Lord Jesseus vs. Limewire in the Rotting Junkyard! (ref=mewtwo15026)

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

NO COMMENTING UNTIL WE'RE DONE HERE.

Lord Jesseus said:
Ok I'm going to work my Pokemon to the bone and go for my maximum allowed amount of battles.

3v3 Singles
DQ Time : 2 days
2 Recovers / 5 Chills

A hazardous junkyard. All manner of trash litters the area providing ample cover but equally as many hazards. A smoky haze smothers the field; while not thick enough to obscure vision it is toxic enough to potentially sicken (posion) those that inhale it.

And after all my battles are complete I can evolve all of my pokes...

Abra(*) [Tau] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

HP: 80
Atk: (-1)
Def: *
SpA: ***** (+1)
SpD: **
Spe: 90

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Synchronise: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Magic Guard (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Attacks:
Teleport(*)

Encore(*)
Light Screen(*)
Knock Off(*)

Psychic(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Charge Beam(*)
-----------------------

Machop(*) [Sigma] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: **** (+1)
Def: **
SpA: * (-1)
Spe: 35

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally.
Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.

Attacks:
Low Kick(*)
Leer(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Karate Chop(*)
Ankle Sweep(*)
Foresight(*)
Seismic Toss(*)
Revenge(*)
Vital Throw(*)

Ice Punch(*)
ThunderPunch(*)
Fire Punch(*)

Payback(*)
Bulk Up(*)
Rock Slide(*)
----------------

Gastly(*) [Iota] (Female)
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: * (-1)
SpA: ****
Spe: 92 (+15%)

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Spite(*)
Mean Look(*)
Curse(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Night Shade(*)
Sucker Punch(*)

Explosion(*)
Will-O-Wisp(*)
Disable(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Sludge Bomb(*)

Limewire said:
Accept.

Switch = KO
No items
All abilities allowed

Gible [Chomper] (Female)
Nature: Naughty

Type:

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

HP: 100
Atk: *** (+1)
SpA: *
SpD: * (-1)
Spe: 42

Abilities:
Sand Veil: This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Rough Skin (DW): When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent. (DW)

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)
Outrage(*)
Scary Face(*)
Iron Head(*)
Earthquake(*)
Roar(*)
Dig(*)

Staryu [Shuriken] (Genderless)
Nature: Timid

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

HP: 90
Atk: * (-1)
SpA: ***
Spe: 98 (85 * 1.15^)

EC: 0/4

Abilities:

Illuminate: At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.

Natural Cure: This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analyze (DW): If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Harden(*)
Water Gun(*)
Rapid Spin(*)
Recover(*)
Camouflage(*)
Swift(*)
Bubblebeam(*)
Minimize(*)
Gyro Ball(*)
Ice Beam(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Surf(*)

Magnemite [Thundah] (Genderless)
Nature: Quiet
Type:

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: **** (+1)
Spe: 39 (45 * 1.15)

Abilities:

Sturdy: This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.

Magnet Pull: This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.

Analyze (DW): If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy. (DW)

Moves:
Metal Sound(*)
Tackle(*)
ThunderShock(*)
Supersonic(*)
SonicBoom(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Spark(*)
Electric Ball(*)
Lock-On(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Flash Cannon(*)
Volt Change(*)

---

All manner of trash litters the area providing ample cover...

*There are lots of protruding junkpiles, each about 7.5 feet from the next. Treat them as Subs that use the weakest HP/Def/SpD on the field. In the event that a Junkpile is KO'd, the remaining damage hits whatever's hiding behind it.

---

...but equally as many hazards.

*The Junkpiles have the abilities Poison Point and Liquid Ooze. Getting dropped, thrown, or knocked onto a Junkpile increases the attack's damage by 20% and applies it to both colliding parties.

---

A smoky haze smothers the field...it is toxic enough to potentially sicken those that inhale it.

*With every Round comes a 5% to 35% chance to Haze Poison each Pokemon. This works like Normal Poison, except it stacks. The first Haze Poison does 2 per action; adding Haze Poison on top of other Poison increases the damage by 1. If a Pokemon's Energy is above 75% at the end of a Round, the Haze Poison damage decreases by 1.

*Pokemon that don't breathe (anything genderless) or are otherwise immune to Poison are immune to the haze.

