1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Loyalmons

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by GoldenSandslash15, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenSandslash15

GoldenSandslash15

I had this idea in my head for a while, to the extent that I made an account here specifically just to post it. Introducing... Loyalmons!

This is just like the standard game, with one twist: your Pokémon are loyal to you, and will never leave you for any reason. This means no trading.

Pokémon
    • You may not use any Pokémon that is only obtainable via Nintendo Event. The purpose of Loyalmons is to see what would happen if you took your game to a desert island.
    • All Pokémon on your team must be obtainable in the same game. For instance, using Tornadus and Thundurus on the same team is banned.
    • To make things a little more varied, you may pick any game from ADV or DPP or BW, but regardless of which you pick, all BW mechanics will be used.
    • Pokémon that evolve via a trade, such as Alakazam, Politoed, Accelgor, etc. may not be used. Their pre-evolved forms, however, may be used. On a similar note, Milotic is banned on BW teams, but is legal on ADV or DPP teams.
    • If you can't obtain both Pokémon on a single playthrough, then you can't have both. Using two starters, for example, is banned.

Moves
    • Moves obtained via Nintendo Event are banned, unless the event can be found in-game, such as the Extremespeed Dratini in HGSS.
    • Egg moves are legal only if there is a compatible father obtainable in your game.
    • In pre-BW teams, TM moves may only be used once, except for those that can be purchased at the Department Store, won at the Game Corner, found via Pickup, etc. If a TM is obtained multiple times, then it may be used that many times. For instance, Return is found twice in RSE.
    • No intergenerational movesets. A move that can only be obtained in ADV and a move that can only be obtained in DPP is banned.
    • Move Tutor moves that can only be taught once in-game can only be used once per team.

Abilities
    • Hidden Abilities are banned, unless they can be obtained in-game, such as Musharna and Darmanitan.
    • Gen III moves with Gen IV abilities is banned, even if the Pokémon is capable of evolution.

Items
    • Items that are found on the ground or obtained from NPCs may only be used as many times as you obtain them.
    • The only unlimited items are those that can be purchased, found via Pickup, or held by wild Pokémon. This really isn't an issue for any competitive-use items in BW though.

Stats
    • Though incredibly unlikely, if Nintendo and Game Freak ever make a game where there are no Pokémon found in-game that give EVs of a certain type, then those EVs cannot be used on teams from that game.
    • Similarly, if they ever make new Natures, these natures cannot be used in combination with things from other games.
  2. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Just wondering, did you get your approval before posting this thread?
  3. Infernis

Infernis

This metagame seems rather complicated to actually enact, all for a metagame that won't be all that different.
  4. Arcticblast

Arcticblast I run with the wolves of the wicked
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

This was in fact not approved, and unless you can provide a list of changes then I'm afraid I can't let this go through. In the future, please read the Other Metagames Rules and Regulations before posting.

Sorry about locking your first thread, but reading the rules is a requirement for all users...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)