1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

!maet moor kcirt yM

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Bogaragaraga, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Bogaragaraga

Bogaragaraga

So, this is my first post here on Smogon, I've migrated here from Serebii and thought I'd post my favorite team for you guys to see what you can dream up about it.

Basic overview:

This is a trick room team that I've been using for a while. I've had decent success with it, but stalls shit all over this team, and some pokemon carrying substitute can mess with it pretty good. It's pretty heavy offensively (as a TR team should be) with 2 of my set-up carrying nasty plot, and has some good offensive combos that makes it difficult to wall completely. However, this comes at a cost. Five sweepers costs me most defensive support moves (like roar or rapid spin) and gives me limited slots for recovery moves, meaning my matches tend to be fairly short.

Any criticism or improvements you might have would be appreciated!

PRIMARY SETUP

[​IMG]
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP, 202 Def, 56 SpD
    Nature: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)
    0 Spe IV
    -Trick Room
    -Recover
    -Magic Coat
    -Tri Attack

Porygon2 is a reliable lead to set up trick room, and is bulky enough to be able to continue setting up throughout the match. Trace is just a great ability, it really makes him fun to play. It has so many uses, there are lots of useful abilities for him to trace in this tier (sheer force, serene grace, magic bounce, regenerator, natural cure, magic guard, etc). With defensive stats of 374/399/396, along with reliable recovery, he doesn't go down easily. Magic coat also keeps him safe from Toxic as long as it’s fairly predictable. It gets me some free rocks often as well; lots of teams try to set up on turn 1 (he normally leads). Magic coat is also what makes him so reliable for setting up Trick Room, as it gives him a way to avoid the taunts and phazing moves that would otherwise shut my team down. Recover is recover, and tri attack is to give him a way to do a bit of damage and status as the time. He has no useful resistances to offer, but resists the ghost that my other 2 set up are weak to, and is neutral to dark, their other weakness. They also both resist his weakness, but he has no useful synergy with my physical trick room abusers. 0 Spe IV is for being as slow as possible in TR. STABed fighting is the best way to take him down, but that’s fairly predictable, but toxic can work equally well as long as he doesn’t magic coat.

POWERHOUSE SWEEPER

[​IMG]
    Druddigon @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SpD
    Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
    0 Spe IV
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Superpower
    -Sucker Punch

Banddigon has proven to be my favorite sweeper under TR. With 180 BP outrage coming off a mammoth 538 attack stat, any team without a steel type will struggle against my team thanks to this guy. Rough Skin is a great ability overall, but it shines on him. Switching into a physical attack after Trick Room on a low health attacker (often with LO) can KO, letting me choose whatever attack I want to deal with the switch in, rather than being locked into anything, and lets me use my turns of TR efficiently. Outrage can 2hko anything but completely devoted physical walls and steel types, and 1hkos anything that's not physically bulky. Superpower and Earthquake were chosen mostly for hitting steel types, and Sucker Punch is the much needed priority (remember, no phazing moves). His EVs are aimed for the best bulk and attack he can get, the Brave nature maxes out his attack and lowers his speed so he can “outspeed” more pokemon. The 0 Spe IV is for the same reason. Reistances to Electric and Grass make him a good switch in to and from Slowking, along with his Ice weakness being resisted by the King. His largest counter is W-o-W and Scald burns, but it can be avoided with good switches, but Prankster Sableye has really been pissing him off since the release, but he's still the MVP abuser.

BACKUP SETUP/SWEEPER

[​IMG]
    Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
    Ability: Mummy
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 6 Def
    Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
    2 Spe IV
    -Trick Room
    -Nasty Plot
    -Shadow Ball
    -HP Fighting

Cofagrigus is a hugely underrated pokemon in my opinion. He has a great movepool that lacks only recovery, and his stats aren't bad either. This is an offensive Cofagrigus, but his natural bulk allows him to take hits like a champ, often managing to set-up another Trick Room after one succesful sweep thanks to leftovers recovery. His attacking moves have excellent coverage, while having a boosting move along with Trick Room allows him to boost without being crippled by the limited amount of turns (like Slowking). Mummy is such an underrated ability it’s ridiculous, but can also be exploited by the other team. It also lets him play a semi-counter to Machamp. Thanks to being slower than him, he can set up NPs while Machamp tries to Payback, or switch out and leave him with a 50% accuracy STAB. His EVs and nature are for maximum bulk and power, and the 2 Spe IV is to lower his speed for Trick Room while still having 70 power on HP Fighting. He shares ghost and dark weaknesses with Slowking, but he is defensive on the physical side while Slowking is special, meaning they can normally set-up on a STABed ghost/dark type attack if Porygon2 is down. He is a good switch in to and from Porygon2, and Escavalier is a good switch in for after a Trick Room as he resists his 2 weaknesses. He also resists Slowkings bug weakness, giving him another viable switch in for to let regenerator do its work.

