Machamp re-redo [WiP]

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I also said I wasn't too happy with how Machamp turned out, so I decided I wanted to change that up to. Here's my broad plan of action.

[Overview]
  • Keep the same
[SET]
name: Curse Sweeper (This will stay the same, except Fire Blast will be removed)
move 1: Cross Chop
move 2: Curse
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Hidden Power Bug / Hidden Power Ghost
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Remove mentions of Fire Blast
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Remove any mentions of Fire Blast

NOTE: The Pure Attacker will be deleted because, honestly, I never see it, never use it, and don't really fear it. Let me know if this is a good idea. At the very least, if it stays, I'm de-slashing Body Slam.

[SET]
name: RestTalk (Now the second set)
move 1: Cross Chop
move 2: Curse
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Keep the same
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Keep the same

[Other Options]
  • Mention Earthquake and Fire Blast here since the mixed set is nixed
  • Discuss option of Curse-less pure attacking set
  • Mention Body Slam for beating Starmies
  • Remove Rest on the Curse sweeper
  • Remove mention of Light Screen, nobody uses this anyway
  • Condense text in description of Vital Throw as crap (it needs to be addressed, since new players always want to use it when figuring out how Roar and priority work in GSC)
  • Condense text in general my god

[Checks & Counters]
  • Keep mostly the same content-wise
  • Awfully wordy, probably need to condense this

Again, like with Ttar, this is a real work in progress. I'll update this later with the actual changes.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
But I usually use Fire Blast instead of a Hidden Power on Cursechamp... :( I mean hey, it still hits Eggy and the other stuff you'd use Hidden Power for generally beat Machamp regardless; Gengar gets hit by Earthquake too. Fire Blast then destroys Forretress (can otherwise Reflect and/or Explode), nails Skarmory with multiple upsides (more accurate + burn, conserve Cross Chop PP, gets around Curse), and stops Heracross from out-Cursing it. I think it deserves to be slashed in there as it currently is, at least keep it in additional comments.

A lot of the stuff in Other Options can be removed, like who the fuck cares about Berserk Gene okay? I'd give a shout out to Encore though, I mean usage stats aren't important in this section more so than viability, letting people know what they could use if they want. Probably better than Light Screen at any rate, since Machamp is more of a dude that should be taking advantage of a teammate's LS than passing them around. Encore stuffs Curse handily and is generally useful in the switch game, whether easing prediction for your switch-out or forcing them out because you lock them into a non-attacking move when they expected Machamp to switch out. Dicks with Perish trappers switching in on him as well.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In looking back at this Machamp's analysis is pretty much fine as is, so I won't be revamping the revamp after all. There's higher-priority analyses to get at without wanting to redo a whole analysis because of a couple minor nitpicks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)