BW OU Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - Team by Stone_Cold and Alice

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Liligant > Volcarona

Beautiful team, beautiful presentation, in one word: beautiful.

I love this team, i played in the ladder against this team and was pretty cool, probably the biggest problem of this team are the entry hazards. Congratz Stone and Alice x)

Interesting team

Threats:

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

looks like it can sweep a good portion of your team without too much trouble, and this set should be becoming the norm now that heatran is gettigng very high in usage stats

Also it seems that on rain stall tentacruel can set up 2 layers of t spikes without too much trouble and a core of chansey and Terrakion check can toxic stall you for eternity.

I think there is a general weakness to hazards here, and seeing as your main sweepers lilligant and hydreigon are both walled by chansey and chansey is usually paired with a terrakion check/counter this could be a very sizeable issue

Alice

The worst taste in music
Interesting team

Threats:

Dragonite (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

looks like it can sweep a good portion of your team without too much trouble, and this set should be becoming the norm now that heatran is gettigng very high in usage stats

Also it seems that on rain stall tentacruel can set up 2 layers of t spikes without too much trouble and a core of chansey and Terrakion check can toxic stall you for eternity.

I think there is a general weakness to hazards here, and seeing as your main sweepers lilligant and hydreigon are both walled by chansey and chansey is usually paired with a terrakion check/counter this could be a very sizeable issue
Lilligant has a good shot at beating Chansey one on one, providing you didn't sleep spored something before OR you're already at +1 by the time chansey shows its face, which is likely. That's because giga drain's draining capabilities -duh-, so even if Chansey carries toxic, thanks to its huge hp lilly can be kept alive long enough to beat the pink blob.

Yes, hazards can be an issue, as it is with every offensive team lacking a spinner, but Tentacruel doesn't really have many chances to setup for free, because toed must keep rain, and as I explained before, CBterra + subgliscor already lay enough pressure on that regard. Sure, tenta can switch in almost for free in front of heatran, but LOL double switching exist, and even if tran stays, the squid's most likely to spin rocks rather than stack tspikes; anyway both situations (laying tspikes or spinning) lead to free CB terra switchin, and we all know what does that mean...

Sure, lum dragonite is common and an issue and all that, but I love how you guys always imagine worst case scenario, as if said dragonite could setup for free: half the team threats with status, so even with lum it ain't gonna have an easy time against it, being forced to EQ both tran and tales to prevent ruining its sweep, which is a free switchin to Gliscor; from then, he can tank a +1 outrage and poison back now that lum is gone, then proceed to toxi-stall with protect, and due to outrage providing confusion and being prone to last just two hits, Gliscor+Heatran actually get a chance to outstall said Nite; and that is -worst case scenario-, providing Nite switched in for free into tales or tran. Lilly under sun has two chances of sleeping him (one to break lum, the other to actually put him to sleep), so nite can't really setup for free in front of her, so then again is clever prediction with heatran and gliscor. And both terra and hydreigon decimate any nite trying to play the tough guy and face them unboosted.

I think Stone put it clearly at the beginning of the RMT -this team has weaknesses and issues and all that, but due to the nature of the team it's not about countering them but rather try to setup a sweep asap-. You guys really undersimate the huge pressure things like CB terra, Subtoxic gliscor or Sub hydreigon can lay over said threats, and it's more about who keeps the momentum rather than trying to counter every f*ing threat out there, but I guess that's what pokemon (at least BW) is about, isn't it?

PS: Actually tspikes may help this team a lot with rain stall, because if lilly gets normal poison, then there's no way in hell Chansey's gonna beat her, usually boosting enough to KO both skarm and ferro under rain, then it's gg =)

You guys really undersimate the huge pressure things like CB terra, Subtoxic gliscor or Sub hydreigon can lay over said threats, and it's more about who keeps the momentum rather than trying to counter every f*ing threat out there, but I guess that's what pokemon (at least BW) is about, isn't it?
I am seconding this. Sub Toxic Gliscor is arguably (in my opinion) the most annoying pokemon in OU. Stalling out its counters through PP stall. CB Terrakion is difficult to set up on most of the time, is very quick, and quite bulky too. They both have solid resists to set up over and over again.

Sub Hydreigon the most interesting out of the three gets free subs against top threats like Sub Toxic Tentacruel, Sub Protect Gliscor, Ferrothorn, and many more. It can then procede to 2HKO almost the entire metagame except Chansey and Gastrodon.

If they expect EB Hydreigon and they send out a death fodder not expecting Sub, you can kill their death fodder while keeping your Sub.

Every team has problems. This team plans to execute its strategy regardless of the opponents team or what pokemon they have.

