Mafia mafia. ITALY WINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Welcome to the sleepy town of Montreal. Where for years, order has been maintained in part thanks to a criminal organisation known as the French Canadian Mafia. The people of Montreal were happy in the knowledge that while the Mafia were criminals, they knew their limits and if you didnt go looking for trouble, the town was relatively safe.

Recently however, members of the French Canadian Mafia undertook a plan which upset this delicate balance. They attempted what they believed would be their greatest ever heist: the daring robbery of the famous Pink Panther diamond. They schemed for years to pull off this caper, but little did they know that their very success could prove their undoing.

The theft made international news, and drew the attention of a less savoury criminal organisation. The dreaded Itallian Mafia. Believing that there may be profit in infiltrating the now famous French Canadian Mafia, they sent their best men up to Montreal.

But the international news headlines also brought the attention of a second group. The FCBI. With sudden pressure from Ottawa, the French Canadian Bureau of Investigation has been forced to send in its own team to infiltrate the French Canadian Mafia and try to clean up this city once and for all.

So as is done in these situations, the French Canadian Mafia have decided to take a daily vote, in an attempt to eliminate the outsiders......

This mafia game will be quite different from all mafia games you will have played in the past...

Firstly, every player has a unique role. There are no Villagers.

In this mafia game every player has their own win conditions. Rather than winning if your team is the last standing, in order to win at this game you have to achieve your own personal goals. And once your personal goals are achieved, you win - regardless of whether your team is successful. Being allied with a team does not necessarily mean you require that team to win for victory. Your win condition is personal to you, and may or may not fit with your teams plans. So you may have to take it upon yourself and use all your cunning to achieve victory. Likewise, you must be extremely careful about who you trust, as you never can be quite sure someones motives are the same as yours.

There also are those who are unaligned - they are involved with the mafia in Montreal up to their necks - but to them it doesnt really matter who wins, so long as they achieve their own personal aims.

We also are introducing items. These will grant certain abilities to their holder. In the night you can either choose to use an item, give it away to anyone in the game you like, or of course you could idle.. You cannot have more than one item at a time - if you attempt to give an item to someone who already has an item, you will not be able to. You will recieve any items given to you at the end of each night. Of course one of the items is the Diamond. Whoever has the Diamond at the end of the game will win, regardless of their role. If you kill someone with an item, you do not recieve their item, with the exception of the diamond. If you kill the person with the diamond, then you will receive the diamond.

The Italian Mafia and the FCBI have been split up in their own unique ways to protect them from moles. But they have powerful resources behind them - they most definitely are not your every-day bunch of mindless killers. Underestimate them at your peril.

The FCBI at night instead of killing, will arrest a member and ship them off to a prison camp in Greenland. This is arguably better or worse than being dead, but as far as this game is concerned, it is the same thing.

The Italian Mafia and FCBI have a second method of protecting themselves from traitors. The boss of each group has a bosskill ability, which can be used only against members of his own team, and will eliminate them from the game and cannot be prevented by a bodyguard (free hint: there may be more than one bodyguard) or other similar means.

Also, it is possible that death may not be the end of the game for some of you. I dont want to go into detail, but dont think its safe to spill your guts to someone because they are dead. This is one hell of a complicated game of mafia..

The game will end when one of the teams has won or if all surviving players have won. For a team to win, it must eliminate all players who require an enemy team to win as part their win criteria. And remember, you can still lose even if your mafia group wins!

Here are some other rules I stole:
1. You are not to copy+paste or screenshot anything Shiv or I tell you privately over any kind of confidential messaging system, including but not limited to: Smogon PM, IRC PM, MSN, AIM. The only exception is made by me - I will tell you right now the evil sides are allowed to do this, and I may tell you can do this. Unless either of these is the case, trying to foolproof your innocence leads to an auto-lynch, disqualification and a head-from-neck separation. [edit by hip] You can c/p your role PM I guess.. It's not like they are hard to fake..

2. You are allowed to communicate with everyone, everywhere, anyhow. Except if Shiv/me posted you're dead, which means you can't post in this thread anymore and you shouldn't talk about the game at all. Think before you act. [edit by hip] Yeah this rule is of course the case except there may be exceptions, but those will be made very clear.

3. You can ask me anything if it's unclear. If I do not want to answer your question, you will notice. Reach me via Smogon PM or IRC. Shiv could answer questions too, but sometimes we may need to discuss something before answering you.

4. Do not clog this thread with a bunch of senseless discussion if you can. Arguments are part of mafia, but tl;dr is annoying for those wishing to keep up.

6. If you have a night role but you're not using it, I still want you to PM me. Use night (x) - idling.

7. Use common sense. Don't ruin the game. I put a lot of work into it, Shiv put a lot of work into it. [edit by hip] a ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckload of work

8. If you're changing your vote for a lynch, edit it out. Your first vote will be counted. Also, bold your vote. To make it even easier for us, always use Lynch chaos, that helps Ctrl-F a lot. You can change your vote until Shiv or I posts the day is over.

