macle's first vgc! (ft wayne regional)

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the beginning

To start out my vgc adventure, I'm going to take us back a few days. My parents finally allowed me to drive down to Fort Wayne with Zachdro and tad. Once I realized I can go, I had to face the difficult task of getting a team. So I asked zwing on irc what i should use and he said "garchomp, zapdos, latios, weavile, metagross, and yanmega". Finally I knew what pokes were going to be on my team but i was too lazy to trade them over from my diamond version so I went to #smogonwifi and asked for them. I can't remember what happened (maybe i was high or something?) but charzaro agreed to give me the mons. So it was like wednesday, and charzaro pms me on irc asking if i can trade now right in the middle of math class and i had no fucking idea what the hell he was talking about until he told me he was giving me free mons and i was like ok but i cant trade now. So later that night i was looking for him but i forgot his name. So thursday, i was looking for him but i only knew his name began with a c. I vmd user Chielle asking for my pokes and he had no idea what i was talking about. Eventually I talked to co and charzaro and i traded. congrats on the win charzaro.

THE TRIP

i headed out to zachdro's school to catch a ride. He goes to school about 20 minutes away from me. I have no idea what he looks like but i found him. blah blah blah we pick up tad in milwaukee and we head down to chicago to pick up sixonesix. We pick him up then head to ft wayne. Once we enter the evil state of indiana, things just got fucking weird. We stop for gas and there was no real gas station. It was just like 2 rows of food and shit and a person at a counter under a canape thing. Tad and I had to run to a walmart to go piss. We come back and zach tells us there was a bathroom closer... We head back onto the road and travel closer to our goal. Then zach has to go to the bathroom and we stop at a gas station. Across the street there was a worn down building with pliewood signs saying massage. i wanted to get a "massage" but my dreams of becoming a pokemon master was to important. We finally reach the great city of ft wayne. On one side of the street there were strip malls the other was strip clubs and liquor stores. We get to our hotel and zach goes to sign in but they require someone to be 21 which none of us were >:(. So we have to move to a different hotel that was in some kind of lasso street. It was nice and it was cheaper.

Steak n Shakes

best restaurant ever maybe? We go in and try to find evan. I found him right away sitting at a table, writing stuff down in a yellow notebook, and looking indie as fuck. We go and talk to him, switch tables because synre and kaleb were coming. Synre and kaleb show up and we have a good time. Then a fucking gang comes in. tats and gang apparel all over the place. Then comes in a group of fucking punk kids with gauges so big I could stick a few finger through. So we ended up being the most normal table there. Then we headed back to our room to get sleep before becoming pokemon masters.

THE EVENT

we get to the event and register and shit. Some guy came up to tad and me and told us his smogon name (which tad and i both forgot right away). He was excited to see tad but not really me lol. Then we sat around and waited for the event to start and we were trying to find MRE. I pointed out mre by seeing him hold a free garchomp sign. Though he didn't walk up to us at all, even though evan was wearing suspenders and a duck shirt..... Then some guy comes around asking for a drought vulpix. He was really fucking creepy.

Finally, we get our round 1 pairings...

MY TEAM

weavile - focus sash
protect
ice punch
low kick
night slash

garchomp - yache
dragon claw
fire fang
eq
protect

zapdos - sitrus
tbolt
heat wave
sub
detect

yanmega - lum
bug buzzzzz
air slash
hp fire
detect

metagross - shucca
zen heabutt
eq
meteor mash
bullet punch

latios - dragon gem
dragon pulse
draco meteor
surf
thunder

R1

i faced some kid named AJ. His pants were skinnier than glen's. He lead with xatu and regice. I can't remember what I did but I won.

1-0

R2

I faced zachdro, the guy i just drove like 5 hours with discussing our teams. probably the only good battle of the day. I lost though

1-1

R3

im facing kaleb. Like fuck 2 guys in our group in a row. He had a vgc11 tr team that beat the shit out of me.

1-2

R4

Finally facing a random. He lead with shuckle and blissy. He switched shuckles def over to bliss and started minimizing. I was in tough shit. So I took out his other 3 mons and then time stalled to win.

2-2

R5

Another random, I swear he hacked his team but i beat him anyway.

3-2

r6

i just fucking crushed the guy and was the first one done with a match

4-2

r7

faced a guy with rain. I saw he had a ferrothorn and was hoping he didn't use it.

it was

politoad and armaldo vs latios and chomp

armaldo had swift swim, outspeed everything, used rock slide. Latios got flinched, garchomp hit armaldo for like 70%

next turn armaldo took out latios with x scizzor. I managed to kill armaldo but chomp died. I brought in Zapdos and Yanmega? Zapdos took care of politoad and the yanmega died to what he brought in. So it was then 1-2. He brought in ferro and i was done.

4-3

Tad won. Kaleb got 8th (?) The rest of us were in between 20-40. I got 30th place. Not bad.

Then we headed to 5 guys and ate some great food.

SHIT GOES DOWN

- will write later

No stop that's not fair, I still feel bad about that =[

Srs though, it was nice to meet you and I had fun hanging out with you this weekend! Looking forward to seeing you again in April and hopefully at Nats/Worlds! =D

No stop that's not fair, I still feel bad about that =[

Srs though, it was nice to meet you and I had fun hanging out with you this weekend! Looking forward to seeing you again in April and hopefully at Nats/Worlds! =D
Its not a big deal at all man! We didn't know for sure and couldnt get anyones attention to get a good answer. Also tournament staff were watching our battle so...not much we could do.

You probably won't see me in April, I'll likely go to Atlanta like last year, however, since I have a hotel room for sure, I will be at Nationals so I'll definitely see you there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)