*The formula for Haze Poison chance is:
(100 - Current Energy ) * .3 + 5
100 E = 5%
75 E = 12.5%
50 E = 20%
25 E = 27.5%

ORDER OF EVENTS:

LJ sends out a Pokemon.
Limewire sends out a Pokemon and submits actions.
LJ responds with his Pokemon's actions.
mewtwo15026 posts the before/after with yummy flavor added to taste.

LJ acts, Lime responds, M15026 flavorizes. Lime's turn.

The pattern repeats until a Pokemon is KO'd, in which case its Trainer posts the switch-in and the action sequence resumes as normal.

May the best man (and 'mon) win! :toast:

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Limewire sends out Thundah the Magnemite!

Okay, to start things of, if Abra uses Teleport, change your action immediately to Lock On. If he uses Light Screen, change your action to Metal Sound.

Anyways, start off with a Thunderbolt, followed by Flash Cannon. If Abra attacks during the third action, use Volt Change to dodge it. Otherwise, finish with a Thunderbolt.

Ok start off with Teleport and entice him to use Lock On. He can aim at you all he wants and probably more; follow up with Encore so he keeps his eye on you without actually doing anything. None of your attacks are particularly effective so Charge Beam and hope for a boost.
Teleport~Encore~Charge Beam

Good afternoon, ladies and gents! I'm Mewtwo...

...and I'm Raichu, and we'll be your commentators for this contest.

So who's on the field today, Raichu?

Today we have a battle between the great Lord Jesseus and the crafty Limewire in the Rotting Junkyard!

Rotting, indeed. That stench is worse than Stunky juice!

That's coming off those piles of crap. They're good cover, but I wouldn't want them any deeper than skin level. You don't know what could be crawling around on them.

Yeah, and since it's in the air, too, you don't want to find yourself out of breath. Yesterday, I ran up one of the walls to get a better view of the stadium? BAD IDEA. Didn't wake up until about 20 minutes ago.

Great job, dipstick. Hey, it looks like the Trainers are calling out their Pokemon! Let's bring up the stat screens:

Abra(*) [Tau] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

Atk: (-1)
Def: *
SpA: ***** (+1)
Spe: 90

Abilities:
Synchronise: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Magic Guard (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Attacks:
Teleport(*)

Encore(*)
Light Screen(*)
Knock Off(*)

Psychic(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Charge Beam(*)

Magnemite [Thundah] (Genderless)
Nature: Quiet
Type:

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: **** (+1)
Spe: 39 (45 * 1.15)

Abilities:

Sturdy: This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing damage from an opponents attacks by one (1) damage. The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) damage.

Magnet Pull: This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions.

Analyze (DW): If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy. (DW)

Moves:
Metal Sound(*)
Tackle(*)
ThunderShock(*)
Supersonic(*)
SonicBoom(*)
Thunder Wave(*)
Spark(*)
Electric Ball(*)
Lock-On(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Flash Cannon(*)
Volt Change(*)

Well, from the looks of it, the scale's not tipped in Tau's favor It's got power and mobility, but nothing it has'll do much to Thundah.

I've seen stranger victories before, though. The one that comes to mind is Pikachu vs. Rhydon in Cinnabar Volcano. It all depends on the skill of the Trainers.

. . .. ... ..... ........ ..... ... .. . .

Commands are out, and the battle is under way! Tau kicks things off by Teleporting around the stadium!

Dear Arceus, I can't even follow it! All I see is a white flash here and there! Looks like Thundah's gonna have a tricky time with it, too--

Nope, wait, Thundah has Locked On to Tau! A reticle seems to be following Tau around the arena, even Teleporting as it does! That's going to be trouble if Thundah fires off a big attack.

Tau seems a little too happy about this turn of events, though--see? It's doing a happy clappy dance!

Mewtwo, it seems that Thundah just received an enthusiastic Encore!

That explains why it just used Lock-On again; the reticle's not growing any brighter. You can always count on a Psychic-type for quick thinking!

...Not quite always, Mewtwo.

...?

Never mind. ANYWAYS, Tau fires a crackling Charge Beam at Thundah! It's a direct hit!

Teh. Even so, I've seen plenty of attacks do more damage than that, Raichu.

