ORAS Doubles OU M-Tyranitar_TrickRoom (peaked 1500)

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Protect

Under TR, I am able to utilize its shitty 71- spe to an advantage, outslowing everything up to regular base 50s. Maximum HP investment for maximum bulk on both spectrum. RockSlide and Crunch for STAB. FireFang for coverage. At first I had Curse for its last move (looks really good in theory to me), but haven't have much chance to use so i changed to protect. Its main usage is to break sashes and spam Rocks, and occasionally as a switchin (Note that a lot of time it is switched in as non-mega form). M-Ttar also handle Talon really well.

Conkeldurr @ Expert Belt
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Guts gives quite a lot more consistency in effectiveness than the other abilities. ExpertBelt gives that extra punch which ensures KOs on stuffs like uninvested Thundurus-I (killed a lot of these), Lando-T(with HelpingHand), and 2HKOs most Heatran variants. ThunderPunch over KnockOff for bulky water types, high damage on M-Char-Y, and because most things that loses to KnockOff gets hit pretty hard by other moves anyway due to them being physically weak. Poison jab for fairies. IcePunch for Lando-T and neutral hits on many things. I only use 1 fighting move because 4 type attacks makes better use of ExpertBelt. MachPunch over DrainPunch because priority and conk will not survive for long without AV anyway. Conk is used mostly as lead (80% of the time), dealing as much damage/ taking as much foes down as it can before going down, and letting the other pokes cleanup. Most of the time it gets -1 from intimidators but with good prediction/ ExpertBelt/ potential HelpingHand, it still wreck havocs. Conk helps Sylveon deal with Steel type quite well.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

I picked Sylveon as my third attacker to up my team's offense. It has crappy speed that suits TR and a decent bulk that allows atleast a turn or two of HyperVoicing. Typical EVs to survive a hit. 99% of the time it is spamming HyperVoice so the other 3 moves are just useless fillers. Sylveon helps deal with fighting type who threaten M-Ttar quite well. Sometimes Wideguard can be a problem with this set but I rarely see people use it.

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Helping Hand
- Aromatherapy
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room

Probably the best TR setter/ support in my opinion due to being bulky and untauntable (still, many many people tried taunting and failed). It is used as a lead (90% of the time) along with conk. Rarely goes down unless focus fired/ flinched. Most enemies' FakeOut lead tend to target conk instead for some reason. By being untauntable, it can go full support, giving HelpingHands and HealPulses.

Gourgeist-Super @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Trick-or-Treat
- Trick Room

Secondary TR setter with the kinda useful Frisk ability. The EVs allow surviving Sharpbeak Talon's BraveBird, and sash Bisharp's KnockOff. Aside from setting up the 2nd TR, its job is just to toss around wisps (very effective under TR) and seeds, not much else. Despite sharing many weaknesses with Amoonguss and up the team's overall weakness to Heatran, I can't really find anything better.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Great support pokemon in general. Works very well under TR due to its abysmal speed. Spore spams and occasional rage powder. Clear Smog can help deal with setups before they go out of control, and works really well with spore. Foul Play is to finish off some enemies as uninvested giga drain is not going to do any damage. Typical EVs to survive Heatwaves.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-247443045
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-247486072
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-247440103
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-247474259
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-247478247
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-247483768

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Helping Hand
- Aromatherapy
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room

Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Expert Belt
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Trick-or-Treat
- Trick Room

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Last edited:

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey tgod45, cool team! Trick room in doubles is extremely threatening, but I see some issues this team has, so I'd like to make a few suggestions to optimize your team's effectiveness:
  • You have trick room setters but lack some way to support the setters and help prevent your opponent from stopping Trick Room. In order to mitigate this issue, you're going to have to change around some pokemon, but I'll try to keep these changes as minimal as possible. I would change Conkeldurr -> Scrafty as Scrafty provides Fake Out and Intimidate support for your trick room setters. The set I would run is 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def with a Relaxed Nature and 0 Spe IVs, as this provides you with excellent mixed bulk and minimum speed to operate in Trick Room. For the item, I would go with Assault Vest, with a moveset of Fake Out / Knock Off / Drain Punch / Stone Edge. Fake Out provides free turns for your team, Knock Off and Drain Punch are STAB, and Stone Edge hits things like Talonflame and Charizard.
  • You have Protect on your Specs Sylveon, which doesn't really work too well since you'd be choice locked into it. So, to keep protect and your ability to hit hard, I'd suggest switching Choice Specs -> Life Orb on Sylveon to allow you to both nuke the opponent with attacks and protect when you need to. You lose a bit of HP every turn, but I feel it's a good trade to be able to preserve Sylveon with protect.
  • Leftovers in Doubles usually isn't as effective of a recovery item as sitrus berry, so I'd suggest switching your Aromatisse's item from Leftovers -> Sitrus Berry, as this will generally keep Aromatisse alive longer overall.
With those changes made, I feel like your team can be much more effective and will score you more wins and more success on the ladder. Hope you give it a shot, and good luck :]
Aromatisse @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Helping Hand
- Aromatherapy
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room

Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Fire Fang
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Sassy Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Trick-or-Treat
- Trick Room

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Sylveon @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Fangame10

DOU Master of Snow-based Trick Room teams
is a Tiering Contributor
Self proclaimed TR master here :Q

This Trick Room team is pretty decent. However, there are a few changes that could be made.

1: Replace your Conkledurr with Hariyama or Scrafty. Although Amoongus is a decent re-director, Fake out is more reliable and having both rage powder and follow me on the team make it very deadly. Hariyama if you wanted that extra amoongus counter of your own like Conkledurr has with guts.

2: I'm going to say it outright, Aromatisse is a terrible Trick Room setter. It may have an anti taunt ability, but it has no defensive or offensive presence despite popular myth and I consider it worst than Slowbro and Slowking both of which have abilities that do the same thing. If you want this team to be truly competitive, you will have to use a Cresselia over it. I'm sorry but there's no other Trick Room pokemon unless you want to use Reuniclus and not be too viable but anti amoongus at least. Plus its easy to redirect taunts with amoongus

Here's a gud Cress set:

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Moonlight

3: I don't reccomend Gourgiest too much, you have 3 bulky non offensive pokemon already and amoongus is already a grass type. I recommend you change to Jellicent to help with Pokemon such as Heatran who will destroy this team. I also reccomend Chandelure for its high offensive presence

Recomendation: If you do not use Jellicent do not use Sylveon, it will be walled dearly by steel types such as aegislash and heatran despite HP ground (your team is weak to Aegislash btw). Use Azumarill for the added water typing and it's ability to use belly drum giving it both an advantage in and out of trick room which is perfect with amoongus. However if you do use Jellicent then it should be ok to use Sylveon however watch for Aegislash and Charizard Y.

Hope this helped :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)