Lord Scalgon's Artwork of Mass Destruction

Well, I've been lurking to the Smogon forums since December 2007 and...well, I apologize for the extremely low post count, mainly because I really didn't have much to say/post. Not only am I a competitive battler, but a talented artist as well. I first started learning to draw ten years ago back when I was in eighth grade in middle school (I was 14 back then), and I started drawing because I was extremely bored in class. Since that time, numerous ideas popped in my head. I wanted to use my artwork for any games that use these images, but the problem is that I'm not a CG artist...but anyway, in this thread, I'm here to provide you what I have drawn from the past to present:

(some images lead to my art in deviantART...so yeah)

Original bosses:
Scalacite (my personal summon. Its entourage of Scalspawns can probably inflict more damage than he will.)
Genocannon (one of my most lunatic designs ever. Took me at least 4 hours to design this, and it finally paid off. Emerging this beast is a test of survival and endurance - an epic battle, I should say.)
Drakxus [1st form] (My very own version of Death. Except...the name of this boss is Drakxus. Great for a final boss)
Drakxus [2nd form] (Drakxus' 2nd/final form. His array of catastrophic attacks may bring its foes to their knees. Attacks 4x at the same turn.)
Arc Harrier (Misfortune awaits to those who are inept at dodging his uncanny diving techniques. Its ability to lock on to a target and dive head on makes this boss a threat to be dealt with.)
Venacelia (One of my female friends' requests for a celestial beast that suits her, and this boss just works)
Starplexia (...you know, if you stick a Starmie to this thing...but anyway, known as the Mastema symbol of pestilence, its precise aim and quick reflexes renders this monstrosity a tough-nut-to-crack.)
Armasindra (I'll think of a cool description one day.)
Vestrivicus (I'll think of a cool description one day.)
Magnaflayer (Resembles a butterfly...in a way. But still, it's something that one should not be deceived upon.)
Astralon (And God said - let there be light.)

Original bosses that needs a name:
Boss 1 (looks evil when the image is inverted, in my opinion. This took a while to draw my own original boss robot.)
Boss 2 (Some...unnamed dragon boss. An unlucky individual who is slashed by its chaotic scythe will be burned to oblivion.)
Boss 3 (Some tri-Gunner boss. I thought of one boss from Final Fantasy 7, so I decided to twist some ideas into my own, and this is what I came up with.)
Boss 4 (Some guardian robot. Its armament of frag missiles and a gigantic positron beam can blast its prey to smithereens.)
Boss 5 (Some demon monster I drew. I thought of Beelzebub from Final Fantasy II (Origins), then that brought up an idea, in which I drew this...demon. Has no resemblance to Beelzebub whatsoever, since this was all original.)
Boss 6 (This is 7 years old...but at least this is worth something. Scary face + fists of fury = win. As of today, I can't seem to draw fists correctly while drawing it freehand...unlike this one, which I did. Maybe I'm a little rusty after all, but some of these old artwork makes me nostalgic, too. o.o)
Boss 7 (Some...psychedelic...abominable...monster I drew?)
Boss 8 (I'll think of a cool description one day.)
Boss 9 (Craziest boss I drew of 2011...so far. Still needs a cool description.)
Boss 10 (When I thought of a deadly flower, I thought of this.) [Not scanned]
Boss 11 (I wouldn't be surprised if there are Staryu/Starmie references, but that did not come into my head in the making of this image) [Not scanned]

Non-original artwork (but done freehand):
Mad Cat Mk. II [Mechwarrior] (I've always been a fan of this mech. Took me another 4 hours to design this freehand, and I'm proud to have completed this.)
Daishi [Mechwarrior] (Unlike the Mad Cat Mk.II, the name of this mech is Daishi, and is from the Mechwarrior series. Pretty powerful, but slow as hell... >_>)

Photoshop work:
Protoss Plasma Shield (...or so it seems.)

Anyway, that'll do for now. I'll post more later if people are looking forward to my artwork (of mass destruction).

Wow those drawings look incredibly detailed and it seemed like you spent a lot of time on these.

Don't ever apologize for not drawing Pokemon, it's not even recommended to draw them here on Smogon.

Nice job!

These are amazing :D The mech reminds me of Metal Gear.

Like Nip said, you don't have to apologize for not drawing pokemon, there are plenty of artists here who don't.

Thanks, guys! :) *awaits more responses from other people

As for the apology, well...I know there's others that draw Pokemon, and others that don't draw Pokemon, and I'm not one of them. What's funny is that if I draw a cheap-looking monster, the others that critique it will think it's a Pokemon, which...isn't good.

Oh, and the mech is from the Mechwarrior games. The rest are from my original ideas (in case someone tries to steal it, they're already in my deviantART profile. =\ )

Scalacite looks incredible, real good stuff on here. You tried Pokemon drawings? They are simpler than most of your work so it should be easy for you.