Edit:By the way, if someone spends 2 minutes saying how a team is weak to something, they can spend 2 minutes suggesting ways to improve it. Telling Stone and Alice the team is weak to Dragonite is not going to help unless you guys suggest a fix. I think they are aware of what the team is weak to.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just wanted to say that I tried out this team and it is a ton of fun to play with, so kudos to Stoneypoo and Alice for making such a sexy squad of 6 pokemans.

oh my god, i left this team for 10 minutes and it got 10 more luvdisc in that time
you guys are geniuses. deserves the golden luvdisc for sure

Lilligant has a good shot at beating Chansey one on one, providing you didn't sleep spored something before OR you're already at +1 by the time chansey shows its face, which is likely. That's because giga drain's draining capabilities -duh-, so even if Chansey carries toxic, thanks to its huge hp lilly can be kept alive long enough to beat the pink blob.
Having seen chanseys toxic stall +6 celebi and +6 latias without too much trouble i highly doubt a +1 lilligant stands much hope versus one...

130 luvdiscs, worth every single one of em. In the hands of a good player (it's pretty hard to play with, as far as i can see), this team is absolutely deadly.

Great job

Alice

The worst taste in music
Having seen chanseys toxic stall +6 celebi and +6 latias without too much trouble i highly doubt a +1 lilligant stands much hope versus one...

Hint: Lilligant is not Celebi nor Latias...

@chieliee: yes, it's kinda difficult to use it to its maximum potential, so I doubt it will be spammed by everyone in the ladder to great success... but once you get the hang of it, it's really fun to play (and troll) with n_n

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's actually quite easy to use with practice, and it can be used effectively. Lilligant has higher special attack then Celebi, and Latias doesn't have an attack that can do 50-60% to Blissey and regain full health back.

So it's hardly a fair comparison lol.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow this team is just absolutely amazing and i really can't see anything you really need to change. Gr8 job stone cold and alice, keep up the good work :]

This is probably one of the best Sun Teams I've ever seen (if not the best). I haven't checked everything and I haven't tested the team yet, but looking at it, I think I may confirm that you have a pretty bothering weakness against Scarf Landorus and Scarf Terrakion.

Landorus can easily OHKO Heatran and Ninetales with Earthquake and Gliscor with Hidden Power [Ice]. He could also deal heavy damage to both Hydreigon and Lilligant with U-turn.

ScarfTerra could come in on almost all of your pokémon, and since only Gliscor resists Fighting moves, he could perform a pretty decent sweep on your team if Gliscor's out or at low HP.

Pretty happy to see a sun team like this after coming back from a Pokemon's break of 4 months.

It is a very well build team. I must say that the team can't be changed and this concern even the sets and the role of your Pokémons.

About its weaknesses there is also Sun teams and I noticed Heydreigon is a pain for your team too :)

The only thing I desagree with , is the Ninetailes set. Hp fight, Wow and roar is understable and you really need the three of them. Now, concerning the spread and Flamethrower. It is the first time ( I think) I see a Modest Ninetailes. I always run a Timide one in order to outspeed many things but now Excadrill is gone, why not. The fact is that Fireblast give many OHKO that it is not possible with Flamethrower. I'm thinking about Gengar, Azelf and many others. But Fireblast help also against CM reuniclus,Volcarona and Conkeldur because they can't set up after taking a FB and it is even true for the modest version you are running.

Now, I'ld like to talk about Gliscor. You are not the only one to run a Gliscor like that so I suggest you to put enough Ev's on your Tailes to outspeed it because with the Modest version, under sun I'm pretty sure it is an OHKO with FB. ( Need to calculate but with the Timid one, I do a great amont of dommage so I guess it might be an OHKO wich will be very helpfull).

I must ad that under sun and with the modest version ( with rocks and maybe without ) Fireblast OHKO Landorus and I'm pretty sure that once a Tyranitar ate a HP fighting the guy will think a long time after switching on your Tales and Landorus might be the new candidate... Well, after it is about mind game...

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
To the guy above Grimm, I 100% of the time want to face Scarf Terrakion over a CB one. Gliscor walls it completely, it's not even a threat. Gliscor is the last poke to die in the majority of my matches. Ebelt Landorus is my only concern, I don't mind scarf Landoruses, easy to play around.

Grimm, I like all of your suggestions. I actually just beefed up my Ninetails speed, and will change to Fire Blast so I can scare off Gliscor's of the like, etc. :) Thank's for all of your help! I still use the team so I am not opposed to friendly suggestions.

Alice

The worst taste in music
This is probably one of the best Sun Teams I've ever seen (if not the best). I haven't checked everything and I haven't tested the team yet, but looking at it, I think I may confirm that you have a pretty bothering weakness against Scarf Landorus and Scarf Terrakion.

Landorus can easily OHKO Heatran and Ninetales with Earthquake and Gliscor with Hidden Power [Ice]. He could also deal heavy damage to both Hydreigon and Lilligant with U-turn.

ScarfTerra could come in on almost all of your pokémon, and since only Gliscor resists Fighting moves, he could perform a pretty decent sweep on your team if Gliscor's out or at low HP.

As stone said, ScarfTerra is "LOL gliscor please setup a stall loop asap!" calling; Scarf Landorus is setup bait to lilly (sure, it has uturn to damage her but LOL it's scarfed, and with half the team weak to EQ it's SO easy to bait one...). And guys, don't forget lilly's magic speed number, outspeeding both scarf landorus and scarf terra under sun ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)