You'll definitely get to see another one--from the way Tau's crackling, its Sp. Atk has increased!

Aaaand Thundah...just keeps on Locking On! It seems to be back to its senses, though--let's see what sure-hit move it fires at the reticle next round.

SUMMARY:

Tau uses Teleport. -6 Energy.
Thundah uses Lock-On. Thundah locks on to Tau! -6 Energy.
Tau Encores Lock-On. -10 Energy.
Thundah uses Lock-On, nothing done. -10 Energy.
Tau uses Charge Beam. 5 damage, -3 Energy. Tau's Special Attack rose!
Thundah uses Lock-On, nothing done. -14 Energy.

END OF ROUND:

Health = 80
Energy = 81
BOOSTS = +1 Sp. Atk
OTHER = X
~~~~~

Health = 75
Energy = 70
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Locked On to Tau for its next action. Encore has worn off.

LJ, it's your turn to issue commands.

EDIT: Fixed the damage calc for Charge Beam. The attack did 5 damage instead of 4, which isn't exactly a big difference. At least I know how the calculator works now ^_^

Just a nitpick, Magnemite should be on 70 energy; 100-6-10-14=70. I'm not convinced you calculated the damage corectly either but I won't dwell on that...

Ok Tau, that went perfectly despite the low damage. For this turn just alternate between between Psychic and Shadow Ball and hope for the Special Defense Drops. If he uses Lock on or Metal Sound, Encore him once where possible and then continue the normal sequence.
Psychic~Shadow Ball~Psychic

Hey, it's my first time. What should the damage output have been?

ALSO: Fixed the Energy display, sorry about that. 6 + 14 = 20, and 20 + 10 =/= 20.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Use Volt Change to damage Abra and dodge Psychic at the same time. Thunder Wave it as it Shadow Balls you, and use Volt Change again to damage it and dodge the last Psychic.

Volt Change ~ Thundah Wave ~ Volt Change

P.S. dual commentary FTW

\m/ THUN-DAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! \m/

Health = 80
Energy = 81
BOOSTS = +1 Sp. Atk
OTHER = X
~~~~~

Health = 75
Energy = 70
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Locked On to Tau for its next action.

Welcome back, sports fans! We return from the brief commercial break to see Thundah floating high in the air! I'd say that that's a
Psychic attack coming from Tau!

Even though Thundah resists the attack and doesn't seem to be in much pain, it's clear that the attack's taking its toll. You really have to be on one end of that attack before you can appreciate its crippling power.

...And Thundah comes plummeting out of the sky! This could be trouble--

Look what it just did!

Thundah fired a searing Volt Change to break Tau's concentration and escape from the fall, rolling around and levitating to its normal distance from the ground!

You can't really dodge a skilled Psychic attack, but with enough skill, you sure as heck can break out of one!
A brilliant play by Limewire, and that attack certainly didn't do Tau any favors; it doesn't seem to know where Thundah is! Maybe it should open its eyes for once!

Does it really need to, though? I doubt it--that Shadow Ball looks like it's zig-zagging straight for Thundah! And it connects and explodes for massive damage!

Textbook description of a critical hit, Raichu--remember, kids, make your Shadow Balls wobble a bit as they fly. That's how the masters do it.

From the lingering shadows, Thundah fires a Thunder Wave straight for Tau! And it's not teleporting away from that--
Tau's been paralyzed!

That cancels out Tau's Speed advantage and also messes with its nervous system; a debilitating blow for a Psychic-type!

Thundah's rolling right up to Tau--and with a deafening crack and the smell of plasma, Thundah's kicked into the air by another Psychic attack!

Tau can't hold its focus too well when half of its body is numb, but it still can put a nasty spin on Thundah--it's revolving faster than a Voltorb bowled by a Machamp!

Thundah's falling--and it shoots a Catherine's wheel of electricity out of its eye, slowing its fall, tearing up the field, and blasting Tau onto its back!

I've got to say, Raichu, that's the most utterly epic Volt Change I've ever seen!

Yes, kudos to Thundah the Magnemite! I doubt even I could top that.

You know, Thundah's a pretty epic name, too. It's the kind of name that's best yelled through a megaphone.

