Let's Play! Lockes Pokémon adventure (Nuzlocke)

I have always wanted to post my own Nuzlocke comic, but my drawing skills suck too much for it to ever be readable (;_;) so I have decided to try and post it more like a story. This is not really a LP, and I don't want to show game play of everything I do, as I feel it kinda takes away from what I'm trying to do, which is putting some kind of story into the Nuzlocke, like you can do with a comic, and not just showing of how well I'm able to beat a Nuzlocke. I hope some of you will enjoy it just a little, so with out further ado, lets jump into part 1.
upload_2014-12-29_0-11-8.png

Nuzlocke Challenge

Backstory: An aspirating trainer named Locke is about to start her very own adventure in the Pokémon world, however, she discovers that the world is much darker than she ever would have believed. The world is currently ruled by the organization known as ‘’the elite four’’ with an evil mastermind behind known as the ‘’champion’’ who wants nothing but control over the region of Kalos. Every trainer is forced to face each other down to earn money every day. Locke, who only dreamed to live peacefully with Pokémon quickly gets involved when she meets the first underling of the elite four, gym leader Viola. What will Locke do to make the world she dreams about, and will Locke survive her adventure?
Rules:
1. If a Pokémon faint, it is considered death and must be released.

1.1. If the trainer blacks out, the challenge is lost and you must start over.

1.2. Shiny clause: Shiny Pokémon can be sent to another game by trade or Pokémon bank, or stored in a box permanently until the run is over.

2. You may only attempt to catch the first Pokémon encountered in a new area.

2.1. If the area is left without any encounter, you may not catch anything when you come back.

2.2. Species clause: A Pokémon already registered in the pokedex may not be caught, and does not count as the first encounter.

2.3. A shiny Pokémon can be caught at any time, but may only participate in the challenge if it was the first encounter.

2.4. Gift Pokémon can be used, if they were the first encounter in that area.

2.5. The starter Pokémon is determined from trainer id; the digit will have to match the last digit of any evolution of the Pokémon (4=Charmander 004 and 6=Froakie 656), if it does not match any, the choice is yours. The last digit of the id determines the Kalos starter and the first the Kanto.

3. Level cap: At no point a Pokémon’s level must exceed next gym leaders highest level Pokémon by more than 3, outside of that gym. If it happens, that Pokémon may be boxed, as long as it have not participated in any battles at that level.

4. No items can be used from back in battle, held items are fine.

5. Battle mode must be ‘’set’’

6. Evolution clause: you may only evolve 2 Pokémon for each gym leader you defeat.

Exceptions:

1. If a HM is needed for a certain area, and no Pokémon can learn it, a HM slave can be caught, but may not participate in battles and must be released as soon as possible.

Part 1:
Locke and her childhood friends are going to see professor Sycamore, and see if they are worthy of getting a Pokémon.

Trainer information:
upload_2014-12-29_0-11-30.png

Name: Locke
Gym leaders defeated: 0
Pokémon able to evolve: 0
Current team:
Pokémon caught:
Deaths: 0
Max Level: 12

Aquacorde Town:
- Pokémon obtained: Nuz the Froakie at lv. 5
upload_2014-12-29_0-13-5.png

- Deaths: None

Route 2:
- Pokémon caught: Bugs bunny the Bunnelby at lv. 3
upload_2014-12-29_0-14-29.png

Santalune Forrest:
- Pokémon caught: Leaf Green the Pansaga at lv. 4
upload_2014-12-29_0-14-40.png

Route 3:
- Pokémon caught: None

Santalune City:
- Pokémon obtained: Quaklin’ the Farfeth’d at lv. 10 In trade for Bugs Bunny
upload_2014-12-29_0-13-41.png
->
upload_2014-12-29_0-13-52.png

Santalune Gym
- Gym leader Viola defeated.
upload_2014-12-29_0-14-1.png

Locke is shocked at how many trainers who are willing to force their Pokémon into battle, risking both their Pokémon’s- and their own life just for the sake of money. Locke meets the gym leader of Santalune city, who challenges her to battle, risking her Pokémon; Locke beat Viola with ease, obtaining the Bug badge. After beating Viola, Viola explains to Locke how the Kalos region is controlled by the elite four, and that no trainer have ever been able to defeat them, and those who have attempted have had all their Pokémon heartlessly killed. Locke realize that she have to do something to save the world from this way of treating Pokémon, but in order to do so, she has to face ‘’the champion’’ but even before that, obtaining all 8 gym badges is the only way she will even have a chance to make it through victory road.

