MAD HOPS

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

bunnelby is so goddamn cute help me
helo, I made a few teams for XY LC and wanted to RMT this one because it is 1. the cutest, 2. the best, and 3. really fun to use. basic premise is to use pro and strong and cute as fuck Life Orb Bunnelby in conjunction with Sticky Web to plow through opposing teams, both offensive and defensive. not much else to say except here's the team.

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power Fire / Baton Pass

Surskit's job is really simple. Get up Sticky Web for the team and die. There's really not much else to it. I will say though that there have been a number of matches in which I haven't particularly needed Sticky Web and have saved Surskit and its Focus Sash to revenge kill something when nothing else on my team can. The little guy can really come in handy in clutch situations. The last slot is between Hidden Power Fire and Baton Pass, and it honestly won't matter most of the time which one you use. Baton Pass can help scout and gain momentum early game, while Hidden Power Fire can be used to deal a solid amount of damage to Ferroseed to give a teammate an easier time finishing it off. It's also just a nice safe move to go for against Bug resists when you don't want to risk missing Hydro Pump.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

With my team's goal in mind, utilizing Sticky Web and Bunnelby in order to muscle through the opposition, Pawniard seemed like a natural candidate for a slot on my team. Defiant allows Pawniard to switch into Defog and gain a +2 boost to Attack in the process, punishing opposing Vullaby and obscure Defog users for blowing away the hazard. With Gligar as the most common Defog user, this can be risky, but even without punishing Defog users, Pawniard still helps me get closer to my win condition with its powerful STAB Knock Off. By using Knock Off, I can soften up the opposing team and get rid of Berry Juice and Eviolite to make Bunnelby's life easier later on. Sucker Punch is a generally fantastic priority move as well, and it keeps me from being swept by Pokemon that don't care about Sticky Web when they try to sweep. Swords Dance is honestly mostly filler, but if I get a free turn to set up, Pawniard can punch holes himself or even rarely sweep. Stealth Rock could be used in that slot if you'd like, but it's typically not necessary for this particular team (especially considering most teams weak to Stealth Rock carry a Defog Gligar).

Staryu @ Berry Juice
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

One thing I noticed right off the bat was that an offensive Sticky Web team is going to rely on its own Speed, which means that opposing Sticky Web users could be problematic. For this reason, I decided to tack on Staryu. In general, Staryu is just a really good Pokemon anyways, so even in games where I don't need to spin, its great coverage and fantastic Speed make it totally worthwhile. I decided to use three attacks with Berry Juice rather than Eviolite with Recover because I like that Staryu can switch in much more freely without worrying about passive damage when it's got Berry Juice equipped. Its coverage has also come in handy plenty of times, keeping Tangela and other bulky Grass-types at bay without losing the ability to smack around bulky Water-types.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 HP / 116 SpA / 116 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Giga Drain

This slot was originally a Croagunk, but when it was on the team, I had major weaknesses to Electric-types, most notably Magnemite, and Gligar. Tangela remedies this issue for me and does so much more. This specific EV spread allows me to live two Flash Cannons or super effective Hidden Powers from Magnemite so that I can strike back with Knock Off. The dumbass Recycle Berry Juice set absolutely demolished me, and this set takes care of that. I can also survive three or four unboosted Acrobatics from Berry Juice Gligar and cleanly OHKO it with Hidden Power Ice. You can basically think of Tangela as a utility pivot, which can further cripple the opposing team with Knock Off and Sleep Powder and come in to take hits. It patches up all of the main weaknesses to my team in one slot, so I adore it. It also kind of helps with my Dwebble weakness, as it has a good chance to live a +2 Adamant X-Scissor from full HP. :O If you want an even better shot, add 76 Defense EVs, and it's only a 6.3% chance to OHKO.

Bunnelby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 60 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Bunnelby is the most adorable Pokemon ever to exist, and I am SO glad that it's as deadly in LC as it is snuggle-able. For LC players, Bunnelby needs no introduction, but for others: with a Jolly nature, Bunnelby hits 16 Speed and 26 Attack, has a powerful STAB Return and Quick Attack which cleanly OHKOes Carvanha, is the only Pokemon in LC with Huge Power that also has U-turn, and can wipe out any Normal resists barring Archen and airborne Ghost-types with Earthquake. Very few defensive checks to this set exist. But 16 Speed only takes it so far, which is why I'm using it alongside Sticky Web. After items are Knocked Off by Tangela and Pawniard and Sticky Web has been set, Bunnelby becomes incredibly hard to defeat.

