Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I have prior experience in Epicmafia, PO server mafia,

and more relevantly, PO's Forum Mafias

and um, my opinion? I throw suspicion on Empoof and zorbees. Zorbees evidently has wishy washy voting patterns, while Empoof is tunneling me... somehow... with a bad reason; and that he does not think Zorbees is scum

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
And the first time I played PO Forum mafia, I got immediately lynched day 1 even though I was so town and the whole town tunnelled me(they lost, btw),

Jalmont hosted that game. He can vouch^

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay lets start with a few corrections.

shinyskarmory your chances of lynching mafia are wrong, we only have 14 options because we are obviously not lynching the person we already choosen to bre sentried.

Next zorbees, there is 50 seconds between your post calling me out to vote and me actually voting, and I take my time on posts, so yeah it was in no way a reaction to your post. Just would like to make that clear.

Now for the last 2 pages of stuff:

Okay I got a couple of things to comment, general inactivity even while having fingers pointed at them, but honestly I just slept through two pages and I'm one of the less busy people around so I will give those time to react on their own.

Now on the other hand Shining Latios had more than enough time and when he did reply he basically said: "I don't like no lynching, and I don't like shinyskarmory because I don't like no lynching." shinyskarmory was already obviously disliked, too easy of a target, it was basically bandwagoning on a general agreement right there. Add to that he only vote shinyskarmory 3 posts later, why wait with the voting.

Speaking of voting, it was generally bandwagoning in both cases, no additional explanation in either post. For his non voting posts, both were replies, one already mentioned the other one was "Not odd at all. Nothing has even happened yet. Like the others, my vote will most likely change." on why he randomly bandwagoned on Walrein(which honestly doesn't explain why).

Really just start talking please, if you vote provide reasons. I can see this accounting to being afraid from talking not wanting to die, but that doesn't help us, if you are villager you shouldn't be afraid.

How did me voting "no lynch" earlier defeat your ability to see if people are buddying? I fail to see the connection-please enlighten me.
It's just that if everyone thinks they can vote no lynch and not have to post anything substantial then the village will get absolutely nowhere. I admit I didn't read carefully enough and didn't notice when you said you'd change your vote later, but you could have just unvoted, you didn't have to no lynch.

I'm tired of debating about no lynch now it is getting pretty distracting from the village's real purpose.

I'm kind of disappointed in Da Letter El not really contributing much after promising to make the most of this day. IIRC he hasn't voted in awhile, and since he is primarily one of the better NOC players, I'd really like for him to present some of his opinions on who should ultimately be voted out today.

Dale what do you think of askaninjask, Infinity.Cypher, and Walrein?

Unvote
Vote Jalmont

Jalmont isn't an idiot. He has the potential to actually help the village I really don't know why he is adamant at avoiding to post reads and just avoiding to post in the thread in general.

Jalmont what do you think of askaninjask, Infinity.Cypher, and Walrein?

Sorry for not posting over the past 20 or so hours, school and other activities have kept me busy. Anyways, I've read through the thread, and I still have trouble reading people. It seems to me that most people, are still all over the place, making it hard to have any real idea of who's village and who's mafia. For me, Zorbees is the one that has been the most all-over-the-place, accusing a lot of people, changing votes, etc. I still don't know who to vote for, but for now I'm leaning Zorbees, so

Unvote
Lynch Zorbees

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
I've been switching around because I am a staunch believer that if you only put pressure on a couple of people, the village will get tunnel vision and miss out on a lot of information. I've generally accused inactives or people I feel aren't contributing that much, but I do feel as if some of the more active people are probably scum. It's sad we've only had a couple of posts today so far, but I imagine a lot of people are busy, and also timezones.

I am going to switch around once again, going to unlynch TPM and lynch Shining Latios. I don't really like how he hasn't posted anything of relevance at all, yet hasn't had much more than a couple of votes on him. I'm starting to think he is actively trying to shy away from discussion.

Votecount 1.6 - Static Noise

Lynch:
Jalmont: (3) Infinity.Cypher askaninjask Spiffy
zorbees: (2) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
shinyskarmory: (2) LightWolf zorbees Spiffy Shining Latios
Metal Sonic: (2) zorbees Da Letter El Empoof
askaninjask: (1) Jalmont
Shining Latios: (1) Empoof Eagle4 zorbees
Infinity.Cypher: (1) zorbees Eagle4
TPM: (0) zorbees
No Lynch: (0) shinyskarmory More Cowbell
Walrein: (0) Da Letter El askaninjask Shining Latios Metal Sonic More Cowbell
LightWolf: (0) zorbees Spiffy Empoof
TPM: (0) Spiffy
Empoof: (0) zorbees
Eagle4: (0) zorbees
Spiffy: (0) Walrein
Not Voting: (3) TPM, Walrein, Metal Sonic

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is in 72 - 6 = 66 hours, 4:00 AM GMT (11:00 PM EST).

