Look At What I Chained

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be chaining for shiny Smeargle next. I love those guys. I'll probably EV train some of my cooler shinys too (i.e Adamant shinx, Quiet Licky). But I won't be chaining for a while. I've got heaps of work to do.

I've recently become really good at chaining and in the past 3 days I've gotten these:

Shiny Magnemite x6(two traded away)
Shiny Pachirisu x5
Shiny Zigzagoon x2

Who do I PM about this move?

This absolutely does not belong here. This is not even close to the same thing as the "Look at what I bred" thread, I just parodied the title. Whoever moved this does not understand the purpose of this thread, so I'd at least like a chance to explain myself. Please hear me out. Thank you.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heh, sorry for the trouble. I read your post, and skimmed a few pages and I agree (although I'm not quite sure if it's Stark Material in the first place) but I'll move it back to Stark

Fuck, not a single one decent natured with rock head :(

Adamant lightningrod: 26 / 13 / 1 / 29 / 13 / 20
Naughty lightningrod: 22 / 21 / 13 / 4 / 30 / 26

Oh well, I already have a rock head marowak so whatever..The second one is the best even with naughty nature because high spDef IV pretty much makes up for it compared to the adamant.

Edit:

Adamant geodudette: 19 / 27 / 26 / 24 / 6 / 21

Kind of low SpDef, but I gonna use it in UU (= no sandstorms) so it won't really take special hits anyway.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
10:24 AM EST: Beldum chaining now. Up to 15. Had a shiny at 13, but lost it to Struggle. Didn't figure I'd want to use a Master Ball on it, because then I wouldn't want to use it.
10:47 AM EST: Chain at 35, more than my previous Beldum chains.
11:14 AM EST: Timid #374 Beldum: 2 - 3 / 2 - 3 / 24 / 8 - 9 / 18 - 19 / 12 - 13, Luxury Ball. Won't be able to tell the others due to full party. Hope my Syncher's more effective on the others, if any.

Cubone (Adamant)
HP: 29
Att: 31
Def: 17
SpA: 8
SpD: 0 - 6
Speed: 22

Only one, but a decent one...too bad its incapable of getting fire punch.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Just had a stunning breakthrough, which almost negates the sandstorm's effects:

Get yourself a pair of old-fashioned 3D glasses.

Don't laugh. :|

The red lens will make you want to die, and you'll see most of the sand from the sandstorm, your character, sandy ground, and the grass as a horrible patch of indiscriminability.

The BLUE eyepiece will give you a clear view of your character, the large pieces of dirt, distinct pieces of grass, rocks, sandy ground, mostly filtering out the finer sand.

So just keep looking through that eye, or get two of them, cut out the blue of one, put it where the red was. Instant Go-Goggles.

Have yet to try this with one blue piece of plastic covering the top screen.

OMG. after a day of broken chains around 40. Ive got this beauty on a chain of 3.

Eevee - Female- Caught in a Luxury Ball
Impish Nature
HP:27
Attack:20
Defense:26
SpA:-
SpDef:18
Speed:4

I was using my Timid Synchronze Alakazam.

Hahaha, that's genius Lorak!! I'd try it myself but I don't own any. Hopefully others do though. Perhaps they still come in cereal boxes? We can only hope.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Hahaha, that's genius Lorak!! I'd try it myself but I don't own any. Hopefully others do though. Perhaps they still come in cereal boxes? We can only hope.
No idea, found a few sites that still sell them.

Do I get credit for my solution? :|

Okay, well I just got a shiny Houndoom at 26. I switched pokemon to hurt it, only to get promptly roared away. Always do your homework, boys and girls. I don't know how I didn't see that coming, but I didn't. Fuck me.

I'll hopefully be doing a lot more chaining in preparation for the debut of my new thread, so the OP might actually be contributing to this thread.

Lorak - Haha, yes you do. I'm about to do a long overdue update (more like overhaul) to the guide, so your genius will be known to the community.

Gutted Diesel.

That had to hurt.

Next time bring out the Octillery, and teach that Houndoom a lesson he won't soon forget. A lesson in PAIN...

Well, I chained 104 shinx the other day without a single shiny.

Here's to hoping that you guide can help fix what I am doing wrong, other than the fact that I soon realized that I was supposed to keep resetting after 40.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Well, I ran out of Repels before Luxury Balls, oddly, and the chain ended. And I was maxed on each sort of Repel, too... I probably missed some shine patches in the sandstorm, but I preferred to err on the side of caution to keep the chain going. And go it did! Amazing I kept it that long.

Synching of Adamant, I encountered 18 shinies, managed to catch 7 (6 and the accidental Master Ball one), and 5 were Adamant. The other two were, oddly enough, Timid. And almost none of them quite got the idea of having good IVs.
Timid #374 Beldum: 2 - 3 / 2 - 3 / 24 / 8 - 9 / 18 - 19 / 12 - 13
Timid #374 Beldum: 22 - 23 / 29 / 3 - 4 / 17 - 18 / 7 - 8 / 25 - 26

Adamant #374 Beldum: 0 - 1 / 17 - 18 / 8 - 9 / 2 - 3 / 31 / 3 - 4
Adamant #374 Beldum: 2 - 3 / 6 / 22 - 23 / 23 - 24 / 27 / 20 - 21
Adamant #374 Beldum: 7 - 8 / 4 - 5 / 3 - 4 / 6 - 7 / 18 / 10 - 11
Adamant #374 Beldum: 22 - 23 / 9 - 10 / 22 - 23 / 27 - 28 / 30 / 25 - 26: Most usable.
Adamant #374 Beldum: 24 - 25 / 28 - 29 / 16 - 17 / 27 - 28 / 7 - 8 / 29: Sad face, Master Balled. Would have been best, if Luxuried.

@Lorak- Sure it would've been cool in a Luxury, but people will want that last one with or without it.

Great chains. :)

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
@Lorak- Sure it would've been cool in a Luxury, but people will want that last one with or without it.

Great chains. :)
True... I just really wanted it, as I prefer avoiding Master Balled Pokemon whenever possible. It supports the "hax" claims when some people see it.

well here are all pokémon I obtained through chaining:
(I won't post IVs/EVs since I only use shinies to brag :))

I think that's all
maybe I forgot one...

Yea I Master Balled all my Beldums. I knew if I didn't I would probably lose some potentially good pokemon and more importantly get sick of the chain really quick. I don't Master Ball anything else though, and probably never will.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Yea I Master Balled all my Beldums. I knew if I didn't I would probably lose some potentially good pokemon and more importantly get sick of the chain really quick. I don't Master Ball anything else though, and probably never will.
On the contrary, as stupid as it sounds, I preferred to lose about 10/17 shinies from the chain, and probably other potential shinies, than let them be in Master Balls. The Balls just seem too common-place and low-class to me...

EDIT: 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)