1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Mad World

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by TeamEmpoleon, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeamEmpoleon

TeamEmpoleon

Harsha: familiarize yourself with the metagame, don't bump within 24 hour intervals, write better descriptions... Please read the RMT rules before you post.

Gary Jules - Mad World
    All around me are familiar faces,
    worn out places, worn out faces...

I present...after a long time of testing...
    my new team...
    Mad World.

[​IMG]
    I will show you...
    my new team...
    Mad World...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

Their tears are filling up their glasses
    No expression, no expression
    Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
    No tommorow, no tommorow...

[​IMG]
    Lapras @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252HP, 252SPAtk, 4SPDef
    Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Surf
    - Waterfall

Description:
    Show Hide
    Lapas is easily the best of this team. It`s coverage with his moves is insane. Ice Beam deals with Grass-types, even though I prefer Lampent for Grass. Thunderbolt can deal alot of damage against my Water or Flying foes, and Surf and Waterfall dealing heaps, and heaps of damage to Fire-types, covering 3 Types of Pokemons, on his own.

Weaknesses:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regice is dangerous by one thing: Regice doesn`t get damaged alot by any of Lapras` moves. Another problem is the fact of the ability to Thunderbolt Lapras easily.

Also, Emboar can be an problem. Emboar`s Fighting-type makes it kind of dangerous. I wouldn`t see Emboar as too much as a problem, unless he has Flame Charged enough to outspeed Lapras.

The main problem of Lapras his weaknesses is his weakness to Rock-type moves. Skill Link Cincinno easily OHKOs Lapras with Rock Blast, and the problem with Regirock being common as well, makes an huge problem for Lapras.

The Grass-type is less of an problem. Even though Cincinno also easily OHKOs Lapras with Leech Seed. Yet, another problem is Amoonguss, easily using Spore and Giga Drain, making me rage on Amoonguss.

And I find it kind of funny...
    I find it kind of sad
    The dreams in which I`m dying...
    are the best I ever had...

[​IMG]
    Slaking @ Choice Band
    Trait: Truant
    EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Giga Impact
    - Hammer Arm

Description:
    Show Hide

This beast would sweep alot of Pokémons with ease. But this insane thing gets stopped from destroying whole teams by giving him an Truant ability. This really stops Slaking from doing his job.
    He is my strongest Pokémon from the team, but sadly, not the best.

Weaknesses:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]

Normal-types always proved to be strong against any type, and even it`s immunity against Ghost-types makes it kind of strong.
    As I already told Slaking is almost unstoppable, he is sadly also stopped by the bulky Fighting-types. Sadly.

I find it hard to tell you...
    I find it hard to take...
    When people run in circles...
    it`s an very very...
    Mad World...Mad World...

[​IMG]
    Regirock @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252HP, 252Atk, 4SpDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rock Slide
    - Drain Punch
    - Psych Up

Children waiting for the day they feel good...
    Happy birthday, happy birthday...
    And I feel that every child should..
    Sit and listen, sit and listen...

Description:

Show Hide

Regirock was the worst of my team. Perhaps because I had an different moveset. I have no real description for now, because this is an freshly, new moveset!

Weaknesses:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An heap of weaknesses. I wish Regirock didn`t have weaknesses to Fighting. Nor Grass. Nor Ground. Nor Water...
    His weaknesses make him bad in alot of situations. Almost EVERY Pokémon has one of those typed moves. Even tho, Regirock is my lead. Just because his ability to lay Rocks.

[​IMG]
    Regice @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252HP, 252SpAtk, 4SpDef
    Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Description:
    Show Hide

Regice. Yes, Regice.
    On the first sight, I did doubt if Regice did work out good. Luckily, Regice did do awesome job in alot of battles.
    Go, Regice!

Weaknesses:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing special about the weakness of Steel-typed attacks. The only Steel move I have ever saw yet was Automatize on Vanilluxe. It didn`t even damage me.

Emboar, again, is the lead of my problems in Fire, and slightly in Fighting. Emboar is only blushed out by Lapras.

