1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Mamoswine [BW2 Revamp] [QC: 3/3] [GP 0/2]

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Sciztar, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Don't mention Lati@s twins at all
    He means that Heatran is a good partner for Mamoswine b/c it can tank Dragon hits, assaults which teams with Mamoswine tend to be vulnerable against.
    You can move the first part of that sentence to the LO set or Overview, where it would be more relevant. Take it out of Checks and Counters section, though.
  2. Sciztar

Sciztar

Alright, I dropped the Lati@s twins out of the Breloom teammate portion of the analysis.
    I made the changes that Pocket and PK suggested. Can i mention that Mamoswine can function on a Sandstorm team, or just put that in the AO section? Other than that I believe that's it.
  3. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

no that's quite alright

like's get this analysis MOVING

[qc]1/3[/qc]
  4. Frog

Frog

honestly what does sash do in this metagame besides get burned and let deoxys-d set up?
  5. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

On the first set you say that an Adamant nature is the preffered one but you have Jolly listed first.
  6. Sciztar

Sciztar

Hey thanks for the catch, I guess I didn't changed that I meant to say it the other way around.

Edit: Anymore suggestions?
  7. Dice

Dice what's a god to a nonbeliever
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis Smogon Frontier's Arcade Star

[qc]2/3[/qc]
  8. Sciztar

Sciztar

It functions great as a lead, seeing how every weather summoner has a chance of OHKO Mamoswine(if they are offensive). So with the Focus Sash you can guarantee a turn to set up Stealth or use endeavor to get them down to 1HP and then use Ice Shard to KO the them which can help your team win the weather wars.
  9. shrang

shrang Reaction to Ubers ladder
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Generally looks fine, except I would like you to go into Jolly vs. Adamant in the Life Orb set with a little more detail. The use of Jolly nature is generally better for number of things you can outspeed, but that 10% power drop does actually lose you a number of KOs. I'll give you a few damage calcs, which I'd recommend you put into the analysis to highlight the benefits of Jolly vs Adamant:

Adamant Earthquake vs 252/88+ Ferrothorn: 44.60% - 52.84% (Chance to 2HKO after SR and Leftovers, very high chance with one layer of Spikes only)
    Jolly Earthquake vs 252/88+ Ferrothorn: 40.91% - 48.01%
    Adamant Earthquake vs 252/0 Tyranitar: 106.93% - 126.24%
    Jolly Earthquake vs 252/0 Tyranitar: 96.53% - 114.36% (Basically for lead matchups, some people ARE stupid or don't care enough to leave their Tyranitars in, and nothing will frustrate you more than to miss the OHKO on the stupid thing and have it set up free SR on you or something)
    Adamant Icicle Crash vs 252/232+ Skarmory: 34.43% - 40.72% (Good chance at 3HKOing Skarmory if you get the 30% flinch chance)
    Jolly Icicle Crash vs 252/232+ Skarmory: 31.44% - 37.13%
    Adamant Earthquake vs 252/252+ Hippowdon: 35.71% - 42.14%
    Adamant Icicle Crash vs 252/252+ Hippowdon: 60.48% - 71.90% (2HKO guaranteed with SR for Earthquake then Icicle Crash)
    Jolly Earthquake vs 252/252+ Hippowdon: 32.14% - 38.10%
    Jolly Icicle Crash vs 252/252+ Hippowdon: 55.71% - 65.71% (Miss the 2HKO for EQ + Icicle Crash)

Put these in and I'll approve.
  10. Sciztar

Sciztar

Okay I've implemented those changes into the Life Orb set. Anymore last minute changes or suggestions?
  11. shrang

shrang Reaction to Ubers ladder
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

[qc]3/3[/qc]
  12. Sciztar

Sciztar

Now that I have 3 QC checks, I'll be editing the analysis for GP Checks. Does any GP members have any concerns with how I made the format for the analysis please let me know.
  13. Redew

Redew jukain sucks
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

14. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

After concerns were brought up regarding the quality of the prose in this analysis, we've decided to reassign this to a more capable writer. We still value your contributions, but suggest some more writing practice before diving headlong into C&C.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)