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Protect
- Hidden Power Ground

Unfortunately, Bunnelby can't beat everything on his own. This is where Yanma comes in. With a powerful dual STAB and Speed that simply cannot be surpassed after a couple of boosts, Yanma is the ideal late-game cleaner for when Bunnelby falls just short. Yanma was kind of the natural choice for a backup cleaner because Staryu is a really reliable spinner. Might as well put it to good use! Bug Buzz hits things hard, and Air Slash even comes with the handy side effect of nearly 6-0ing Raseri getting the occasional flinch! Yanma is simply an excellent late-game cleaner and almost always does his job with ease.

That's my team! Like I said in the beginning, it's a ton of fun to use, and I totally encourage anyone looking to get into LC to give it a try. As for threats to the team, the only huge ones are Dwebble, Compound Eyes Yanma, and to a slightly lesser extent Pawniard, but they can be defeated so long as you play around them correctly. Other stuff fits that same bill (can be beaten but you need to play well), but those are the two main ones that stick out. If you have any advice on how to patch up those weaknesses without ruining the structure of the team, I'm all ears! Basically the only other thing I have to say is to try LC this gen. If you didn't like it in BW, come with a fresh mind, and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. I hated BW LC yet absolutely adore this gen. :)

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Spd / 236 Atk / 76 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Bunnelby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 220 Spd / 228 Atk / 60 Def
Jolly Nature
IVs: 23 HP
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Surskit @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 SAtk / 20 SDef / 20 Def / 36 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Sticky Web
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Staryu @ Berry Juice
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 Spd / 196 SAtk / 76 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 236 Spd / 236 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Air Slash

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 Spd / 116 SAtk / 236 HP / 116 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

edit: SHOUTOUTS TO MY NIGGA LIL GK

Last edited:
Yo bro, pretty cool team! (I was LCTestingLC that you have battled twice today). I noticed you were Gligar-weak (so you are runnin hp ice on tang) but I would rly recommend something like mixed shell smash tirtouga over yanma/bunnelby to have all the powah to kill gligar and priority if ur facin another sticky team or pawniard/meditite based teams that centers on priority. Here's the set.

TreeckoToPwful (Tirtouga) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 212 Atk / 92 SAtk / 180 Spd
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam

GL bro! ;)

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like the idea of Tirtouga over Yanma. With the whole team being around Bunnelby, he's definitely not going anywhere, but Tirtouga could be a really cool alternate win condition. The only problem then is having three Water-types, but I could probably afford to run Gligar or something over Staryu if I went that route. I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can make it work. Thanks for the rate, and it was fun battling you! :)

Well I've laddered a bit w/ tirtouga and gliscor over yanma and staryu, the team works a bit different but it's like another way to play the same style, only if you want to change some things thats another way to play :)

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Treecko

Your team is pretty solid but there are a few chinks in the team's armor. Most notably, Bunnelby is just too goddamn fucking cute, totally outshining every other Pokemon in the team and making it hard to use. !_! In terms of viability, which is less important but still pretty important, Berry Juice Shell Smashers, Misdreavus / Murkrow, and Sun are all pretty threatening to the team. I think the main reason for this is just that your team relies too heavily on Sticky Web to counter offensive threats, leaving you open to opponents that don't mind Sticky Web. Berry Juice Dwebble is a huge threat, outspeeding and OHKOing everything on the team (bar your Tang, which goes down if SR is up) at +2, and escaping revenge kill attempts from Quick Attack / Sucker Punch. Missy / Krow are immune to SWeb and can hit the team hard with special base attacks that you don't have answers to. LO Chlorophyll Tangela is a big threat too, capable of OHKOing everything on the team.

I'm a really fond user of Rain Dance Surskit if you've seen a few of my other rates and it would definitely help you in this regard. Surskit absolutely needs Rain Dance in your last slot. It's a huge middle finger to Sun, gives you a ton of offensive power, and aids your team in multiple other ways- it decreases the power of Fire-type attacks that hit half of your team super effectively, making LO Murkrow easier to handle. It also provides Starmie with a huge power boost, giving the whole team a lot more offensive firepower. Such is the power of weather control.

