Gen 4 Looking for a Queenler12345, send me your digits (2k RMT)

title credits go to mambo, i'm really shit at this stuff lol

Introduction

Hi, I've recently gotten into ADV and DPP and absolutely love them as tiers. I've never been one to tweak EV spreads or innovate but I do try to keep up with stuff that's catching on (well, as much as it can for "dead" metas). This is a pretty interesting team I built with some variations that does struggle with some stuff but overall I feel is decently solid.

Now that I'm actually doing something for my 2k, I'd like for this to be something more than an RMT. I started out on PS just over 2 years ago, having vaguely heard of the name "smogon" and gone to the front page only to see a simulator on which I could play online, with real Pokemon! Not only did I not have to train my Pokemon to level 100 with EVs and such, the ability to play with so many different formats made me addicted. Being the 14 year old I was, my immediate instinct was to select a badass Pokemon. Kingler and a few others were taken however, as was "kingler1," so I decided to make a combination of numbers no one would ever think of ahahaha!!! I was pretty trash at BW OU then, building over 70 terrible teams with highlights such as Regenerator CM Reuniclus and Chansey on offense (won me lobbytours when they had those regardless though!!!). I was a pretty terrible presence on PS when I did talk there. I'd also gotten into a Monotype league called "Sora" because I built a mono-Ground team that apparently did well against the gym leaders (ahh the memories). I think I made an account on there but I lost the will to do monotype soon after. I'd heard about the Lando-I suspect from a friend and decided to post there, but it required me to make an account for the same! Thus my name, which has lasted for two years (unless you count the mystery box but w/e) was created! I tried laddering very hard on the excellent BW OU Ladder, which only resulted in frustrations and failure. I decided to not ladder and thus failed to achieve reqs. Meanwhile the PS! forums had been created, and being the curious user I was, I decided to post there... let's just say a lot (over what I have now on these forums!!!!). Still surprised I wasn't banned from there, haha..

After XenForo rolled out and the forums were new n' shiny, I decided to check out what SMOGON RMT had to offer (this section in particular had interested me from the previously mentioned forum). I posted in what seemed to be a collection of excellent teams to chime in (only to find out that this was the RMT archive and some of those were a year old and permissions were messed up so I could post (in my defense, they were on the first page)). I quickly racked up infraction points as mods deleted my posts and I reposted thinking that it was some internet problem (i couldn't see that my post was deleted and no one contacted me ok). After my third infraction point or so I think, tab PMed me telling me not to post there, which I complied to, only to be banned a day after for what I can only assume was an incoherent post. However, I did meet people such as Superpowerdude during this time who still are good friends of mine :3 I think it was when I got involved with LC and he was a really helpful dude and always fun to talk to. I joined #dogbirds one day and met a lot of fun guys, especially Don Honchkrorleone who recently quit (RIP ;_;). I returned to the shadows of PS! and those forums before being unbanned here around july.

I still was pretty terrible though, and racked up a few more infractions for various shitty RMT posts and the like. after a second pm from tab, having renewed determination to be an Excellent User, I decided to join in on a few OU discussions (still terrible RIP) and the Contributions and Corrections forum. Apparently I only noticed the analyses subforums and not the guide resources so I flopped my first LC analysis as well as a BP Celebi analysis that I took over from jc104 (still remember the SDS message ahahahah). I improved though, managing to get top-tier BW OU Pokemon Rotom-C through C&C and uploaded, with many more to come after. I had been a pretty terrible poster in the joint social forums (before the cong firebot split) and after the split checked out the forum to see what it was about. I quickly managed to get myself called out for being terrible as well as liking about every post ever. Around this time, sandz, skylight, and a few others PMed me in order to help me out in C&C/GP and in general as a user, making user: GatoDelFuego my mentor. I still didn't learn quickly, though, so user: v removed my ability to like posts. Flash forward a few months, I got into GP after asking feedback from literally every GP member I knew ever. I wasn't exactly the best user back then (this was about January 2014) but I still got my pre-contributor badge. I'd made many great friends until now who are always fun to talk to and a lot of whom are still active and contributing to the site. I think that I was a pretty controversial user regardless and I just got tired of Smogon as well as having my tenth grade exams that year for which I needed to study D: I quit around April having a Contributor badge, ready to move onto Dota 2 and Clash of Clans (I'm not kidding, although I find that game trash now and literally impossible to play seriously). I'm still a dota noob D:

I returned around December, three months before my exams for some reason that I still won't understand. I'd just heard of The Player and wanted to casually contribute and play ASB; we all know how that turned out... I contributed to the Smog and the Player as well as some random c&c stuff, as well as got a bit involved with Mentorship (I didn't know that the program was in a dire state, RIP Mentorship). It was fun helping out newer guys in C&C and GP. I also got skype in February thanks to user Don Honchkrorleone, and came back full force when my exams ended before the end of March. I got involved with PU which had got its subforum when I first started playing it, and it felt nice to win a teambuilding competition and get involved with a great community. Lately I've been playing DPP/ADV and they are really fun tiers to play with decent versatility and room for innovation.

Okay so now that I've made anyone who bothered read that wall:

The team

Shaymin seemed like a cool mon to build around because of the pressure that Seed Flare drops provided. Fakes said that Lefties w/ Leech Seed was really cool to force switches and not rely only on Seed Flare (against something like stall, 8 pp is really annoying). It was pretty much a monster w/ Spikes support, so I decided to pair it w/ Forry which could spin away hazards that were quite annoying to my team. Lucario and Swampert were added as a late-game sweeper to take advantage of Shaymin's wallbreaking potency and a reliable SRer that checked ttar and electrics, respectively. I don't really remember the whole process but having a tran never hurts and Scarftran is a good revenge killer for shit like Adamant DD Gyara I've always liked, while this team had no "lead" so I decided to use zapper which provided and electric and a loom check (seriously, fuck that thing, it's the most annoying thing ever).

I used it partly to get to r4 of saturday's Smogon Tour fwiw before being defeated by tamahome, and held off posting this as I really wanted to put a score to this team. Meh.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

There's a reason why almost every team runs an Electric check: this thing. It has a good combination of power and bulk, being able to check things like Machamp and Breloom while firing off surprisingly strong Thunderbolts and hitting most stuff hard with its coverage moves. I really didn't find a great EV spread for this, as for other mons, as I haven't actually fuond a spread that really benefits me while not taking away too much in other departments.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Shaymin is pretty strong, to say the least. This thing is my weapon vs. full stall as Seed Flare drops + hazards are REALLLY annoying and even without hax on my side, this thing has great coverage and good bulk, allowing it to make huge holes in the opp's team. Yes, 8 PP sucks and all, but this thing is a countermeasure vs. bulky Waters like Suicune (at like ~75% it OHKOes with +1 Ice Beam; you can put spdef/hp evs for that I guess but the speed is rlly nice).

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

It's honestly hard to quantify this thing on paper, but in practice we all know what it does; set up sr, pivot, phaze, throw out moderately strong attacks here and there, and generally be annoying as fuck. It's great to have a 100% counter to DDtar and a fire resist for the ever-present heatran, while Rocks are pretty much mandatory for any DPP team lol.
badabing explains it really well here.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Lucario is a great late-game sweeper that you generally don't reveal unless ESpeed is your ONLY way out (and chances are you've screwed that up if you let it come to that). Close Combat hits REALLY hard especially late-game when one SD along with lack of faster bulkymons like gliscor means GG. could run ice punch because gliscor is an annoying shit, but zapper pert and shay deal with it :o. i just thought of using bp to fuck over gengar, might be worth a shot considering crunch isn't all too useful generally.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse

Heatran is a great Scarfer imo, Fire Blast is great to batter down most offensive teams that have one or two switch-ins and this hting just cleans face in case you manage to get rid of them. I'm not sure why I have DPulse but revenge killing DNite and Flygon is nice I guess. Heatran does a bunch of things for this team: It provides a solid revenge killer while providing a check to a bunch of threats in the meta such as Celebi and Jirachi, being a good failsafe that's easily one of the top 3 mons in the meta.

tl;dr this is what i do for the team

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

This thing is actually quit good on offense, having defensive utility while setting up key layers of Spikes that help Shaymin demolish shit. Explosion helps me destroy Gyarados as a defensive countermeasure, while not letting most stuff switch in for free and being powerful in general. also maintains momentum. The rest of the set is standard pretty much. Hidden Power Ice can be used for Breloom although you need investment to OHKO defensive loomer anyway ;_;.

