Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Cotton Guard
- Encore
-Clone- said:
DDNite wouldnt EQ when Extreme Speed exists. Fire Punch is sometimes used as well

+3 252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 196-231 (60.4 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252+ Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 368-434 (113.5 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
These are the wrong calcs. You put the Dnite at +3 instead of the whimsicott.

252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 32-38 (9.8 - 11.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252+ Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 60-72 (18.5 - 22.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Still somewhat skeptical about the set but it looks like it could have some value tbh. (I mostly hate defense boosting cuz crits lol- maybe you could get sub on there somewhere?)

Last edited:
Jirachi is a Mon that has become far more useful in the post aegislash meta. This set is able to check Mega Gardevoir, clefable, latis and annoy stall, although it has to watch out for heatran and gliscor. This makes keldeo an excellent partner as jirachi wears down some of its common sets.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

The premise is simple

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Overheat
- Focus Blast
- Surf/Flamethrower

Boomburst is more or less the only reason to use Exploud. 140 BP, STAB, Specs and Scrappy make it an incredibly spammable move. Overheat hits steel types, especially Ferrothorn and Scizor, very hard. Focus Blast does the same for the steel types that aren't weak to fire like Heatran, and hits rock types like Tyranitar. Flamethrower is the preferred move in the fourth slot to hit steel types without forcing you to switch out afterwards, but Surf can also be used to hit Heatran and rock types without having to rely on Focus Blast's shaky 70% accuracy.

Some calcs to showcase Exploud's power:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 228-268 (31.9 - 37.5%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn: 129-153 (36.6 - 43.4%) -- 98.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 253-298 (69.5 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 16 HP / 240 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 181-214 (52.4 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regice: 127-151 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 138-163 (36 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I know not all of these are relevant in the OU metagame.

These are the wrong calcs. You put the Dnite at +3 instead of the whimsicott.

252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 32-38 (9.8 - 11.7%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252+ Atk Dragonite Fire Punch vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Whimsicott: 60-72 (18.5 - 22.2%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Still somewhat skeptical about the set but it looks like it could have some value tbh. (I mostly hate defense boosting cuz crits lol- maybe you could get sub on there somewhere?)
The set is helpless against Grass types, Clefable, Goodra, most Taunt users and most special attackers. It requires a lot of team support, when normally Whimsicott is the one supporting the rest of the team.

Besides, since Giga Drain is so weak and Leech Seed recovers, on average, 12% HP a turn, you are better off using Leftovers instead of Big Root.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And it is time...again.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Air Slash

Togekiss is one of those mons who recently dropped to UU, mostly because after the Fairy hype the meta kinda shifted against Togekiss with the extreme prominence of Thundurus, Mega Scizor, and the like, plus other Fairies. However, Togekiss still packs some good niches and is a decent Fairy overall, and does have a few other good sets that I might post later, but just one for now. Anyways, Nasty Plot+Baton Pass is truly an excellent combination, and Togekiss is a really good user of the combo and this makes it one of the better solo passers in the tier (along with Scolipede and Smeargle). Togekiss is surprisingly bulky, very few non super effective hits actually OHKO it, and in tandem with Roost, it can live to set up a Nasty Plot boost or two, and pass it to something deadly like Greninja or Mega Ampharos. This is great because many special attackers are extremely scary with a +2 boost. I have heard about a Togekiss+Mega Ampharos combination, which is honestly scary, as Agility Mega Ampharos can hit hard at +2 SpA and Speed, and is resilient to most priority. Togekiss can also face Chansey thanks to Serene Grace Air Slash by setting up on it and then spamming Air Slash to flinch hax it into oblivion. Greninja and Mega Manectric also make good recipents, as Greninja already basically smashes offensive teams, and at +2 it is even better. Just be wary of Thundurus in that case. Mega Manectric is also good, as it takes on Electric attacks, is immune to T-Wave, and can sweep decently at +2. Overall though, this set is really good and fairly underrated, definitely try out NastyPass Togekiss if you're in to wreck stuff with special attackers.

There are a few other sets, like Defensive, Stallbreaker, and a possible LO attacker, but this is the most underrated set. But yeah, that's all for now!

