Other LTPL FINALS - Won by The Kinglax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
gg my ass rofl i swear jihad is the LUCKIEST and BADDEST of em all

anyways, fun tour, grats kinglax, sad we couldnt get it but oh well, thats life. Was fun to team up with plenty of nice, fun dudes at the cost of having to tolerate finch @_______@ also idk how to feel about pu, its fun and ass at the same time lol..
memer out

Congrats team - we did it and we did it well. Guess it's my time to do that shoutout thingy because we actual won this... but not only did we win it, we did it whilst going unbeaten.
Arifeen - "I'm going to draft you, idc the price, idc what other people say, i'm getting you 100%"... 32k??!?! You're a fucking madman. Suppose our team we built did a fucking good job though. I enjoyed winning pspl and ltpl with ya, made KINGLAX proud. Also good job on using water resists js.
HJAD - All puppet jokes aside - you played better than you ever did before in this tournament. That game vs Snowy? Not a single misplay. You also managed to keep volbeat's unbeaten record in tact, gj fam. Always a pleasure sharing a team with ya.
Jariibo - "If you make another puppet joke, i'm going to block you" - this quote says it all because you worked fucking hard this tournament and you deserve every bit of credit where credit is due. 5-2 is an amazing record, even when i didn't agree with team choice, i trusted you to trust yourself. That's all that matters man, with all personal shit aside, you have come on massive amounts and I am proud to call you a friend.
Eyan - This guy... this guy is 12-0 and a fucking legend. "I need pu scouting done" - the teams just appear in the scouting pm rofl. You sir are the key to victory.
Christo - "whatever we do, we're buying christo because the man is a god" - says enough. Well played all tour buddy.
Manipulative - You are christo were the duo, absolutely outstanding. #nojohns - but you suck at the pokemon name guess thingy loool
Chill Shadow - Clutch win at the end, reliable as fuck every week, definitely a top player and prospect! Good luck in SPL broski.
Kingler12345 - Man you absolutely fucking suck LOL - no jokes, i hate seeing you use my teams. Never. Again. But you were funny af in the chat, made the team a lot funner to be in!
Orphic - Didn't speak to you like at all, but i was right when i told arifeen that i knew we should buy you. 3k? Steal. Amazing win vs waters and good tour broski, keep on doing well.
Confide - literally exchanged no more than 20 messages with you throughout the tour rofl, good job on your wins though!
TraceofLife - lines. dots. "fuck it, it's the baby of muk" - LOL. Best cheerleader innit.
Optical Real - Disappointed you were dead from the start until the end.

And the other people who kept this fun and competitive - thank you for making it an enjoyable tour, my last of gen 6.
Vileman Pearl Dibs The Dreamer Shaneghoul Yogibears Dundies PursuitOfHappiny PokemonmasterTj ShuckleDeath ManOfMany

Massive thanks to rozes and tko for hosting. It was great.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll bite with the shoutouts.

Arifeen see my previous post
Teddeh I've worked with you on a team like 3 times now I'm pretty sure, and we won together twice, so there's really not much else to be said. You play well, you get good records and you essentially carry your team to victory
HJAD Didn't know you personally but you played well. You're also a really supportive teammate so hats off to you.
Christo. Didn't really have that good of an impression of you initially not gonna lie, but there's no denying that you're consistent and that you can get the job done when needed.
Manipulative Bro, you're a cool guy and all, good at UU, but when you need to ask your Ltpl team for help in algebra, I'm speechless. I'm glad you passed your finals at all, but you basically gave me, Arifeen and hjad an aneurysm...
Chill Shadow reliable guy. Helps with scouting. Wins games. I like the tech you bring and making plays where they count.
TraceofLife fellow cheerleader. We did well comrade.
Kingler12345 what Teddeh said. At least you provided me with some of the biggest laughs I've had in the past weeks, be it your own plays or the plays others made against you.
Orphic I didn't really know you but you came through when we needed you too.
Jariibo my man jarii that somehow has as little confidence as I do. You did well, don't discredit yourself just because you lost two times. You still accumulated 5 good, well earned, wins. All there is to it.
Confide gdi man, if only you weren't stuck on smogon pms...
Optical Real -

trace

tell me
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
omg a shoutout

Arifeen youre a fucking shitter but we can almost count you every game. so good stuffs i guess and thanks for drafting me in a team where i really enjoy being in, definitely appreciated

Teddeh youre an amazing player and i enjoyed all of my interactions with you lool

Chill Shadow no u sux dix

Eyan unlike me you actually helped with scouting a fucktons, youre the real mvp here brother.

