Project "Lure that Threat!" ORAS OU Version (Week 8 Standard Mega Latias)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can literally just use Ice Fang lol, deals pretty much the same amount of damage to Mega Altaria and also hits Chesnaught, Breloom, and Garchomp. I don't see a use of Iron Head to be honest lol - I mean, it does OHKO Mega Altaria at +1, but Ice Fang does the same thing after 2 layers of SR anyway, and since when is Mega Altaria at full health?!
You said it yourself: because it OHKOs Mega Altaria at +1 while Ice Fang does not, and any sensible player would keep Altaria healthy when it's their designated Gyarados check. Relying on multiple layers of hazards isn't really a reliable way of dealing with something, especially when the Pokemon has reliable recovery, so Iron Head is defenitely valid. It also hits Clefable and Azumarill for what it's worth.

You said it yourself: because it OHKOs Mega Altaria at +1 while Ice Fang does not, and any sensible player would keep Altaria healthy when it's their designated Gyarados check. Relying on multiple layers of hazards isn't really a reliable way of dealing with something, especially when the Pokemon has reliable recovery, so Iron Head is defenitely valid. It also hits Clefable and Azumarill for what it's worth.
i'm gonna break this down in the way i see it...
any sensible player would keep Altaria healthy when it's their designated Gyarados check
altaria checks a lot of things. you must be living in a perfect utopian pokemon world if the only time you ever switch in altaria is when gyarados comes in. not to mention gyarados tends to come in late game anyway like... altaria is bound to take some kind of damage during the match, especially special altaria. you could also say a sensible player wont bring out their gyarados until altaria is weakened.
Relying on multiple layers of hazards isn't really a reliable way of dealing with something
... it's not ////relying//// on hazards. it's just using them to your advantage. i think you're theory-monning / looking at this on paper a bit too much. in an actual pokemon match, lots of things happen, like double switches and what not. if you switch altaria into gyarados every time gyarados comes in on something, it's bound to predict altaria and just 2 shot it with ice fang eventually. plus, youre assuming that altaria hasnt taken any damage, so it seems like it is not mega evolved, correct? then gyarados can just one shot it with ice fang on the switch-in since it is 4x weak to ice and a lot less bulky. doesn't seem like a perfect switch-in to me. also, look at this: +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 224-264 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. that's a really good chance to actually one shot it after stealth rock because youre assuming that altaria is either getting free roosts or hasnt mega evolved, meaning it is weak to rocks at that point. you are telling us that using iron head is justifiable because stealth rock will never be up, the player has no ability to pressure the opposing altaria, and the altaria will always be above at least 72.9%. and that is a jolly gyarados. some people play adamant.
It also hits Clefable and Azumarill for what it's worth.
this entire discussion is based on the fact that iron head hits clefable in the first place so idk why you even put that in there. ppl were talking about how iron head isnt necessary to 2 shot clefable. and azumarill actually takes more from earthquake. water resists steel.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this entire discussion is based on the fact that iron head hits clefable in the first place so idk why you even put that in there. ppl were talking about how iron head isnt necessary to 2 shot clefable. and azumarill actually takes more from earthquake. water resists steel.
Actually, this discussion is about whether or not Iron Head is ever worth running over Ice Fang. And if you only want to hit Altaria and don't care about Garchomp, Breloom or Chesnaught, Iron Head is just better than Ice Fang. The mere fact that Altaria can, at any point in the battle, be at full health while running an offensive set (which you seem to belive is impossible fsr?), or run a bulky set which has been weakened to the point where Iron Head KOs and Ice Fang doesn't makes Iron Head a valid move. Also, hitting regular Altaria for x4 damage is completely irrelevant since it would always MEvo when facing Gyarados, and even if it didn't, it can't threaten it at all until it megas. "You can Ice Fang reg Altaria on the switchin" yeah or you can DD on the switchin and OHKO it as it megas therefore putting you in a position to sweep, which, need I remind you, Iron Head has a higher chance of doing than Ice Fang.
And I highly doubt you're running both EQ and Ice Fang on the same Gyara set so idk why you even mentioned that EQ hits Azu harder.

