Is this what happens?

Yup, the ghost curse.

But if it bounces at the enemy, doesn't that mean that like,

Dusclops used Curse!
Dusclops lost 50% HP!
Espeon used Trollface!
Dusclops was afflicted by the curse!

Is this what happens?
I am so unbelievably intrigued by this question I am almost willing to sit on PO with a "Trollface" Espeon until somebody uses curse.

Is there any ghost pokemon, that uses curse at all competitively? The only time I ever used it was once on spirtomb, because I forgot it did stupid things when your a ghost. When my spirtomb instantly lost hald if its HP, I was pissed. Man, if ghosts could use the regular curse that would rule.

Is there any ghost pokemon, that uses curse at all competitively? The only time I ever used it was once on spirtomb, because I forgot it did stupid things when your a ghost. When my spirtomb instantly lost hald if its HP, I was pissed. Man, if ghosts could use the regular curse that would rule.
It's a viable move.

I.E-Stall Breaker, Force switch.

I used it on my Clops before.

It kept dying, and I realised I needed a spinner. I kicked it off for Technitop(who gets TECHNICIAN RAPID SPIN FUCK YEAH)

I guess it can function sort of as an explosion, seeing as they will just kill you off when your halfway gone in health. But then again most Ghost have dystiny bond if then need it, which is honestly better, unless you facing total stall. And then they can just switch.

I used Curse Rest Spiritomb a lot in Gen 4 UU, paired with Chansey and some other Heal Beller I can't remember off the top of my head.

It was highly effective.

I used Curse Rest Spiritomb a lot in Gen 4 UU, paired with Chansey and some other Heal Beller I can't remember off the top of my head.

It was highly effective.
In HeartGold, I had a Gastly that was surprisingly useful with Curse/Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Shadow Ball.

Hypnosis till they're asleep, Curse, and then Dream Eater for health back. Shadow Ball is for when you don't feel like doing all that.

Sorta gimmicky, but it did help a lot on certain guys.

And this was ingame, of course, I doubt it would work well in competitive playing (and I wouldn't be using a Gastly either).

Curse has killed me pretty badly before, with the opponent utilizing Mean Look and Rest. But after that one kill, it was pretty easy. It seemed gimmicky like a PerishTrapper.

Can't wait to try Magic Bounce in-game, back on the thread's topic. I chose the Espeon from that game thing.

Not according to the move data, it doesn't. Curse isn't reflectable. Did you actually test this?
Nope I haven't, seems kinda silly though as other status condtions reflect right back. Perhaps its considered a status affiction like attract and confuse ray. Why these are diferent has always confused me, but I guess if that actuall is data for it it must be true.

Well, magic bounce doesn't reflect curse from a ghost user. It did reflect confuse ray though (Then again, I think magic coat reflected confusion stuff except teeter dance back in 4th gen, if I'm reading Smogon's info page right).

And yeah, I tested this. Was fortunate enough to get a magic bounce natu off the GTS, so I used that for testing.

having used espeon magic bounce is a great ability i prefered the name magic mirror, but personally i used a timid 252 sp.atk 252speed 4 Hp set with light clay i could take a hit thanks to the reflect that did quite well for me, shadowball, psyshock, reflect and hiddenpower fire was great for scizor, forry, skarmory but you could use hp fight for tyranitar.

This ability just brought a whole new level of prediction in with it.
And Team Preview killed that.
Though on Dream World, they're FAR more effective thanks to no Team Preview. My Sableye hates them there...yet Sableye is so fun to wreck newbies with who use their semi-uber team only to get it fully wrecked by a Sableye.
Yet the competent players using Espeon and Xatu are a nightmare for me...

I recently have gotten a Magic Mirror Xatu from a trade and it fits well into my Sun team for Random Matchup, deflecting random status/etc moves when the opponent doesn't even expect it, like Hippowdon's Yawn.

Could be effective as an antilead... or an anti-anything that loves to status with things it isn't immune to... (takes a good stare at Togekiss)... if you could trap/KO them, it'd be a good way to get free stealth rocks from an opponent, but Espeon (or Xatu, for the matter) is hardly going to keep the thing from attacking or setting up once it's switched out...

The thing that ultimately limits Espeon's usefulness is its movepool. It's only attacking moves are either Psychic, Grass, Ghost, and whatever hidden power it has. Espeon has the stat spread of a decent special attacker, but no moves to back it up.

Well, magic bounce doesn't reflect curse from a ghost user. It did reflect confuse ray though (Then again, I think magic coat reflected confusion stuff except teeter dance back in 4th gen, if I'm reading Smogon's info page right).

And yeah, I tested this. Was fortunate enough to get a magic bounce natu off the GTS, so I used that for testing.
Hmm, thanks.

Now to wait for DW to open, I want my MB Espeon :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)