Attachments

Last edited:

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really excited to see more people starting up Let's Play threads! I hope you have a lot of fun playing this and you don't give up halfway through.

Should probably include at least some of the game, though. It's really hard to tell what's going on. :)

Best of luck and I can't wait to see part 2!

Last edited:
Not a bad start, especially with the attention to detail in your post formatting. However the lack of description about events in the game leaves it a little dull. So far it's just your character remarking how horrible everything is, but there's no description of any of the obstacles she's encountered or anything like that. There's not really any story here. You need to describe what happens and include character moments to make it a story, not just stating what's happening.

Really excited to see more people starting up Let's Play threads! I hope you have a lot of fun playing this and you don't give up halfway through.

Should probably include at least some of the game, though. It's really hard to tell what's going on. :)

Best of luck and I can't wait to see part 2!
Not a bad start, especially with the attention to detail in your post formatting. However the lack of description about events in the game leaves it a little dull. So far it's just your character remarking how horrible everything is, but there's no description of any of the obstacles she's encountered or anything like that. There's not really any story here. You need to describe what happens and include character moments to make it a story, not just stating what's happening.
I just tagging both posts at ones, because you pretty much said the same thing ^^ first of, thanks for the positive feat back! ill make sure to include more descriptions, and cover more events ^^ might do some of it a bit more like you do in your Gauntlet challenge Deinosaur if you dont mind that? :^)

Alright, so with the suggestions from Deinosaur and Jimera0 heres the first half of part two (it was kinda long)

Part 2 (1/3): Locke is trying her best to earn the second badge, but the road is long and hard, will she make it?

Trainer information:
upload_2014-12-29_10-24-19.png

Gym leaders defeated: 1
Pokémon able to evolve: 2

Current team:
upload_2014-12-29_10-24-11.png

Pokémon caught: 3
Deaths: 0
Max Level: 25

Route 4:
- Pokemon caught: Lite the Floetta lv. 7
upload_2014-12-29_10-30-3.png

- Deaths: Lite the floetta. R.I.P lv. 7-7
upload_2014-12-29_10-29-59.png

upload_2014-12-29_10-27-15.png

Very soon after Locke and Floetta joined forces, Locke got jumped by a roller skater while staring at the water. Lite fought bravely, but eventually died by the claws of the strong flethling. Locke has for the first time seen the life of a friend fate away, and wishes it is not something that will happen ever again.

Sad and angry Locke continues through route 4, crushing every trainer who dares to challenge her. Eventually she makes it to the top where she meets two of professor sycamores dexholders. Locke follows them to the professors lap, where she meets her friends, and gets a nasty surprise as the professor challenges her to battle.

Luminose City:
- Pokemon Obtained: Hope the charmander
upload_2014-12-29_10-36-12.png

upload_2014-12-29_10-35-2.png

The professor challenges Locke to a battle to ''test her skills as a trainer'' and luckily no pokemon takes any major harm. After the battle professor sycamore's charmander joins Locke's team. Locke name him hope, as he is the first pokemon to join the party after the tragedy that happened to lite. ''Charmander, the hope of never experiencing another death''

After the battle Callum tells Locke that he has something to talk about, and ask her to go with him to the nearest cafe. Callum knows what Locke is planning to do, and ask her to stop, as he fears it is too dangerous to keep fighting in that way. Locke declines, as she knows no one else would ever challenge the elite four. Callum then tells her, that he and the other will do everything in their might to take Locke back home, where she will not be in danger.

upload_2014-12-29_10-44-45.png

While at the cáfe, Locke and Callum notice diantha, the famous movie star, will she help stopping the elite four?

Before leaving the city, Locke gets herself a haircut, that matches her personality a lot better.