Thanks, guys! Makes me want to draw more...but I'm all out of ideas...at this time... >_>

i love your drawings alot ,i espacaily love genocannon.

good job!
I thought like a lunatic before I was able to draw this beast. Even when I look to that day, I'm all like, 'Just...how did I come up with this?' I drew that four years ago, and I was 18 when I drew this piece of art.

Scalacite looks incredible, real good stuff on here. You tried Pokemon drawings? They are simpler than most of your work so it should be easy for you.
Scalacite took the same amount of time as Genocannon when I drew it. I've always wanted it to be a part of my game, since this was one of my original ideas as well as my very own personal summon. I still haven't decided how I'll draw a Scalspawn, though. As for Pokemon drawings, I haven't attempted to draw one...and better yet, I'm unable to draw any Pokemon freehand. I know they're simple to draw, but I'm not really confident when it comes to drawing them without looking at the Pokemon art/sprites...

As for new art...I still have quite a number in my album that I haven't posted here...

I do not claim this idea to be mine. Unlike the Mad Cat Mk.II, the name of this mech is Daishi, and is from the Mechwarrior series. Pretty powerful, but slow as hell... >_>

Tri-Gunner boss. I thought of one boss from Final Fantasy 7, so I decided to twist some ideas into my own, and this is what I came up with.

A guardian robot (no name). Its armament of frag missiles and a gigantic positron beam can blast its prey to smithereens.

If I have more, I'll scan them and post them here.

Very nice art and immense detail. Great job! Though Daishi's head is tilted. If it's meant to be like that (which it probably is) ignore his comment.

Oh, and this:
can blast its prey to smithereens.
is pretty awesome.

Yay! New art is fun.

The Daishi looks powerful, but slow as you said. Very menacing.
The tri gunner reminds me of a battlestation.
And the guardian robot kind of reminds me of a battlesuit. It very well could be.

As always, great job on the art ^_^

ahh all the new art is awesome,keep up with the great work!

the guardian robo is now my new favorite art in this thread ^.^

Thanks again, guys!

If it's meant to be like that (which it probably is) ignore his comment.
I'm pretty sure Daishi's head is meant to be tilted. If you want to see other images of Daishi, well, here's one.

After searching my portfolio for any of my decent art, I stumbled into two more artwork that I originally drew. Hopefully I can find more on the way...if not, well, that's fine anyway.

Some demon monster I drew. I thought of Beelzebub from Final Fantasy II (Origins), then that brought up an idea, in which I drew this...demon. Has no resemblance to Beelzebub whatsoever, since this was all original.

This is 7 years old...but at least this is worth something. Scary face + fists of fury = win. As of today, I can't seem to draw fists correctly while drawing it freehand...unlike this one, which I did. Maybe I'm a little rusty after all, but some of these old artwork makes me nostalgic, too. o.o

Oh, and the symbol on the top of its face is originally made by me...though I had friends that told me that symbol resembles something that could be crafted as a weapon.

i really loved the demon monster but the one with the fists face looks creepy
as if its wearing a mask of a dragon

again nice job

i really loved the demon monster but the one with the fists face looks creepy
as if its wearing a mask of a dragon

again nice job
I drew the picture with the fists 6 years ago...and to be honest, I'm not really quite sure how I got the idea. It isn't really a mask, but the face was built-in within the robotic figure itself.

But yeah, thanks!

(I don't know if it's just me, but back in my high school days, I used to have tons of creativity, but as of now, in other words, my college days, my creativity is almost dwindling. I guess you tend to lose creativity when you get older? I could be wrong, though...)

You fucking rock because you draw mechs.
And don't wine about Daishi being slow until you drive an Atlas, same fucking weight but like half the speed, and half the firepower.

You fucking rock because you draw mechs.
And don't wine about Daishi being slow until you drive an Atlas, same fucking weight but like half the speed, and half the firepower.
Thanks! A majority of my artwork are machina-related...and as for the Daishi, I like the mech, since it tanks a lot of attacks from the opposing mechs, and I don't mind it being slow - that's what it gets for being powerful, unlike the Mad Cat Mk.II, which has great maneuverability (but not the greatest). I often had to ride a Daishi in final missions of certain Mechwarrior games. I've never actually rode an Atlas, so I can't really say much about it. Ever since I salvaged a Mad Cat Mk.II, it was always one of my favorite mechs to joyride in.

I do remember I had to ride a Firemoth to achieve the Khan rank in Mechwarrior 2 (not Ghost Bear's Legacy). I was like...what, 8 when I played this? Makes me nostalgic...

Wow, these are absolutely great. Beastly pieces that can attack the eye, and still remain uncrowded and unclustered. Love the work, keep it up.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm really a big fan of that negative piece, though all of your work is incredible.

