Battle in progress - NO POSTING!

Format: 3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 2 Days
Restrictions: 2 recovery moves, 5 chills

Clauses:
Switch=KO
One Ability
Items Disabled

The Arena is a sizeable (about 50 metres in diameter) crater from some explosion or meteor impact. Rough but unscalable walls surround the entire area. The ground is a loose mixture of gravel and sand with tufts of grass spread about the place with no particular pattern. Water trickles down one side of the crater into a small pool about 10m wide and 1.5m down at it's deepest point, at the very edge of the crater. It is noon, so the sun is shining directly into the crater. There is nothing in the way of cover; no trees have grown since the unknown impact and any rocks were ground into dust. Also, I don't have insurance for this arena, so BE CAREFUL...

Lord Jesseus, as the Match Seeker you have the honor of sending out your first Pokémon, stating your 1 ability for use in this match.

Rightio I'll send out Iota the Gastly who, I have reluctantly decided through a rough process of hypothetical analysis and complex mathematical formulae, will be utilising the Levitate ability.

I send out my trustworthy Tiamat (Deino)

Just to open dances, cripple him with Thunder Wave. Then, fire off a couple Dark Pulses.

Thunder Wave - Dark Pulse - Dark Pulse

Ok Iota we're at a clear disadvantage here but don't let that get to you.
Start off with a Sludge Bomb and prey for poison. Then since you'll be slower than him for sure thanks to paralysis, use Disable after his first Dark Pulse to prevent the second. As he struggles with his disabled move, follow up with a Confuse Ray to keep his head spinning even more! However if for whatever reason Disable fails (parahax...) follow up with a second try. Dark Pulse is dangerous to you so you don't want him spamming you with it.

Sludge Bomb~Disable~Confuse Ray OR if Disable failed, Disable

Oh and if at all possible could you give a breakdown on how much damage each attack does?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor

Abra(*) [Tau] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:

HP: 80
Atk: (-1)
Def: *
SpA: ***** (+1)
SpD: **
Spe: 90

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Synchronise: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Magic Guard (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Attacks:
Teleport(*)

Encore(*)
Light Screen(*)
Knock Off(*)

Psychic(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Charge Beam(*)

Machop(*) [Sigma] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: **** (+1)
Def: **
SpA: * (-1)
Spe: 35

Abilities:
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally.
Steadfast (DW): (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.

Attacks:
Low Kick(*)
Leer(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Karate Chop(*)
Ankle Sweep(*)
Foresight(*)
Seismic Toss(*)
Revenge(*)
Vital Throw(*)

Ice Punch(*)
ThunderPunch(*)
Fire Punch(*)

Payback(*)
Bulk Up(*)
Rock Slide(*)

Gastly(*) [Iota] (Female)
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: * (-1)
SpA: ****
Spe: 92 (+15%)

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Spite(*)
Mean Look(*)
Curse(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Night Shade(*)
Sucker Punch(*)

Explosion(*)
Will-O-Wisp(*)
Disable(*)

Thunderbolt(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Sludge Bomb(*)

Deino* (Tiamat) (F)
Nature: Timid (Attack reduced by *; A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +5% flat increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 Accuracy becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks.

Type: Dragon/Dark
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use more devious Dark-type attacks while attracted. Revenge and Vengeance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats
Atk: ** (-)
SpA: **
Spe: 44 (38*1.15, rounded up)

DC: N/A

Ability:
Hustle (Can be enabled): This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the base damage of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Attacks:
Bite(*)
Crunch(*)
Dark Pulse(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Dragonbreath(*)
Earth Power(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Head Smash(*)
Headbutt(*)
Incinerate(*)
Roar(*)
Tackle(*)
Thief(*)
Thunder Wave(*)

Gastly* (Cyric) (M)
Nature: Modest (Attack reduced by *; Special Attack raised by *).