Jariibo jesus christ get yourself some confidences, youre definitely a good player and no one can denies it

HJAD an absolute beast in PU, good luck on other tours and stuff and youre also a very cool guy.

Manipulative the most memorable things i remember about you was the algebra shit LOL. youre a great player and keep doing you!

Christo. the gr8 himself. Thanks for carrying my sorry ass!

Kingler12345 fellow memer and huston slayer himself.

Orphic despite being inactive in team chat, thanks for carrying me through lol

Confide ditto^

Optical Real -

this has been a very fun season, big thanks to rozes and tko for hosting.

Congrats, Kinglax! It is an impressive feat to go undefeated the entire tour and I enjoyed watching the games live! you guys had the major key to success...
someone on kinglax tell feen to chill about asking for the thread to be posted though, if i had a nickel for everytime feen bugged me about matchups id be able to fly over to bangladesh to slap him for asking me everytime

Steelix, good job on making it this far too! The stunting may have been overboard (s/o shiba), but you guys did well regardless

And with that, we are done!
-tko out

Arifeen Remember when you didn't want to buy me? Yeah now we here and won the finals. You were great in RU keep it up in SM RU and you will finally get picked up in SPL next year!
Teddeh Well Teddeh cocky Teddeh, I remember when you said to me "Come back to mons maybe you like it again?", now we won LTPL. You a great friend, just lower your ego sometimes okay ;).
HJAD What do I say you cheered me up so many times, you a great friend. You also showed how much you improved in this game in the couple of years. You have shown you one of the best PU players.
Eyan Oh silly Eyan, don't go mad when you get drafted okay? You were great in the 2 battles you played (going 12-0?!?). You also were THE support of the team, you could go "Can you scout this guy for me?" 2 hours later you had a whole essay of teams. Keep your head up buddy, you way better then you think.
Christo. We had a promise to eachother that we were gonna win this, we did! Your UU abilities are insane, you are the great. Best of luck in SPL buddy.
Manipulative Man you were awesome with Christo, fun in chat and smart enough to ask in the chat for math help were the half of the people are asian. If you keep playing like this you will be a player that would be feared in UU.
Chill Shadow Man Man Man, what were you good. Beating multiple top 5 RU players, your dedication and plays are insane. Keep this up and you will amazing in SPL as well.
Orphic We haven't talked too much in this but i'm happy you went positive at the end. You didn't go nuts when you went 0-2, came back and won in the finals against maybe the best ORAS NU player. Just applause for that.
Confide Sniping most of the time, you played some games really well. Keep that up!
Kingler12345 Or do I have to say Kingler2-2345 you were a good support in the chat. Won vs huston, that's an achievement on his own. Best of luck in SPL!
TraceofLife We know eachother for so long now, you were a great support and a good friend you'll get your chance I know it!
Optical Real Don't sign up and then go dead when you get picked up okay buddy?

Special thanks:
Eternally for helping almost every week, you are a good friend and super fun to talk to!
Shaneghoul oh Shane what were you a help for me this LTPL before you went missing, please come back ;-;. How can we keep the Ruiners duo up if you went missing. All seriousness you are one of the best if not the best partner I have build with.

I had a fun tournament with friends, despite being useless in the semi's / finals. I hope if something like this happens again to be on it again!

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Well, this was a really fun tour. The ending result irks me to an extent solely because I knew my team was capable of better. Throughout this tournament, I made a couple new friends and developed stronger friendships with various others on my team and I am genuinely glad I had this experience. I do think that, as a team, we could have executed at a higher level in finals and, perhaps, prepared in a different fashion that would have ultimately correlated to a different result, but that is water under the bridge at this point and I am in no way going to generate a discussion full of "what if" when we can all move on to bigger and better things in the immediate future.

Going into this tournament, I didn't know what to expect. I got manager solely based on my own name recognition and willingness to dedicate myself to the extent asked, not through extensive tier knowledge or competence on my own behalf. This was reflected in my draft as I bought many generally solid, competent players that were known, but my line-up didn't entirely branch out to a tier like PU and, to a lesser extent, RU. This did end up costing my team to an extent, but it also helped diversify the group and add a bit of fun to the dynamic, so I don't have many regrets. I think my team was solid and I hope to be on teams with each and every one of these guys in the future, but only time will tell if that becomes a reality.