Actually, this discussion is about whether or not Iron Head is ever worth running over Ice Fang. And if you only want to hit Altaria and don't care about Garchomp, Breloom or Chesnaught, Iron Head is just better than Ice Fang. The mere fact that Altaria can, at any point in the battle, be at full health while running an offensive set (which you seem to belive is impossible fsr?), or run a bulky set which has been weakened to the point where Iron Head KOs and Ice Fang doesn't makes Iron Head a valid move. Also, hitting regular Altaria for x4 damage is completely irrelevant since it would always MEvo when facing Gyarados, and even if it didn't, it can't threaten it at all until it megas. "You can Ice Fang reg Altaria on the switchin" yeah or you can DD on the switchin and OHKO it as it megas therefore putting you in a position to sweep, which, need I remind you, Iron Head has a higher chance of doing than Ice Fang.
And I highly doubt you're running both EQ and Ice Fang on the same Gyara set so idk why you even mentioned that EQ hits Azu harder.
i think that you are missing the point of this all. iron head gyarados was suggested as a clefable lure. it has been established that gyarados does not need iron head to 2 shot clefable. you are justifying iron head because it does a bit more damage to mega altaria, which is not even the pokemon in question, than ice fang does when ice fang is a better move all around. ice fang doesnt just hit altaira unlike iron head. it also hits garchomp so that gyarados does not get hit out by dragon tail because ice fang one shots after stealth rock. +1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 396-468 (94.2 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. it also hits landorus-t, gliscor, dragonite, and latios if you are not using crunch. also i am not saying it is impossible for an altaria to be at full health late in the game. i am saying that it is unlikely, especially if the gyarados player saves gyarados until altaria is weakened. "if you just want to hit altaria, iron head is better" huh? not really, because ice fang also hits altaria and more. i dont see why you would use a move to hit only one pokemon when another move hits that pokemon as well and others. you dont even need that much damage on altaria to beat it with ice fang anyway.

editing: sorry the calculator defaulted the adamant mega gyarados. here is jolly ice fang versus garchomp. +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 360-428 (85.7 - 101.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

scarf latios can lure in clefable and trick a scarf onto clefable limiting its usefulness.
No it won't kill it right away, but a scarfed clefable is quite easy to deal with.
Scarf latios is also quite useful for revenging faster stuff.
Unfortunately icebeam isn't on this set.

i think that you are missing the point of this all. iron head gyarados was suggested as a clefable lure. it has been established that gyarados does not need iron head to 2 shot clefable. you are justifying iron head because it does a bit more damage to mega altaria, which is not even the pokemon in question, than ice fang does when ice fang is a better move all around. ice fang doesnt just hit altaira unlike iron head. it also hits garchomp so that gyarados does not get hit out by dragon tail because ice fang one shots after stealth rock. +1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 396-468 (94.2 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. it also hits landorus-t, gliscor, dragonite, and latios if you are not using crunch. also i am not saying it is impossible for an altaria to be at full health late in the game. i am saying that it is unlikely, especially if the gyarados player saves gyarados until altaria is weakened. "if you just want to hit altaria, iron head is better" huh? not really, because ice fang also hits altaria and more. i dont see why you would use a move to hit only one pokemon when another move hits that pokemon as well and others. you dont even need that much damage on altaria to beat it with ice fang anyway.

editing: sorry the calculator defaulted the adamant mega gyarados. here is jolly ice fang versus garchomp. +1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 360-428 (85.7 - 101.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Since I posted this set... personally I think Ice Fang is a lot better in like every situation. Mostly bc I never feel the need to lure Unaware Clef ever bc it is prone to being worn down by hazards and scalds and shit.