Route 5:
-Pokemon caught: New year the gulpin.
-Deaths: None

upload_2014-12-29_10-48-0.png
upload_2014-12-29_11-10-37.png

Locke heads to route 5, where runs into Tierno, who challenges her to a battle, so he can drag her back home where she wont be in danger. Locke, in tears, accepts the challenge, and is forced to do everything in her might to win. Leaf Green wipes the floor, and Nuz grows to lv. 16, resulting in the first evolution on Lockes adventure.

Locke arrives at Camphrier town, and heads straight to route 7 where she hopes to soon reach the second gym leader, however she is forced to go to the Perfume Palace to get a pokeflute, and awaken the sleeping snorlax.

Locke meets her friend Kayly at the perfume palace, and they help each other catch a missing forfrou. Kayly is the only person who really understands Locke, and therefore try to help her reach her goal, rather than trying to stop her. After catching the missing forfrou, Locke is rewarded with the pokeflute, which can wake up the sleeping snorlax.
upload_2014-12-29_11-5-20.png

Locke and Kayly is at least able to enjoy the firework together.

That was the first half of part two. I hope you enjoyed, make sure to leave a like or a suggestion so the next part can improve ^^

Last edited:
Locke follows them to the professors lap
Or at least, that's what the Sycamore fangirl in her wishes ...

This is pretty interesting so far! I think you should work just a bit on your writing though, you have lots of long, run-on sentences that get boring to read. You definitely need to increase the quality of your images too. This is a really interesting take on Nuzlocke otherwise, I love your justification for the your rivals' battles. Poor Locke, who knows if she'll make it, so upset was she by witnessing her first Pokemon death ...

Or at least, that's what the Sycamore fangirl in her wishes ...

This is pretty interesting so far! I think you should work just a bit on your writing though, you have lots of long, run-on sentences that get boring to read. You definitely need to increase the quality of your images too. This is a really interesting take on Nuzlocke otherwise, I love your justification for the your rivals' battles. Poor Locke, who knows if she'll make it, so upset was she by witnessing her first Pokemon death ...
Thanks for the featback ^^ I'll try to work on my writing (how I wish English was my native language) and I will also do my best to improve image quality!

deinosaur

I think this is much improved! As someone who does Let's Plays on a 3DS, I know that it is usually very hard to pull high quality images from them, so you're not doing a bad job there.

I like the increased content -- I can actually tell what's going on. Thank you for taking the advice! Hope to see more in part 3. :)

Yeah definitely better, though unfortunately the fact English isn't your first language really shows through. If you have a friend that speaks English more fluently than you, you might want to ask if they can proofread your writing before you post it. If that's not an option though that's ok, just keep trying to get better with it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The professor challenges Locke to a battle to ''test her skills as a trainer'' and luckily no pokemon takes any major harm. After the battle professor sycamore's charmander joins Locke's team. Locke name him hope, as he is the first pokemon to join the party after the tragedy that happened to lite. ''Charmander, the hope of never experiencing another death''
I find it interesting that the Charmander can join your team after you killed it in battle (that's at least the way I see it when I play). This has so far been a good read and I too like the spin you've put on the game by making the Elite 4 evil, does that mean that Team Flare will be good instead? I guess we'll just have to wait to find out! I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of your LP goes, good luck

Here's the next update ^^ I've tried to take all the suggestions, and I really do my best trying to make this story as enjoyable as possible. Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the suggestions and feat back, it really means a lot.

I'm sorry to split up part two even further, but the post would be way too long if I did not. Enjoy!
Part 2 (2/3): Locke is trying her best to earn the second badge, but the road is long and hard, will she make it?

Trainer information:
upload_2014-12-31_0-15-10.png

Pokémon able to evolve: 1
Current team:
upload_2014-12-31_0-15-53.png

Pokémon caught: 10
Deaths: 3

Route 6:
- Pokémon caught: Weed the Odish*
upload_2014-12-31_0-17-39.png

- Deaths: Hope the Charmander. Lv. 10-15

*Not named weed ingame. as this is impossible
Heading back from the Perfume Palace, Locke gets attacked by a couple and their strong Forfrous. Locke is forced to face them 1v2 and barely pulls through and win. But the victory is not as sweet as it could be. Hope the Charmander could not handle the pressure of the very powerful headbutts thrown at it. Locke is at her knees, crying over her lost friend. And just one level short of evolving.
upload_2014-12-31_0-17-0.png

After the battle, a little wild oddish walks over and tries to cheer Locke up. Oddish tags along, and Locke name him Weed. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE CHARMANDER? I COULD HAVE HAD A MEGA CHARIZARD TT__TT

Route 7:
- Pokémon caught: Clause the Snorlax
upload_2014-12-31_0-19-36.png

upload_2014-12-31_0-20-8.png

The Snorlax that was blocking the bridge wakes up to the sweet sound of the Pokéflute. Snorlax seems to notice that Locke is very sad, and quickly decides to join Locke's party.

