Project "Lure that Threat!" ORAS OU Version (Week 8 Standard Mega Latias)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off

Alright so this is a little unconventional but I've tried it out and it works. So Torn-T switches in and you hit it with a Knock Off, removing the Assault Vest. Alakazam can't stay in here otherwise it might lose its Life Orb (and its life) so you'll have to switch out. However from here on out Torn-T can't reliably switch into Alakazam any more:

252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 216-255 (65 - 76.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Though it's a pretty low chance to KO after Stealth Rocks if you manage to get any prior damage or even have something like Sandstorm active (since Zam is a great win con on balance teams and Hippo is a balance god) then Torn-T will go down.

This doesn't outright lure and KO Torn-T but it hinders its effectiveness greatly once you Knock Off the AV.

I prefer this over Psyshock since Psychic is still more powerful in general and does more to things like Clefable and Mega Venu. Knock Off is still useful just in general since it lures in things like Chansey to weaken them for the rest of the team as well.
T-wave > Knock Off is an option too, u can t-wave on switch and the next time Kazam is in, Psychic 2hko through Vest without fear Torn outspeed u. Also t-wave help against set up sweepers than can take one psychic, but knock help u against stall so depend of ur teammates, but in this case is Lure Torn-T
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 144-172 (43.3 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 144-172 (43.3 - 51.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO u gotta set up SR

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
`
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power/Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
The whole Tornadus-T vs heatran matchup is kinda a luck based, it depends on if you can lava plume burn and if they can hit focus blast if you burn early on and they miss more than 1 you pretty much win anyways. Stone edge eliminates having to rely on a lava plume burn and it allows to deal nice damage to it.
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 144-170 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192 SpD Heatran: 172-204 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Roost
- Iron Head

Skarmory usually attracts Tornadus-T since it can enter on Spikes and deal good damage. Toxic is a very bad status on Tornadus who can't stay on field too much time anymore, forcing its switch-out. Specially Defensive spread to take better Focus Blasts.
124 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 228+ SpD Skarmory: 97-115 (29.1 - 34.5%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
note that Skarmory has really low chances to be 2HKOed by Heat Wave with this spread (even though this move isn't listed in moveset)
124 SpA Tornadus-T Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 228+ SpD Skarmory: 154-182 (46.2 - 54.6%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
`
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power/Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
The whole Tornadus-T vs heatran matchup is kinda a luck based, it depends on if you can lava plume burn and if they can hit focus blast if you burn early on and they miss more than 1 you pretty much win anyways. Stone edge eliminates having to rely on a lava plume burn and it allows to deal nice damage to it.
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 144-170 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 192 SpD Heatran: 172-204 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Also worth noting that it lets this tran beat talon :)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Tornadus-T normally has nothing to fear from Breloom after it has slept something with Spore. However, Rock Tomb allows Breloom to OHKO it on the switch while also dealing good damage to Celebi, Charizard, Talonflame and Volcarona. LO-boosted Mach Punch also allows Breloom to easily OHKO Mega Lopunny, Excadrill, Bisharp and revenge kill Mega Gyarados. Bullet Seed is for STAB.
Don't mean to be shitting on this or anything like that, but I swear that most Techniloom run that anyway... its not exactly unexpected to see Rock Tomb Breloom tbh, and a Tornadus-T shouldn't be trying to switch in on Breloom directly until it has established that it is neither a Technician variant or a Poison Heal+Stone Edge variant anyway.

Don't mean to be shitting on this or anything like that, but I swear that most Techniloom run that anyway... its not exactly unexpected to see Rock Tomb Breloom tbh, and a Tornadus-T shouldn't be trying to switch in on Breloom directly until it has established that it is neither a Technician variant or a Poison Heal+Stone Edge variant anyway.
And Grass Knot Thundurus-I, which is actually more common, is still an effective lure to Hippowdon, no? And Tornadus-T can actually switch-in directly due to the fact that none of Breloom's attacks bothers it much (except a Rock-type move)

And Grass Knot Thundurus-I, which is actually more common, is still an effective lure to Hippowdon, no? And Tornadus-T can actually switch-in directly due to the fact that none of Breloom's attacks bothers it much (except a Rock-type move)
Thundurus
| Moves | | Thunderbolt 93.635% | | Hidden Power Ice 83.780% | | Thunder Wave 74.865% | | Focus Blast 41.491% | | Nasty Plot 23.642% | | Volt Switch 21.317% | | Knock Off 17.629% | | Superpower 16.500% | | Taunt 7.576% | | Other 19.565%

Breloom
Moves | | Spore 96.795% | | Mach Punch 92.991% | | Bullet Seed 92.248% | | Swords Dance 54.558% | | Rock Tomb 35.135% | | Drain Punch 4.948% | | Seed Bomb 4.612% | | Other 18.714%

After all the feedback, I have decided to change Breloom to Mega Sceptile

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 80 Atk / 212 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire / Focus Blast
- Rock Slide

Similar to Breloom, Mega Sceptile can't touch Tornadus-T at all, allowing it to come in freely and spam U-Turn or Hurricane. Rock Slide is thus used to 2HKO Tornadus-T as well as hitting Talonflame, Volcarona, Charizard-Y and Togekiss - all of whom counters Mega Sceptile - very hard. Being walled by Heatran is bad but the trade-off is worth it if you really hate all the targets of Rock Slide. All the other moves are standard.