Here is a big list of players:
zerowing (FCBI) - lynched day 7
jackal (neutral) - lynched day 3
porygon3 (FCBI) - lynched day 10
Obi (neutral) - killed night 4
brain (French Canadian Mafia) - killed night 10
ControllerOfFlames (French Canadian Mafia)- killed night 8
dak
WER
Sunday (FCBI) - killed night 10
gmax (FCBI - killed night 11
FFMaster
Doomsday
Karrot
Earthworm (FCBI) - killed night 8
StrangerDanger
Junior (French Canadian Mafia) - lynched day 5
The Atheist (neutral) - killed night 6
CardsOfTheHeart
Sklez
Blue Kirby (french canadian mafia) - lynched day 6
Gormenghast (French Canadian Mafia) - Killed night 1
Mekkah
Thunda
GreenPikachu
Giga-Punch (Neutral) - Killed night 3
TheBM
cookie
Amelia (French Canadian Mafia) - Killed night 5
Shiney (Unknown) - Vanished night 5
Fishin (french canadian mafia) - killed night 9
Vampdude34 (FCBI) - lynched day 8
aamto (FCBI) - lynched day 9
GTS
CaptKirby (French Canadian Mafia)- killed night 2
Kira
moot (FCBI) - Lynched Day 2
Venom
Ghandi1988
Toothache (Italian Mafia) - Killed night 1
West (FCBI - Lynched day 4
gaudetjaja (Neutral)- Lynched day 1
There are 18 players currently alive and active.

Here are some example role PMs, just incase you need to know.. These roles are not in the game.

--------------------
Dear chaos,
You are the Redneck. You are allied with the French Canadian Mafia.
You ain't got no time for no high falutin, fancy city ways like basic hygiene. If people ain't gonna visit cause of it, thats just fine with you.
You cannot be targetted by any night role.

You win if the French Canadian Mafia win, and you survive.

Please read the game description post carefully. It is probably in your best interest to do so.
--------------------

Dear chaos,
You are the Astronaut. You are allied with the Italian Mafia.
In space no one can hear you scream.
If you are killed at night, you will be removed from the game, but the other players will not be informed. Shiv or I will send you a PM informing you of your death.

You win if the Italian Mafia win

Please read the game description post carefully. It is probably in your best interest to do so.
--------------------

Dear chaos,
You are the Dog Handler. You are allied with the French Canadian Bureau of Investigation.
You like animals a lot more than you like people. Especially people who mistreat animals. Especially the Fighting Dog Trainer.

You have the Muzzle.
At night you can send a PM to me or Shiv with the title Night (x) - muzzling (user). That user will be unable to post in the forum topic until the end of the next day, but will gain possession of the muzzle for the following night.
The Muzzle is item. It may be stolen or lost by some other means. You can choose to give it away during the night to whomever you please. If that person already has an item you will retain possession of it. You cannot use this item and give it away on the same night.

You win if you survive and the Fighting Dog Trainer does not.

--------------------

Dear chaos,
You are the Vampire. You have a Neutral alliance
You are the undead ruler of the night. You envy the living and you have been waiting for thousands of years for your chance to rejoin their number. Finally, a chance has presented itself and you are not going to let it slip away. Somewhere out there is a Maiden, she must be sacrificed at midnight of the night of the full moon (night 6).

At night you can send a PM to me or Shiv with the title Night (x) - zombifying (user). That user will have their win criteria changed to "You win if the Vampire wins". You may only have one Zombie at a time. If you use this power while you already control a zombie, your zombie will have their original win criteria restored, and your new target will be zombified.

You win if on night 6, the Maiden is your zombie, or your target for zombification.

--------------------

Sending PMs may take me a while, so please bear with me
Night 1 Starts now.

Good luck, have fun, and have a nice day.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
PMs are all sent.

So, start using n1 powers please!

Since I am so generous and this is the first night, I will give you 70 hours and 40 minutes, since midday NZ time is more convenient for me. From n2 on, it is 48 hours.

Have a nice day.

even from the single PM i recieved, I can already tell this is gonna be super high qual. My belief was of coursed reenforced a millionfold.

the item system is fucking awesome too. Just excellent work here guys.

really looking forward to this :D

PS: killing shiv n1 or n2

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Oh, I just realised I left out a detail about items in the original post.

"If you kill someone with an item, you do not recieve their item, with the exception of the diamond. If you kill the person with the diamond, then you will receive the diamond."

This has been edited in.

Have a nice day.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
PS: Most of the concepts were Hip's ideas! I just helped out balance the game a bit and stuff :)

Also, Gormenghast has been godkilled. (for being gay)

(im just kidding please dont take the above line seriously!)

Edit: Please make sure you put both Hip's and my name as the recipients as it'll make it easier to organize.

forgive me if i dont understand.... but is this like the real-life mafia game???

where the policemen have to decide whos mafia and the mafia have to come together and kill the policemen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)