Shoutouts:

Pearl - Mister worldwide, PU legend, teddeh slayer, etc. - you did it all. I'm pretty sure you would've played Ubers in this tour if I asked you to, even if there wasn't a slot - you'd have found a fucking way. You did pretty much everything a manager could ask from a team player and I think you were probably one of the best buys in the entire tournament. You manned PU because I didn't really draft anyone from the tier after a brief start in UU and you even RU'd one week, iirc. You are an amazing team player and a superb individual teambuilder/player. I cannot possibly be thankful enough for all of your contributions and I hope to be on teams with you again at some point in the future :spheal:

rozes - The other half of my Wolf manager duo that I almost missed out on in the auction; thank god I was willing to spend those extra few because you were easily worth it. I'm not sure who I would label as MVP b/c you, pearl, and a few others deserve it and picking 'favorites' at this point is dumb, but you built in multiple tiers and consistently dominated in NU and were a genuinely enjoyable presence the whole time, so, like for Pearl, there's no way I can ask for more and I'm very happy that you were a part of the team. Probably one of the best ORAS NU players out there and you should go down as one of the top dogs in gen 6 NU, so take that in stride and gl in SPL fam awoo

Shiba - Yea, finals were rough blah blah blah - I don't care, you did a spectacular job this tour overall and nobody can take that away from you. You won games left and right when needed despite costing 3k for fucks sake. I really still question how you dropped and yes, you were a nomination intended to have other people go and overpay on you to save me time and money, but this accident ended up working wonders, so I guess that things worked out quite well. I'm glad that I had you on board and I hope you do well in the future, it was a pleasure getting to know you a bit and getting to see you compete at a high level :D

Star - lmao you didn't fucking link the last game of the fucking season go fuck yourself stupid LC bitch. fr tho, you are truly a great player and I know you were essentially thrown into an adverse situation with another individual's teams, but you undoubtedly were capable of filling the shoes of a true RUer when needed at times. It wasn't the best tour for you and the tier list never indicated it would be, but for fairly cheap, I'd surely get someone like you again and I am very glad to have been on another team with you. Good season, glad we had you on board, and best of luck in future SPL weeks my mans :o

Sam - Just when you thought SPL 6 and multiple WCOPs were enough, you ended up stuck with me once more. With that said though, I was very glad to have you and I think you did a solid job this season. A rough game/match-up or two in there, but you were still captain clutch, Mr. Sunday night! You definitely were one of the best ORAS UU players on the site and it was cool to see you evolve and progress in terms of play and community standing back during/after SPL 6 and now that you're at somewhat of a peak, it was great to see you perform. Thanks for being a solid team member and best of luck this SPL. Go Steelers, here we fucking go!!!

Rare Poison - Probably one of my favorite chat presences out there and definitely one of my closest friends. I was very happy to get you, even if FLCL upbid me a bit more than I thought anyone would. You didn't get to play a ton and I'm sorry this was the case, but it was a pleasure having you around and you certainly fit into the overall dynamic of the team. You're a great dude and I hope to talk with you and work with you again in the future! :)

Nails - Solid mola tier player who did not disappoint this season. I was very glad to snatch you late and you certainly filled the spot that I needed you to. It was fun having you around after I chilled w/ Wolf last year and you're a really fun dude. I hope your VGC and RBY endeavors go well in the future n_n

Vileman - Among my favorite jajas is the PU lover, Vilememe. You had a solid season with a few unlucky breaks and a few rough match-ups. I'm really happy you went out of your way to essentially take up a tier for the sake of the team and we could use you in our line-up. Your contribution to the team and active presence is genuinely appreciated, so thanks for everything and I'm glad to actively talk to you as a good friend over the past two years. Hopefully plenty of more fun times to come in the future ~_~

Realistic Waters - Quiet, but deadly. You're another one of the top ORAS NUers and you should go down as one of the most consistent ones, too. You had a good tour, even with the bar set high coming in due to your history and fairly high price, and I was so glad to have you as a member of the team. You are a good dude and I know you like to keep to yourself, but I enjoy watching you play and briefly talking to you here and there. I hope you enjoy the new generation if you intend to keep playing NU and I'm glad we had you, maybe we can work together on a team again in the future ^_^

tko - solid host, thanks for making this possible and best regards!

Thanks everyone, grats again Kinglax.