Locke's friends shows the day care.
upload_2014-12-31_0-20-21.png

''take care of Pokémon for you'' Yeah sure, like they'll ever give them back. WHY CAN'T I HAVE GOOD FRIENDS?

Zubat's Roost:
- Pokémon caught: Acid the Zubat (first encounter zubat, that's something new -_-)
upload_2014-12-31_0-20-35.png

upload_2014-12-31_0-20-47.png

Locke gets through the cave without any problems, and captures a zubat on the way.
They finally decided to give a cave a fitting name, huh? Zubat are in every fucking cave :I (also, why is the zubat not the most common pokemon in fucking ZUBATS ROOST?)

Route 8:
- Pokémon caught: Octo the Inkai
*Picture of Inkai*

upload_2014-12-31_0-22-47.png
upload_2014-12-31_0-22-54.png

Why would you WANT to be the champion???

Getting out of the cave, Locke meets a trainer who challenges her to battle with her strong Axew. Axew knows a move called Dragon Rage, which nearly sweeps through Locke's entire team. Luckily, thanks to a lot of switches and a poision on Axew thanks to Weed, Locke is able to get through the battle with no dying friends.

On her way down route 8 Locke encounters a wild inkai. Inkai joins the team in the box, and Locke name him Octo.

Abrette Town:
Pokemon obtained: None (as of now)
Deaths: None

As Locke finally arives at Ambrette Town, her team is pretty worn out. Locke hurries into the Pokémon center to heal her belloved Pokemon.
upload_2014-12-31_0-24-16.png

What kind of hospital hopes for you to come back??

Route 9:
- Pokemon caught: Hippo the Hippotas
upload_2014-12-31_0-26-25.png

upload_2014-12-31_0-26-16.png

WE GET TO RIDE ON A FUCKING RHYDON!
But why the fuck can you walk on those small ass rocks?
Locke heads to the Glitering Cave where she hopes to find a couple of fossils.

Glittering cave:
- Pokemon caught: Hard the Onix*
upload_2014-12-31_0-26-35.png

- Deaths: Nuz the Frogegier.
OMG WHYYYY??? That was my last good starter pokemon ;_;

Heading into Glittering cave Locke runs into a man in a red suit. Is there finally someone on her side?
upload_2014-12-31_0-27-34.png

It does not seem so.
Nuz smacks the nerds, and Locke heads further into the cave.

upload_2014-12-31_0-27-59.png

Further inside the cave, Locke meets two more team flare grunts, as well as her (former?) friend Callum. Callum offers to battle alongside her. Locke foolishly believe Callum have finally changed his mind, and want to help her rather than stop her. Locke finds out she was completely wrong, as Callum let the two Team Flare Grunts attack nuz directly. A brick break and a critical faint attack was not something Nuz could handle.

upload_2014-12-31_0-28-15.png

Locke is unable to move, as she watches jet another friend fate away into heaven. Locke can't do much about the circumstances, and is forced to move on, leaving her beloved companion in the cave.

Locke decides to give up on her stupid quest, and head home with Callum. Callum grabs two fossils from the cave, and they head out together. On their way back through route 9, Locke notice a Nuzleaf... with a face looking like Jonh Locke??? Nuzleaf asks her ''Don't you believe this is all happening for a reason?''
Does Locke really give up?

