SM UU M-Latias team

Hi guys, I made this team with Mega-Latias, I really like the team, but I tested it and give me not very well results. I am a noob at team building so the team is full of holes, so I ask you for help to improve this team.

As you can see the main problem of this team is Fire-type mons, 4 of my mons are weak to fire, so I need to play arround them very weall if I want to take them down.

Here are the mons:

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Recover

The monster, this mon is too good for this tier, but is not unbeatable, it's the standard stored power with full PS and Defensive Evs. Stored power is the main STAB and Ice Beam covers all mons that are inmune to Stored power or that resist it (like Krookodile or Celebi). Calm mind to increase the power of Stored Power and Recover to gain all that HP that you lose when you set up

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

This mon is capable to tank moves that Latias can't, Pokémon like Mega Beedrill can damage very badly latias because is faster and it hits like a truk, Forretress can wall Beedrill. Full Phys Def, nothing special with this EV spread. About the moves: Spikes support is very important, specially in SuMo, but I'm thinking to run Toxic Spikes to cripple opposing mons with the poison. Gyro ball to hit fast mons like Aerodactyl-Mega or the recently dropped Altaria-Mega after 1DD. Slow Volt Switch to keep momentum and put in the field a proper answer to the opposing mon

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Another mon that has to go, this mon is really busted in UU. Choice band give it the capability to destroy Latias-Mega. Icicle Crash its a clear 2HKO in the Defensive set that I presented previously. I want to run Pursuit on it but my main problem is what move to replace maybe for Low Kick. Knock off DESTROYS all mons that doesn't resist it. Low kick to hit steel types like Steelix and Empoleon. Finally Ice Shard to have a priority move to hit faster mons like Beedrill-Mega or Aerodactyl-Mega, it KOs them after Steath Rock (not sure with Aerodactyl btw)

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Standard specially defensive Jirachi puts a lot of work in this tier. Stealth Rocks are necessary in this team to break sash mons, it helps to KO mons (as I said before in Weavile). Wish to pass HP to my mons who have lack of recovery. Thunder Wave helps to paralyze faster mons like Scarf Hydreigon or both Beedrill and Aerodactyl megas. Finally, Iron head is the main STAB of Jirachi that can, along with Thunder Wave, plays arround paraflich and helps to wear down opposing mons

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Another monster in UU. Specs Primarina is a beast and has 0 switchins. I needed a water type because a lot of members of my teams are weak to fire moves, to Primarina can tank them. Full HP and SPA to have the maximum power so the moves are really strong. Sparkling Aria puts a lot of work against mons that made substitutes because is a sound based move. Hydro Pump hits like a truck, no mons have switch-in against this move (specially if Primarina is in Torrent range) except the newly introduced mon Mantine. Moonblast is the secondary STAB of this mon, it also hits like a truck, and 2HKO a lot of threats of the tier. Finally Hidden Power Fire to hit mons like Scizor or Magneton and OHKO them.

Celebi @ Grassium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Healing Wish

This is the surprise mon of the team, Z Leaf Storm hits a lot and OHKO Psysically defensive Gliscor and Specially Defensive Gliscor after Stealth Rock. U-Turn is to keep momentum. Psychic hits fighting and poison mons, I'm thinking to run Psyshock to hit mons like Blissey and Tentacruel. Finally, Healing Wish is to heal anymon that is weakened and made a comeback

Thank you for reading this post (is my first RMT and idk if I did it well, also my english is not perfect so maybe there are some mistakes) and I hope that you help me to perfect it.

Last edited:
One of the first thing i noticed is that your team gets absolutely rekt by Infernape and Darmanitan. I run a scarf darmanitan on my team and after looking at the damage calculator he would OHKO and outspeed Celebi, Forretress, Weaville, and Jirachi. He also 2HKO's Primarina which makes her not a great switch into him. On sets that run U-Turn he also gets really good chip damage on MLatias. I would consider running a Rotom-W in place of Forretress. The only real offensive threats i can think of for it are offensive celebi sets and MSceptile, neither of which are too common.

Edit: Not very clear, but one of the main things i meant to point out with my Darmanitan example is that your team is not very fast.If you're not going to be fast you better make sure you can survive. Also if you want to keep Forretress, consider running toxic over spikes or volt switch since you already have hazards with Jirachi

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi, interesting team you have here, as you said, fire types likes of Infernape (especially SD one) could be really difficult to deal with, also Forretress is not a very good choice at the moment because many breakers likes of mega manectric and mega gardevoir are around. since your weakness to fire types i'd use DD terrakion over Celebi, Terrakion is a very cool mon that synergizes very well with Mega latias helping it against dark types likes of Muk alola, Weavile and Krookodile. thanks to both Swords dance and Rock polish it threatens both bulky and offensive teams, at+2 it ohkoes Gliscor and rotom-w with z-Stone edge which is pretty huge.

After the removal of Celebi, your team is still pretty weak against volturns playstyles that takes advantage from mega Beedrill, and as i said above, forretress is not a very good choice overall, to solve this problem, i'd use Crobat over Forretress, Crobat not only helps against the aforementioned mega Beedrill, it is also very faster and provides a very solid fighting types attacks resistance, thanks to defog, you can have a solid answer against webs playstyles, and finally, due to u-turn it gains momentum against fairy types and fighting types likes primarina, sylveon, heracross, infernape respectively.

At last, i'll improve some spreads/sets

• : mega latias spread is not optimal, it needs to be max speed to outspeed pokemons like infernape, krookodile and force them out after a cm boost, i'd replace
    ice beam with Surf, Surf is really helpful here because it threatens both Krookodile and mega lix, also Surf hits neutrally Scizor and Weavile.
  • : primarina's spread is not really optimal since it lets cm users like Suicune feel free to setup in front of it, to solve this problem i'd go with
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Speed with a Timid nature. Psychic over Hidden power fire is the best option on choice specs Primarina since allows it to hit hard Amoonguss/Tentacruel.
  • : I think using
    Pursuit over low kick is the best option for some reasons, Pursuit is a very important move on CB weavile, it allows to trap latias, mega gardevoir, spdef jirachi whih helps a lot Terrakion and your own mega Latias, low kick's targets are already covered by Primarina and Terrakion, also being locked into a fight type move, means that foe's primarina can come in freely.
  • : finally, i think jirachi needs fire punch in this build to hit scizor hard, thunder wave is not really helpful since you cannot take both knock off and dark pulse from weavile and hydreigon respectively, and they aren't switching into your jirachi in any case, so i think twave is a bit useless overall.
Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Surf

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Psychic

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Have a nice day and gl with your team! :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)