Oh, Lord, Mewtwo, don't even--

THUN-DAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

...Oww, my ossicles...

Tau uses Psychic. 71% hits. 9 damage, -7 Energy.
Thundah uses Volt Change. 11 damage, -5 Energy. Lock-On is gone.
Tau uses Shadow Ball. A critical hit! Thundah's Sp. Def fell! 11 damage, -6 Energy.
Thundah uses Thunder Wave. Abra was paralyzed! -7 Energy.
Tau uses Psychic. 40% hits. 6 damage, -7 Energy.
Thundah uses Volt Change. 11 damage, -5 Energy.

Tau's Charge Beam boost wore off!
Thundah's Sp. Def drop wore off!

END OF ROUND 2

Health = 58
Energy = 61
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed. Next to a pile of crap.
~~~~~

Health = 49
Energy = 53
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Filled with hubris from the commentary. Floating above another pile of crap.

Limewire, it's your turn to issue commands.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Good God, the RNG hate us!

Thunderbolt ~ Flash Cannon ~ Thunderbolt

If Abra uses Light Screen, then use Metal Sound instead. If it fires off a Shadow Ball, use Volt Change to dodge it.

Should Abra's Synchronise paralyse Magnemite after Thunder Wave? Its immune to electric type paralysis but im not sure Synchronise counts under that category, even if it is inflicted by Twave. But Im not sure on that.

I am pretty sure that Magnemites SpDef Boost shouldn't have worn off yet.
Single stage boosters/drops will be balanced by locking the boost rate in for the round, e.g. if you Howl once, you will not lose the +1 boost at the end of the round, it will carry over to the next round.
Stat Boosters/Drops recieved on the second action drop/restore towards 0 at the end of the third action of the next round.
Sorry to be nitpicky, I understand its your first time. I just like to check up on things, and I don't like to lose... :D

Anyway, Tau. I want you to jump behind the pile of junk while firing off a Psychic. You're faster so you should be able to get behind it before he attacks. Then fire off a Charge Beam from behind cover. Then, if the pile has been destroyed, Teleport behind another pile. Otherwise Psychic its ass.

Psychic~Charge Beam~Psychic OR if Cover is gone Teleport

EDIT: Thunder Wave causes Electric-type Paralysis. However, Synchronize only passes on the condition, not the means of causing it. So yes, Thundah is now Paralyzed.

EDIT, part deux: I was looking for that stuff that you posted, LJ. By that logic, Magnemite still has -1 Sp. Def, and it will through this round.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Update coming.

END OF ROUND 2

Health = 58
Energy = 61
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = 25% Paralyzed. Next to a pile of crap.
~~~~~

Health = 49
Energy = 53
BOOSTS = SpD -1
OTHER = Sync Paralyzed. Floating above another pile of crap.

Good morning, Vietnam, and welcome back to the battle in the Junkyard! It seems that, over the break, Thundah began showing signs of paralysis!

Yes, Mewtwo, that's from Tau's Synchronize ability.

I hate that ability. I always forget about it until it's too late.

Me, too, Mewtwo. Tau crawls behind a pile of God-knows-what to hide.

Given its condition, that's not a bad idea. Especially with its low defenses, Tau needs all the help it can get. Can't smell that great, though...

Thundah readies an attack--and it rockets into the air, coming down just as fast!

Another brilliant Psychic from Tau, Raichu, and this one took full effect! Thundah is crackling with energy left over from the attack.

No, Mewtwo, that's its own--and with a flash and a crack, a Thunderbolt blasts apart the junkpile, leaving Tau exposed!

If that had hit Tau, it would have been a critical hit for sure!

Lucky for him, it wasn't. Tau seems to be preparing electricity of its own, but it suddenly seizes up and loses its focus! It's fully paralyzed!

Man, that's tough. I hate it when paralysis screws up my strategies. Thunder Wave is one of the best counters to glass ninjas like Abra.

The paralysis also leaves it open to whatever Thundah decides to do…and a brilliant green Flash Cannon illuminates the field and flattens Tau!

A dazzling performance, indeed, Raichu—I’m STILL seeing spots!

I’m not seeing Tau, though. Hang on, there he is, behind another pile of trash!