I'd like to see what would happen if you could render 3d models of your stuff, even if it's just a wish. =]

I've only played MechWarrior 4, and a bit of Mech Assault, which I hated.
I know I have MechWarrior 2 somewhere (my dad loves these games) but I've never played it because it didn't work on the computer.
Atlases are really slow, have alot of firepower (not as much as Daishi or other some other Assualt Mechs), and a fuckton of armor. Taking one down takes forever. I like Mad Cat MkII aswell, so much better then the original, its so much fun having a maneuverable Assault Mech, though I find I often don't have enough tonnage to put on the Jump Jets.
EDIT: I'd actually really like to see you draw a Vulture or Uziel, those are some of the coolest looking mechs.

Wow, these are absolutely great. Beastly pieces that can attack the eye, and still remain uncrowded and unclustered. Love the work, keep it up.
It's all about time and patience, and yet detailed but deadly. :)

I'm really a big fan of that negative piece, though all of your work is incredible.

I'd like to see what would happen if you could render 3d models of your stuff, even if it's just a wish. =]
Most of my artwork are evil things, which explains why they're in the 'negative' side. I have no skill whatsoever in 3D modeling, but I did try to get into that by using Blender, but I fail. :(

Which reminds me, the first game I ever played that involved the use of 3D models is Descent (followed by Descent 2 and Descent 3). I was a big fan of those games, and still a die-hard fan. Unlike some of you, I happen to be an old-school gamer myself.

I've only played MechWarrior 4, and a bit of Mech Assault, which I hated.
I know I have MechWarrior 2 somewhere (my dad loves these games) but I've never played it because it didn't work on the computer.
Atlases are really slow, have alot of firepower (not as much as Daishi or other some other Assualt Mechs), and a fuckton of armor. Taking one down takes forever. I like Mad Cat MkII aswell, so much better then the original, its so much fun having a maneuverable Assault Mech, though I find I often don't have enough tonnage to put on the Jump Jets.
EDIT: I'd actually really like to see you draw a Vulture or Uziel, those are some of the coolest looking mechs.
If I remember correctly, if you still have Mechwarrior 2 intact, you can download DOSBox. That program allows you to play any old school game that you have owned in the past. As for the Atlas, I can see why...it's not the greatest of all mechs, but from what you said, I suppose it could tank out more attacks than a Daishi normally would, but then again, I could be wrong. I really have no need for Jump Jets, since I'm happy anyway running in the battlefield confronting other opposing mechs. It's been like 5 years since I've touched any of the Mechwarrior games, so my memory is quite limited... =\

Currently, I'm incapable of drawing mechs from the Mechwarrior games freehand at this time, but I did made an attempt, and I got the proportions off... >_< I'll need some time to visualize the mechs in some way...

Anyway, as for new art...I did manage to come up with something...

Named 'Arc Harrier', misfortune awaits to those who are unable to dodge his uncanny diving tactics. Its ability to lock on to a target and dive head on makes this boss a threat to be dealt with.

Talk about psychedelic. I have yet to name this boss, but this is by far one of the most psychedelic bosses I've ever created. And no, I wasn't on drugs when I drew it. To be honest, I'm not really sure how I came up with this. All I just did, really, is insert ideas piece by piece...until I came up with this. I don't know how to describe this thing, but extreme death awaits to those intimidated by this...abomination.

Some sword that I drew (that I wished it would be crafted in real life). Even today, I still possess a lot of creativity when it comes to drawing weapons designed for hand-to-hand combat.

Well, that's all I can come with...at least for now. My ideas are beginning to dwindle, but hopefully, I'll be able to come up with at least something...

I really enjoy your art, it reminds me of my middle school years. I would spend so much time drawing stuff for video games like this, swords and bosses and stuff like that. It makes me really happy to see such a similar art style. Keep up the awesome work!

Well, at least Alchemator allowed me to bump this archaic thread, but anyway...I recently got back into drawing (but I don't make a whole lot of updates, though, but yeah), so here it is:

Boss: Venacelia
[One of my female friends' requests for a celestial beast that suits her, and this boss just works.]

No name at the moment, but I'll think of a cool description one day. (labeled as "Boss 8" in the first post)

Boss: Starplexia
[...you know, if you stick a Starmie to this thing...but anyway, known as the Mastema symbol of pestilence, its precise aim and quick reflexes renders this monstrosity a tough-nut-to-crack.]

Boss: Armasindra
[I'll think of a cool description one day.]

Boss: Vestrivicus
[I'll think of a cool description one day.]

Boss: Magnaflayer
[Resembles a butterfly...in a way. But still, it's something that one should not be deceived upon.]

Boss: Astralon
[And God said - let there be light.]

Does not have a name, but is labeled as "Boss 9" in the first post. Craziest boss I drew of 2011...so far. Still needs a cool description.

Well, there you go, and enjoy!

(is still debating whether to post his photoshop collages or not...though credit is given...in other words, the ones in my profile)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)