The team with Iron Head was on a screens HO team where Unaware Clef and Azu were actually kinda annoying and getting as much damage on them was important. Also some clefs are known to have Thunderwave (ye ik this one doesn't, but twave clef is still a thing to be careful around) so the extra damage can prevent a Twave or being hit by clef to were it can be revenge easier.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Thundurus @ Charti Berry
Ability: Prankster / Defiant
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Naive (mixed)
- Grass Knot / Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast / Superpower

Charti Berry reduces Rock damage from moves like Rock Slide and Stone Edge. This set can be used to lure out Lando-T, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Hippowdon. Usually they can just 1HKO Thundurus with Stone Edge or Rock Slide because Lando-T, Tyranitar and Excadrill can outspeed Thundurus when Scarfed, and Hippowdon can survive a Grass Knot, allowing it to get off a Stone Edge. HP Ice can 1HKO Lando-T, Superpower (if mixed)/Focus Blast can 1HKO Tyranitar and Excadrill while Grass Knot can 2HKO Hippowdon.

252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 223-264 (74.5 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 161-190 (53.8 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 106-125 (35.4 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 158-186 (52.8 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thundurus @ Charti Berry
Ability: Prankster / Defiant
Timid Nature / Naive (mixed)
- Grass Knot / Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast / Superpower

Charti Berry reduces Rock damage from moves like Rock Slide and Stone Edge. This set can be used to lure out Lando-T, Tyranitar, Excadrill, and Hippowdon. Usually they can just 1HKO Thundurus with Stone Edge or Rock Slide because Lando-T, Tyranitar and Excadrill can outspeed Thundurus when Scarfed, and Hippowdon can survive a Grass Knot, allowing it to get off a Stone Edge. HP Ice can 1HKO Lando-T, Superpower (if mixed)/Focus Blast can 1HKO Tyranitar and Excadrill while Grass Knot can 2HKO Hippowdon.

252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 223-264 (74.5 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 161-190 (53.8 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 106-125 (35.4 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charti Berry Thundurus: 158-186 (52.8 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
the hippowdon lure section is already over we are talking about physically defensive unaware calm mind clefable now. actually you make a good point since the original post was not updated or anything Miridy which lure even won anyway and i think you should update the original post so that more people dont make the same mistake.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
the hippowdon lure section is already over we are talking about physically defensive unaware calm mind clefable now. actually you make a good point since the original post was not updated or anything Miridy which lure even won anyway and i think you should update the original post so that more people dont make the same mistake.
Sorry, I was kinda focused on just having a lure and wanted to present my idea. Thanks for letting me know! Also, should I just edit my original post to something that lures Clefable? Or should I delete the whole post?

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll take another one I guess lol. Literally my favourite Pokemon xD <3

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Pretty simple really. I know that Play Rough is generally preferred, but on teams struggling to lure in Clefable and Mega Diancie, Iron Tail is a decent option. It 2HKOes Clefable, and of course OHKOes Mega Diancie. It also retains a super effective hit on the likes of Sylveon and Mega Altaria, as a bonus deals with stuff like Tyranitar and Mega Gardevoir, and also deals a neutral hit to Klefki. However, using Iron Tail means Absol misses out on hitting Fighting- and Dark-types such as Keldeo and Mandibuzz super effectively, and is inaccurate.

This is more or less the standard SD set and should be played like it as well.

Just calcs:

252 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 214-252 (54.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Iron Tail isn't limited to Clefable as well:

252 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Altaria: 224-264 (76.9 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mega Altaria: 180-214 (50.9 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 224-264 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 248 HP / 244 Def Mega Gardevoir: 252-298 (74.3 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Mega Absol Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Klefki: 261-308 (82 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
-Knock Off
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Poison Jab

I think this is a pretty decent lure to Clefable. It often catches it off guard, expecting the drain punch/ knock off on the switch, and gets hit for decent damage.

Calcs:

252+ Atk Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 138-164 (39.3 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...

