BW OU Lysergic Acid Diethylamide - Team by Stone_Cold and Alice

Totally adore this team. <3

I love how it doesn't use any of the common sun abusers (like Venusaur, Sawsbuck, Volcarona etc), yet manages to be miles and away more effective than any other sun team, and arguably more effective than any other team in the metagame at the moment. I simply cannot criticise this team; it is masterfully built to fulfill its function. As a testimony to the team's success: I, a fairly average player, managed to obtain a rating of 1500 on the PO official server after only 90 minutes of solid laddering whilst using this team.

Lando scarf is well managed with this team, its often sent out on heatran and gliscor, you protect see its move then its easy to stop

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The fuck? Look at all of those luvdics, you really have a knack for these things S_C

Nice team man, 5 stars. Glad to see you repping Hydreigon, I guess he's no longer the "underestimated" dragon hahaha.

Edit: *reads up on the teams feats*

Mother of god...

I don't understand why you would have somebody's post removed if they try to help your team. Isn't the goal of this part of the forums to improve people's teams?
---
I can't see how this team could beat a mixed infernape, if it could win the speed tie with terrakion. Close combat to everything except for gliscor and maybe lilligant, and you are swept. Nine tales can get stone edged for slightly more damage.
---
Another issue I could see this team having is toxic spikes. 1/2 of your team is affected by them And heatran, hydreigon, and gliscor are not effective against the rain stall teams that usually harbor tentacruel.
---
To fix these weaknesses I recommend using venusaur over lilligant to better revenge kill infernape and to absorb toxic spikes. A mixed varipreferable be preferable to give you another way to beat chansey/blissey. I guess you could also try victreebel

I don't understand why you would have somebody's post removed if they try to help your team. Isn't the goal of this part of the forums to improve people's teams?
---
I can't see how this team could beat a mixed infernape, if it could win the speed tie with terrakion. Close combat to everything except for gliscor and maybe lilligant, and you are swept. Nine tales can get stone edged for slightly more damage.
---
Another issue I could see this team having is toxic spikes. 1/2 of your team is affected by them And heatran, hydreigon, and gliscor are not effective against the rain stall teams that usually harbor tentacruel.
---
To fix these weaknesses I recommend using venusaur over lilligant to better revenge kill infernape and to absorb toxic spikes. A mixed varipreferable be preferable to give you another way to beat chansey/blissey. I guess you could also try victreebel
Pretty sure that CB quick attack+the rest of the team can take Ape down, and Venusaur doesn't really beat ape more than Lilli does. Lilli is basically the main focus here, so im not seeing it getting removed anytime soon. If worst comes to worst it can just be sleep powdered @_@

Anyway its time for my obligatory extremely late great team post. Yea gj. Skarmory+Protect Blissey seems like it's a real dick to the team though, as Skarm walls scor and Blissey walls everything but scor and terra. With protect on it, terra gets scouted out tho too.

Fire Punch Tutor for terra plox?

Alice

The worst taste in music
Pretty sure that CB quick attack+the rest of the team can take Ape down, and Venusaur doesn't really beat ape more than Lilli does. Lilli is basically the main focus here, so im not seeing it getting removed anytime soon. If worst comes to worst it can just be sleep powdered @_@

Anyway its time for my obligatory extremely late great team post. Yea gj. Skarmory+Protect Blissey seems like it's a real dick to the team though, as Skarm walls scor and Blissey walls everything but scor and terra. With protect on it, terra gets scouted out tho too.

Fire Punch Tutor for terra plox?

lol, man... seriously, have you ever tried walling CB terra with skarm?... LOL

CC is a solid 2HKO with or without rocks; he can also be 2hkoed by SE with rocks support and a little bit of luck with damage roll. Skarm is anything but a safe switch into CB terra...

@frog: maybe if you'd read the whole thread, starting for OP, you'd realize 1) the team's goal; 2) that any post that's just trying to point out "flaws" without a solid argument and/or a constructive criticism to fix issues will be deleted. So it seems you didn't even bother to read the whole thing, let alone ACTUALLY try this team to back your statements.

Mixape @ stone edge LOL; usually mixape carries hp ice, CC, overheat/fire blast + mach punch. I'll repeat this again: this team's goal is NOT walling every sweeper and dealing with every threat out there, tvm. As infernape can be tricky, between heatran and gliscor can be dealt with, plus thanks to LO and SR damage it will be worn down enough as to be revenged by Quick Attack or lilligant (again, let's -please- not forget chlorophyll boost). But guess what, infernape can't really switch into anything here, LOL.

And we love lilligant over every other cholophyll sweeper <3

Again @ toxic spikes: if lilly gets normal poisoned, it's GG to almost any stall team =)

I know Skarm can't wall CB terra lol. teams carrying Skarmbliss will usually bring a Ghost along tho .-.

w/e im just nitpicking at bad team matchup now.

This team is so funny to use, with the matches where i'm using it, i've always win 5/6-0 with Lilligant only coming in to sleep a poke and go out lol and that Gliscor set is a totally Monster :Q_

That's a team wich i'm really pleased to return to play OU, rly.

Great Job guys and GL for the future :)

Alice

The worst taste in music
I know Skarm can't wall CB terra lol. teams carrying Skarmbliss will usually bring a Ghost along tho .-.

w/e im just nitpicking at bad team matchup now.
Every ghost in ou gets 2hkoed or straight ohkoed by CB stone edge :P

I know some matchups can be an issue and some cores difficult to break, but what's important here is the fact that just as much as a chansey/skarm/ghost/rock resist core may need clever prediction to pass through, it's exactly the same for the opponent: they need to be very careful while dealing with band terra, because one mistake could even mean GG (breaking a key member for lilligant or gliscor to sweep/stall to death), so in the end it all comes to whoever can play around better -> the better player ;)

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Good team with a sound strategy and good synergy.Places total reliance on the skill of the person using it.Good job nigs.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Nice team. I don't think you can really improve it much without making dynamic changes, but one option I feel is worthy of consideration is Magma Storm on Heatran. Paired with WoW from Ninetales, you can more easily wear down weather-changing switch-ins due to the trapping effect + burn + Protect. Just a random suggestion, but other than that, great work.

