Mackenzie's Sprite of Horrors

So yeah, I'll be covering and showcasing some pixel artworks/ sprites that I've done for quite a long time.

My miiverse drawing :3 Because espeon is the epitome of cool, calm, collected

The list may or might include:

This thread will showcase revamps for the most part along with some scratch sprites (but you have to wait for those for a little longer D:)
BACKGROUND:
Why choose this style of art?
These were intended to be used for a revamped 3rd gen gs remake. Most of the drive for this (project if you will) was due to the lack of creativity on Game Freak's part in devising a solid (sprite-wise) remake of GS called HeartGold and SoulSilver. I mean come on, they literally took reposed a lot of DPPt Sprites to make their life easier. This certainly did not do justice to what I was (a GSC FAN I AM) expecting out of Game Freak. Come on, FireRed and LeafGreen certainly got the best sprites (both trainer sprites and pokemon sprites) were given the best treatment. This is the sole reason why I decided to take this endeavor.

--

Tools
I use
-----
MS paint (classic)
Gimp (to make transparent pixel backgrounds)

--

So here are my works:
Note: You are certainly NOT ALLOWED to copy any of these images. However, I have the prerogative of negotiating with those who ask permission, if I find that the project you are working on would be interesting enough that would warrant you to have permission to add it. But of course, you NEED to give credit if ever, you would like to use any of these.
~ Trainers ~
Do note that the sprites on the right are included as basis and are works of Nintendo Creatures GameFreak.
If a mod decides that they are irrelevant to the viewers, I will change every art to only include the scratches.

The list is still quite small because I've done a lot of revamps as opposed to scratches (and revamps aren't allowed so...), I may update this collection depending on schedule. Time constraints and other activities limit this thread's activity, so please be patient.

Revamps
My personal favorite art style if you will.
In memory of the trainer sprites that didn't make it due to GameFreak's decision
to just recycle the DPPT ones.

- Scratch Sprites (based off FR/LG - outfit, or coloring method)
Hidden because I'm not very confident to share them, just yet! Pardon me!

Feel free to give constructive criticism on any body proportions, pixels out of place, and whatnot. It's been a while since I last made a pixel art.

And before anything else, Please enjoy your stay and thanks for visiting. :)

I'll be focusing on sprites for now.

Props to my friend esmeya for showing this subforum for me (I might have to have my old thread locked from the smeargle's studio section)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)