Here's an interesting one:

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm / Wood Hammer

Chesnaught is normally seen exploiting its useful resists to Rock, Ground, Dark etc as a physical wall. However, it also sports useful resistances to Water and Electric, with investment it can become surprisingly sturdy on the special side while maintaining its natural physical bulk, giving it more opportunities to switch in and be annoying with Leech Seed and Spiky Shield. Another useful thing about Chesnaught is that it fucks over the standard VoltTurn pokemon, these being Landorus-T, Scizor, Rotom-W. Damage calcs;

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Chesnaught: 170-202 (44.7 - 53.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Chesnaught: 59-69 (15.5 - 18.1%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Chesnaught: 159-187 (41.8 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Chesnaught: 224-264 (58.9 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Chesnaught: 57-67 (15 - 17.6%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Chesnaught: 114-135 (30 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Chesnaught: 164-194 (43.1 - 51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Chesnaught: 150-177 (39.4 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Chesnaught: 288-342 (75.7 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The last one was an unrealistic example as you shouldn't leave Chesnaught in against Kyurem-B unless you're using Spiky Shield but it still shows what Chesnaught is capable of. Chesnaught is a bulky fucker on both sides with this EV spread, being capable of taking on things like Keldeo and Thundurus on the special side while maintaining its ability to take on things like Mega Tyranitar and Excadrill on the physical side. Unfortunately, Terrakion only needs Life Orb to 2HKO with Close Combat, but if Chesnaught switches into Stone Edge it can still stop Terrakion dead.

I know Drizzle is banned in UU and below but Politoed itself isn't, so:

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump

The combination of Choice Specs and Drizzle more than doubles the power of Hydro Pump, allowing Politoed to hit ridiculously hard despite its mediocre base SAtk stat of 90. The rest of the moves are there to hit pokemon that might want to switch into Hydro Pump. Ice Beam hits grass types and dragon types hard, I don't think it does enough to Lati@s or Mega Venusaur to ward them off entirely though. Hidden Power Electric and Hidden Power Grass hit water types, Electric hits Gyarados harder while Grass hits Rotom-W harder. Focus Blast hits specific targets like Ferrothorn and Kyurem-B.
Politoed isn't trying to provide rain support for his teammates with this set, he is using it to power up Hydro Pump to ridiculous levels. As such, this isn't the set you want to use on rain teams unless you have other rain setters like Damp Rock Tornadus. Instead, it should be paired with pokemon that can use the damage Hydro Pump does to grass and water types to its advantage. A good example of this is Belly Drum Azumarill. Synthesis is nerfed in rain, pokemon that can force Mega Venusaur out to prevent it healing make good partners, a good example is Mega Gardevoir. Lati@s and Chansey wall this set completely, Tyranitar can trap Lati@s with Pursuit and hit Chansey hard on its weaker side, Sand Stream isn't an issue as Drizzle is only being used to support Politoed. On dedicated rain teams with other rain setters, you might want to consider Scizor to take on Lati@s and Toxicroak to set up on Chansey, both take advantage of rain in different ways.

Sorry if I'm breaking any rules by double posting.

Here's an interesting one:

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm / Wood Hammer

Chesnaught is normally seen exploiting its useful resists to Rock, Ground, Dark etc as a physical wall. However, it also sports useful resistances to Water and Electric, with investment it can become surprisingly sturdy on the special side while maintaining its natural physical bulk, giving it more opportunities to switch in and be annoying with Leech Seed and Spiky Shield.
An interesting project I've had with Chesnaught is to forgo the use of Spiky Shield in exchange for Substitute. What I've found is that when Chesnaught typically finds a Pokemon it can counter, it is a hard counter to it. Most players who know Chesnaught's strengths will switch out to their Chesnaught counter after seeing it come out. The amazing part for me is that Chesnaught can harm some of the big ones a great deal.

My typical set ends up being:
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Leech Seed
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Basically, you come in on something it will KO (like Excadrill) and you'll pull Substitute instead of going for the KO. The free move can either be exchanged for nothing on an 18.5% HP loss (25-6.5% as you'll get a Leftovers recovery likely). If they stay out, you'll lose the Sub against most things sans Excadrill and continue on as normal. If they switch, you can smack them with your Fighting/Rock combination or launch Leech Seeds as they break your Sub. With some of the counters, this is really dangerous to eat. It's a nasty surprise given the rarity of Stone Edge on Chesnaught (4% at 1500).

