1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Magic the Gathering Tournament I: Quarterfinals

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by matty, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The Round of 8
    So I'm pretty steamed at the lack of activity of people. And so I went ahead and made some judgement calls. I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of flak for some of the choices but here goes. I value people that got their matches done. And so there are spots that people might have had a better record but didn't advance (Asim, myself and MrEsc along with Fig, Tea_Demon and Yuri). I would much rather have people that got their matches in the Round of 8 than people that didn't. I've gone ahead and given priority to people if they were active in #MTG or PM'd their opponents. If you don't agree with my decision come and talk to me if you are really interested in playing in the Round of 8 (like Fig or Yuri and Asim and MrEsc).

Tournament Rules:

1. All players must carefully familiarize themselves with the latest rulebook and follow the rules carefully.
    2. If there is a dispute in terms of rulings, refer to the Magic Wiki or ask a knowledgable person on our IRC channel #mtg.
    3. Game discussion will be held on #mtg on irc.synirc.net. This can also be used to schedule matches and find some help for your deck! I can't stress this chat enough, there's almost always someone on and I encourage you to use it for anything MTG related
    4. You DO HAVE TO use the same deck throughout the entire tournament and you CANNOT change your deck during the same round.
    4a. In order to be fair, send in decks to TheAngry Scientist; he has generously volunteered to collect the decks for the tournament in order to make sure that people aren't changing between rounds. Thanks!
    5. The tournament is played in two parts: the first part of the tournament will be a Swiss round. The number of people that signup will be divided into 4 group. Each player will play all the other players in a best of 3. The 2 players with the best records from each group will move onto the round of 4. The #1 seed from group one will then play the #2 from group two and vice versa. The proceeding rounds will be best of 3 as well.
    6. No player may reveal the contents of their opponent's deck. Doing so will get you kicked out of the tournament and banned from future tournaments
    7. Each player may use a 15 card Side Deck or no sideboard at all; nothing in between
    8. Creativity is encouraged, although not mandatory. (Ripping other peoples decks off the internet isn't a bad idea *wink wink*)
    9. It is advised that players compete whilst drunk, high, or any other mood to insure the most fun possibly. EVERYONE and their mom wants to duel a drunk Hobo Joe.
    10. - All matches will be played on Cockatrice in best 2 out of 3 match format. NO exceptions.

Red Division

Myzozoa #1
    Loos #2

Blue Division
    bojangles #1
    Tea Demon #2

Orange Division
    matty #1
    MrEsc #2

Green Division
    Blue Captain #1
    tad38 #2

---

So here is the bracket as follows: Red Division vs Blue Division #1 vs #2 seeds and Orange Division vs Green Division #1 vs #2 seeds

Round of 8
    Myzozoa
    vs Tea Demon
    bojangles vs Loos
    matty vs tad38
    Blue Captain vs MrEsc

I'm giving you guys a week, so matches should be completed by:
    Oct 11th. 7PM EST

Come talk to me if you wanna bitch at me

2. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Predictions:

Myzozoa vs Tea Demon
    bojanlges vs Loos - the only loser here is matty because he spelled my name wrong. Good luck Loos.
    matty vs tad38 - good match here, but tad38 is still my favorite to win it all.
    Blue Captain vs MrEsc - tbh I didn't know who you were until you went 4-0 in Swiss rounds. You have earned my respect.
  3. Bluecaptain

Bluecaptain

Won against Mr.Esc 2-1 very good games man, you totally had me scared!
  4. Mr Escalator

Mr Escalator

Lost 1-2 vs Blue Captain. GGs to you mate.
    Is this Single or Double elimination? Assuming it's the former.
  5. Myzozoa

Myzozoa Throw-up on the internet, or get off on TV
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

I defeated tea_demon 2-0, splintertwin is an evil deck.
  6. TEA_DEMON

TEA_DEMON

combo: infinity
    ambush wurm: zero

gg
  7. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Beat Loos 2-0. GG man.
  8. Loos

Loos

Confirming that I lost to bojangles.
  9. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Lost 2-0; gg Tad

Game 1 was a land away from a win and game 2 just didn't get any lands all game
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)