Type: Ghost/Poison
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: * (-)
SpA: ***** (+)
Spe: 80

Ability:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
Confuse Ray(*)
Curse(*)
Energy Ball(*)
Haze(*)
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Mean Look(*)
Night Shade(*)
Perish Song(*)
Scary Face(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Spite(*)
Sucker Punch(*)
Thunderbolt(*)

Nohface* (Mask) (M)
Nature: Jolly (Special Attack reduced by *; A 15% increase in Base Speed [Rounded Up] and a +5% flat increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 Accuracy becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks.

Type: Steel/Ghost
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Stats:
Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: * (-1)
SpD: ***
Spe: 11 (10*1.15)

EC: 0/4

Abilities:
Levitate (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:

Curse(*)
Dig(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Featherdance(*)
Iron Defense(*)
Leer(*)
Lick(*)
Meteor Mash(*)
Odor Sleuth(*)
Psycho Shift(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Scratch(*)
Shadow Sneak(*)
Will-O-Wisp(*)

Lord Jesseus OOO
Iota (F)

90 HP / 100 EN
Sludge Bomb~Disable~Confuse Ray​

VS

Zarator OOO
Tiamat (F)

90 HP / 100 EN
Thunder Wave - Dark Pulse - Dark Pulse​

Hello and WELCOME to the crater. Nice amount of rocks, which Tiamat greefully crushes under her foot as she pops out. Floating over the rim of the crater and into the centre, Ipta floats in, using her levitate ability. But Tiamat's not ready to hustle, as we have the complimentary insults bewteen the 2 female mons. And ouch, I think someone got related to one of these rocks being cruched under my foot, as the pair of ladies start their engines.

Iota uses some raw speed and coughs up a vulgar mix of chemicals and acids. An impressive feat for something made of gas to be honest, but Tiamat disagrees. Shaking the sludge off her face, she builds up static charge and launches the blue blurr. Hey, you know when mothers say that if you frown your face ends up always looking like that? Well, that also goes equally well for Gastlies, who gets her (Ugly) mug frozen in place by paralysis.

Tiamat now charges up a Dark Pulse, and unleashes it on the unsuspecting Iota. Iota's body gets shredded by the evil power by the Critical Hit, but it doesn't stop her from delving into her memories. Resisting the urge to look at memories from Tiamat's 18th birthday, Iota quickly erases the memory of dark pulse.

Iota follows up by trying to launch off a blast of rainbow light, but goofs up and instead in Paralysis only looks like she's posing for a Picasso Painting. Meanwhile, Tiamat scans her memory to find another copy of that Dark Pulse, but goofs. THAT was a great use of time.

Lord Jesseus OOO
Iota (F)

64 HP / 88 EN
Boo!

Par 25%​

Zarator OOO
Tiamat (F)

75 HP / 88 EN
Reading: Amnesia for Dummies

Dark Pulse - Disabled 5 Actions​

Lord Jesseus, your move.

First of all, I loled at the commentary. Good job!

Now, on with the real deal. Tiamat, stop concerning about your lost memories, you'll recover them faster than you can say "Ulysses' syndrome". Pick your teeth with Gastly's ethereal form (I know you can).

Bite - Bite - Bite

Let's see what 25% paralysis * 30% flinch can do^^

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Feel free to pick up a new ref - I've came down with a mild dose of the flu, and it's making reffing a nightmare.

And we're off again for Round 2!

Iota lets off a Sludge Bomb that surprises a charging Tiamat. The ball of poison lands smack dab in the middle of Tiamat's face but she shakes it off. She then moves in and delivers a devastating Bite to Iota.

Iota lets out a bit of a moan which energizes her opponent. Tiamat then attacks quickly with a second Bite which causes further pain to Iota. The ghostly ball then skirts away and shoots out a ray of light at Tiamat. The small dinosaur looks deeply into the Confuse Ray and is inflicted with a slight headache.

However, Tiamat is not about to let her confusion cloud her thoughts. A third Bite inflicts even more damage on Iota. However, Tiamat can feel herself exerting more energy than usual just to get that third Bite in. Iota realizes this and lobs another Sludge Bomb at her opponent. And it connects with Tiamat's eyes, resulting in a critical hit! The pair back away from each other slowly, licking their wounds.