216 EVs allows you to outpace base 115s (Starmie, Raikou) while 80 Atk allows a 2HKO on Tornadus-T without SR, and higher damage on Talonflame and Charizard-Y.

EDIT: Thanks for the EVs, user Clair. I'm still not good at optimizing mixed offensive spreads.

Last edited:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Rock Slide

Similar to Breloom, Mega Sceptile can't touch Tornadus-T at all, allowing it to come in freely and spam U-Turn or Hurricane. Rock Slide is thus used to 2HKO Tornadus-T as well as hitting Talonflame, Volcarona, Charizard-Y and Togekiss - all of whom counters Mega Sceptile - very hard. Being walled by Heatran is bad but the trade-off is worth it if you really hate all the targets of Rock Slide. All the other moves are standard.
Use a spread of 80 Atk / 252 SAtk / 176 Spe, Naive. This still outpaces base 135's in Mega form, and base 110's while unevolved (you can run 216 Speed if outpacing Raikou/Starmie in base form is important). Rock Slide will now average 50% on Tornadus, instead of 46%, so you have a good shot at 2HKOing it without SR up (and with SR, you can 2HKO with Leaf Storm followed by Rock Slide). The extra attack EV's also guarantee the OHKO on Zard-Y, and give you a much better shot at OHKOing SDef Talonflame.

People who expect this to happen:
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Conkeldurr (Bulky LO SF): 422-498 (101.9 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pangoro isn't a super great lure because it dents Tornadus really hard with STAB Knock off, but Conkeldurr doesn't have that problem.
In addition, LO SF conk is becoming more common, so I believe the calc and lure are relevant. Could be convinced otherwise, however.
Who uses Sheer force LO Conkuldurr?

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
EVs: 80 Atk / 212 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Rock Slide

216 EVs allows you to outpace base 115s (Starmie, Raikou) while 80 Atk allows a 2HKO on Tornadus-T without SR, and higher damage on Talonflame and Charizard-Y.

EDIT: Thanks for the EVs, user Clair. I'm still not good at optimizing mixed offensive spreads.
Honestly EQ/Rock Slide/Leaf Storm/Dragon Pulse is probably a pretty good set now. EQ will help you hit Heatran as well as AV Raikou and Mega Manectric, and is stronger than HP Fire on Mega Metagross. Sounds pretty decent in general.

Honestly EQ/Rock Slide/Leaf Storm/Dragon Pulse is probably a pretty good set now. EQ will help you hit Heatran as well as AV Raikou and Mega Manectric, and is stronger than HP Fire on Mega Metagross. Sounds pretty decent in general.
I know but HP Fire 2HKOes Mega Metagross after SR (which EQ doesn't achieve) while also dealing good damage to Ferrothorn and Scizor, both of which are a pain to get rid of otherwise

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
HP Fire is stronger on Mega Metagross unless it's Hasty Grass Knot, in which case they have equal power. Going for HP Fire over EQ means you can hit Ferrothorn and Scizor but are hard-walled by Heatran. Leaf Storm OHKO's Mega Manectric after rocks, while Earthquake is a 2HKO.

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Metagross: 132-156 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

80 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 132-156 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

80 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 120-142 (39.8 - 47.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Manectric: 277-327 (98.5 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

-1 80 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 136-160 (48.3 - 56.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

80 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 202-238 (71.8 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 340-400 (99.1 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

80 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 85-100 (24.7 - 29.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 220-260 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

80 Atk Mega Sceptile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 56-67 (15.9 - 19%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Finally Back!

As many of you guys could have noticed, this thread and my own activity on Smogon was drastically dropped in last couple of days/weeks/months. I really would like to explain you all the reasons of my low presence. First of all, i must say that i've been involved in some "traveling stuff" since i moved with my family in a new town and, of course, in a new house. This kind of buisness is really annoying lol, i had to literally pack and seal all my goods and started to tidy them up just a couple of days ago. Sick. Furthermore, i had to re-plan all my university's stuffs since i still need to study ( lol ) as i don't want to live with my parents for ever ahahah! That was kinda boring too i must say.

BUT

Apparently i pretty much solved all my problems and i'm ready to restart our good work! I'm sure that everyone of you guys will keep supporting this wonderful thread which is very very useful to rise our knowleadge and research.

So, without wasting any more time, let's jump ahead to.......

Lure that Threat-Week 4!