~*~

Deadlines will shorten by {6, 12, 18, 24} according to inactivity.

I wanted to be more active earlier today but apparently I can't post from the school computers. There is really one thing that I can say about this game so far and its that I just can't get a good read on people, especially certain ones who based on the pressure placed on them and their activity.
I feel that is at least partially because I am unfamiliar with several of the "big names" playing and might not be inferring things that more regular players are. A few players in particular come to mind; Da Letter El, askaninjask, and Spiffy are the big ones. I'd like to know how these players normally try to play the game; what sort of strategies they use and such. I guess anyone could that for me but I'd be especially interested if they were to answer themselves.

Also, one player who has been bothering, and just because of the penta-posts, Metal Sonic. His posts are brief and sporadic, containing little of value. I don't think "not used to smogon" is a good excuse for acting so scatterbrained, especially if he has played other mafia games before. I don't feel like we're going to get anything of substance out of him unless we apply some actual pressure on him so Lynch Metal Sonic

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Lots of times, votes don't come one at a time. Take the latest example of walrein voting for you right after I did. Generally, if you act suspicious in the eyes of one person, you're probably looking suspicious in the eyes of some others. This is why votes tend to come like this, and then why it is sometimes hard to pick out scum jumping on a bandwagon they know is wrong with townies jumping on one that they believe could be right. I don't think I'll be changing my vote for a while though, because you haven't said anything to make me change it.

Just posting to say that I'm traveling to Belgium tomorrow, and so I can't post much until I arrive in Belgium, so sorry about that :/
Looking from when I last posted, I'm still unsure over whether Zorbees is mafia or not. Changing his votes a lot can be interpreted in two ways; he's trying to pressure people who could turn out to be mafia, or he just second guesses himself. Either way, there's definitely not enough evidence to suggest he could be mafia.

More Cowbell and Shining Latios, what do you think of the following players?

Spiffy, TPM, LightWolf, Infinity.Cypher, shinyskarmory

Spiffy - Almost always agrees with zorbees
TPM - Hasn't really done anything that makes me think he is part of the mafia yet
LightWolf - Seems a bit suspicious
Infinity.Cypher - Has barely even posted so can't really say anything
Shinyskarmory - His post about No Lynching was a suspicious to me, but his other post concerning zorbees and Walrein were decently true

DLE

Post 1: randlynches Walrein

Post 2: Asks to be sentried.

Post 3: Sentries himself

Post 4: Unvotes Walrein, votes Metal Sonic. Says that he finds both of them to be suspicious.

DLE gets sentried here.

Post 5: Asks Empoof about 'sadly' agreeing with him. Also

AW YEA SUP MAF WHAT YOU GON DO
Post 6: Asks Empoof who he thinks the most suspicious player is

Post 7: Tells me and Lightwolf that we're both stupid for even considering the possibility of a NL.

Post 8: Says that Lightwolf is right to be cautious but we need to lynch somebody

Post 9: says Empoof and Infinity Cypher are mafia with nothing to back it up.

Post 10: Makes fun of Metal Sonic, then asks him about prior mafia experience.

I just want to point out here that most of DLE's posts were in the first 4 hours of the game (he got sentried after post 4 which was about 4 hours in) and today he hasn't posted anything. Obviously we shouldn't lynch him today since he's sentried, but we should put him on the watchlist for tomorrow.

I want my reads to be as accurate as possible, so I'm not reviewing anybody with less then 5 posts in the thread (this includes askaninjask). However, that doesn't mean that I'm not flagging all of said people to look at later.

More Cowbell and Shining Latios, what do you think of the following players?

Spiffy, TPM, LightWolf, Infinity.Cypher, shinyskarmory
Spiffy: seems to be a knowledgeable player, also appears to be contributing. I don't think he's mafia.
TPM: really hasn't said much so far, so really hard to say.
LightWolf: somewhat suspicious right at the start, but since then has contributed some. Has been rather inactive last day, though. Not sure whether village or mafia, I think village.
Infinity.Cypher: much like TPM, hasn't said much so far, hard to get a read on.
shinyskarmory: suspicious because of the No Lynch, but then again, I did the same thing. I realize now that No Lynching is the worst way of getting information, so I got that out of the way. skarmory has changed votes since then, too, so I really don't know about him, either.
Askaninjask (whom Walrein asked for): hasn't contributed much of anything so far, while I would expect him to, since he is (afaik) one of the more knowledgeable mafia players out here.

Damn, I know I'm bad at mafia, but this NOC mafia is a whole new thing. I still don't really know who I want to vote for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)