Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

Actually I counted wrong if I vote for Eagle4 shinyskarmory doesn't get to hammer.

Anyway Unvote Walrein
Vote Eagle4

A lot of this has to do with Eagle4 and Walrein buddying eachother during some of their posts and both think the other is village. I really think Walrein is mafia so this buddying of Walrein makes me think Eagle4 is his mafia teammate.

Spiffy, if you were to vote for Eagle4 now, shinyskarmory would not be able to hammer; he'd bring Eagle4 to L-1 and survive the day. Like you said, it's very difficult to determine what shinyskarmory's reasoning behind lynching himself is; either he is mafia and this is a last effort to shift the vote back to Eagle4, or he really doesn't care anymore. What he's doing is very similar to what infinity.cypher did, but that still doesn't necessarily make him sane. Damn this NOC thing, the whole reverse psychology back and forth is pretty complex.

Thinking more about it, I'm actually more inclined to believe shinyskarmory would leave it as a tie if he was mafia because that way he would survive the day. I think its very townlike to make sure that the vote doesn't end in a tie. And Walrein never posted his analysis of Eagle4 for some reason despite promising to, which makes me believe he doesn't want to bring more attention to himself after Eagle4 flips mafia.

Votecount 2.14

Lynch:
shinyskarmory: (6) zorbees Shining Latios Eagle4 zorbees Walrein Eagle4 LightWolf shinyskarmory L-1
Eagle4: (5) Jalmont shinyskarmory More Cowbell Metal Sonic askaninjask TPM Spiffy L-2
zorbees: (1) Spiffy TPM Jalmont
Walrein: (0) Spiffy zorbees
Shining Latios: (0) shinyskarmory More Cowbell LightWolf Eagle4
Spiffy: (0) askaninjask Walrein Metal Sonic zorbees
Not Voting: (1) Empoof

With 13 alives it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 30 minutes, 4:00 PM GMT.

~*~

The timestamps here are slow by about 3-4 minutes. Watch out for slightly early deadlines!

Votecount 2.15

Lynch:
Eagle4: (6) Jalmont shinyskarmory More Cowbell Metal Sonic askaninjask TPM Spiffy shinyskarmory L-1
shinyskarmory: (5) zorbees Shining Latios Eagle4 zorbees Walrein Eagle4 LightWolf shinyskarmory L-2

With 13 alives it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 10 minutes, 4:00 PM GMT.

Votecount 2.16 - DEADLINE

Lynch:
Eagle4: (6) Jalmont shinyskarmory More Cowbell Metal Sonic askaninjask TPM Spiffy shinyskarmory L-1
shinyskarmory: (5) zorbees Shining Latios Eagle4 zorbees Walrein Eagle4 LightWolf shinyskarmory L-2

~*~

You would not have expected eagles to make difficult your quest of climbing a pit, of all things. How happy you were when a family of four decided to pay you a visit -- so much that you had to part with all four at the same time.

You're not sure if they enjoyed the fall, but the majority of you certainly did.

Eagle4 was Insane.

~*~

I'll start D3 in 6 hours, seeing as the scumteam has already agreed on a kill target. Have a little breather until then.

You wake up to the sound of singing birds. Yesterday came to be a prosperous day, so as if to compensate, the night left with it a corpse. Nasty stuff.

Jalmont was Sane.

~*~

Votecount 3.1

Lynch:
Not Voting: (11) Walrein, Shining Latios, LightWolf, Spiffy, More Cowbell, askaninjask, zorbees, TPM, shinyskarmory, Empoof, Metal Sonic

Sentry:
Not Voting: (11) Walrein, Shining Latios, LightWolf, Spiffy, More Cowbell, askaninjask, zorbees, TPM, shinyskarmory, Empoof, Metal Sonic

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is in 119 hours, 10:00 PM GMT (midnight GMT+2).

Actually buddying it a pretty bad word to describe the relationship between you two. It's really the fact that he thought you were the most clean player multiple times. Plus you claimed that you just "skim through his posts so you can't really read him accurately" or something to that effect.

This supports my suspicion of you being mafia. Along with you not posting an Eagle4 analysis for whatever reason.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lynch Walrein

Eagle4, I think on day 1, definitely early in day 2, was of the opinion that Walrein was pretty clear town. However, when some more pressure came his way, he decided that Walrein wasn't as clearly town as he thought, and decided he would rather sentry Spiffy. I view this as an attempt to, if lynched, defuse the accusations of him buddying Walrein. Since Eagle4 was mafia, Spiffy's post obviously didn't convince him of anything, so he had to have had an ulterior motive for making the switch. I still haven't been that convinced that Walrein is town, and he was on the same vote as Eagle4 (not singling him out as the only one, as I was on that vote too [although I would have switched had I seen him vote himself], but when combined with everything else, I feel like it puts it over the top)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Me not posting an eagle4 analysis was a combination of video game addiction, fatigue, and sheer laziness. Me skimming his posts is because they were tl;dr without actually having all that much content. I don't find it that odd that he claimed to find me clean since aska had stated that he had a town read on me before my shitty first half of day 2 and Eagle probably figured "this is a safe thing to say".

anyways, let's see what we can do with the information that eagle is mafia (warning: bulletpoints incoming)

-Eagle's desperate attempt to push the lynch onto SS in the end leads me to believe that SS might actually be village

-TPM made an interesting point yesterday that while zorbees repeatedly voiced suspicion of Eagle, he danced around the issue of actually voting for him. He said that it was in order to give Eagle a chance to defend himself, but voting is still a good way to apply pressure

-Shining Latios barely defended himself against Eagle's scum accusations

-In addition to me, Eagle also said he found Spiffy clean and wasn't sure why people considered him scum.

