Big Lord of the Rings Mafia - Game Over! Forces of Sauron Win!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Disclaimer: I do not own the script or the story of the Fellowship of the Ring, or of any of the Lord of the Rings novels or movies. Because Circus Maximus is definitely notable enough so as to warrant the attention of New Line Cinemas Inc...

‘The world has changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the great rings. Three were given to the elves, immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of men, who above all else desired power. For within these rings was bound the strength and will to govern each race.

But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the dark Lord Sauron forged in secret a master ring, to control all others, and into this ring, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life.

One ring to rule them all.

One by one the free lands of Middle Earth fell to the power of the ring.

But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of men and elves marched against the armies of Mordor and on the slopes of Mount Doom, they fought for the freedom of Middle-earth and tacos.

Victory was near...but the power of the ring could not be undone. It was in this moment when all hope had faded that Isildur, son of the King, took up his father's sword...Sauron, the enemy of the free peoples of Middle Earth, was defeated.

The ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy Evil forever. But the hearts of men are easily corrupted, and the ring of power has a will of its own. It betrayed Isildur to his death...and some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend, legend became myth and for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge until, when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer.
The ring came to the creature Gollum, who took it deep into the tunnels of the misty mountains, and there...it consumed him. The ring brought to Gollum unnatural long life. For five hundred years, it poisoned his mind...and in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited.

Darkness crept back into the forests of the world. Rumour grew of a shadow in the East, whispers of a nameless fear, and the ring of power perceived. Its time had now come. It abandoned Gollum...but something happened then the ring did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable: a Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins of the Shire. For the time will soon come when Hobbits will shape the fortunes of all...’

1. 1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours, though if discussion is lively and contested then I will extend days up to 72 hours; I will not extend past this no matter what, however, as I do not want this game to drag on. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Stealth lynching (lynching someone right before the deadline so that no one can react to it prior to deadline) is discouraged but allowed; I will attempt to make deadlines around 7 PM EST so that users from all timezones can (hopefully) be online for deadline if need be.

4.5. If there's a tie, neither user with the highest number of votes will be lynched.

5. During the daytime all forms of Outside Communication, or OC, are banned. This includes but is not limited to forum PMs, use of Google Documents’ comment function, or IRC usage. If a group of users has a shared Google Document I will allow viewing of it during the daytimes by multiple users consecutively but you may NOT make edits and you MUST keep the cursor in the top-left cell at all times. No secret handshakes or codes, if I suspect people are taking advantage of this I will ban viewing of sheets during the daytime altogether. Additionally, use of a cipher in communicating results to other players is banned; if you wish to have a prearranged code that is fine, but it must be fully self-contained within the post and therefore crackable. All codes must be run by me or Da Letter El before you use them.

6. Each night will have a deadline of 24 hours. During this time OC is both allowed and encouraged. The game will start on Night 0, during which time all actions other than killing actions will be allowed. It is perfectly fine to submit actions via IRC BUT if I do not respond then assume that I have not received the action. Please submit actions in the Role PM conversations sent to you at the game’s start if there is any question as to whether I received it. It is also fine to submit actions to Da Letter El via IRC if I am not around. I may extend deadlines up to 48 hours for night time communication if people have made a legitimate effort to contact those who they wish to, but if you are simply just getting around to contacting someone a full day into a cycle I am unlikely to extend. Remember that many users will not have a role to use at night, so I do not want this phase dragging on. If you have a role, I expect you to be on top of using it and to be able to send in a target in a timely manner.

7. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed. They should be mostly obvious, however.

8. If you idle in this game I will give you a nudge, and then sub you out. If you are a notorious idler (you know who you are), I might skip the nudging phase.

9. Be careful who you trust, as even inspection results will not be infallible. This game was designed so as not to work very well with a traditional village leader system. Everyone will have to contribute via forwarding discussion in the main thread and outside of it if Middle Earth, the ‘village’, expects to win.

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction. None can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate — this one doom...the Ring.’’

‘The Doom of Men.’

The Forces of Sauron need only this Ring to cover all the lands of Middle Earth in a second darkness.

The war for the freedom of Middle Earth is just beginning.

Middle Earth is the village faction. This means they are a large, uninformed majority.

The Forces of Sauron is the mafia faction. This means they are a small, informed minority.

Finally, it appears there were a few early casualties this game…

You are a Soldier of Gondor.

You are a simple fighter who has lived under the shadow of Mordor your entire life. You aren’t sure of much, but you know that you will give your life to defend your homeland if it comes to it.

You have no night action. However, if more than half of all living Soldiers of Gondor vote for the same person during a given day, that person will have one additional vote levied on him or her.

You are allied with Middle Earth. You win if all threats are eliminated.
You are a member of the Rohirrim, the Riders of Rohan.

You are a farm hand from the sweeping lands of Rohan, but your king, Theoden, has summoned you to battle. You will do what you can in this fight.

You have no night action. However, you may vote during the day and, if all living Rohirrim vote for the same person during the day and that person is not lynched, your band will ride that person down and impale him or her with a spear at the end of the next night, thus killing him or her. However, your band has a limited supply of spears, and so this will only work once every two days.

You are allied with Middle Earth. You win if all threats are eliminated.
These two valient warriors had apparently died fighting this loathsome beast:

You are an orc.