**Credit goes to the original creator of Pokemon- Hard mode.

Attachments

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait, does this mean it's over? Why did they head home? I would have liked it if you expanded on Team Flare's motives, like why were they in the cave in the first place? And why did they want to battle you? Like I said in my last post, it's cool that you've made the Elite 4 and the Gym Leaders the bad guys, what does that do to Team Flare? Will they play any role in this story or will they just be annoying background characters that you have to deal with because it's part of the game? Apart from that I have been enjoying the story so far :) too bad about Nuz and Hope, I guess Quacklin' and Claus will have to carry you for a bit

Wait, does this mean it's over? Why did they head home? I would have liked it if you expanded on Team Flare's motives, like why were they in the cave in the first place? And why did they want to battle you? Like I said in my last post, it's cool that you've made the Elite 4 and the Gym Leaders the bad guys, what does that do to Team Flare? Will they play any role in this story or will they just be annoying background characters that you have to deal with because it's part of the game? Apart from that I have been enjoying the story so far :) too bad about Nuz and Hope, I guess Quacklin' and Claus will have to carry you for a bit
It's not over, I just really wanted to give Locke a "soft" personality. I am going to expand on team flares motives in the next parts ^^ and I'm really glad you enjoyed it, it really means a lot :)

Hey there! I don't have any good advice whatsoever.
Just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading through this Let's Play.
Please keep making these. Keep it up!

Finally I finished part 2, i hope you enjoy it!

Part 2 (3/3): Locke is trying her best to earn the second badge, but the road is long and hard, will she make it?

After Locke's encounter with nuzleaf, she decides that she has come too long to give up, even with the sacrifices she have suffered, there's only one way her friends can find piece, if Locke defeats the champion. In the night, Locke sneaks away from Callum, and decides to also bring one of the fossils to the lab, in the hope of getting a new Pokémon to join her team, after the lose of Nuz. Locke arrives back at Ambrette town, and decides to stay in the pokemon center for the rest of the night. She really needs a good night of sleep before challenging the second Elite Four underling; Gym Leader Grant.

Trainer information:
upload_2015-1-4_12-57-45.png

Current team:

upload_2015-1-4_13-0-8.png

Pokémon caught: 13
Deaths: 3

upload_2015-1-4_12-55-36.png

Back in Ambretta Town, Locke gets the professor in the lab to revive her fossil. After some minutes the professor comes back, holding a little tyrunt. Tyrunt joins Lockes party, and Locke name him Jawge.

upload_2015-1-4_12-50-48.png

On Lockes way to the beach, she meets a fisherman while looking at a gigantic model of a shiny magikarp. The fisherman, for some reason, have a lot of spare fishing roots, and decides to share one with Locke.

upload_2015-1-4_13-1-24.png

Locke continues to Cyllage city, through the beach at route 8. Route 8 contains a lot of water-type trainers, who recklessly challenge Locke to battles, easy grinding for her two powerful grass-types.

Cylage City:
- Pokemon caught: Mr. wasser the luvdisc
upload_2015-1-4_13-2-34.png

- Pokemon Obtained: Thumber the steelix in trade for Mr. wasser.
upload_2015-1-4_13-2-40.png

upload_2015-1-4_12-56-15.png

When she arrives at Cylage City, Locke go catch herself a new Pokémon in the water near the city. Locke's first encounter is a cute little luvdisk. Locke catches it and names it Mr. wasser.

upload_2015-1-4_12-56-33.png

Back at Cylage City's pokemon center, a man offers to trade his steelix for Locke's luvdisc. Locke agree to this trade, and both Mr. wasser and Thumber seems happy to meet their new trainers.

upload_2015-1-4_12-56-45.png

Locke walks around, exploring the city before challenging the powerful gym leaders and the annoying gym trainers. Locke runs into a bikeshop, and for some reason, she gets a free bike. Locke seems a bit confused by the sudden free item, is this some kind of contract or something?

Cylage Gym:
- Pokemon caught: None
- Deaths: Weed the Gloom.
upload_2015-1-4_13-2-16.png

R.I.P ;_;

upload_2015-1-4_12-55-57.png

Collecting all her coverage, Locke heads inside the gym. Locke crawl around the climbing walls, and defeats the trainers in the gym with relative ease.

upload_2015-1-4_12-57-1.png

Weed evolves into gloom, and Locke feels ready to take on Gym Leader Grant.

upload_2015-1-4_12-57-20.png

Locke challenges Gym Leader Grant. Her haerth beats faster and faster, she have to win this.