WALLBREAKER/MIXED SWEEPER

[​IMG]
    Eelektross @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SpA, 6 HP
    0 Spe IV
    -Wild Charge
    -Flamethrower
    -Grass Knot
    -Brick Break

Eelektross is a bulky, mixed attacking electric type with levitate and a great movepool on all sides. What's not to love? For me, wild charge is the STAB, while flamethrower and grass knot cover the special end with some good coverage. Brick break is more coverage, as well as to break the screens that could otherwise mess with my team. As I've been writing this, I've thought to make him a bit more of a supportive abuser with dragon tail, volt switch, and more bulk and leftovers. That could be an extremely shitty set, I dunno, I'm pretty stoned right now. I'm looking for a better mixed expert belt set if anyone has one too! His EVs/nature make both his attacking stats high enough to be scary, while the –Spe nature and 0 Spe IV keep him as slow as possible. He resists Slowkings Electric weakness, making him a good switch in for after TR is set up. He also has the handy ability Levitate making him a good switch in against anything spamming earthquake. Mold Breaker EQ is a big counter to him, but anyone with a sufficiently strong STAB attack with typing to resist his attacks could be considered a counter as well (he's the most fragile on my team).

SECONDARY SETUP/SWEEPER

[​IMG]
    Slowking @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 6 SpD
    0 Spe IV
    -Trick Room
    -Nasty Plot
    -Surf
    -Psychic

Slowking is an excellent multipurpose Pokemon on this team, being able to set up Trick room supportively, switch into others weaknesses, and sweep in Trick Room himself. Regenerator is great on him and his role, as he can set up Trick Room for an abuser and come out of it unscathed. He also has a huge amount of resistances in his teammates to switch into, letting regenerator provide the recovery he needs without slack off. Surf and psychic are both STABed high power moves and have pretty good coverage. They have more power than Cofagrigus’ attacks, and his attack is slightly higher, allowing him to sweep a bit more effectively. Like Cofagrigus, he can also set up and sweep without being limited by the limited time in trick room, but he can also switch out (recovering thanks to regenerator) when his own Trick Room runs out, not just fainting after a sweep as Cofagrigus might. He also covers the special side, so he can normally handle a hit from Zoroark to set up trick room, while Cofagrigus can take a night slash from Weavile. His EVs and Nature are the same as the rest, full bulk with full attack while keeping his speed as slow as possible. His resistances are all covered by my abusers, and he resists their weaknesses, making any of them an ideal switch in or out. Each of the other set ups also carry a resistance to his weaknesses, making it easy to switch out after he’s attempted a sweep but run out of Trick Room. I haven’t run into any solid counter to him as long as I’ve used him, but Empoleon does resist his attacks. Other Slowking/Bros can wall him, but often can’t put a dent in him themselves, letting him set up as many NPs as he wants. MVP on the support side.

BULKY SWEEPER

[​IMG]
    Escavalier @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swarm
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SpD
    Nature: Brave (+Atk, Spe)
    0 Spe IV
    -Swords Dance
    -Megahorn
    -Iron Head
    -Double-Edge

Escavalier has a massive attack stat, his speed is among the lowest in the game, he has one of the best typings in the game, he has excellent defensive stats… but unfortunately… he has no movepool. If his STABed bug/steel attacking combo is resisted, its not likely he’s breaking through unless it's a squishy fire. Still, he has enough good points about him to make that worth the trade off. Swarm is another ability I love, if he gets down to the red on a switch in and has 3 turns of TR to go, wetting yourself would probably be an appropriate response (with swarm and life orb, megahorn is 363 BP coming off of 405 Atk). Swords dance gives him the option to boost if he needs to, and with it he can be a serious threat to any team lacking a fire attack. Double-Edge lets him 1HKO some dangerous fire types after rocks when trick room is up. His EVs/nature give him, like everyone else, the most power and bulk he can get (man, does anybody have a different way to say that?), while the 0 Spe IV and –Spe nature once again keeps him as slow as possible. His great typing doesn’t go to waste on this team, making him a good switch in and out for Slowking, Cofagrigus, and Druddigon. Chandelure walls him pretty good.

Well there it is.
    Thanks for reading!
  2. CaseyL

CaseyL

Keep Elektross as offensive as possible. You only get 5 turns of TR, so you have to make them count as much as possible, and Elektross is pretty good already. I would keep him as he is right now.
  3. Bogaragaraga

Bogaragaraga

y u no rate!?!?!
  4. Bogaragaraga

Bogaragaraga

so I know I'm not the best at writing these things, but 346 views and 1 piece of helpful advice... help me out please :)

BUMP OF THE GODS

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)