Importable:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
- Close Combat

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Dragon Pulse

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion

Replays:

I'm not sure if there are many replays that showcase this team's effectiveness well but here are at least a few for reference I guess.
vs. Floppy
A close one vs. Echo of my soul where there was a fair bit of RNG
vs. Fakes

Finally, here are shoutouts to a bunch of people I've met that have helped me or just been great friends. I do realize that I come/came across as obnoxious at times and I really appreciate all the help that I've received. a lot of relatively old guys/bw qc ppl as well as skype dudes and people who are friends n_n

Sorry if I forgot anyone on here, you guys know who you are :)

Conclusion:

So, yeah, I have holidays atm and will continue to keep playing in tours and the like. I do have to prepare for engineering exams which I hope to be able to balance with this website and don't really want to quit considering the great community and all the friends I've made in my time here :D It's been a great ride so far, and I do hope to continue it.

As for the team itself, it's not one that I've RMTed to "put to rest" because it obviously has some flaws (loomer weak, etc.) that can be fixed. I could probably do a better job with this but you have 3Ks for that!!!!

EDIT- Here's the new importable:
Heatran @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 156 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback
- Explosion

you can try jolly crunch luke, life orb tran, etc. i'm not really sure what's the best but there are many variations for sure

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I still didn't learn quickly, though, so user: v removed my ability to like posts.
OML THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING LMFAO

On a more serious note, I'm happy to see your progress, bud, I remember those old times and how you have gotten 3 badges faster than I could even write an analysis and I'm really proud of that. Just don't die and keep it up.

Placeholder, some things off the top of my head though:

Shaymin with 3 Atks+Leech Seed is kinda dumb, it's trying to mix the offensive and defensive sets but really doing neither. My advice would be to run Protect over Earth Power, as Tran gets stomped pretty hard by this team (and Protect+Seed annoys it quite a bit too), as Protect allows you to scout moves, and rack up Leech Seed damage as a lot of the things annoyed by it get worn down easily (esp because the things you can't touch (DNite, Zap), will go for an attack, you can just block it and annoy them). If you do that I'd also use a bulkier spread, cut Speed EVs to 180 (to creep neutral-base 90s), and go max HP with Modest, or speed creep on +Speed base 90s with a similar amount of bulk. Should work I promise.

If you want to hit DNite+Flygon with ScarfTran, HP Ice is better than DPulse because x4 Super Effective. Also gets decent chip on Grounds.

You're kinda weak to Jolly Gyara/Bulky DD (I know max Speed Adamant is the standard but I for one prefer bulk over power). HP Grass SpecsDos, Mixed Nape with GK+MP, WoW Gengar, and ofc Loomer as you mentioned can all be annoying as well, but you can play around them with good judgement and a little luck. Overall though good team from a pretty decent player, grats on the 2K.

LilOuOn thanks man :)

Lord Ninjax

Yeah I see what you mean; I was contemplating changing the Shaymin set because although Leech Seed was really neat, it sorta felt weird using it. I'll defs try out protect as you mention. I'm not sure why exactly I had DPulse but HP Ice does sound good. Easier to take advantage of, but DPulse isn't exactly the best move either.

I really disagree w/ max HP shay though; while the speed benchmark you suggested is pretty good, 252+ Modest is really nice for the wallbreaking power that you can get vs. offense and stall (firing off Seed Flares on free turns is rlly nice). I'll try out some stuff here and there, thanks for the rate!

btw explosion tran and explosion forry prove to be pretty useful unless subdd gyara which is sorta hard to play around

edit- also not outspeeding speedy gliscor sucks on shay so i might tinker further w/ that. idk though if i have that much speed the hp evs seem useless

Last edited:
don't worry about sub dd gyara, that set came about in bw to screw with rotom's volt switches. the only time it's ever seen in dpp is in the lead spot with lum. very rare. very french.

bp on luc also hits scarftar but he's not much of an issue, whereas bulky rotoms - that happen to completely wall forretress trying to get a spin off - are. jolly luc doesn't like bp either since it needs to do as much damage as possible to gengar/the aforementioned scarftar/the occasional aero. of course keeping crunch isn't exactly a fix for the rotom problem, so I would slot in payback over gyro ball on forre, whose main uses are covered by pert (ddtar, aero, sometimes nite/gon [who can be boomed on worst case]) and zapdos + shaymin. payback also helps screw with starmie. btw attack on forret is useless, gyro ball or no gyro ball, and it really likes spdef investment. I think you'd be best off with relaxed, max hp and sdef (the physical bulk will be more than enough).