upload_2015-1-4_12-59-22.png

Grant leads with Amaura, and Locke leads with Weed. Weed goes for the sleep powder, but Amaura outspeeds it and goes for the refrigerate boosted take town which... kills Weed in one hit. Locke holds her tears back, she can't let it affect her judgement for the rest of the battle. Locke sends Thumber out, who is able to massacre Amaura in one hit. R.I.P Weed, and just after you evolved ;_;

Grant send out Tyrunt, and Locke keeps Thumber in battle. Thumber almost takes it out with two gyro balls, but Grant uses a hyper potion in the last second (WHY CAN'T I DO THAT?) Thumber hits it with one last Gyro ball before Locke takes him back to avoid further harm. Locke switches to Leaf green, who almost takes Tyrunt down with a seed bomb, but the next turn tyrunt make him flinch with a bite. Locke switches again, now into Jawge, who is able to finish Tyrunt off with a bite.

Locke have finally beaten the second gym leader, but not without sacrifices. Locke can now have two more pokemon evolve, and train them to level. 32. RIP weed the Gloom. Locke heads back to train up her reminding friends, so she will not have to face any more deaths!

Attachments

Sorry for the messy update, but I was in a bit of a hurry today, and the sheer bad luck i have had have not helped either. I hope you enjoy!

If you are one of those sick persons that enjoy watching pokemon die, and trainers struggle to even get past regular trainers, then I doubt you understand the concept of a nuzlocke :( whether you enjoy it or not, this is one of those parts!

Part 3: Mirror of death - an one mon army

Trainer information:

Gym leaders defeated: 3
Current team:

Pokémon caught: 2
Deaths: Too many
Max Level: 36

Route 10:
- Pokemon caught: Tetris the Golett

Locke heads to geosenge town through route 10, where she also catch a golett, who she names tetris. closer to the town Locke also runs into a team flare grunt, whom she defeats without any trouble.
upload_2015-1-17_23-51-53.png

geosenge town:
- Pokemon caught: None

upload_2015-1-17_23-52-26.png

Locke follows the grunt to geosenge town, where she runs into her childhood friend Callum, Callum is still trying to convince Locke to go back, this time using team flare as an argument. Locke denies as always, and heads toward route 11. When Locke is about to step out of the gateway towards route 11, she gets jumped by the gym leader Korrina.

upload_2015-1-17_23-53-5.png

Locke fights bravely, and unbelievably comes out of the battle without any deaths.

After the battle, Locke gets a nice surprise, as New Year the gulpin is evolving.
upload_2015-1-17_23-55-2.png

Locke also decides to finally evolve Leaf Green. And now she can also evolve two more pokemon, as she have defeated jet another gym leader ;)
upload_2015-1-17_23-55-20.png

Route 11:
- Pokemon caught: Bell the chinglin
- Deaths: Jawge, Quaklin' and New Year

Locke continues her journey on route 11, where she runs into a really hard double battle:
The couple leads of with a mr. mime and a steelix, where Locke have a horrible match up with Clause and Jawge (Snorlax and Tyrunt)
Locke swaps out both into Leaf Green and Quaklin', the couple hits quaklin' with a low sweep from machoke, resulting in a speed drop, which Locke does not notice. Mr. Mime sets up a light screen.

The next turn Quaklin' horribly dies to a psybeam, while leaf green gets of a leech seed.
upload_2015-1-17_20-35-38.png

Locke sends in new year, forgetting it is weak to psychic types, and Mr. Mine takes it down while Leaf Green lands another leech seed.
upload_2015-1-17_20-37-57.png

Thing really aren't looking too good. Locke sends Jawge back in, begging Machoke wont target it...

But that did not happen, and Jawge was the next one to go down. Locke sends in steelix hoping it can take a hit and finish machoke.
upload_2015-1-17_20-41-48.png

For ones, Locke actually got lucky, and steelix is able to take down both Machoke and Mr. Mime.

Locke is both angry and in tears. Three deaths at ones, that is more than she could ever have imagined. Locke goes back to the nearest pokemoncenter, and withdraws some of the pokemon she have caught. Locke bides her sadness in her, and heads into reflection cave.