I am actually also really liking Own3y's suggestion of Gligar + Tirtouga > Yanma + Staryu. It's a big change, so I urge you to test it around before you actually implement it, but the combination of the two bring some distinct advantages that would definitely improve the team:

GLIGAR OVER STARMIE:
~STEALTH ROCK and DEFOG. Stealth Rock is essential for this team because it helps subdue so many threats. Murkrow can be played around easily and Sun is much less of a threat. It also further encourages Defogs and the such, though that's a smaller benefit.
~Power, speed, and bulk- it's just as fast and powerful as Starmie but is much bulkier. It takes a lot of defensive pressure off of Tangela and Pawniard, letting you use them (mainly Pawniard) for more offensive purposes. The added bulk is really needed, and it's great that with Gligar you don't need to sacrifice speed or power. Note that like Staryu Gligar can serve as a check to Misdreavus and Murkrow provided they lack Icy Wind.

TIRTOUGA OVER YANMA:
~PRIORITY. This is big. AJet smashes Dwebble to pieces and also helps handle other things in tandem with QAttack / SPunch, making it even more difficult to take sweep the team.
~Setting up- Tirtouga is a standalone sweeper that doesn't need to rely on Sticky Web or weakened opponents to reliably sweep. +2 Stone Edge and Waterfall cut through most things in the meta easily and your team can handle everything else.
~Resistances- Tirtouga is a useful check to Murkrow. Krow rarely carries HP Grass now so you can easily come in and wall it to death.
~You don't lose Water-type offense- maintaining synergy with Surskit.

There are a few disadvantages to those changes, however, that will require a few other tweaks in the team.

Hidden Power Fire > Hidden Power Ice and More SpA on Tangela. The above changes have freed up a lot of pressure on Tangela, so you can (and should) run some more power to patch up some holes. You'll notice that I suggested you change two prime special attackers to two physical attackers- so you'll need a powerful HP Fire from Tangela to cover walls like other Tangela, Foongus, and Ferroseed. (Even if you don't change Yan/Star please run HP Fire to beat Ferroseed and Foongus.) HP Fire also hits Magnemite hard, letting you kill it on the spot. More SpA boosts the power of Giga Drain, letting Tang hit things like Gligar harder and recover more HP in the process.

These are a lot of changes, but I suggest you to look over them. If you disagree with Tirt / Gligar, at least try out Tangela's modified offenses and Rain Dance Surskit. Good luck, Treecko37! :)

Gligar @ Berry Juice
Hyper Cutter / Jolly
240 Atk / 240 Spe
~Acrobatics
~Earthquake
~Defog
~Stealth Rock

Tirtouga @ Berry Juice
Sturdy / Jolly
84 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 180 Spe
~Shell Smash
~Aqua Jet
~Waterfall
~Stone Edge

Last edited:
Ok first things first infract the guy above me second thing is i have found that one of the bigger threats to your teams is actually pawniward especially if its carrying brick break so like the people above me suggested you can try out gligar to solve this problem.
Also your very murkrow weak especially to mix crow and that is a huge problem in this meta. Also sun teams are a pain in the ass with tangela running around and offensive fire types andthis doesn't help your team also you are berry smash weak which is often a win condition unless you can stop it and finally... Your wrong meowtgs the most awesome cutest pokemon in lc fanboying aside this is a rather solid team and i would give it a 8/10

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Treecko this is a swag team you have here using some interesting underrated Pokemon. Seeing as this team's composition is quite precarious as it is, I will refrain from proposing dramatic modifications. However, there are quite a few minor tweaks I believe will do you much good. First, I'd propose Timid on Yanma over Modest. Such a change is due to a few factors: being able to outspeed 19 speed Pokemon immediately, which is quite notable, as well as speed tying with Modest Tangela, a common sight in the metagame. Also, Timid allows you to outspeed all common Choice Scarfers in the LC metagame. However, this is mostly a preference change.

Next, I suggest running Brick Break over Swords Dance on Pawniard. With this team you will rarely have the chance to set up SD and sweep, while Brick Break's immediate utility due to the omnipresence of Pawniard itself and other Pokemon such as Carvanha will prove more useful in the long run. I made the switch myself and never looked back.

Also, running Rain Dance on Surskit is an option as the filler fourth moveslot, and it can prove quite useful vs Sun teams that recklessly sacrifice their Vulpix.

Overall cool team, swag bunny ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)