now forret flailing away with payback certainly helps but you'd be in an even better position if after weakening the rotom you could safely switch in to it and continue to dish out massive damage. at first glance you might look to be ok here since heatran loves eating the willowisp, which is almost required to guard against pursuit tar switches and wear down forret in the event it stays in for spikes, since tbolt doesn't do much thanks to the sdef. however, being scarfed, it will often fail to really bring the pain. I would change it to a lo set, which is often forgotten nowadays but after the dragons were banned it was every stall team's nightmare and it is just as terrifying nowadays. blissey can be exploded on, which opens up shaymin, and if there isn't a blissey then everything in sight is getting absolutely shredded by blast/ep/hp grass. you can run taunt in the last slot if that's more your speed, still messes with bliss and prevents dudes like vappy/milo/sdef zap trying to 1v1 from healing. hell you could even use specs, whose overheat melts all in sight although that requires a bit more prediction around sdef tran stall and takes away a mon that'd otherwise be safe entry after it switched into forret's spin since it can protect and switch accordingly.

so with this change, you've lost a lot of speed, although I personally think scarftran as a dd gyara/nite check is retarded anyway. I think you should change zapdos to a scarf rotom. this obviously gives you a spinblocker to go with your multiple hazards (and can unexpectedly screw with people who are really anal about taking pert's rocks away as soon as he sets them up), although I don't recommend chucking him in as soon as the spinner comes in every time because that's the easiest way to get trapped and make life a whole lot harder for yourself - mix it up a little, throw the other guy off balance. that said, you aren't gonna want him to get trapped easily, so I think a hydro + wisp set with bulk is the way to go here, trick or hp ice in the last slot is your call. anyway spinblocking isn't the main reason I had him in mind, it isn't even the safer gyara/nite revenge killer. it's the fighting immunity and lack of sr weakness. right now, switching into a lucario or infernape close combat is pure death, track 4 from swedish death metal band vomitory's 1996 debut album. this gives you an option against it. with ape you'll want to be careful since it uses u-turn a lot, so that along with the fact that its close combats hit significantly less harder than luc's makes swampert is a nice initial switch, although beware of grass knot (which rotom also makes an excellent pivot into!). luc + pursuit tar is the oldest trick in the book, but again, WoW. you could also theoretically go to your own luc on either the crunch or the tar/tran switch if you've got massive balls and are willing to bet that they're running adamant...

I agree with ninjax about max hp shay, but I have a different idea in mind for it, which will also keep the wallbreaking power you want from it. I would run substitute over protect/earth power alongside toxic spikes as the hazard of choice on forretress. with ts, 101 subs for blissey stoss, leech, and having counters that aren't spinners (and even if they are, easiest spinblock of your life), you will absolutely terrorize stall - yeah you could do this with protect, but hiding behind subs makes it much more hard for them to even touch you, it's the same principle behind breloom being such a cocksucker to fight. this isn't just an anti stall measure though! it will also help against all sorts of offensive heatrans. for example an hp grass tran, like the common passho set, is just a complete dick. it's not common to see ep alongside it if it's got sr but you can't rely on that, plus it could be a boom set without rocks, and you don't really want to pivot out of pert into luc just to threaten it out since luc's your lategame sweeper. tran'll most commonly come into shay early on - you get a sub up on that switch and you're good to go. if it manages to come in on flare/hp without a sub and you're absolutely sure it's not scarf, you can sub on the obvious sr (they might scout for earth power too!), then leech seed and start annoying the fuck out of it, whereas the protect set would be dead in the water, I mean fire. I'd advise caution with using forret early on since it can't pull any of these cutesy tricks, perhaps eq over boom would help (this can also chip away at hp ground superachis who you don't want pert going head-to-head with). if it's not an sr variant and is just attacking away, you'll almost certainly forced to pull that pert --> luc thing, although you can switch out of that pretty safely and perhaps leave your opponent with some uncertainty of your set (he might think agility if he sees forret [extra hazards to make up for lack of power from swords dance], for example). of course fire blast does have 80% accuracy and 8 pp so you might be able to play the odds on a good day.