The biggest counters to come in on it as of last statistics count, and damage from a Stone Edge, are:
- Togekiss. Your damage is (42.3 - 50.4%) against the typical special wall. I wouldn't try beating it. You can probably get one attack on it but I'd watch out for possible Nasty Plot sweepers. Leech Seed is great to pressure it a bit.
- Sigilyph. Your damage is (52.8 - 62.6%) against the typical burn set (if it has 252 HP/0 Def). This is another Pokemon you'll just switch out on. Your Sub will break to anything but Stored Power but I suspect its first move will likely be Cosmic Power and you'll be in trouble then since you deal less than 50% per hit. If you stay in and it attacks, it'll likely go for Psycho Shift next so bring out a standard counter to it.
- Volcarona. Your damage is (77.6 - 91.6%) on the bulky set (Bold 240 HP, 252 Def), and inside of OHKO range on other sets. You'll probably land a surprise KO here, especially if Stealth Rocks are up (though who sends out a 50% HP Volcarona?). If not, Volcarona is in serious trouble as it either Roosted SR Damage off/Quiver Danced and is down to bare HP and a Chesnaught with a Sub up or at bare HP and you can bring out a counter with an unboosted Volcarona.
- Alakazam. Your damage is (42.8 - 50.7%) on standard Mega Alakazam and (56.3 - 66.6%) on Alakazam. Few carry recover so I think you've dealt a pretty serious blow to Alakazam already. Hurt it, then bring out your counter.
- Pinsir. Your damage is (77.8 - 92.2%) on the bulkiest common Mega Pinsir (252 HP, 0 Def), and inside of OHKO range on less bulky versions. On non-Mega Evolved Pinsirs, you deal (45.5 - 53.8%) on the bulkiest common Pinsir and are inside of 2HKO range on the standard Pinsir. Either way I'd take the shot. If it's stays un-Mega Evolved on its turn and attacks, you'll have unbroken Subs (its best attack is Return for a maximum of 21.3%). If it is Mega Evolved, it will be likely in OHKO range. If it survives, it'll have no Swords Dance up yet so it'll be less of a threat. My favourite is watching it then Quick Attack or Return/Frusteration on a Rockey Helmet Skarmory for a KO.
- Clefable. You deal (17.2 - 20.3%). Nothing you can do here.
- Espeon. You deal (34.1 - 40.4%) to Screen setter Espeon, likely (17 - 20%) because it'll go for Reflect first. I would be tempted to switch out instead of attacking.
- Charizard. This is where things get fun. Even if you don't know which one it is, your Sub will give you time to figure that out:
-- On Charizard X, you will deal (47.1 - 55.8%) to the standard Dragon Dance set. You can probably hit it once, watch it break your Sub, then get a free switch in as it Roosts.
-- On Charizard Y, you will deal (125.2 - 148.1%) to the standard sweeper. OHKO in exchange for a Sub is a pretty nice deal IMO.
- Reuniclus. You deal less than 25% to all versions of it. Might as well switch out.
- Hawlucha. You deal (32.1 - 38.1%) to the standard. I've legitimately never seen this come up and can't comment on it much but it'll likely use Hi Jump Kick in an attempt to conserve its Power Herb.
- Landorus. You deal (26 - 30.7%) to my hated enemy. Pull Leech Seed on it and let it bash itself against another Pokemon.

This struggles greatly with Hyper Voice users, Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir...but I think you'd probably see that coming a mile away.

Also of note, it OHKOs Talonflame from behind a Sub. I think you'll see a lot of them come out since it is naturally intuitive for people to bring out Fire and Flying attackers on Chesnaught.

Be aware that this is not a counter to any of the above...it's just that Stone Edge provides some amazing damage and threatens some of its counters if it lands. And, of course, you can always throw out Leech Seed instead.

An interesting project I've had with Chesnaught is to forgo the use of Spiky Shield in exchange for Substitute. What I've found is that when Chesnaught typically finds a Pokemon it can counter, it is a hard counter to it. Most players who know Chesnaught's strengths will switch out to their Chesnaught counter after seeing it come out. The amazing part for me is that Chesnaught can harm some of the big ones a great deal.