I faced this team alot and I don't understand what the fuss is about, I admit I actually saw this topic before I fought it the first time and that I run a mix ape but any team with mix ape shouldn't lose this. Mix ape outspeeds 4 pokemon and ohkos them: heatran+hydreigon with close combat + gliscor with overheat in sun + ninetales with stone edge. Terakkion is a speed tie and lilligant can't switch in on it and both are ohkos too.

Also when facing this team I always lead with Infernape and just start owning from there cause everyone I saw using this team leads with ninetales and if you predict well it's just free kos.

I'd suggest the Sunny Day Ninetales set, but purely because, in my opinion, it's the best set out there and will help win the weather war.

Other than that, I can't argue with 152 Luvdiscs, great work!! :D

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
cool team stone / alice. I can't really think of anything besides changing your ninetales to resto chesto with the same ev spread. I've been using it lately and it's been working pretty well.

Alice

The worst taste in music
I faced this team alot and I don't understand what the fuss is about, I admit I actually saw this topic before I fought it the first time and that I run a mix ape but any team with mix ape shouldn't lose this. Mix ape outspeeds 4 pokemon and ohkos them: heatran+hydreigon with close combat + gliscor with overheat in sun + ninetales with stone edge. Terakkion is a speed tie and lilligant can't switch in on it and both are ohkos too.

Also when facing this team I always lead with Infernape and just start owning from there cause everyone I saw using this team leads with ninetales and if you predict well it's just free kos.

Only because you faced a bunch of low-rank ladderers doesn't mean there are no ways to deal with mixape. Try to fight Stone himself or any decent player and then come here claiming that any team with mixape beats this easily n_n

Now that I actually looked at this team, I can give it a proper rate haha

My one suggestion would probably be to buff up Heatran's Speed EVs to beat SD Scizor, since if Ninetails is gone it can bring absolute hell to the rest of your team, especially since Gliscor isn't too invested in Def.

Cool team though. Good Job Stone :]

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for sharing this team, Stone Cold and Alice! Quite an unorthodox Sun team!

Does Quick Attack really prove any use on CB Terrakion? I can definitely see Rock Slide making better use of that moveslot - it offers a safer Rock STAB when you really cannot afford to miss (not that I'm saying that Rock Slide never misses). Stone Edge is notorious for losing matches, whereas Rock Slide is rather notorious for winning matches otherwise lost :d.

NP Ninetales actually packs a lot of punch and can even beat up Blissey / Chansey, but your disruptive set is probably better suited for this team, since having an additional Pokemon walled by Heatran is probably not a good idea (Sunny Day - Nasty Plot - Fire Blast - SolarBeam).

Congrats for creating a successful team - here's hoping for even more glory :D

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, Stone Cold and Alice! You had a great job in building this team!

One Pokemon that may annoy you the most is a Lilligant of your own, that is, The Haxmaster's Pillars Mew (my signature Mew set, albeit situational) may find its way Transforming Lilligant and beating the hell out of your team.

Mew @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EV's: 252 HP / 88 Def / 92 SDef / 76 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Transform
- Seismic Toss / Night Shade
- Softboiled

Another big weakness for your team, since your team is based on massively impressive Speed, paralysis and Trick Room users are the banes of this team. Since your team is solid in terms of synergy, you just need to tread it carefully.

Another threatening Pokemon to watch out is a Double Boosting Terrakion, since I experience battling with this team in the Pokemon Online Server. Rock Polish on Terrakion outruns everyone in your team and KO with respective moves, and add it with a Swords Dance boost, it could spell GG. I would propose a change of EV spread with Gliscor, since investing little in Defense means prone to 2HKO's with Terrakion's Stone Edge. A standard Toxic Stall EV spread may be viable here.

That's it. I don't have much to say about this team due to this team being a thing of a beauty. Good job! :)

One Pokemon that may annoy you the most is a Lilligant of your own, that is, The Haxmaster's Pillars Mew (my signature Mew set, albeit situational) may find its way Transforming Lilligant and beating the hell out of your team.
LOL

On a lighter note, great team. Some notes which others have suggested are nice, notably more speed on Tales + Fire Blast. You might also want to tinker with Gliscor's EV spread and maybe move some HP to Def just for that extra assurance. Also eager to know whether Flamethrower > Fire Blast would miss out on any really crucial KO's, just for that added comfort of 100% accuracy.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I haven't updated the export, but I have changed a few things around which have proven successful.

I boosted the speed on Tails and added on Fire Blast. It definitely helps with gliscor thats for sure.

As for people saying I am Terrakion weak...I have never ever once had trouble with Terrakion. The team has 4 status users, and the other two pokemon (Hydreigon and Terrakion) don't give it a chance to set up at all. I promise you guys that Terrakion isn't a threat.

@Pocket - Quick Attack is Crucial Priority for things like low HP Infernape, low HP Latios, low HP DD Dnite, etc.

@ Clarient Valenheart - the point of this team is to counter common mons, im not going to prepare for a pokemon that i'll never ever run into.

Feel like Sub CM Lati@s can beat this team. If it gets up sub first, I think its game. Not sure how valuable protect is on Heatran, but I would replace it with roar. I don't think Ninetales would like taking a dragon pulse especially if its going to be a weather war match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)