-Eagle repeatedly called Metal Sonic suspicious, but qualified it with things such as "but I don't think he's mafia" or "I never said it was scummy, just bad"

I find the last point rather suspicious, especially given Metal Sonic's posting behavior throughout the day.

Vote Metal Sonic. Defend yourself.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
@all the buddying accusations: is it not possible that Eagle was simply latching on to me to make himself look cleaner while alive/me look more guilty when he died?

itp: shinyskarmory reads every person still alive in the game

This post isn't going to be too long, because I'm about to start another game of LoL, but I'll elaborate on any of my reads if you guys ask.

On Day 2's self vote: I knew the vote was tied after LightWolf voted. I voted myself because I wanted to force somebody to actually hammer me in order to get me lynched, not just jump on the bandwagon and wait until the day runs out.

On to the reads. A "10" equals "confirmed scum", and a 1 equals "confirmed village".

Walrein: I was a little annoyed with him for jumping on the "me" bandwagon yesterday, and he's still questionable in my book. However, I don't think that he's our best vote right now. 6/10

Shining Latios:
I know hosts hate it when players try to meta them, but I've come to the conclusion that any host who would put SL on a mafia team is probably not that great a host. Since Blue_Tornado is a good host, SL is probably not mafia. 5/10 but he's still an idiot

LightWolf:
I used to think LightWolf was village but after his long post leading up to his vote on me I'm not sure. He's an experienced player, so he would know that putting a lynch vote at a tie is a bad idea. Also, I feel as if the village as a whole would benefit from him breaking up his posts into smaller ones so they're easier to read and analyze. 7/10

Spiffy:
Getting a pretty town read on him right now. Maybe some of that has to do with him deciding not to kill me Day 2-I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow. Active, good posts, and in general just seems like a good guy to have around right now. 3/10

More Cowbell: One of the users I think should try to be a little more active. He was on for the lynch Day 2 but wasn't really active in the game much more then that. None of his posts are outright scummy to me but the lackluster activity is a little suspicious. 5/10

askaninjask:
Oh boy, Aska. Was much more active on day 2 and his posts were pretty high quality. I think he's town, but as always being an experienced player makes him a little more likely to be mafia. Shouldn't be a problem though. 4/10

zorbees:
I've cooled on him since day one. He seems a little scummy but I wouldn't be gunning for him right now. Bigger fish to fry. 5/10

TPM:
He's suspiciously inactive, and he tends to jump on anybody promoting any lynch at all. As a result I think he's fairly scummy. 7/10

shinyskarmory:
confirmed town. 1/10

Empoof:
Going MIA for like 3/4 of Day 2 wasn't great for him in my eyes, but apparently it wasn't entirely his fault so I'll give him a bye on that. 5/10

Metal Sonic: It's day three now, and there are only 11 people left. I'm not going to give Sonic a bye on his time zone anymore since he's managed to be online for both the Day 2 lynch and when I started writing this post. He seems fairly suspicious for me but I'd like to see a little more from him before I decide on him. 6.5/10

going to bed for now, but I'll see you all tomorrow!

shinyskarmory, I don't outright think that being inactive is scummy. Like I stated before, I try to add my opinion to the discussion, but oftentimes I just don't know what to add to the discussion, because most things already got mentioned. I'll try to be more active, though, and share my opinion on things.

This day, so far, I don't like what Metal Sonic is doing. His first post adds exactly nothing to any discussion at all, and then his second post is a ''no you''-post directed at Walrein, though I think Walrein asked a legitimate question; Eagle4 seemed to defend you, but for whatever reason? It may be something you can't help, but for now, I find it suspicious.

Lynch Metal Sonic

I can't really place my finger on it yet, and there has been little activity on Day 3 so far, but for now I'm leaning Metal Sonic.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh come on people, less tunnel vision please.(ironic when we consider I'm lynching SL at the end of this post, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking at other things)

Either way, first I will address SS. Duh that everyone would prefer that my posts didn't take up two screens worth of pixels, but at that point you surely can agree that I kind of had no other option to make up for my inactivity. Or would you honestly prefer, considering how much I wrote, a decapost?