Tau seems to have Teleported while we weren’t looking! Man, it’s a blink-and-miss move! (Course, these spots make it difficult to see anything…)

…And Thundah fires an arcing Thunderbolt smack into the garbage in front of Tau! Ugh…I can pick up the stench of fried garbage up here in the box!

Dear. LORD. That stinks to the Distortion. It’s like a Skuntank sat in a fire…

Whatever that is that’s burning doesn’t seem to be doing Tau much good, either—it seems to have been poisoned!

Tau’s not the only one…blrgl…

Now’s a good time for a break. Check our website in a few for live streams of my colleague here puking into a can.

JUNKPILES: 20 HP / * Def / ** Sp. Def

Tau's Synchronize paralyzed Thundah! It may be unable to move!

Tau uses Psychic. Tau is behind a Junkpile! 13 damage, -7 Energy.
Thundah uses Thunderbolt. A critical hit! Tau's Junkpile took the attack! 20 damage, -7 Energy.
Tau's Junkpile fell apart!
Tau tried Charge Beam, but it was unable to move!
Thundah uses Flash Cannon. 14 damage, -4 Energy.
Tau uses Teleport. Tau is behind a Junkpile! -6 Energy (it moved 2 meters).
Thundah uses Thunderbolt. Tau's Junkpile took the attack! 16 damage, -7 Energy.

The haze in the stadium poisoned Tau! 2 damage per action!

Thundah's Sp. Def returned to normal!

END OF ROUND 3

Health = 44
Energy = 48
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed. Next to a pile of crap.
~~~~~

Health = 36
Energy = 35
BOOSTS = X

LJ, it's your move.

Sorry if Im annoying you btw. Limewire is welcome to look up errors which benefit him too if he wants. :D
Ok Tau as a general rule, try and stay between Magnemite and a pile of junk. At the start of any action, if you are not near a pile of junk then get to one, dropping the current action for Teleport if necessary, and when you do have one make sure he doesn't come from behind - walk around the pile of crap as he appraches.
Anyway, I'm thinking start off with a Psychic, then Charge Beam, and then another Psychic. Hopefully we'll get some boosts or drops somewhere.

Psychic~Charge Beam~Psychic
Drop action for Teleport if unprotected.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
A stall war, eh? Two can play at that game!

Alright Thundah, go duck behind that pile of crap you are next to for cover. If there is no shelter, use an evasive Volt Change to dash to the nearest one. Anyways, do the same thing we always do- Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt!

Thunderbolt ~ Flash Cannon ~ Thunderbolt

If you have no shelter, use an evasive Volt Change to dash towards the nearest one.

Health = 44
Energy = 48
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and Poisoned. Next to a pile of crap.
~~~~~

Health = 36
Energy = 35
BOOSTS = X

Hello again, sports fans! Now that Mewtwo’s brushed his teeth, we can continue our coverage of the—whatcha got there, Mewtwo?

Oh, nothing. Just a something cocktail I found behind the set.

…You mean, you’re drinking it, and you don’t even know what it is?!

Basically, yep!

I yi yi…Anyway, Tau starts the round by lifting Thundah into the air with
another Psychic attack!

Thundah may be behind a Junkpile, but (
slurp) as long as Tau has some sort of idea where it is, it can’t hide from telekinesis!

Before Tau can slam it back down, Thundah arcs a
Thunderbolt right into the smoldering pile of trash, blasting it apart and shocking Tau out of its focus!

An unexpected jolt for Tau, but to be fair, that seared garbage didn’t look too healthy, either.

Now exposed, Tau abandons its prescribed plan and
Teleports behind another stack of debris. Neither of the two look healthy.

With both paralysis
and poison acting on it, Tau’s not going to have an easy time taking down Thundah.

Right you are, Mewtwo, but Thundah’s got a bit of a problem, itself—
it’s paralyzed and can’t move!

That’s good for Tau—its Junkpile will live to see another round of battle!

Tau takes the opportunity to reach behind the trash in front of it and
Psychic Thundah into the air! Before it can take too much damage, Thundah fires a Thunderbolt into the Junkpile in front of Tau!

No damage to Tau, but the thunderclap seems to have snapped its focus, saving Thundah from a good deal of damage.

And as we head into our next break, the score's about even: each of our competitors has the same amount of health left. However, while Thundah's a bit lower on Energy, Tau is poisoned and slowly losing its health!