Since some people actually did individual shoutouts (FUCK arifeen), I guess i'll do this. i didn't really play well in any of my matches but whatever lol KINGLAX

Arifeen: we became pretty good friends after wcop and you're probably one of the people i talk to in general these days the most. also scouted an insane fucking amount for our players each week. chill with the A word though idiot

Teddeh: dude actually ended up being 30k or whatever insane price you had (shoutouts arifeen's keyboard). you're one of the most consistent NU players and probably the best PU player on the site atm

HJAD: you're a great player and nice guy, glad to see you crush in PU. shut some of the haters up too eh

Jariibo: great record this season, you played very well and proved your shit

Orphic: probably the dude on here i've known the longest? we haven't stayed in touch for a long while man, but great job pulling through for us in finals bud

Chill Shadow: you played really well in the finals, not many people would've been able to pull that back. excellent player and chill guy

Christo.: you're an excellent UUer and proved this throughout the season, pretty much a guaranteed win most weeks.

Manipulative: hooker

for real though, you just went in at the start of the week and won shit, played very well in pretty much all of your games; great job man. i still maintain that your finals team was crobat weak asf though >:(

Eyan: other dude who scouted and put a ton of effort into it too. two 6-0s aren't bad either =]

TraceofLife: been with you for a couple team tours now, chill dude and good player

Confide: you weren't active much but beat fooly which speaks a lot to your skill as a player

Optical Real: boptical real?

ggs (steelixes? dunno if that's correct), was a pretty nice series and you guys put up a very tough fight

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lol I remember if I'd even get a manager spot in this tournament in the first place because there were some really good signups. Somehow I got picked as a manager which definitely surprised me and kept me motivated to bring the best of me and my team. Personally, this was a really successful tour for me, I did get a good record in RU, and aside from that, I made lots of new friends who I know are awesome.

Teddeh - As soon as I found out I got a team, I knew that I'm going to draft you 100%. You were in top form in PSPL and just won NLT, so I knew I can get some of the best out of these two tiers if I had you in my team. Although my draft plan included you to play in NU, adjusting lineups to put you in PU was a great decision. So glad you could pull out wins every week, and even the finals game was one of the best PU games I witnessed. All the best in the new gens, I'll be asking for teams!

Eyan - LOL you got so pissed you literally clicked x when I drafted you. All the banters aside, I wish I could have gotten you to play more games, you're better than you think you are and I'm sure all of us knows. You're also an excellent team player and I could rely on you to provide scouts when I was on vacation / tired. I dont see how someone with 2 6-0s gets to think they're not good. Start playing more once you're done with the service, expecting great things from you!

HJAD - As soon as I decided I'd draft Ted, I knew I had to draft you. Spooky jokes aside, you + Teddeh as PU core was arguably the best PU core this tournament, extremely impressed at your games and coming off with a 5-1 record is truly impressive. Good luck in the new gens, I'll be asking for teams because I know Teddeh is a cuck.

Chill Shadow - My man, I'm really glad I drafted you after being in the same team in RUPL. You gave your hardest every week and played like a god (holy shit how'd you pull that HP Ice vs Star). I can see you to be one of the top RU players this gen, you definitely deserve it. Good luck in SPL!

Christo. - LOLOLOL I THOUGHT U HATED ME OR STH. I'm glad we brushed the past off and you played really well, bringing wins whenever we needed. Literally one of the top UU players this gen. Good luck in the upcoming gen + SPL man, hope you make a huge splash

Manipulative - idk how someone who can't solve elementary math problems get to play UU so well. Your PU skills are utter garbage though, stick to UU and a bit of RU in the next gen and you'll be fine lul. Great record my man.

Jariibo - lol dude I was a bit unsure on drafting you mostly because I heard you quit prior to this tour. Drafting you was one of my best decision, you were insane in NU, pulling a 5-0, definitely the most underrated player of the tournament (alongside The Goomy). You need to be more confident in yourself though, just use a team you're comfortable with and you can win if you make sensible plays. All the best in SM NU and irl man, you're one of my best buddies.

Kingler12345 - Eye to eye, eye to eye. Essential, sensational eyes. My eyes and your eyes. Dreaming fairies eyes our eyes. Fabulous, exciting eyes. Good job in choking on dicks in week 1, you made it up by brutally haxing blunder and somehow winning vs the lord Huston, so I guess you're ok.

TraceofLife - wheres ur cheerleader costume? I wish I let you play more but you preferred staying on the bench. Love how you always lift the team spirit up. Good luck in the new gen and irl as well.

Orphic - tbh I was kinda skeptical when Ted told me to draft you, and even more after the first two weeks, but you pulled some of the most important wins needed and you definitely made me take all that back. Great job buddy!

Confide - 30k on lcpl fuckaddahere, I wish you'd get your shitty comp fixed and actually got Skype but w/e, glad to count you for wins whenever we needed.

Optical Real - bro I was looking forward to see you play esp after your amazing performance in PUPL, bummed you were too busy for that. w/e gl in future endeavors.

KINGLAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)