Reflection cave:
Pokemon caught: Solobro the Solosis

Deats: Solobro, Leaf Green, bells and Clause

Inside reflection cave, Locke finds out what she had experienced earlier on route 11 was nothing compared to what she would experience later. Locke meets a lot of strong trainers, but one was just too strong, with his powerful fighting types, he is able to take out 4 of Lockes comrades, leaving locke with nothing but Thumber and Acid left.
upload_2015-1-17_21-46-55.png

Locke is paralysed, and the only thing that keeps her going is the tiny, tiny bit of hope, that she will make it.
(I chose to give myself a little mercy, and let over levelled pokemon participate at the cost that they MUST be released before the next gym battle.)

Tower Of Mastery:
Pokemon obtained: Angel

Deaths: Tetris, Octo and Hippo

Locke is at least able to make it through reflection cave, but with nothing more than a heavily damaged steelix and a low level zubat. Heavily in doubt about how she is going to tackle the situation. Locke withdraws a few pokemon, and heads to route 12 where she decides to grind. At route 12 Locke also catches herself a female slowbro, and name her slowsis.
upload_2015-1-17_23-54-18.png

YAY!
After about an hour (real life ;_;) of grinding, Locke is ready to take on callum in the tower of mastery. Locke leads with Tetris the golett, which gets of two shadow punches of on meowstic, before it dies (D':) Locke sends in Octo, forgetting about dramatic voice. Octo dies too. Locke then sends in Thumber, who is able to finish the job. Callum sends in Absol, who gets neatly 3hkoed by gyro ball. Callum sends out Quildin, and Locke switches into Hippo, hoping to get of a yawn, but Quildin kos it with needle arm. Locke sends out golbat who lands the 2hko with wing attack.

Locke almost does not get sad this time, it is as if deaths does not hit her as hard any more. She hates to be that cold blooded, but it is necessary for her to move on.

(Another two hours of grinding at route 12 later)

Route 12:
Pokemon caught: Slowsis

Deaths: Slowsis

Locke is training her pokemons at route 12, when slowsis unfortunately dies at the level of 30, to a miltanks bide. Eventually golbat grows to level 32, and Locke sets her beloved thumber free because it had helped so much.

upload_2015-1-17_23-56-18.png
upload_2015-1-17_23-57-25.png

Locke and Acid are finally ready to take on Gym Leader Korrina for the second time. She leads with meinfoe, and Locke goes for protect, and then takes it down with a wing attack. Acid grows to level 33 and learns acrobatics, and then sweeps korrinas two last pokemon with that.
upload_2015-1-17_23-50-39.png

Locke heads to the tower of mastery, where she will meet with Korrina again. When Locke meets Korrina at the top of the tower, her personality seems changed quite a bit. She seems more friendly, and challenges Locke to jet another battle, but this time more of a friendly one. One of Korrinas Locarios joins Locke against Korrina's other Lucario. Locke wins the battle and Korrina lets her keep the Lucario. Locke decides to name her new friend Angel, as it brings her just a tiny bit of hope in this dark, dark time.
upload_2015-1-17_23-51-15.png

Jawge lv. 26
Quaklin' lv. 30
New Year lv. 28
Clause lv. 27
Solobro lv. 23
Bells lv. 21
Leaf Green lv. 31
Tetris lv. 24
Octo lv. 16
Hippo lv. 18
Slowsis lv. 30
Thumber* lv. 41

*Did not die, but had to be released.

Locke: Every time I see a friend die, my heart shatter. It hurts, but what hurts the most is knowing you could have prevented it. If I had never begun this stupid journey, none of this would have happened. Too much of me have already died, I am becoming more cold blooded than i can ever accept. one thing still remains true. I have to beat the elite four.

Attachments

Nice ruleset!
I hope that NuzLuck will pave your way from now on ;)
Just keep in mind to avoid any battles on Route 12, to not loose Acid by overleveling.
If you keep Acid under 36 hope will fly high. Crobat for victory. And don´t lead with Angel on Route 13 please!

Sorry for the short part, but there is not much to do between 3rd and 4th gym... Enjoy!

Part 4
After seeing her friends die by her hands, Locke can no longer handle the circumstances and decides to let her last two Pokemon go free, however Acid and Angel keep refusing, and pushes Locke to keep going forward. Choked that she still have friends willing to help her, Locke regains a bit of hope. Locke is aware that she needs to raise her battling skills to make sure she will make it through.

