Luddite Mafia

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by Staraptor Call, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

The mysterious figure put down the newspaper article and smiled. A day had passed since the attack on the textile mill and already the town was like a shaken nest. Neighbor had turned against neighbor, everybody was making accusations. Business had ground to a halt and stores were closed, miners were out of the mines, businessmen were out of their offices, and every person in the town was riled up over the attacks.

After so many years of nothing, the mysterious figure thought, this was going to be fun indeed...

Rules List
    • READ THIS ONE - If you are dead and a member of the village, you may NOT talk to players still in the game. Members of General Ludd's Army may talk to their allies, but nobody else. There may be a role that interacts with this rule later in the game.
    • The game will start on Night 1. On Night 1 you cannot post your role PM to anyone, unless you are mafia in the same alliance.
    • Days will last either 48 hours or 24 hours after the first lynch vote is cast. However I am only human so I may be late to update.
    • Nights will last either 48 hours or until all pms are received.
    • All pms should be sent to Staraptor Call.
    • If you do not wish to use a day or night ability you should send a pm to me stating "Day/Night X - Idling"
    • No screenshots of any kind may be distributed at all.
    • You may c/p anything that I say to you, which means you can fake conversations with me.
    • I should be notified of all channels, spreadsheets, google docs, paste bins, etc that you create.
    • There will be no items in this game.
    • Priorities are set and kept secret.
    • If you wish to change your vote during lynch you must edit the post containing your initial vote.
    • Please remain active. Don't join if you foresee yourself being away for any extended amount of time. I really hate subbing people out but I will do so if I deem you inactive (I will nudge you first).
    • This game has been approved by AvatarST.
    Players
    1. umbreon_dan Replaced by Tolos
    2. kharozz
    3. Annihilator zero
    4. Tenken
    5. matty Replaced by Explorerace
    6. lanterminator
    7. SoT
    8. GTS
    9. dachickens
    10. jumpluff (Killed Night 1)
    11. thunda
    12. Xyphang
    13. Thorns (Killed Night 1)
    14. Sidd Replaced by Kannon
    15. Da Letter El
    16. Mordock
    17. Deck Knight
    18. ap13095
    19. Sanjay120

It is now Night 1. All Night 1 kills are valid.
  2. YoshiX

YoshiX

It would be a good idea for all friendly villagers to talk to me if you wish to win =). Let's get this mafia started right.
  3. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Oh Boy I'm excited for this game.

This game I'd like to lead the village. I am a plain ole' vanilla villager (yippe -_-) I have my role PM (for Day 1 since we can't post em yet) if anyone wants to make sure I'm not mafia. We need to quickly organize. Games where people don't usually end up in the favor of the mafia. PM me since my IRC is currently not working. Thanks

EDIT: Err nvm didn't see Laterminator post. We need to talk...
  4. sanjay120

sanjay120

i am like the color beige, in that i am a boring villager and have no powers.
  5. GTS

GTS

if anyone needs assistance, come to me
  6. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I don't suggest you claim to a vanilla villager or someone who hasn't even given you a role.

From the flavour text and the theme, I have a strong feeling that there are two bodyguards in this game. If there are, I'd like him to claim asap. Any other villagers that want to chat are welcome to do so as well!
  7. Xyphang

Xyphang

I hope I made the right choice.
  8. Annhialator Zero

Annhialator Zero

Guys do we really need five people asking for claims?

If you guys could work something out between yourselves it would help.
  9. Tenken

Tenken

Sorry don't really know anyone here, but if you want, you can contact me. Most of my thoughts will probably be in thread though, since that is what I am used to.

1. Is it normal to reveal the factions at the beginning like that? I guess it can prevent comparing the last line or something, so just wondering.

Umbreon Dan-Why do you want a protector to claim early? That just seems like a bad idea, since he'd be an easy target, and much better to kill than all of these vanilla claims.

Xyphang-Right choice on what? It just seems like a wierd thing to mention.
  10. Annhialator Zero

Annhialator Zero

I'd assume Xyphang claimed to one of them and is hoping he chose right.

That or he randomly used his ability and is hoping THAT went right.
  11. GTS

GTS

i'm not asking for claims, i'm offering assistance
  12. Thorns

Thorns

assistance like rinnosuke HEH
  13. GTS

GTS

help i dont get the joke
  14. Thorns

Thorns

I was rinnosuke in touhou. I provided the village assistance and they easily won
  15. GTS

GTS

that is something i can make happen
  16. Deck Knight

Deck Knight Beatnicks will continue until morality improves.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

How do we know we can trust you though? What if you were given a fake role PM to trick us? Also there are many IRC clients. Chatzilla is what I use.

Villagers should PM me. I cannot reveal the extent or content of my ability but rest assured it could be quite critical for reasons obvious to me.
  17. sanjay120

sanjay120

i'm not asking for claims either i am just being capt. obvious.

also everyone else was posting so i thought i would too.
  18. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

Posting to show I care. And the fact that 6 people are asking for claims doesn't inspire confidence for me.
  19. YoshiX

YoshiX

Guys seriously I have 3 contacts. If you want to be cleaned, send me a pm immediately. Also, I would like the bg on me and to tell me who they are. Much appreciated.
  20. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

hit me up on IRC and I'll give you a reason to trust me over everyone else.
  21. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Obviously, if I'm a Vanilla Villager, I'm easily disposable and having me die isn't the end of the game for the village. + I can't do anything except vote so I might as well set up the village. For right now, I'm fine with letting Laterminator lead. We need just 1 person right now. However, I am NOT ok with you leading a village like how LN does so if it comes to that point, I will have no problems trying and taking control from you. I can't stand those types of games

DK, I know how to use IRC. I can't use it on the school network -_-
  22. jumpluff

jumpluff ghosts will come & kiss our eyes
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

we easily won because there was almost no way we could have lost.
  23. jumpluff

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this will probably make people distrust me even though i'm just statng the obvious, but i would just like to say that it's ridiculously premature to claim, and if you havent claimed yet, keep it that way.

wait until we see what the lynch brings. that should at least narrow it down. ;(
  24. Staraptor Call

Staraptor Call

Would everyone please send in their night PMs as soon as they can? The night ends in two hours and I still haven't heard from some of you.
  25. jumpluff

staraptor call you should be on IRC as a kindness to the citizens of nottinghamshire (also so i can pester you about the update)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)