Lucario (4N)

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by I am a noob, Dec 8, 2009.

1. I am a noob

I am a noob

http://www.smogon.com/pokemon/dp/lucario

Since Captain Falcon is widely renowned as one of the most powerful fighters in the history of Earth, Lucario realized that his only chance to ever do anything right was to emulate his power. Muahahaha!

[SET]

name: Captain Falcon
    move 1: Focus Punch
    move 2: Blaze Kick
    move 3: Extremespeed
    move 4: Sky Uppercut / Substitute / Foresight
    item: Leftovers
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Captain Falcon is an amazing fighter, and this set tries to harness his unprecedented power. This powerful set is extremely broken, and thus the user of it is vulnerable to being flamed for alleged hacking, cheating, or other such activities. Its ability to plow through teams with unparalleled fury is superhuman, even to the point of revolutionizing the metagame.</p>

<p>The main idea of this set is to come in on something that will be scared away, and land an immensely powerful Falcon PAWNCH on the switched-in Pokémon. The amount of damage dealt should be enough to allow a Falcon Dive to finish it off, if said Pokémon was not OHKOed by the Falcon Punch alone. If a Ghost-typed Pokémon is switched in, then a Falcon Kick in the face deals with it, and then Lucario can resume PAWNCHing its way to victory.</p>

<p>By using Focus Punch, Lucario can simulate the almighty FALCON PAWNCH, and will deal massive damage to everything that does not resist Fighting-typed moves. Unfortunately, Focus Punch is not truly the Falcon Punch, and thus does not simply annihilate everything in its way. However, it still will do massive damage to most Pokémon, dealing a whopping 70.31% on average to everything in the OU metagame, including Ghost types. Even some things that do resist it fall into the category of Pokémon who are 2HKOd with Stealth Rock damage, making entry hazard support vital for this set. Latias, Heracross, Starmie, Gyarados, Salamence, and Ninjask are all 2HKOd with Stealth Rock damage, unless they are abnormally bulky. In addition to all of this, Flying-type walls are put in a position where if they Roost, they are hit with a double-power Falcon Punch, and if they do not Roost then they are unable to heal.</p>

<p>The other three moves aim to help accomplish what the Falcon Punch facsimile cannot. Blaze Kick mimics the Falcon Kick with surprising efficiency. It annihilates Bug types such as Scizor, does decent damage to the Ghost types who Focus Punch cannot touch, hits Celebi, and 2HKOs Skarmory in case Focus Punch would be too risky. Extremespeed takes place of Falcon Dive, and is quite useful. It lets the Captain Falcon look-alike pick off faster foes like Salamence or Jolly Gyarados, who would otherwise live a FALCON PAWNCH on the switch-in and KO Lucario before it could bring about more destruction. Finally, Sky Uppercut replaces the Raptor Boost, and allows Lucario to escape situations in which it is unsafe to Falcon Punch, and a Falcon Kick or Falcon Dive cannot finish off the enemy. For example, even Blissey can beat this set if the Raptor Boost is not present to kill it, as it can simply keep attacking while taking little damage from a Falcon Kick or Falcon Dive. However, Blissey will take 69% minimum from a Raptor Boost, preventing it from beating Lucario.</p>

<p>There are some exceptions to this, however. As it can be hard to predict when to unleash the FALCON PAWNCH, Substitute becomes appealing. This move allows Lucario a free turn to fire off a deadly PAWNCH unhindered, which will allow it to beat status users, like Celebi and unsuspecting Blissey. Substitute also allows this Lucario to work multiple times, and play mind games with the opponent by using Captain Falcon's telepathic powers. Foresight is another option to allow the Focus Punch to obliterate Ghost types, but the chances of pulling it off are low, and the effect is removed by switching anyway. However, as this racks up entry hazard damage, it maintains its usefulness. Crunch may seem like a good move to use over the Falcon Kick, but seeing as Captain Falcon does not bite his opponents for massive damage, the move will not be empowered with Falcon-like strength.</p>

<p>As none defeats Captain Falcon, this set does not need partners. However, there are still Pokémon that make it easier for this set to rip apart the opposition. Tyranitar is useful to Pursuit annoying Ghost types, so Lucario does not need to waste its time by Falcon Kicking them. Latias is a nice partner to weaken physical walls, and also attracts Dark type moves, from which Lucario can gain free setup. Choice Specs Gengar is also a nice pick for this, as it attracts Pursuit even more than Latias does. Uxie resists Fighting and Ground, can set up Stealth Rock to make Lucario's sweep easier, and attracts Pursuit as well.</p>
  2. Colonel M

Colonel M BATON PASS IS NOT BROKEN MUSHARNA COUNTERS IT!!!1!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

3. Bass

Bass I'm...feeling...faint...
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

This analysis was spot on. Back when I still played, I avoided putting Lucario... err Captain Falcon on my team because I did not want my opponents to accuse me of cheating or hacking. It's obvious that even ipl's stall team would tremble under the Captain's might. Muahahaha!
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

quick check

Consider drastically reducing references to Captain Falcon, a touch of humor can make an analysis a more enjoyable read, but in this case it seriously detracts from the usefulness to players wanting to find out about the set. This set is probably destined for OO really, but I'd like to hear a few more opinions.

Also, you missed ability, and the link at the top is broken.

Welcome to Smogon.
  5. EspyJoel

EspyJoel Espy <3
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Watch out for Ditto using Transform and stealing your FALCON PAWNCH:

[​IMG]

Good luck dealing with this thing!
  6. diinbong

diinbong *it's in you to give*
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

this actually isn't badly written ....
  7. Flashstorm1

Flashstorm1
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I still like the Kakuna analysis better. This doesn't even stand a chance.
  8. Articanus

Articanus

I still think the spinda analysis is the most hilarious thing.

smogon.com/dp/pokemon/spinda
  9. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

i know trou hasn't had much traffic lately but really?
  10. Mekkah

Mekkah OH yum-my sau-ces
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

yeah, that ^
  11. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

yeah this isn't even half-funny ;(

or maybe i'm in a bad mood

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)