1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Making our shares public - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Inside Poop - April Fool's Day 2011' started by Stallion, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Stallion

Stallion Killing is my business, and business is good!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Alright, so as you know us Inside Scoopers at smogon actually have a multi million dollar company on our hands. Due to our ingenious slave labour scheme known as "C&C" and false incentives such as a "contributor badge", since 2004, almost without exception (that is, each year not including the "dark ages"; Tangerines reign as an authority figure) our average stock price has risen quite healthily each year. Now that our research for Black/White is taking up most of resources and hard earned dollars, I was thinking that allowing our shares to be purchased by the public to be a great way to generate more cash. Think about it guys, if we overprice our shares (easily done, we are people of great influence after all) under the false premise that "it's an exciting time for smogon and as a result, we are growing rapidly" the extra money could make things like an office gym with proper equipment (no more having to bench press Jimbo) or our two week Vegas trip possible. Of course there are downsides to giving the public control of our company, but let's be honest, I want a fucking holiday already! Discuss.
  2. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm fine with this as long as we are careful to retain control of over 50% of the shares.

God help us all if Serebii, Bulbagarden, and GameFAQs team up to become the majority shareholders of Smogon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)