For tying the vote, I can present two fairly simple reasons why that happened: 1. I believed you to be more likely to be a mafia, so I voted you, there is nothing wrong with that, and after the revelation of the tie I obviously wouldn't have left it at that, I'm not stupid, a no lynch just leads to a MYLO later which I want to avoid! 2. Honestly, I didn't realise I was tying it(not hypocritical for saying this! My problem with Walrein was that he said this when no one asked!). Did you look at the size of my post? How long do you think that did? I even mention in it that I wasted 20 mins on looking up a very old noc game of mine. When I started writing it, Walrein's was the last post. I do not deny refreshing before posting, heck I even added a line about one of your latest posts, but really that's not the only reason I didn't realise I was tying it. You were actually at L-3, that's pretty close to being lynched, and has been marked as such in the past, yet in this case it wasn't, I merely skimmed over most newer posts since I saw I had barely more than hour left, and really wanted to leave people enough time to actually read my monster post. By the time I realised I tied it, you had already untied and honestly the self sacrifice act didn't change my mind at the time.

Either way, back to the lynching business. In my monster post, I brought up the possible link between SL and Eagle based on the day 1 MS wagon(sure could have been an attempt to make himself look clean if SL gets lynched and he ends up clean, but lets not WIFOM). Shining Latios also voted SS(yes so did I and a couple of others, this is only circumstantial evidence, but what isn't) and everything I have already stated about SL still stands, so my vote returns to him. Vote Shining Latios

For my sentry vote, I believe self survival is the most important thing, because each person can only honestly trust himself, and I'd rather make a wrong decision myself, than possibly let someone who might be mafia continue. But in this case, I believe there is some one else that the majority can easily believe is clean. Sure SS, I tried to lynch you yesterday, but that failed lynch, your relationship with Eagle through the game, and the fact you'd have to be an Oscar level actor to pull this off(and honestly I do not think you'd take this risk, or anyone else for that matter). So yeah, I know I can't get myself sentried, so I will settle on the next best option. Sure I may not trust his judgement, but I can trust his sanity, and if I can make sure a sure sane person gets as far as LYLO, I will take that chance. Guaranteeing his survival also assures that we have less suspects every day, as mafia is forced to kill non clean people!

Sentry shinyskarmory

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi

Because I am like the #1 scumhunter and voted out the Eagle(along with Jalmont, I <3 Jalmont), like, now I'll post my #1 accurate reads(shinyskarmory's reads are just wrong) because I'm #1(ego up ._.)

Also its Day 3 about time to post something of actual use right now

Firstly, the top 3 idiots of this game: MSSSSL! Honestly, even though these three have posted very crappy, suspicious, and outright weird posts, I get a definite town vibe read, and I believe them to be sane, if only unhelpful.

Now the tl;dr posters, in order of Town >>> Scum:

Spiffy: Very good posts when pressured. I get town vibes from him. Even if he happens to be the mafia, we can 'blackmail' him for opinions so that he will still benefit the town either way. Town Read

askaninjask: Really cool name. Also making good posts during the day. I get town reads. If he is the mafia, at least he is benefiting the town right now. Town Read

More Cowbell: Noob townie, makes coherent posts. He is one of the two town reads that I have who may possibly be scum. Probably Town Read

TPM: Another townie, seems like he gives less fuck about this game. I get some town vibes from him. The second of two town reads who may possibly be scum. Probably Town Read

Empoof: Post more often kty Null Read

And now for my scum reads; There can only be two scum left, so to save you the explanation first I believe Walrein and zorbees are the last two scum. I am usually not wrong. Lightwolf is a fallback plan for a scum member but I do not really think that he is scum due to the time and effort he put into(or made up for) in the game. In ascending order of Scumminess.

Lightwolf: Was one of the four members on the shinyskarmory lynch. Apparently, SL has been seen as a idiot townie, so Lightwolf may be a possibility(or just that he might be misled) of being a scum member. Fortunately for him, his long tl;dr posts he made up for his inactivity show signs of Town. There is a greater possibility of him being the mafia than More Cowbell and TPM, but I doubt it. Maybe Possibly Scum Read

Zorbees:Wishy washy voting pattern especially at day 1, Day 2 wanted to give Eagle "A chance to respond", yet not re-voting after his "response"(inactivity maybe?) Seen as a failed attempt as bussing; tried to put pressure on "everyone" to look fair but in the end actually got his hypothetical scum partner almost lynched, which he did not expect; in a move of folly and not wanting to vote off his sorry ass(which he should have!) he gave him "time" to respond, well so did I, but apparently his response was bad and we all voted him and the end goes the mafia. Seems like he misplayed his "pressure everybody to look town" plan, to me. Scum Read

Walrein: Oh, now this fat walrus. Posting (generally agreed) useless analyses, attempting to look town, added as filler so that he wouldn't look unhelpful. Buddying Eagle4 really really closely, and was one of the four members on the shinyskarmory bandwagon. At the start of Day 3, when he was being pressured, he come out to vote me with a shittier reasoning than SL has ever posted. LOL! NO YOU Scum Read

I am obviously town because Metal Sonic shoots down Eagles with his machineguns

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I apologise if the "LOL NO YOU" sounded inappropriate.

What I meant to say was:

Considering that Walrein is in quite hot waters right now, I suggest that he defend his own self instead of futilely trying to implicate another easy target to draw attention away from himself, when afterwards it is plain obvious that said "target" is clearly a town member. Save your own skin first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)