Magic Bounce

I haven't been using any Espeon, but I have found them to be incredibly annoying on Pokemon online (in a good way).

I have been trying out fast suicide leads, and Espeon tends to be a huge pain in the neck. Its a terrible mind game to have to deal with, since the percentage of players who use Espeon is not particularly high, yet they completely mess with strategy. I'd say at times 25% of teams had Espeon and a smaller percentage Xatu.

Anyways, when I use Aerodactyl, Espeon would always bounce back either my taunt or stealth rock. Stone Edge can 2HKO most Espeons I've run into, but not when they proceed to set up Reflect. I usually switch to a Scizor to take Espeon out before it causes too much damage. An Infernape lead doesn't fair too much better although he can do more damage to Espeon. Either way I don't get Stealth Rock up.

Also, on Pokemon Online Deoxys-S is not banned yet and I tried it as a Taunt/Stealth Rock/Spikes lead, and while it was broken last generation it is destroyed by Espeon. I was forced to run some special attack and signal beam to try to deal with magic mirror. It should probably still be banned, but I think this puts into perspective the power of the magic mirror.

I must have faced you on PO because that sounds exactly like what I did.Last I checked Espeon was I believe #11 on the Dream World tier. Usage was around 11% maybe less? I love this thing simply because it doesn't even have to attack and it's still useful. With every other team having a Nattorei it makes dual screening and killing with HP Fire a breeze. Not to mention it's good to have around when you want to KO Roopushin. I don't know why anyone would carry Psycho Shock instead since Blissey usage is going down while Roopushin is way up.I'd bet even if Luvdisc were the only pokemon to get this ability it would jump into OU. (probably lol)

This guy is just great.
Perfect partner for the Fire/Bug as keeping stealth rock off the field is a must.

I've been using this set.
Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Mirror
Timid Nature [+Spe -Atk]
EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Reflect
-HP Fire
-Psychic
-Grass Knot

I can switch into so many threats with ease and KO things like Fory, the Grass/Steel, Swampert and more. Reflect allows me to actually take some physical attacks while supporting the team as well. Thing is, nobody expects the Hp fire, so I'm always getting kills on Scizors that decide to stay in.

When a Magic Mirror Pokemon uses a status move on another Magic Mirror Pokemon, it reflects and hits the original user of the move.

I like that it reflects whirlwnd and roar because that means that baton pass chains dont need to rely on ingrain so much. All you'd have to do is predict and pass to espeon to have your opponent phazed instead and then CM away!

could you use an opponants pokemon with this ability to charge up pokemon with motor drive, by hitting it with thunder wave?

I think you can. One time, I kept using Will-o-Wisp on my Flash Fire Heatran against an enemy Espeon while he was setting up screens. Got to +4 on my fire moves before he left.

well, one thing's for sure...any annoyer teams (parafusion, leech seed/sub, flinch hax, etc) are destroyed by these two magic mirror users. that kills some fun :(

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Espeon is still terrible.

*sends in Dark type, sets up*

*uses SR on non-Nattorei/Skarm/Forretress Pokemon*

Espeon/Xatu have definitely improved since gen IV but in honesty I'm still very hesitant to use anything that can be trapped or is pursuit bait because that just instantly puts you at 5v6.

If DW Eevee is released though, Espeon gets access to Baton Pass so it can just BP away from Pursuits and switch to a Justice Heart poke.

On the Beta Server, Espeon = God.

On the Smogon Server, Espeon = ehhhhh. Unless you have PERFECT prediction, it can't really do much.

Xatu is now a fucking good Trick Room lead, since it can always get off a Trick Room when it's sashed. Then you give it shit like Wish/Toxic/U-turn and you've got yourself a pretty decent Trick Roomer.

It's not really that great. It's one of my biggest disappointments this gen because i've always been an espeon fan.

Prediction with magic mirror is more than often a coin flip. Stealth rock is often on heavy hitters that can usually ohko espy. If team previews are on, forget it. Maybe if it was bulkier, and not a psychic type (2nd worst type in the game imo) it would really wreak havoc.

The good news is that it can 1 or 2hko some common spikers like natty, forry, hippowdon, swampert, etc. The bad news is that it really needs hp fire which is all but impossible to obtain in-game due to all dw espys being male.

I've stopped using espeon altogether :(

I haven't tried xatu yet. You'd think, oh i dunno, Bronzor the mirror pokemon would get magic mirror. Friggin trollfreak.

Espeon/Xatu have definitely improved since gen IV but in honesty I'm still very hesitant to use anything that can be trapped or is pursuit bait because that just instantly puts you at 5v6.
This is quite an interesting fact. I got to 12th on the Smogon DW server partly by using this to my advantage.

I would run Shed Shell for Shanderas who think they have a free kill. Since they almost always are scarfed and almost always use shadow ball, I simply switch into Scizor. This turns the tables since they are now pursuit bait. If your not stupid enough like me to use someone 4x weak to fire, then Tyranitar is the perfect partner to spring this trap.

There are two primary pursuit users: Tyranitar and Scizor. Espeon is one of the few psychics blessed with Baton pass. Thus, you can easily outspeed them and BP to somebody who resists Dark. In this case, I again use Scizor since it puts T-tar in an extremely awkward position, but really any steel or fighting would do. Since u Baton Passed, pursuit only has 40bp not counting STAB and your recipient should take a pittance. The only thing that this won't work against are choice scarfed versions of the aforementioned threats.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you guys looked at the Espeon thread, Magic Mirror Pokemon have the option of "untrapping" themselves. An Espeon or a Xatu can become an anti-stall Pokemon using a set consisting of Hidden Power Fire, a Psychic-type move, Reflect, and a switch-out move (U-Turn for Xatu, Baton Pass for Espeon). In my experience, both have very good utility on teams and decimates Nattorei and Skarmory should they get the chance. If the opponent chooses to use a pursuit Pokemon, look no further than Reflect and the scouting move.

Xatu, I find, has proven itself a good user of Magic Mirror despite being an "inferior" individual to Espeon. I recall some warstories as a testament to this.

I run heavy stall, so these Pokemon annoy the everliving crap outta me. I have several checks for espy but Xatu drives me nuts. Featherdance cripples my CB Dusknior, which always carries at least 2 SE moves on it. I assume it can do the same to any pursuiter who tries to come in on it with just a bit of prediction.

Xatu's been doing quite well for, I've been running:

Xatu @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 Spe
-Reflect
-Thunder Wave
-U-Turn
-Roost

Which does a good job supporting the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)