1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Longest game turn-wise?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Rah, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Rah

Rah

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-14797992

That link, right there, contains the longest battle I've had. Stall wars to the max, wasting as much PP as possible as to not struggle first.

232 turns of pure agony.

What are some of your longest battles, and do you have the replays for it?
  2. Himanattsu

Himanattsu

Waaay back when BW1 was released and everyone was on PO, I 6-0'd a guy with Sableye, courtesy of burn damage alone. It took 100 turns.
  3. STEELDRAGON

STEELDRAGON

I remember back in the day, I made troll teams and some of the battles where over 600 turns. I think the record was just over 1,000.
  4. tehy

tehy

Longest battle I've ever seen: Fun story, an entire BP team versus a shedinja. Only Espeon had attacks and shedinja had more PP than it so the player just switched back and forth to stall out PP. Considering insane PP on BP team and the determination of the losing player to win, it took a long time, probably 1k+
  5. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Wow...those are very long battles. My longest battle took 80 turns and that felt like a serious slog. I cannot even imagine a 1000 turn battle...
  6. KafeiThePoet

KafeiThePoet

watched a battle between 2 uber wall teams of defense form deoxys...best waste of my life ever (465 turns give or take)
  7. Revontheus

Revontheus

I've seen battles of 300+ turns, though 1000 turns is just woah I don't think I could battle that much.
    xHash likes this.
  8. Othesemo

Othesemo

My longest battle (I think) was this horrible match between a weezing (with pain split) and a resttalk throh- it ended at 183 turns, IIRC.

I suppose that, discounting status/harvest leppa berry shenanigans, the theoretical maximum would be with every pokemon knowing 64 pp moves that don't deal damage and using leftovers, in which case you could hit 1536 total active turns before your pokemon would start struggling, adding another 30 to the total. This doesn't count turns switching out, since as with para/confusion hax, that would make the battle limited by your power company and not much else. Though who would subject themselves to such a thing, I can't say. 183 turns was grueling in its own right.
  9. PandaCum

PandaCum

I would probs give up after 100 or so turns.... and probs rage at the opponant for not giving up
  10. Dzi

Dzi

NU stall vs stall took me 150+ turns. :3
  11. apt-get

apt-get platinum happy
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Is there a maximum of turns in Showdown, a theoric limit that stops the battle for going on for days with Leppa Berry/Harvest shenanigans? If not, I'd totally wait for someone making a timer on a website with a battle continuously going on with scripts. "5000 turns!"
  12. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

In theory, you could have an infinitely long battle even without the use of Leppa Harvest because both players could just keep switching back and forth repeatedly. Leppa Harvest would make it a bit more interesting though :I
  13. yee

yee
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Here's a 158 turn game that involves PP stalling (a lot without Pressure even being involved). It's my favorite game ever and it comes down to the 2nd to last turn.

http://pastebin.com/MBtUW2K5
  14. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

My longest was a 208 turn game on Pokemon Lab, in DPP NU. It was either against Closet, Crona, or Corn. (The latter two don't really sign into PS anymore afaik) Anyway I remember that it was my Quagsire and Shuckle against an opponent's Shuckle and I won the PP Stall war. One of my most memorable matches as I remember there was some pretty funny commentary since a lot of people joined the battle.
  15. august

august free the robots
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

i've played some 250+ game ru stall wars

i know conflict and earthworm have both gone 700+ turns in gsc too
  16. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

i played a 300+ turn uu game a week ago which i disappointingly lost

longest game ever for me was a 550 turn gsc stall war vs thiago rios, rapid spin starmie saved my ass
  17. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

I have a new longest battle--it was just a little while ago, but it was 129 turns. It was against a PP-Stall and Baton Pass team. It was quite good too, but needed more of an offensive presence to build off of the ground it gained. Not much, but a little more would have helped.

This is the battle:
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-15311864
  18. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

I went through a 767-turn Splashfest. I didn't save a replay though, because it wouldn't save <_<
  19. Manitary

Manitary

20. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

1400+ turn rby match against jshadias back in 2003 or so
    Jirachie, FearRattata and Felony like this.
  21. Loses Every Time

Loses Every Time

I'm actually watching a battle now between an Exeggutor that works like a Funbro paired with Entrainment Durant. They are currently on turn 396 and neither side has lost a Pokemon. I don't see an end. ._.
  22. SomeDrunkRockLee

SomeDrunkRockLee

I think my best took 119 turns... to get the first KO! (after that it was a forfeit, so idk how long it would have gone on for)
    It was fifth gen ubers. Pretty quickly during the battle, it came down to my Latias vs. his Lugia; I was running Substitute/Calm Mind/Dragon Pulse/Roost with a physically defensive EV Spread (and soul dew, ofc) and so I figured I might be able to set up a sub if he was running Dragon Tail > Whirlwind. Unfortunately, he was an offensive Calm Mind Lugia, with 3 attacks and recover. We both got up to +6, and neither of us could switch and forfeit the boosts, since the other pokemon would sweep our team. When we were both down to just our recovery moves, I was able to switch out into a set up sweeper, but it was fun to continually use my Latias to check his Kyogre until I killed it with its own struggle damage. I forget what happened with the rest of it, but I remember the first KO came on turn 119.
  23. NoahStar

NoahStar

Simulator wise: I think my longest battle was on PO at about 200~ or Shoddy Battle in gen 4 at around 230.

Otherwise, I think my longest battle of all time was while playing a Pokemon MMO. The battle--I swear on everything--took over 2 hours to complete. This was during a Guild War with a player named Latias. Her team was a pretty well trained (you had to catch train all of your Pokemon) stall team while I ran a more balanced offensive team. The problem was the fact that items were able to be used....and we both had a shit-ton of Full Restores. I think I ended up losing that battle but it was probably one of the best battles I've ever had in my entire life!
  24. Monte Cristo

Monte Cristo Shots fired

I had a 2,000 long battle before, it was sun stall vs sun stall Ubers,my subtoxic ho-oh vs a sub3 attacks heatran, neither of us could break each others subs with 1 shit and by that point it was already 1,300 turns so we stalled out 700 more to finally get to the end of it
  25. BuriedAlive

BuriedAlive

AgentAnteater and Thatguyred like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)