Trainer information:

Gym leaders defeated: 3
Current team:

Pokémon caught: 2
Deaths: Too many
Level Limit: 36
upload_2015-1-31_13-11-15.png

Heading towards route 12 Callum runs up to Locke, and give her the HM for surf. Locke is a bit suspicious as to why he would do something like that for her. Callum does not even ask her to return back with him. Locke is really happy that he finally is able to accept that she HAVE to beat the champion.

upload_2015-1-31_13-13-4.png

Locke is luckily able to ride through route 12 on the back of a Skiddo, this means she is able to avoid every singe trainer on the route, securing her Pokemon from any potential harm.

upload_2015-1-31_13-37-21.png

Locke reaches Coumarine City where the next gym is located. The gym specialises in grass type Pokemon, so Locke does not have many worries. But before she challenges the gym, Locke heads down to route 13, where she can catch herself a Ground type Pokemon, which will be able to help her a lot against the next gym, which is an electric type gym. Locke cannot seem to find any Pokemon while searching, but suddenly something sneaks up on her. Locke is attacked by a wild Gible, whom she quickly capture. Locke names him Shadow Sneak, because he sneaked up on her at night.

Locke return to Coumarine City, where Callum ones again challenges her to battle. Locke leads with Acid, and Callum leads with meowstic, not a very favourable matchup for Locke. Locke can't switch out, as psychic will 2hko both Angel and Shadow Sneak, while most likely ohko'ing Acid. Locke have to rely on Acid hitting Meowstic on a critical spot to win this. Callum order his Pokemon to go for the fake out, as Acid is then able to 2hko with acrobatic (THANK YOU INNER FOCUS!) Absol is no match at all, and neither is Quildin. Locke heads back to the Pokemon centre and let her friends rest before the battle against the gum.

upload_2015-1-31_13-31-28.png

Acid sweeps through the gym like a hot knife to butter, and Ramos is no match at all to Acid.

upload_2015-1-31_13-33-16.png
upload_2015-1-31_13-36-58.png

Both Acid and Shadow sneak evolves after the battle, which is a nice surprise to Locke.

~~~~~~~~

This Nuzlocke is actually a lot harder than expected, set mode, no items and level limit is the hardest I have ever tried, and I am really considering changing the level limit to that of the next gym leaders highest level Pokemon +3, this would not make the run significantly easier, but it would make it a lot more fun, because as of right now i have to worry all too much about not overleveling (and the level curve in this part is just stupid) would that be okay?

Attachments

This Nuzlocke is actually a lot harder than expected, set mode, no items and level limit is the hardest I have ever tried, and I am really considering changing the level limit to that of the next gym leaders highest level Pokemon +3, this would not make the run significantly easier, but it would make it a lot more fun, because as of right now i have to worry all too much about not overleveling (and the level curve in this part is just stupid) would that be okay?
IMHO, go for it! It looks like you've found the line between fun and frustrating; you definitely want to be dealing with the former.

deinosaur

I'm really glad you've decided to keep this going! It's only getting better with every update. Keep up the good work, buddy. :)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I kinda don't like how you have everything listed before the story portion of the post because then I know how many deaths you had / who died / what you've caught etc. before I've even read the story. If you're going to list that stuff at all it would make more sense to have it at the end as a quick summary of what's happened.

Other than that it's still a nice read so I hope you keep going! (and don't let everything die before the end)

I'm really glad you've decided to keep this going! It's only getting better with every update. Keep up the good work, buddy. :)
Thank you Deino, it really means a lot ^^
I kinda don't like how you have everything listed before the story portion of the post because then I know how many deaths you had / who died / what you've caught etc. before I've even read the story. If you're going to list that stuff at all it would make more sense to have it at the end as a quick summary of what's happened.

Other than that it's still a nice read so I hope you keep going! (and don't let everything die before the end)
In the beginning, I wanted it to be a summary of what happened in the last part, I don't really know why I messed it up, ill fix it in the next part, also thanks for the positive feat-back ^^

Really nice to see you getting out of a messy situation.
It´s a pleasure to read your posts, only the pictures start to take a ton of time to load so maybe hide some of them next time?

Keep it up and have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)