Lynchpin RTM

Lately, RTMs get hosted mostly on the fly. Which is a lot of fun, but they usually have a hard time gathering enough people. So I want to host a big RTM next weekend, probably both on Saturday and Sunday at the usual time (7PM UTC). This time, I want to play "lynchpin" with a bigger crowd. We usually play with around 12, but I think it will be a LOT more fun with 20+.

For those who don't know, lynchpin is a concept originally invented by user StrangerDanger. I will explain it briefly.

There are three factions: the mafia, and two village groups. The village groups start out being aligned with each other, but not united. The mafia are on their own, but they start united. The mafia is slightly smaller than each village group. There is also one neutral, commonly referred to as "the lynchpin". The lynchpin wins with the village unison.

However, if the lynchpin dies, the two village groups are seperated, turning the game into a three-way war. The death of the lynchpin activates or improves several roles on the village groups in order to give them a fighting chance.

I usually name the game after Mafia Mafia. The lynchpin is the Godfather, the mafia the FCBI (French Canadian Bureau of Investigation) and the village groups are the French Canadian Mafia and the Italian Mafia.

In a game of ~12 people, I usually have 3 FCBI/4 Italian/4 French Canadian/1 Godfather, with one added Godfather bodyguard sometimes if I have 13. The FCBI have grunts only, but several abilities they can assign to someone each night, which of course includes the kill, and pretty much always an inspection. Each of the village groups has an inspector and a bodyguard, which start out being able to use their role on either odd or even nights (so for example, on odd nights Italians inspect and French Canadians bodyguard, and on even nights Italians bodyguard and French Canadians inspect)...but if the Godfather dies they can use their role on every night. They also get a kill, which starts out on a Grunt (someone with no role), and gets passed on if that Grunt dies.

We've always had loads of fun playing this, and I have no doubt it will be even more fun with a lot of players. If you want to play, be there on either Saturday or Sunday. If you express interest to me in this thread or on IRC, I can soft-reserve you a spot...same if you join #hawk early enough. At some point I might have to stop accepting new people so I have enough subs.

These games don't take long at all because there's generally so many kills flying around, so definitely consider joining!

Guys you can't sign up for RTMs, you show up at the assigned channel just before it starts if you want to play.

I would love to play this game (reminds me of morrowind mafia ) but I wont be available this time on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm finally available on a Saturday, so unless something comes up you can expect me to try and get in this :) Also, just to clarify, is #hawk the channel the game is played in?

time changed!

[22:55:11] <@shade> when is lynchpin planned to start
[22:55:26] <@Mekkah> i forgot when 3 EST is for us
[22:55:32] <@Mekkah> let me look up an accent thread
[22:57:56] <@Mekkah> oh
[22:57:59] <@Mekkah> his times were UTC, not EST
[22:58:00] <@Mekkah> im damp
[22:58:04] <@shade> lol
[22:58:11] <@shade> foolish mekkah
[22:58:18] <@Mekkah> 7pm UTC
[22:58:21] <@Mekkah> was the best time

And yes, #hawk and #vote will be used as usual. Join #hawk in advance to secure your spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)