Luvdisc Moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, being the filthy casual I am, I drafted a Luvdisc moveset. I by no means think Luvdisc is even close to being a competitive Pokemon in any tier, this is more of just a theory moveset. Here goes nothing.

Last Ditch Luvdisc
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Swift Swim
Held Item: Choice Scarf/Mystic Water

Moveset:
Scald
Toxic
Soak
Hydro Pump

EV Investment:

252 Speed
252 Special Atk
8 HP

Usage:
This is meant as a status inflicter on rain based teams specifically. Opponents will almost always go after the bigger threat, so most times you will be using Toxic to inflict status. At an above average 97 speed, you should maximise speed ev investment and use Choice Scarf to ensure Luvdisc attacks first. The held item is a matter of preference,
Luvdiscs poor defenses make it an almost sure OHKO from anything with decent attack or special attack.
If aiming for status, choice scarf will further maximise your speed, if aiming for chip damage, using Mystic Water will boost the power of Scald and Hydro Pump. Having move choice also allows Rain players to benefit from Soak, allowing their Electric attackers such as Zapdos and Tapu Koko to deal heavy damage with a STAB Thunder or Thunderbolt.

Ideal partners for Luvdisc include
most Pokemon with Rain Dance, Tapu Koko, Zapdos, and Water type threats such as Greninja.

Checks and Counters-
Being a very frail Pokemon with poor defenses, most Electric and Grass type attackers should OHKO a Luvdisc with no problem.

If I broke some sort of posting rule or left anything out, please let me know. I just love Luvdisc, it's one of my favorites, I wanted to see it have a moveset because I'm strange like that xD

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Cheers,

If you wish to write an analysis, feel free to read this thread and the stickies in the tier-specific subforums--Luvdisc is not viable in any of the tiers that are currently active, though, so it'll have to wait for an analysis until PU C&C starts (and will be very low priority even then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)