with rotom over zap, I'd lead tran. pert is cool too since it gets t1 rocks against zap (hp grass is dumb, I'd be so thankful if people started running zapdos walled by gliscor) but no one uses lo/specs tran lead anymore (used to run overheat for champ but sash ruined that) so you might get a cool surprise kill turn one on opposing pert and more importantly you'll be much better off against azelf leads, whose kinds of teams tran generally doesn't do so hot against anyway so no worries if it leaves a dent. plus against rachi leads if you're feeling an occa sr set you can switch to pert as they over-eagerly hp ground and get your sr immediately (gk is non-existent because special rachi walled by skarm is retarded, it'll have tbolt - you can also go forre if you'd like to get ts early), but it doesn't ohko unless lo (again, was a thing for champ and had its purpose defeated by sash) so you can stay in and blast away (specs overheat kills through occa jsyk, same for metagross) and be safe in the event that it's a scarf set u-turning out.

to summarize:
- forre becomes payback / spin / ts (or spikes if you want overall reliability although ts are potentially game-ending) / eq (or boom), max hp/sdef relaxed
- zap becomes bulky scarf rotom with hydro + wisp
- tran becomes lo and leads off, specs is an alternative, consider overheat on the lo one as well
- shay becomes a max hp subseeder, might want to make it timid to make sure it beats max speed rotoms which it ties with right now and can't outrun with hp fire while packing a neutral nature. with the leftover evs you can throw some investment into sdef for ice beams, you generally won't need the power.

good luck man, you've come a long way. nice team

BKC the changes do seem pretty great (it's amazing how many teams are TSpikes weak hehe), although it's annoying having a Forry that can't hit TTar effectively making it DDTar bait (it's minor but a Swampert lure + DDTar is annoying). It's still great for Starmie/Gengar though! I'll probably test the other changes over the next few days to see how the changes work. Thanks for the rate!

Btw, how much HP does bulky Scarf Rotom need? The only relevant benchmark I found was 32 for Lucario.

Thanks for the kind words btw!

edit- i'll run the evs below then

Last edited:
128 with Timid is the benchmark I run, outruns Adamant Gyara and DNite at +1, along with LO Aero (not that you need to beat the latter, but it only costs 4 extra EVs so may as well take it. Rotom-W is really neat for this team as it patches a lot of the weaknesses I mentioned (Bulky Gyara, Zap, Nape), and is overall an amazing glue mon for any team.

Oh just an update: I'm using Ninjax's spread suggested above, also i'm trying out specstran > LO tran as well as other changes like spikes > tspikes on forry (tspikes i find a bit inconsistent). will update the OP soon.

Hello Kingler,,,,,solid team,but does Zapdos really match well against toher leads? Such as the ubiquitous Occa Berry Metagross/Lum Machamp,etc? Also minor nitpick but you might try Rest Shaymin as in your own words its your main stall breaker :s,one other thing I find slightly weird is no spinblocker,and tbh Forry gets spinblocked quite easily by either of Gengar/Rotom-H or W without Payback,so I'd actually suggest you try out Starmie. If only to keep up offensive tempo and get off spins more easily. You can even tweak Starmie to adequately check +1 Dos,it does anyway even with 4/252/25 iirc but :s,I think you should keep ScarfTran because you appear to have very few countermeasures versus opposing setup sweepers such as Lucario(not that Lucario set up on anything here but Forry lol),I also thought I might mention a gen 3 throwback,in EQ Forry to nail Magneton on a predicted switch :S,just another thing for you to try out :O,,,by engineering exams you probably mean IIT-JEE right? gl if a scrub like me can get thru the first paper sure you can o3o. Hope you liked the rate :s

Also last thing,bulky ScarfRotom-W or H indeed sounds like a good idea here...maybe that over ScarfTran to give you a Gyara check+Luke check/general revenge killer in one slot? It doesn't really matter though cause iirc Scarf Tran gets the jump on standard +1 Gyara and can b00m on it :s. Also ADV OU is indeed amazing and I would love to have a few games against you,,,,if you ever wanna that is..also RU is trash srsly fuck that tier ;;

Master Sunny-EX i actually forgot to update the OP with all my changes because that will take a while, a lot of those changes i have made
also ya thats what i mean by engineering n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)