Phantom Puppet (Banette) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Gunk Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak

Why isn't this more used? Because of being known to use status moves it lures in clerics and in this case Clefable, and making Gunk Shot the perfect surprise move to KO Clefable. This mega was introduced in XY but was dissapointing by the users. In ORAS the move tutors gave it access to the move, Gunk Shot. Being a forgotten mega, people don't know that is has Gunk Shot. Banette can outspeed as it has 75 BST Speed and Clefable has 60. I hope you liked my idea which I have been using, have a nice day.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-237914597 (Its not Clefable, but Sylveon is basically the same thing)

252+ Atk Mega Banette Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 302-356 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Don't believe me? Do the Calcs yourself)

TPP

Head TD

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Clefable is a common switch in to Keldeo, and does a good job checking it. However, with Choice Specs, Keldeo is able to 2HKO it with Hydro Pump, assuming it doesn't miss. Choice Specs Keldeo is also able to 2HKO Fully Defensive Clefable with Scald, but Hydro Pump will be the preferred move as it does an extra 20%, and it 2HKO's Calm Clefable with 160 Special Defense EVs. If Clefable is weakened even by a little bit, Keldeo can actually 1HKO fully defensive unaware sets with Stealth Rocks.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Clefable: 289-342 (73.5 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 160+ SpD Clefable: 225-265 (57.2 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 207-244 (52.6 - 62%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 292-345 (74.3 - 87.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Clefable is a common switch in to Keldeo, and does a good job checking it. However, with Choice Specs, Keldeo is able to 2HKO it with Hydro Pump, assuming it doesn't miss. Choice Specs Keldeo is also able to 2HKO Fully Defensive Clefable with Scald, but Hydro Pump will be the preferred move as it does an extra 20%, and it 2HKO's Calm Clefable with 160 Special Defense EVs. If Clefable is weakened even by a little bit, Keldeo can actually 1HKO fully defensive unaware sets with Stealth Rocks.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Clefable: 289-342 (73.5 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 160+ SpD Clefable: 225-265 (57.2 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 207-244 (52.6 - 62%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 292-345 (74.3 - 87.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
I fail to see how Keldeo is a Clefable lure when it's 2HKOed by one of its main sets. Also, Unaware Clefable isn't supposed to switch into strong special attacks (even Scarf variants 2HKO Clefable after SR).

TPP

Head TD
I fail to see how Keldeo is a Clefable lure when it's 2HKOed by one of its main sets. Also, Unaware Clefable isn't supposed to switch into strong special attacks (even Scarf variants 2HKO Clefable after SR).
With the exception of AV Conk, Dragonite and Thundurus, all of the other lures posted get 2HKO'd by Clefable. Choice Scarf Keldeo doesn't 2HKO the mixed Magic Guard Clefable set with 96 SpD EV, but choice specs does. I posted the calcs before, and you're right that the defensive unaware one shouldn't be switching into Keldeo, but the ones with special defensive bulk can, and being able to 2HKO it with Hydro Pump is my reason of considering it a lure. Most of the others lures can 2HKO Clefable, and get 2HKO'd by Clefable, so I'm not sure why Keldeo is an exception.

Assuming the Clefable has Magic Guard, here are the calcs for Keldeo with Choice Scarf, and then with Choice Specs.

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 160-189 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 240-283 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

With the exception of AV Conk, Dragonite and Thundurus, all of the other lures posted get 2HKO'd by Clefable. Choice Scarf Keldeo doesn't 2HKO the mixed Magic Guard Clefable set with 96 SpD EV, but choice specs does. I posted the calcs before, and you're right that the defensive unaware one shouldn't be switching into Keldeo, but the ones with special defensive bulk can, and being able to 2HKO it with Hydro Pump is my reason of considering it a lure. Most of the others lures can 2HKO Clefable, and get 2HKO'd by Clefable, so I'm not sure why Keldeo is an exception.

Assuming the Clefable has Magic Guard, here are the calcs for Keldeo with Choice Scarf, and then with Choice Specs.

252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 160-189 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 240-283 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Since this week's threat to lure is Unaware CM Clefable, we have nominate mons that can lure in that specific Clefable set, not other kinds of Clefable (of course, it's even better if a lure in and beat all variants of a certain threat, but it's not always possible).