Hey, Raichu, I figured out what this cocktail is: it’s just a blend of premium Berries. Try it, it’s good.

Oh. Um…OK. What kind of Berries?

If my remaining taste buds are correct…Tamato, Spelon, Nomel, and Durin.

I know; the blend left me speechless, too.

Tau uses Psychic. 40% hits. 4 damage, -7 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)
Thundah uses Thunderbolt. Tau’s Junkpile took the attack! 4 damage, -7 Energy.
Tau’s Junkpile fell apart! 12 damage to Tau!
Tau uses Teleport. Tau is behind a Junkpile! -6 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)
Thundah tried Flash Cannon, but it was unable to move!
Tau uses Psychic. 63% hits. 6 damage, -7 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)
Thundah uses Thunderbolt. Tau’s Junkpile took the attack! 16 damage, -7 Energy.

END OF ROUND 4

Health = 26
Energy = 28
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and Poisoned. Behind a smoldering junkpile.
~~~~~

Health = 26
Energy = 21
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and drained. Behind a fresh junkpile.

Limewire, you're up.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
Good lord, I have to watch my energy meter more carefully! Rinse and repeat I guess:

If Abra will not use Encore: Metal Sound ~ Thunderbolt ~ Flash Cannon
If Abra does use Encore: chill (restores 12 energy IIRC) ~ Flash Cannon ~ Thunderbolt

Remember, use an evasive Volt Change instead if you are not behind a pile of rubble to dash to the nearest one. Also, if Abra gets within 5 feet of you, change your action to Supersonic instead.

Ok Tau start off with Psychic. Then encore it to force it to continue chilling. Follow up by chilling yourself.

Psychic~Encore~Chill

Health = 26
Energy = 28
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and Poisoned. Behind a smoldering junkpile.
~~~~~

Health = 26
Energy = 21
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and drained. Behind a fresh junkpile.

Welcome back to Limewire vs. Lord Jesseus in the Rotting Junkyard! My colleague, Raichu, has regained her voice enough to continue commenting on the battle.

Remind me never to accept anything from you again. Ever.

…Anyway, it looks like our competitors are looking to begin a stall war; however, with Tau’s Psychic attacks able to reach around Thundah’s pile of trash and the poison wearing Tau down, I doubt it’ll be terribly effective.

Even so, this one’s about over. As Thundah cools down behind its pile of trash, Tau sears it with another Psychic plasma attack! And this one looks painful!

I believe that was a critical hit, Raichu, and a big one at that. Thundah doesn’t have much more left in it.

Thundah continues to chill for energy, biding its time behind the trash…

Wait, where’s the applause coming from? We don’t have a studio audience, do we?

No, we don’t, Mewtwo—Tau has given Thundah an Encore! Taking comfort in the sound of applause, Thundah continues to chill for energy!

It definitely doesn’t seem to know where the cheering is coming from, Raichu. While it can’t do any damage, it’ll be able to do whatever it wants once the Encore loses effect.

Now Tau’s doing the same thing—hunkering down behind its smoldering wall of debris and chilling for energy at the same time as Thundah!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Raichu—do you suppose this is part of the Encore presentation?

…no, Mewtwo, I think he’s just tired.

How?! The thing sleeps 18 hours a day! Might be hung over…

You’d be the expert.

Hey, that was my first time, all right? My liver was still a virgin!

…AAAAAND after 3 energy-restoring chills, Thundah’s Encore is over!

Next turn will probably be the last, Raichu. Both competitors are down to their last shreds of health—Thundah more so—and one powerful attack could be the deciding factor!

We’ll find out—after the break!

Tau uses Psychic. A critical hit! 13 damage, -7 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)
Thundah chills. +12 Energy.
Tau uses Encore! Thundah’s chill received an Encore! -10 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)
Tau chills. +12 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)

Thundah's Encore ended!