My typical set ends up being:
Chesnaught @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Leech Seed
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Basically, you come in on something it will KO (like Excadrill) and you'll pull Substitute instead of going for the KO. The free move can either be exchanged for nothing on an 18.5% HP loss (25-6.5% as you'll get a Leftovers recovery likely). If they stay out, you'll lose the Sub against most things sans Excadrill and continue on as normal. If they switch, you can smack them with your Fighting/Rock combination or launch Leech Seeds as they break your Sub. With some of the counters, this is really dangerous to eat. It's a nasty surprise given the rarity of Stone Edge on Chesnaught (4% at 1500).

The biggest counters to come in on it as of last statistics count, and damage from a Stone Edge, are:
- Togekiss. Your damage is (42.3 - 50.4%) against the typical special wall. I wouldn't try beating it. You can probably get one attack on it but I'd watch out for possible Nasty Plot sweepers. Leech Seed is great to pressure it a bit.
- Sigilyph. Your damage is (52.8 - 62.6%) against the typical burn set (if it has 252 HP/0 Def). This is another Pokemon you'll just switch out on. Your Sub will break to anything but Stored Power but I suspect its first move will likely be Cosmic Power and you'll be in trouble then since you deal less than 50% per hit. If you stay in and it attacks, it'll likely go for Psycho Shift next so bring out a standard counter to it.
- Volcarona. Your damage is (77.6 - 91.6%) on the bulky set (Bold 240 HP, 252 Def), and inside of OHKO range on other sets. You'll probably land a surprise KO here, especially if Stealth Rocks are up (though who sends out a 50% HP Volcarona?). If not, Volcarona is in serious trouble as it either Roosted SR Damage off/Quiver Danced and is down to bare HP and a Chesnaught with a Sub up or at bare HP and you can bring out a counter with an unboosted Volcarona.
- Alakazam. Your damage is (42.8 - 50.7%) on standard Mega Alakazam and (56.3 - 66.6%) on Alakazam. Few carry recover so I think you've dealt a pretty serious blow to Alakazam already. Hurt it, then bring out your counter.
- Pinsir. Your damage is (77.8 - 92.2%) on the bulkiest common Mega Pinsir (252 HP, 0 Def), and inside of OHKO range on less bulky versions. On non-Mega Evolved Pinsirs, you deal (45.5 - 53.8%) on the bulkiest common Pinsir and are inside of 2HKO range on the standard Pinsir. Either way I'd take the shot. If it's stays un-Mega Evolved on its turn and attacks, you'll have unbroken Subs (its best attack is Return for a maximum of 21.3%). If it is Mega Evolved, it will be likely in OHKO range. If it survives, it'll have no Swords Dance up yet so it'll be less of a threat. My favourite is watching it then Quick Attack or Return/Frusteration on a Rockey Helmet Skarmory for a KO.
- Clefable. You deal (17.2 - 20.3%). Nothing you can do here.
- Espeon. You deal (34.1 - 40.4%) to Screen setter Espeon, likely (17 - 20%) because it'll go for Reflect first. I would be tempted to switch out instead of attacking.
- Charizard. This is where things get fun. Even if you don't know which one it is, your Sub will give you time to figure that out:
-- On Charizard X, you will deal (47.1 - 55.8%) to the standard Dragon Dance set. You can probably hit it once, watch it break your Sub, then get a free switch in as it Roosts.
-- On Charizard Y, you will deal (125.2 - 148.1%) to the standard sweeper. OHKO in exchange for a Sub is a pretty nice deal IMO.
- Reuniclus. You deal less than 25% to all versions of it. Might as well switch out.
- Hawlucha. You deal (32.1 - 38.1%) to the standard. I've legitimately never seen this come up and can't comment on it much but it'll likely use Hi Jump Kick in an attempt to conserve its Power Herb.
- Landorus. You deal (26 - 30.7%) to my hated enemy. Pull Leech Seed on it and let it bash itself against another Pokemon.

This struggles greatly with Hyper Voice users, Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir...but I think you'd probably see that coming a mile away.