Also, when you say Clefable can 2HKO almost all of the suggested lures, well those lures outspeed and 2HKO (or badly cripple) Clefable without being damaged at all and they're not supposed to switch into Clefable as it's the other way around.

TPP

Head TD
Since this week's threat to lure is Unaware CM Clefable, we have nominate mons that can lure in that specific Clefable set, not other kinds of Clefable (of course, it's even better if a lure in and beat all variants of a certain threat, but it's not always possible).

Also, when you say Clefable can 2HKO almost all of the suggested lures, well those lures outspeed and 2HKO (or badly cripple) Clefable without being damaged at all and they're not supposed to switch into Clefable as it's the other way around.
My bad on mentioning the wrong set (I'm new at this), thanks for clearing that up. It'll help me for future posts.

Also, my point about Clefable being able to 2HKO these lures was in response to "I fail to see how Keldeo is a Clefable lure when it's 2HKOed by one of its main sets."

Sorry for the inconvenience.

My bad on mentioning the wrong set (I'm new at this), thanks for clearing that up. It'll help me for future posts.

Also, my point about Clefable being able to 2HKO these lures was in response to "I fail to see how Keldeo is a Clefable lure when it's 2HKOed by one of its main sets."

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nah, that's alright. I now get your point and yes, to a certain extent, the Clefable user might expect a Sub CM set from Keldeo and want to deal with it by switching in its Clefable, which completely shits on it. However, if he/she knows you're running Specs Keldeo, he/she still could try to switch his/her Clefable into an obvious Secret Sword if he/she feels ballsy enough, but that's about it.

Reactions: TPP

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Knock Off
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Poison Jab

I think this is a pretty decent lure to Clefable. It often catches it off guard, expecting the drain punch/ knock off on the switch, and gets hit for decent damage.

Calcs:

252+ Atk Sheer Force Conkeldurr Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 232-274 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 138-164 (39.3 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Disclaimer: The below set was originally posted in A Guide to Lures in ORAS OU by ArchPhantom, the set can be found on page 2.

This is probably a better version of the lure Conkeldurr you posted, with enough speed to outspeed Skarmory and Clefable and more power to KO them.
(He included some calcs in his post to prove it)

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Unaware (?) (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Shadow Ball

The ultimate counter of this monster is without a doubt Unaware Clef, not even RD set can bet this pink monster so how can i lure it well is pretty easy u can TG on the switch into Clef then u click Skill Swap and is not more a counter, Skill swap change abilities with target so Clef isnt more unaware and is force to switch or stay in and die, this ability is also usefull when is chansey in and toxic us, so we can trade abilities and switch to cure any status. The best coverage move Mana gets is shadow ball that hit every resist to scald. Quagsire is other victim of Skill swap too.

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 297-349 (75.3 - 88.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Disclaimer: The below set was originally posted in A Guide to Lures in ORAS OU by ArchPhantom, the set can be found on page 2.

This is probably a better version of the lure Conkeldurr you posted, with enough speed to outspeed Skarmory and Clefable and more power to KO them.
(He included some calcs in his post to prove it)

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
I posted the exact set (except Mach Punch over Thunder Punch) on the previous page, man.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist / Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Taunt / Sword Dance / Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz

i think that Infernape can be a great lure with 2kho Gunk shot.

252 Atk Life Orb Infernape Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 257-304 (65.2 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

no other move of nape can kill with 2kho Clefable... and he avoid the Okho by +1 moonblast.
GG ;3

With this set Nape Okho also Azumarill 100% after SR OMG 2 stronk

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rain Dance Manaphy already beats standard Unaware Fable (with a Scald burn), Quagsire and Chansey without having to give up a crucial coverage option.

Miridy - if you're still active, could we wrap this round up?
RD Manaphy cant beat Clef, cuz scald isnt 100 burn and on top of that Clef can stall u out RD and Rest with wish tect blast ! , but yeah beats Chansey i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)