Sawk is strengthy against Regice, breaking the Ice (ba dum tss), and being super-effective.

Went to school...
    and I was very nervous...
    No one knew me...
    No one knew me...

[​IMG]7.

[​IMG]
    Vanilluxe @ Leftovers
    Trait: Weak Armor
    EVs: 252HP, 4SpAtk, 252SpDef
    Calm Nature (+SpDef, -Atk)
    - Automatize
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Substitute

Description:
    Show Hide
    Vanilluxe is like; my only help when Lapras AND Regice fainted, or when I am battling against "weak to fighting" Pokémons

Weaknesses:
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nothing special about the weakness of Steel-typed attacks. The only Steel move I have ever saw yet was Automatize on Vanilluxe. It didn`t even damage me.

Emboar, again, is the lead of my problems in Fire, and slightly in Fighting. Emboar is only blushed out by Lapras.

Sawk is strengthy against Vanilluxe, breaking the Ice (ba dum tss), and being super-effective.

Hello teacher tell me...
    what`s my lesson?
    Look right through me,
    look right through me...

[​IMG]
    Lampent @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4Atk, 252SpAtk, 252Spe
    Mild Nature (+SpAtk, -Def)
    - Energy Ball
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic

Description
    Show Hide
    My favorite revenge killer of the current meta-game. Even though being outsped by most other scarfers; he is fast enough to kill alot of Pokémons. Lampent`s coverage, with his moves, is AMAAAZING

Show Hide

Weaknesses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alot of weaknesses, but still, an AWESOME revenge killer.

Le finale...

And I find it kind of funny...
    I find it kind of sad...
    The dreams in which I`m dying are the best I ever had...
    I find it hard to tell you...
    I find it hard to take...
    When people run in circles it`s a very very...

Mad World...

Mad World...

Enlarging your world...

Mad World...

2. TeamEmpoleon

TeamEmpoleon

Threat list is coming up!
  3. WhiteDMist

WhiteDMist PU! We don't stink though!
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus

To be perfectly honest, I question the viability of this team. 3 Ice types, a Fire-type revenge killer with base 55 Speed and a Mild Nature, and Slaking all on the same team? That seems pretty gimmicky already, and I haven't really gone in-depth yet. The massive Rock weakness seems crippling, and the overall slowness of your team means that a Scarf Rampardos can blow through most of your team on its own. Your EV spreads and even a few of your natures are pretty odd and inefficient. Regirock and Regice seem to be the most effective Pokemon on your team, and you don't even seem to think Regirock is good! I seriously recommend that you head over to Battling 101 and work on team synergy and overall strategy a bit. I'll give your team a few tests later to see if something can come of it, but I don't really think it will. Remember, the ladder isn't really the most reliable way to gauge a team's effectiveness.

Edit: After a few tests, I can safely say that this team needs a makeover. The triple Ice types,Giga Impact (and no Sucker Punch) Slaking, uninvested Automomize Vanilluxe, and Mild Scarf Lampent just all fail to work against even below average players. I highly doubt it'll work against average to high level players.

Edit 2: The point of RMT is to rate how good your team is while giving some changes that improve the efficiency. For actual tips, Battling 101 is the place to go. The rules, especially number 16, explain this.
  4. Kayo

Kayo

I completely agree with WhiteD. I'm not 100% sure if it was him that I battled but he used your team on Showdown today to test it out and see how it did. With haxs killing one of my pokes he ended up losing to my team 4-0. The thing about your team is they all have crucial simular weaknesses. You made it that one of two pokemon can just run all over your current set up. My Ludicolo set up had a field day against this team because it leech seeded with ease and anything that switched into it, Ludicolo could hit really effectively. You need to change up your team so its not as redundant. Vanillux is clearly the pokemon that has to go first on your team. You have a Regice and Lapras that already know Icebeam, why need another?
  5. SuperCharizardMaster

SuperCharizardMaster

Can I also say a terrible weakness to fighting?
  6. TeamEmpoleon

TeamEmpoleon

Uhm. Could you give me tips, instead of tell what my weaknesses is?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)