Gastly [Iota] (F)
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid

Health: 25
Energy: 72%
Boosts: None
Other: Paralyzed (20%)

Deino [Tiamat] (F)
Ability: Hustle
Spe: 44 (+15%)

Health: 42
Energy: 67%
Other: Dark Pulse (Disabled 2 Actions), Slight Confusion (1 Action)

Put an end to his sufferings, Tiamat. Bite him twice as hard as you do, then once your amnesia goes off, Dark Pulse him into a restless sleep.

Bite - Bite - Dark Pulse
if Confusion or anything else prevents me from using one of my Bites, I will still Dark Pulse on the third action no matter what.

Round 3:

Tiamat begins charging for Iota, looking to deal some serious damage. Iota closes her eyes and... oh dear, paralysis has just kicked in! This would give Tiamat enough time to deliver a devastating Bite to Iota... but she missed Iota and slams into a wall instead because of her confusion! Iota smiles faintly and closes her eyes once again. A loud BOOM! echoes around the arena as rocks and dust goes flying.

The dust settles and Tiamat is left standing, clearly in some pain. Iota is lying on the ground, fainted, thanks to a large Explosion.

Iota fainted!

Gastly [Iota] (F)
Ability: Levitate

Health: 0
Energy: 28%
Other: Fainted

Deino [Tiamat] (F)

Health: 15
Energy: 64%
Other: Dark Pulse (Disabled 1 Action)

Lord Jessuss, please send out your next Pokemon. Then zarator will issue his moves and you will reply.

Machop, eh? Well, Switch = KO means you'll fight to death, Tiamat. Make this Machop get a taste of the Dragon Tyrant! Smack him around with your breath, and make earth itself blast under your enemy's feet!

Earth Power - Dragonbreath - Earth Power

Well apparently, unless I'm failing the damage calculator, even your weakest fighting move should finish him off Sigma. So let's just Karate Chop him and be done with it. If that somehow fails, Low Kick.

Karate Chop~Low Kick

Round 4:

As soon as Sigma is released from his Pokeball, Tiamat fires an Earth Power at him. It hits Sigma and knocks him over but the little muscleman gets up and delivers an incredible Karate Chop with a critical hit to faint the Deino. Sigma then stands there and looks proud.

Machop [Sigma] (M)
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
Atk: **** (+)
SpA: * (-)
Spe: 35

Health: 91
Energy: 98%
Other: None

Deino [Tiamat] (F)

Health: 0
Energy: 56%
Other: Fainted

Same thing as last time but LJ and zarator, your roles are switched.

Time to send out Cyric, my Gastly!

Gastly* (Cyric) (M)
Nature: Modest (Attack reduced by *; Special Attack raised by *).

Type: Ghost/Poison

Stats:
SpA: ***** (+)
Spe: 80

EC: 2/6

Ability:

Attacks:
Confuse Ray(*)
Curse(*)
Energy Ball(*)
Haze(*)
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Mean Look(*)
Night Shade(*)
Perish Song(*)
Scary Face(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Spite(*)
Sucker Punch(*)
Thunderbolt(*)

Ok Sigma, your fighting attacks are pretty useless here, so let's not bother with those. We'll try starting with Payback. After that let's boost up a little with Bulk Up. Then strike him with another Payback. If he uses Hypnosis, close your eyes so it won't affect you, even if this will prevent you from attacking (although I see no reason it would stop Bulk Up)

Payback~Bulk Up~Payback

edit: Btw are you sure Earth Power did 19 damage?that seems way too high, by my calcs its only 9...

Cyric, crush his mind with Confuse Ray. Then fire two Shadow Balls in rapid succession.

Confuse Ray - Shadow Ball - Shadow Ball

[/B]edit: Btw are you sure Earth Power did 19 damage?that seems way too high, by my calcs its only 9...
My bad, I have 9 written down in my Notepad as the final damage but took off 19 for some reason (I do my calcs in my Notepad and c/p to here). I'll change that now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)