TAU:
20 HP
21 Energy

THUNDAH:
13 HP
57 Energy

END OF ROUND 5

Health = 20
Energy = 21
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and Poisoned. Weary, even for an Abra. Behind a smoldering (4 HP) junkpile.
~~~~~

Health = 13
Energy = 57
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and wounded, but raring to continue. Behind a fresh junkpile.

LJ, it's your move. Your next action could decide the fate of the game.

Ok Tau there's not much fight left in you. But there's not much left in him either.

Psychic~Shadow Ball~Psychic

By my calcs this should finish him easily.

Limewire

PRESS R TO WIN
is a Contributor Alumnus
WHY DO THESE NVE ATTACKS DO SO MUCH DAMAGE. LORD JESSUES IS USING AN ACTION REPLAY.

Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunderbolt!

Can you two commentate my next battle? You're better comic relief than Mewtwo and Raichu!

I post a detailed summary of every round just above the sprites.

See that? That's Tau.

Health = 20
Energy = 21
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and Poisoned. Weary, even for an Abra. Behind a smoldering (4 HP) junkpile.
~~~~~

Health = 13
Energy = 57
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = Paralyzed and wounded, but raring to continue. Behind a fresh junkpile.

Welcome back to the battle between Tau the Abra and Thundah the Magnemite!

In case you’re just tuning in, stay tuned to see the next matchup; this one’s basically done.

Don’t say that, Mewtwo; you never can tell with Pokemon!

I can all right with these two. Look at them and tell me that you think either one of them’s gonna last past next round!

…And Tau, as is his style, reaches around Thundah’s protective junkpile and Psychics it into the air!

(I thought so…) While it can’t do as much damage as it could if it was a clear shot, a completely mental attack can hit around obstacles as long as the user has an idea of where the target is.

As we’ve seen, Mewtwo is right for once. Thundah seems set to respond; it’s charging up electricity…but what happened? Did it overload itself?

No, I think the paralysis got to it, Raichu. Stinks for it, too—that could have been the deciding blow.

Oh, that does make sense. Tau retaliates by firing a pulsating Shadow Ball!

Hmm…this one isn’t zigzagging. Probably a testament to how tired Tau is!

The attack dissolves into the pile of trash behind which Thundah is readying its next attack!

It looks like it’s gonna be a Thunderbolt, Raichu! Tau had better hope its wall of filth can hold up!

Thundah fires, and the blast of electricity arcs right through the Junkpile, blasting it apart and illuminating Tau!

Yikes, I saw Tau’s skeleton for a second there! THAT, folks, is how you tell when an Electric attack lands a critical hit!

Tau’s flat on its back now, clearly worn out by the blow.

Wait a second—he’s pulling himself up to a sitting position! He looks like he’s about to fire one last attack! Tau raises his hand—

--and suddenly seizes up from paralysis, keels over, and passes out! Tau is unable to battle! What an end to an epic battle!

Tau fought well, but its lack of a particularly effective attack against Magnemite did it in. If this was still 15 years ago, I think it’d have taken Thundah down for sure.

Indeed it would have, Mewtwo. But it’s now, so it’ll have to settle for a close defeat. Well-fought, indeed, Tau, well-fought, indeed.

So now we wait for LJ to send out his next Pokemon!
Tau uses Psychic. 88% hits. 9 damage, -7 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)
Thundah tries Thunderbolt but is unable to move!
Tau uses Shadow Ball. Thundah’s Junkpile took the attack! 12 damage, -6 Energy. (2 Poison Damage)
Thundah uses Thunderbolt. Tau’s Junkpile took the attack! A critical hit! 4 damage, -7 Energy.
Tau’s Junkpile disintegrated! 15 damage to Tau!
Tau tries Psychic but is unable to move! (2 Poison Damage)

Tau has been KOed!

END OF ROUND 5

Rode the lightning to a KO.
~~~~~

Health = 4
Energy = 50
BOOSTS = X
OTHER = On its last...appendages. Paralysis has been shaken off. Its protective Junkpile looks even sicklier than usual.

(If you're wondering how the Paralysis wore off, it says in the Audit that it's a temporary condition. I didn't make it wear off Tau before due to all the lightning flying at it. Now that it's KO'd, though, it makes sense to me that its Synchronization with Thundah ends.)

Amazing battle, both of you. Thundah gets a KO Counter; although Tau strictly speaking succumbed to poison damage, Thundah did most of the damage. Besides, I feel charitable.

LJ, send out your next Pokemon. Then it's Limewire's turn. (Although, if it's easier for LJ to act right away, work that out between yourselves.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)