You are a foot soldier of Mordor, and will fight to the last for your Lord Sauron.

You have the same voting power as all other orcs, as detailed in your team’s PM.

You are allied with the Forces of Sauron. You win if all threats are eliminated.
UncleSam said:
You may individually vote for a member of the Forces of Sauron to be immune to one kill or lynch over the upcoming cycle once every other night. In other words, the orcs may vote for one of you to become immune to one death between Day 2 and Night 2 on Night 1, but may not do so again on Night 2 if you did so on Night 1. A majority of the living orcs must cast a vote in order for this protection to come into place the next cycle.
Updates:
Night 0
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5
Night 5
Day 6
Night 6
Day 7
Night 7
Day 8
Night 8
Day 9
Night 9
Day 10
Night 10
Day 11
Night 11
Day 12
Night 12
Day 13
Night 13
Day 14
Night 14
Day 15
Game Over
[url=http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lord-of-the-rings-mafia-game-over-forces-of-sauron-win.3511055/page-45#post-5684884]Postgame
[/URL]

Playerlist:

There were 43 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Living: (2)

1. Upside=>Ditto - Orc - Survived - Won
2. macle=>Bass - Orc - Survived - Won

Dead: (41)
1. THE_IRON_KENYAN - Rohirrim - Middle Earth - Lynched Day 1
2. RODAN - Gimli - Bodyguard - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 1
3. Agape - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Devoured by a Spider Night 1

4. Acklow - Orc - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 2 - Won
5. x16bit=>anhlong1122=>Yeti/jumpluff - Orc - Forces of Sauron - Strangled Night 2 - Won

6. vonFiedler - Smeagol - Wolf Duo - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 2
7. UllarWarlord - Shelob - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 3 - Won
8. jalmont - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 3
9. penguin344 - Witch-King of Angmar - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 4 - Won
10. Celever - Orc - Forces of Sauron - Summarily Executed Night 4 - Won
11. Ditto - Saruman - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 5 - Won

12. reyscarface - Eomer - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 5
13. LonelyNess - Faramir - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 5

14. Blue_Tornado - Orc - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 6 - Won
15. LightWolf - Gandalf the Gray - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 6
16. Eagle4 - Aragorn - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 6

17. Bass - Gothmog - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 7 - Won
18. Flamestrike - Theoden - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 7
19. Rextreff=>Reinfleche - Rohirrim - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 7
20. Aura Guardian - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Lynched Day 8
21. imanalt - Legolas - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 8

22. xenu - Samwise Gamgee - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 8
23. Nachos - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Lynched Day 9

24. Soviet - Orc - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 10 - Won
25. ginganinja - Rohirrim - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 10
26. zorbees - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 10
27. Paperblade - Frodo Baggins - Middle Earth - Lynch Strangled Day 11

28. billymills - Sauron - Forces of Sauron - Strangled by an Ancient Power Night 11 - Won
29. theangryscientist - Rohirrim - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 11
30. Metal Sonic - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Lynched Day 12
31. Slim Guldo - Rohirrim - Middle Earth - Strangled by an Ancient Power Night 12
32. YAYtears - Rohirrim - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 12
33. Cancerous - Wormtongue - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 13 - Won

34. askaninjask - Orc - Forces of Sauron - Strangled Night 13 - Won
35. imperfectluck=>Bass - Orc - Forces of Sauron - Lynched Day 14 - Won
36. TheSwagger - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade infused with Ancient Power Night 14
37. Pidge - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Strangled Night 14
38. TheGottemer=>Nachos - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 14
39. Swamp Link=>infinity.cypher=>PokeguyNXB=>ginganinja - Soldier of Gondor - Lynched Day 15

40. Walrein=>Steven Snype - Gollum - Wolf Duo - Stabbed by a Morgul Blade Night 15
41. Mithril=>LonelyNess - Soldier of Gondor - Middle Earth - Endgame'd Day 16

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All PMs have been sent out. You may now speak freely about the game. Deadline for Night 0 will be 10 PM EST (GMT -5) July 6th. In other words, 24.5 hours from now. I may extend this if people express a need to communicate with others through Night 0, but I expect I will not and that the first Day will start tomorrow.

If there is any confusion about roles please do not hesitate to contact both myself and Da Letter El.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I will be gathering claims! Should I actually get some traction, I will attempt to lead da village.

I am Bilbo the Mayor.

I gtg soon, so PM me a claim if you feel comfortable giving it!

Also I don't see a reason to claim to Ullar, his role isn't that provable, isn't necessarily town, and the rules say village leader probably won't work. I especially see no reason to claim to someone Night 0, when we won't even be able to talk to him during Day 1 due to the setup.

Nah I believe Ullar. It's a closed game, Bilbo Baggins will be a character, Bilbo is the protagonist of the series and there have been no counter-claims.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
good morning all.

I'd be mroe than happy to prove it tomorrow, but so we can get mobilized quickly, I'd like claims. At the very least, role names would be nice.

I didn't claim to Ullar because approaching this game as a NOC game is more fun than the usual village leader thingy. Besides, as this a NOC game, power roles really should use their own wits to target scum instead of foolishly exposing themselves.

See, I'm contributing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)