Also of note, it OHKOs Talonflame from behind a Sub. I think you'll see a lot of them come out since it is naturally intuitive for people to bring out Fire and Flying attackers on Chesnaught.

Be aware that this is not a counter to any of the above...it's just that Stone Edge provides some amazing damage and threatens some of its counters if it lands. And, of course, you can always throw out Leech Seed instead.
This set looks really interesting. I may try this, with my EV spread as it gets more opportunities against water and electric types.

I dont know how to smogon so lets pretend theirs a fancy picture thingy here
Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-o-Wisp
- Foul Play

I definitely know why this little guy isnt used much, he cant do much immediate damage output, Is tough to use, gets decimated in one hit by any fairy attack, and just has abysmal stats. However in giving the little guy a chance, I've found that he can shut down a surprising amount of Pokemon with this particular set. As long as you have Sableye out, you completely rob the opponents ability to do anything but attack. If you lead off with the guy, you can put a screeching halt to a staggering number of lead strategies before they can even do so with a simple click of the Taunt button. Breloom cant spore, Bulky Lando cant set up rocks, Skarmory can't live its life with this little bugger doin his stuff. All in all Sableye is a near perfect Anti-Lead against these types of things. And yeh might be thinkin in yer noggin' "Ey I can do the same thing with a fast pokemon with taunt" well Sableye can also do a wonderous job at shutting down physical Pokemon, primarily the setup sweepers. First turn, taunt to keep em from settin up, turn 2 burn em. If your opponent doesn't have some kind of cleric then you just made their physical setu-up sweeper a sittin duck. I had too much fun with this guy back in gen 5, shutting down countless Cloysters and Sub+3 attack KyueremBs left and right. ALso the Priority recover allows it to survive astonishingly long, often running out of PP before running out of health. However as much as I love the little guy, he aint perfect. Even with the Special defensive EVs it can get taken down with little effort by special attackers, especially with all those fairy types runnin around. Still it has a fun niche that earns it a spot on plenty of my personal teams

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Um..sorry to bump this thread...but here are two more lower tier threats...from RU! With Aegislash gone these two can really shine:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice / Toxic / Protect

Once an OU threat in DPP, Bronzong has since fallen far, so far down into RU. However, this thing still packs a niche for itself in OU. Thanks to its typing, it walls a lot of top threats in OU, such as Garchomp, Mamoswine, Landorus, Mega Gardevoir (!), Diggersby, Latis, Excadrill (w/o Mold Breaker ofc), Mega Aerodactyl, Gliscor, and a whole lot more. That's a pretty long list. This makes Bronzong a nice addition to any team that needs a catch all answer to many of OU's top threats and a bulky Stealth Rock setter. It sets up Rocks pretty reliably and Gyro Ball has okay power. With Toxic it can wear down bulkier Pokemon, while with Hidden Power Ice it is a much more reliable Landorus and Gliscor answer. Earthquake is there for things like Bisharp and Heatran. It's rather passive though and it can't heal itself, plus it's weak to Knock Off and Pursuit, so it's a pretty niche Pokemon, but if you need a bulky defensive Pokemon who can take on many of OU's top Pokemon, Bronzong will have no trouble filling that role.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Sacred Sword / Pursuit

Aegislash's pre-evolution is something that got a bit of attention early in XY, among a few other NFE's like Fletchinder, though it's decently viable in OU now that Aegislash has been banished. Basically, Doublade checks Mega Gardevoir, Mega Medicham, and Mega Heracross quite well, almost like Aegislash did, though Doublade is no where near as frightening. Doublade makes a decent mixed wall on defensive teams, being able to beat a lot of physical attackers like the Mega Three and Terrakion thanks to its typing and astronomical physical bulk, while Gyro Ball with minimum Speed is quite strong off of a decent Attack stat for a wall. It can utilize RestTalk to hang around for a while, and Toxic allows it to wear down bulkier Pokemon like Hippowdon. Sacred Sword could be used to handle Bisharp, and it's a decent option overall, though at the cost of losing Sleep Talk so you're less effective with Rest. Pursuit is also okay to trap Latias and Latios that attempt to flee at the sight of Doublade. It's no where near as good as Aegislash was, but Doublade is an okay option on stall teams to counter a lot of common wallbreakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)