This week we're gonna focus our attention on Mega-Venusaur, shining star in XY and fallen king in ORAS. Despite its sharp drop in ORAS OU tier, recently mega venusaur has turned up again in many teams and this cannot go unnoticed. Venusaur can really be problematic for most of OU's wallbreakers such as Keldeo, Thundurus, Landorus-Therian. Also, thank to its Poison type, Venusaur can easily be used as a pressure inducer for bulky win conditions like Clefable, Azumarill, Mega Altaria. Furthermore, thanks to its great trait Thik Fat, Venusaur can be a very usesul soft check against both various Fire and Ice types. Wanna deal with him?

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

MVenu is commonly used as a Thundurus counter, however it cannot switch into a LO Psychic:

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 213-252 (58.5 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Breloom @ Lansat Berry / Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Natural Gift

Breloom lures in grass types that like to take a Spore, which includes our victim Mega Venusaur. The 100 BP Flying move helps against pokemon like Celebi and Amoonguss, but it also gives nice coverage to break through pokemon like Mega Altaria and Dragalge. You can also use a Lum Berry, which gives you a slightly weaker Natural Gift with 80 BP, but is a better berry in general because it helps you against burns (scald, mega sableye etc.) paralysis and random toxics.

+2 252 Atk Lansat Berry Breloom Natural Gift (100 BP Flying) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 274-324 (75.2 - 89%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Lum Berry Breloom Natural Gift (80 BP Flying) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 220-260 (60.4 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Miridy I suggest to change the Venusaur spread to the spread it uses in ORAS, which is 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe Bold. When using this spread the calcs look like this

+2 252 Atk Lansat Berry Breloom Natural Gift (100 BP Flying) vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Mega Venusaur: 306-362 (84 - 99.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Lum Berry Breloom Natural Gift (80 BP Flying) vs. 252 HP / 96+ Def Mega Venusaur: 246-290 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Flying

Venusaur almost always switches into Keldeo, and with Choice Specs, you'll be able to do massive damage on the switch out. It's able to 2HKO Mega Venusaur after SR damage, and the reason Keldeo works out, is because Heatran is commonly run with Venusaur, so Keldeo is able to scare Heatran out and lure Venusaur in.

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (46.1 - 54.3%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 168-198 (46.1 - 54.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

On a side note, who won weeks 2 and 3?

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Venu can normally switch into any azu set pretty safely. But jolly BD can drop it with double edge which is pretty unexpected.

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Azumarill Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Mega Venusaur: 364-429 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Double-Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Venu can normally switch into any azu set pretty safely. But jolly BD can drop it with double edge which is pretty unexpected.

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Azumarill Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Mega Venusaur: 364-429 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Return can also kill it after some prior damage.

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Azumarill Return vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 309-364 (84.8 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Return can also kill it after some prior damage.

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Azumarill Return vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 309-364 (84.8 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Yeah :) i just put DE cause of that guranteed ohko but return is definitely nice too.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Diancie is normally hard walled by Mega Venusaur by throwing in psychic in its kind of customizeable last slot you can 2hko venu:
252 SpA Mega Diancie Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 196-232 (53.8 - 63.7%)
The loss of protect, hp fire, and rock polish can be annoying but beating a major counter can help make up for it. Admittedly it does not hit too much else utility besides amoongus

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Venu is one of the premier answers to Mega Altaria, but Outrage is an almost guaranteed 2HKO on defensive Venu after 1 DD. (guaranteed after rocks)

+1 252+ Atk Mega Altaria Outrage vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Mega Venusaur: 181-214 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Aerial Ace

Normally, M-Venu wouldn't have any problem to deal with CB Scizor as it's not 2HKOed after SR by any of its moves while it 2HKOes with HP Fire. However, with this new spread and Scizor's Pursuit / Knock Off being replaced by Aerial Ace, CB Scizor can easily outspeed and 2HKO M-Venu with a Technician boosted Aerial Ace. This move can also OHKO Keldeo on the switch and OHKO Chesnaught. 168 Speed EVs is enough to speed creep specially defensive Heatran and OHKO it with Superpower.
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Mega Venusaur: 118-141 (32.4 - 38.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 248 HP / 96+ Def Mega Venusaur: 133-157 (36.6 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Mega Venusaur Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 248-292 (72.3 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Mega Venusaur: 204-242 (56 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 96+ Def Mega Venusaur: 226-268 (62.2 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 350-414 (108.3 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 408-480 (107.3 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus

Neon Lights (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam / Energy Ball
- Psychic

Psychic is pretty much dying out on Manaphy now, but it's still a decent option for the likes of Conkeldurr and Mega Venusaur, and Amoonguss if not running Ice Beam. Manaphy is normally beaten by Mega Venusaur as +3 Ice Beam fails to OHKO and Mega Venusaur deals a lot of damage with Giga Drain, rendering the next Ice Beam incapable of KOing due to the health regained and Manaphy losing. Psychic remedies this by OHKOing Mega Venusaur at +3, a guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. However, most Mega Venusaur nowadays run more Special Defensive investment to combat the likes of Alakazam, Keldeo, and Manaphy better, so that needs to be taken into account as well.

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 350-412 (96.1 - 113.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Psychic vs. 252 HP / 144 SpD Mega Venusaur: 310-366 (85.1 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)