch me.

um billymills

villager paranoia occurs when you are a villager and you dont know who to vote for

it seemed like a reasonable explanation for your constant vote changes, so if that's not it, you must be mafia, right?

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
I am agreeing with all that Accent has said so far, however i do not believe Fishy seems like mafia. Billy, your lynch changing was a little strange, and your defence seems a little extreme, as pointed out by tooth. So for now Lynch Billymills.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
billymills' shifty actions during the past two days had earned him his share of ire. He was always willing to cast suspicion on others, and yet never willing to take responsibility. But now he would, one way or another. The beating was swift and painful, and in the end, guards carried billymills out as a bloody pulp.

The gang still looms, five members strong.

billymills has been lynched. He was a Vicious Criminal.

It is now Night 3. Get crackin'.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tonight's murder is a double-header. After a long and rousing bout of pillow-fighting, porygon3 was just too tired to defend himself. The gangsters, armed with rolled up newspapers, landed blow after blow on his defenseless body until he had been lightly tapped into a bloody pulp.

Upon seeing his lover's demise, Umbreon Dan flew into a rampage. That rampage was stoppd when he accidentally ran into a steel post on one of the beds, cracking his head on it and subsequently cracking his head again when he hit the floor. The bodies are removed by the guards, and it looks like the end is near...

porygon3 and Umbreon Dan were the Lovers.

It is now Day 4. Get to it.

Fair thinking, but I have to insist that I'm very much aligned with the village. Ace Matador is suspicious, but we can't risk lynching another vicious criminal, so if he does not defend himself, I will lynch him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)